Ruby Granger #37 You can still get one while you can

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
(This is also almost exactly the same thumbnail face she's pulling in her Oxford acceptance video:
I kid you not I went onto YT at uni to search something today with someone and this exact video came up as a suggestion and I felt so embarrassed lmfao.
Idek know why because all of the other suggestions were like “top 10 moments of kindness in football” and asmr vids 💀 but the thumbnail on this one is just so bleeping cringe

• Haha
Reactions: 14
To be fair it is a linen dress which crease by the mere sight of a chair. Not that this one will ever see or have seen a iron though.
Totally agree. Linen is a witch. Still, we all know that if it was gifted to us and we were tagging the company who gifted it to us, we would present it beautifully in a video.

Lol, for sure this one will never see an iron 🤣
---
I kid you not I went onto YT at uni to search something today with someone and this exact video came up as a suggestion and I felt so embarrassed lmfao.
Idek know why because all of the other suggestions were like “top 10 moments of kindness in football” and asmr vids 💀 but the thumbnail on this one is just so bleeping cringe
aw tit this happened to me and literally the other recommended were either football or tennis moments. Then Roob. Staring out of the screen at me. I was looking for a video tutorial to fix my printer lol.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
The fact that she's still so extremely embarassed by a minor naughty thing she claims she did at 3 seems so weird to me. I did so much "worse" naughty stuff during childhood and always just think of these stories as funny anecdotes. Also wtf is this claim that she contributed to the teacher getting fired? Cant really imagine that as nothing really happened?
Lmao at my primary school there were frequent scuffles between kids that ended with minor injuries and it wasnt such a drama. I also remember police picking up a boy from my class bc he stole video games during breaktime at a nearby store. But maybe that was just my working class school xD
Theresa May wheat field vibes

• Haha
The fact that she's still so extremely embarassed by a minor naughty thing she claims she did at 3 seems so weird to me. I did so much "worse" naughty stuff during childhood and always just think of these stories as funny anecdotes. Also wtf is this claim that she contributed to the teacher getting fired? Cant really imagine that as nothing really happened?
Lmao at my primary school there were frequent scuffles between kids that ended with minor injuries and it wasnt such a drama. I also remember police picking up a boy from my class bc he stole video games during breaktime at a nearby store. But maybe that was just my working class school xD
I imagine she just made the whole thing up or embellished wildly for attention, like she does with everything. She also claims she started nursery "quite yonng" at 3 years old, when that's the standard age that children start nursery.

That or it's a false memory, or Ruby dreamt the whole thing and thought it was real. Her memory of this random event from when she was 3 years old is suspiciously vivid and almost none of it sounds real. Her parents probably just nodded and said 'How interesting, Ruby, that sounds awfully exciting' whenever she brought it up, much like they no doubt do with all the imaginary bullshit and lies she comes out with on a daily basis.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I know 😭

It's hilarious to see what she's spending her time reading. Her master's programme starts in six months' time, so naturally she's faffing around reading every single book romanticising Oxford that she can get her grubby mitts on. Forget about maybe cramming a bit more Shakespeare into your brain, or anything at all related to the degree you're about to pursue, it's much more important to soak in the dark macadamia vibes in anticipation!
October's still a long way off, but it does show where Ruby's interests lie imo. Does anyone know if the university will send reading lists in advance, or is this just something they do for undergrads?

Also omg, please listen to the way she says 'I don't know' at 09:20
''Ahhhyy dount knhhhoow'' 🤨
---
Theresa May wheat field vibes
If anyone doesn't know what this refers to, it somehow has its own wikipedia page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Running_through_fields_of_wheat

😂 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I imagine she just made the whole thing up or embellished wildly for attention, like she does with everything. She also claims she started nursery "quite yonng" at 3 years old, when that's the standard age that children start nursery.

That or it's a false memory, or Ruby dreamt the whole thing and thought it was real. Her memory of this random event from when she was 3 years old is suspiciously vivid and almost none of it sounds real. Her parents probably just nodded and said 'How interesting, Ruby, that sounds awfully exciting' whenever she brought it up, much like they no doubt do with all the imaginary bullshit and lies she comes out with on a daily basis.
Honestly who is arsed about how smart/developed they were as a 3 year old? Pretty sure I was still shitting behind the sofa and trying to eat out of the bin aged 3, but I turned out ok in the end……. I think 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Right? She contributed to a teacher being fired? Wtf. Roob even refers to herself as a 'demon child', the 'ring leader' and that Mummy Bones told her that the teacher was fired after what Ruby did. I bet the teacher wasn't fired. She probably had a nervous breakdown and left. Absolutely bizarre story time video. No wonder the comments are disabled.

