Ruby Granger #37 You can still get one while you can

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not Brideshead Revisited! 😭 😭
I know 😭

It's hilarious to see what she's spending her time reading. Her master's programme starts in six months' time, so naturally she's faffing around reading every single book romanticising Oxford that she can get her grubby mitts on. Forget about maybe cramming a bit more Shakespeare into your brain, or anything at all related to the degree you're about to pursue, it's much more important to soak in the dark macadamia vibes in anticipation!

• Sick
Reactions: 27
I know 😭

It's hilarious to see what she's spending her time reading. Her master's programme starts in six months' time, so naturally she's faffing around reading every single book romanticising Oxford that she can get her grubby mitts on. Forget about maybe cramming a bit more Shakespeare into your brain, or anything at all related to the degree you're about to pursue, it's much more important to soak in the dark macadamia vibes in anticipation!
She's in for a rude awakening, because she isn't read up to speed for this time period at all.

Reactions: 13
I think that she is going to have a problem in Oxford as she is not going to have a Blakney or use her regular techniques to get good grades. I think that her knowledge of the time period is limited and she can't exactly do a Notion timeline of the events in history. There is going to be the expectation of her having more independent thought instead of just relying on the critical readings all the time. I use them to help them build up my thoughts, especially as I was working on something rather original in what I was writing about. She could be reading a bit more Shakespeare and other literature form the period at least too build up her knowledge. She would have been better off with the Victorian course than this one, as she hasn't had much interest in Shakespeare other than a few mentions of reading A Winter's Tale etc.

Also off topic, just wanted to share that I have managed to get my highest ever grade in my masters course work yesterday of 76%. It's not the most brilliant I reckon, but I wanted to write about it, as I got it when working full-time hours at work and adulting, as well as being dyslexic, and I thought that It would annoy Ruby if she reads here. I want to thank everyone on Tattle for the laughs as I was working. I don't know if I should mention tattle in my dissertation for providing me some comedy and joy in this period of my life!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 37
I think that she is going to have a problem in Oxford as she is not going to have a Blakney or use her regular techniques to get good grades. I think that her knowledge of the time period is limited and she can't exactly do a Notion timeline of the events in history. There is going to be the expectation of her having more independent thought instead of just relying on the critical readings all the time. I use them to help them build up my thoughts, especially as I was working on something rather original in what I was writing about. She could be reading a bit more Shakespeare and other literature form the period at least too build up her knowledge. She would have been better off with the Victorian course than this one, as she hasn't had much interest in Shakespeare other than a few mentions of reading A Winter's Tale etc.

Also off topic, just wanted to share that I have managed to get my highest ever grade in my masters course work yesterday of 76%. It's not the most brilliant I reckon, but I wanted to write about it, as I got it when working full-time hours at work and adulting, as well as being dyslexic, and I thought that It would annoy Ruby if she reads here. I want to thank everyone on Tattle for the laughs as I was working. I don't know if I should mention tattle in my dissertation for providing me some comedy and joy in this period of my life!
Well done @Redrose97!! I agree, I wouldn't have made it through my studies and the pandemic in the same way without the daily laughs on Tattle. It has really been a good way to think about something else.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
She didn't think Son de Flor would want her to iron or steam the dress that they '#gifted' her. Its such a costly dress too. She doesn't take proper care of anything, especially things she gets for free. Ugh. She's so grotty.

View attachment 2065113
To be fair it is a linen dress which crease by the mere sight of a chair. Not that this one will ever see or have seen a iron though.

Reactions: 10
She might have got into the Victorian course if she’d tried, I just don’t understand why she’s picked this one. She’s never shown any interest in the 1550s at all? Just so random

Reactions: 12
She might have got into the Victorian course if she’d tried, I just don’t understand why she’s picked this one. She’s never shown any interest in the 1550s at all? Just so random
I/we think she tried for that one last year and got rejected

Reactions: 22
Apart from her brief interest in boy actors in Shakespeare's plays, which she debated as a possible BA thesis topic. The other two topics were Emily Dickinson and Carroll (the topic she went with in the end).

Reactions: 6
Wild theory: what if Blakeney is going too? 😂 She took the same Early Modern modules as Ruby did.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Wild theory: what if Blakeney is going too? 😂 She took the same Early Modern modules as Ruby did.
Not too wild of a theory if you consider she has a Pinterest board with Oxford colleges (I pointed this out earlier in the thread).

Has she taken a gap year too? Her Linkedin profile says she's doing this:
1680182432289.png

This might be a temporary job, and she'll do a Master's now?

• Wow
Reactions: 11
I'm just watching one of Ruby's 'assumptions' videos on YouTube for the first time and I can't help but laugh at her answers to some of them. One of the assumptions was 'you never had a grumpy teenage phase' and she responds by saying that she had her teenage phase when she was 9 or 10, suggesting that she was just so developmentally far ahead of other children that she had it early. She goes on to say that she found primary school quite boring because it was never challenging enough for her. She really thought she was a child prodigy :ROFLMAO:
---

Also omg, please listen to the way she says 'I don't know' at 09:20

There is no way that is her real accent :LOL::LOL: I just replayed it about 10 times for the entertainment

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 35
I'm just watching one of Ruby's 'assumptions' videos on YouTube for the first time and I can't help but laugh at her answers to some of them. One of the assumptions was 'you never had a grumpy teenage phase' and she responds by saying that she had her teenage phase when she was 9 or 10, suggesting that she was just so developmentally far ahead of other children that she had it early. She goes on to say that she found primary school quite boring because it was never challenging enough for her. She really thought she was a child prodigy :ROFLMAO:
Don't forget the time she claimed she got her first detention when she was 3.

She's living in a world of laughable fantasy.

(This is also almost exactly the same thumbnail face she's pulling in her Oxford acceptance video:

sddefault (1).jpg
)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
Not too wild of a theory if you consider she has a Pinterest board with Oxford colleges (I pointed this out earlier in the thread).

Has she taken a gap year too? Her Linkedin profile says she's doing this:
View attachment 2066398
This might be a temporary job, and she'll do a Master's now?
I think she just hasn't updated her LinkedIn profile. She may not be active there

Reactions: 5

The fact that she's still so extremely embarassed by a minor naughty thing she claims she did at 3 seems so weird to me. I did so much "worse" naughty stuff during childhood and always just think of these stories as funny anecdotes. Also wtf is this claim that she contributed to the teacher getting fired? Cant really imagine that as nothing really happened?
Lmao at my primary school there were frequent scuffles between kids that ended with minor injuries and it wasnt such a drama. I also remember police picking up a boy from my class bc he stole video games during breaktime at a nearby store. But maybe that was just my working class school xD

• Haha
Reactions: 13

(This is also almost exactly the same thumbnail face she's pulling in her Oxford acceptance video:

View attachment 2066444)
She looks like a school girl in the second thumbnail, in the pics of her near the Bodleian, and that door. I think it's the way she stands for photos, the black tights and shoes make her look like she is posing for her first day of school.

• Sick
Reactions: 6
She looks like a school girl in the second thumbnail, in the pics of her near the Bodleian, and that door. I think it's the way she stands for photos, the black tights and shoes make her look like she is posing for her first day of school.
Also the picture on the left has some weird fish-eye distortion going on. I guess this was by design, to make her legs and body look a lot longer. Just looks really weird though, her head is half the size of her feet in this one..

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.