I'm watching the series You rn because I'm sick and off work for a few days. Knowing that Roob was at the premiere for this is hilarious. The swearing and sex lol.
the fact that they show a full frontal of a d*ck on the first or second episode lmao

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I just got back the essay I wrote for my literature class - the professor had given tons of detailed constructive feedback and I'm super tempted to pull a Roobee and write it down somewhere so I can make a note on where to improve 😂 I got the highest mark, with special compliments on the section on Tristram Shandy 🥳

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I just got back the essay I wrote for my literature class - the professor had given tons of detailed constructive feedback and I'm super tempted to pull a Roobee and write it down somewhere so I can make a note on where to improve 😂 I got the highest mark, with special compliments on the section on Tristram Shandy 🥳
Congratulations! 👍😊

• Heart
Reactions: 4
By all means, write the professor's feedback down! Further improving your essays will make sure you soar through your course! Keep up the good spirit :)

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
I just saw Ruby's video saying she is going to oxford, I'm pleased for her and looking forward to the videos she makes about her experience there I just hope she actually spends more time in Oxford. Its not quite the same big deal to get in to Oxford for a post graduate degree, its typically easier to get a place on any post graduate course than an undergraduate course but its still cool. I hope the culture of the post grad in Oxford isn't as harsh as it is for undergrads as it doesn't have a good reputation if you find yourself not fitting in and I'm not sure how well Ruby's persona will go down with her peers but hopefully she will make some good content there.

I just saw Ruby's video saying she is going to oxford, I'm pleased for her and looking forward to the videos she makes about her experience there I just hope she actually spends more time in Oxford. Its not quite the same big deal to get in to Oxford for a post graduate degree, its typically easier to get a place on any post graduate course than an undergraduate course but its still cool. I hope the culture of the post grad in Oxford isn't as harsh as it is for undergrads as it doesn't have a good reputation if you find yourself not fitting in and I'm not sure how well Ruby's persona will go down with her peers but hopefully she will make some good content there.
I'm also hoping the postgrad experience goes well for her. Hopefully she gets stuck in and engages with the course and the experience toughens her up a bit, and brings back the grounded Ruby who we used to see in her first year at Exeter doing EngLit (or thereabouts, I forget when exactly, but there was a while she seemed more grounded and happy, and seemed to be getting on with things well).

It's her goal, the city is absolutely beautiful, it may just be the revitalising kick she needs.

Reactions: 9
I'm still thinking about Ruby's children's book apparently being too "experimental". I'm so curious what exactly her agent meant by that. I honestly can't think of anything that would be too experimental for a modern children's book, unless it's something inappropriate? Or just a polite way to say it's bad lol

Reactions: 19
I'm still thinking about Ruby's children's book apparently being too "experimental". I'm so curious what exactly her agent meant by that. I honestly can't think of anything that would be too experimental for a modern children's book, unless it's something inappropriate? Or just a polite way to say it's bad lol
I'd be willing to bet that Ruby adopted a batshit insane approach to try to seem ✨gifted✨ and the agent is trying to break it to her gently that it's terrible

Reactions: 15
My guess is it’s experimental in the sense that she was trying to see how much she could directly lift from Lemony Snicket and still get away with it 🙃

• Haha
Ruby was ripping off Lemony Snicket for it, plus she was talking a lot about nonsense poetry at the time she was first writing it, as though she'd stumbled onto some golden ticket to write any old gibberish and have it be publishable. Either of those two styles require basic writing ability, let alone a talent for wordplay and a sense of humour to do well, none of which Ruby has. It wouldn't shock me if she slapped the two elements together, wrote an utterly incoherent mess and her agent politely told her to write something commercial that had half a hope of selling.

Her agent signed her for her name and following (which I'm sure she's regretting more and more by the day), but also for a pitch that was in a very popular and commercial genre (YA mystery), so I can't imagine the panic attacks she's having every time Ruby sends her another lengthy, unedited manuscript of plagiarised drivel in whatever niche subgenre/defunct writing style she's decided to rip off that day.

Reactions: 19
I would like to see some of what Ruby is actually working on, mostly as I can see what has been plagiarised from other material. I find it very odd that she is treating her writing like she has to chuck the words out by the thousands each day and it makes me wonder how good the quality of her work is. How many books is she supposedly working on at the moment? It feels like she is desperate to get a book on the shelf before she goes to Oxford to have evidence of actually doing something on her gap year and she has something to speak about with other students/lecturers or something to show off with.

Oh god, her new video is a 47-minute bookshelf tour. Take a sip everytime she mispronounces an author - but keep it non-alcoholic 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.