Ruby Granger #33 Goes on a boat, dresses like Captain Birdseye

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Bella definitely looks bored to death. She had a picture on her Instagram of her and Ruby together when they first met up in Boston, but she has already taken it down. She has her own style that she wants her page to look like and Ruby doesn't fit the vibe. I would imagine spending the weekend with Ruby can be very wearing to anyone, especially someone who is not used to her childish ways, her ED, her self-centered personality and needfulness. Bella is far more independent and also comes from a wealthy family, but she doesn't flaunt it. She is pretty low key when it comes to doing social media and I think is more busy with school and actually living a normal life.

Reactions: 14
That's the first thing I noticed as well. It's literally almost halfway through her head. It's really bad.
ED trigger warning

Why is it receding so dramatically? She’s slim, but she’s not that thin? 😐

Reactions: 2
In what way are rocks "best enjoyed on warm afternoons"?
I'm picturing someone hopping over boiling hot rocks. :ROFLMAO:

ED trigger warning

It might not be ED-related at all. There's a condition called 'traction alopoecia' which is where hair loss is triggered by certain hairstyles that pull on the hair. For example, if someone ties their hair back in a tight bun and they do this most days, over time it can develop into a problem. I'm not 100% sure on this, so correct me if any of this info is wrong. Hair loss can also be caused by stress or nutrient deficiencies. ED spoiler: deficiencies don't always signal an ED. Ruby's diet seems to be lacking vegetables. She always posts desserts, porridge or snack bars, but rarely shows herself eating a full meal containing veg & carbohydrate. If this is an accurate reflection of her diet then it's not surprising she's lacking vitamins.

Reactions: 5
Bella is definitely not impressed with Ruby is she. The fact that look so awkward around each other tells me that they are not comfortable within each others presence and that them meeting up has not gone in the way that they hoped for especially on Bella's part as she can't even smile in this picture either whereas Ruby is happy to have finally met her, I just hope that it was nerves on there part and that once they got talking they felt more comfortable and natural within each others presence.
View attachment 1728740
In fairness, Bella has been pretty open about not being neurotypical, which perhaps comes across as being awkward.

But since I like to project, I imagine she’s equal parts disappointed and captivated by the trainwreck.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
She keeps ignoring questions asking her how she got the opportunity. If she really wanted to spread knowledge about Emily Dickinson, wouldn't it be better to share ways that people can do similar volunteer work for the museum or other museums? People studying English or marketing it could definitely benefit from learning how to contact and work with these places.
She won't elaborate any further because it'd make it crystal clear that she only got the opportunity because of her YouTube following and not because she's HOIYLEE ANTALLIJANT or AMMILY DICKENSUN'S BIGGEST FAN.

The museum's website has a volunteer page with information how to sign up, but nobody else is going to get an opportunity to hang around for a week getting free tours for doing almost nothing (and screwing up what little she did) unless they have a few hundred thousand followers.

There's a million ways she could've done this better. She should've paid for everything herself and put a clear declaration that she was given full access to the museum during her time there for the purposes of showing everything the museum offers. No confusion, no need for lies, dubious excuses and backtracking stories that don't add up.

She should've made the actual staff and tour guides the focus of the videos. Showcase how informed they are. People want to hear knowledgeable people talk about subjects they're invested in, not a braindead robot playing make-believe dress-up games struggling to string together a coherent sentence.

Use each social media platform to suit their respective strengths. Short, fun facts about Emily Dickinson, her place in modern culture and the museum that's likely to be interesting to a wider audience on TikTok, aesthetic photos of the grounds and buildings on Instagram, longer documentary-style content on YouTube.

Have the museum's gardener do a tour and discussion about the house's grounds and their history, have another member of the staff give a tour of Emily's room, another of the main house, etc. Have them film a day in the life of a museum employee there. Have the staff present a beginner's guide to Emily Dickinson video. Film a POV virtual walking tour of the grounds, similar to the virtual tourism videos that people like Rambalac make on YouTube. Have the staff film one every season to capture what it's like to be their in autumn or in winter when it snows. Clearly highlight in content what the place offers, when it's open and what it costs.

On her own channel, she should've focused exclusively on actual, candid vlogs showcasing her time there and showed her actual day without the glaring omissions and performative fakery. She could've talked about what she finds interesting about Emily's work to the point where she claims she's her favourite writer. She could've shown her time with the staff, getting to know them and the museum. It would've further shown off the museum and the staff's knowledge, skills and hospitality, while interacting with other people would make Ruby seem less like a soulless robot.

But as with everything she does, she couldn't be bothered putting in any thought or effort and treated this like a vanity trip to boost her ego, then lied about it all. On her own channel, she's featured 2 videos about her time at the museum and they're both worthless. There's no information offered and they're full of her usual incompetence. "AMMILY DICKINSUN occasionally left her room and interacted with other people in the house" is the sum total of knowledge offered. She does not explain who any of the people she mentions in relation to Emily are. She never mentions what she finds important or interesting about Emily's writing, leaving the distinct impression that she has no interest at all.

None of the staff are allowed to speak in her videos, because Ruby can't abide having other people look smarter than her. 8 of the 9 TikToks on the museum's own channel feature Ruby trying to be the centre of attention and butchering Emily Dickinson's poetry with her fake accent and GCSE drama performances.

She doesn't care about "AMMILY DICKINSUN" or about boosting visibility of the museum. She just wanted free tit and to plaster her face all over the museum's social media for attention and to try to legitimise her fake "oiy'm a bockwarm and a wroytah!" persona. Now she'll embellish this vanity ad campaign like she does all the others and try to paint it as a major accomplishment when all she did was make herself look stupid and the museum look bad.

Reactions: 23
As someone who doesn’t know much about literature or Dickinson’s life… after watching Ruby’s museum dePACLE I can honestly say I’ve learnt more from this thread than I have from Roobina 💀 As u guys mentioned, it would’ve been better to hear from the actual museum staff instead of watching her awkwardly pace around and recite poetry -_-

Reactions: 17
ED trigger warning

It might also be bad luck. Afaik hair loss has a genetic component. Maybe she's predisposed to thinning hair on top of her awful diet.
And Ruby's treatment of her hair can't be helping either. We've all seen her try to rip her hair off when she brushes it, and other than that she pretty much ignores it.

Reactions: 5
Untitle7478956756456450898]d.png

Ahh, the old "I'd love to tell you all about it, but it's a secret" response.

thats-super-convincing-millicent.gif

She could not be more blatant about how fake her interests are.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
I don't think that we can tell with certainty from Ruby's photo that Bella regrets having met her and feels annoyed. So many people look awkward on photos just because they know they're being photographed and it will be posted afterwards. Bella must have spoken to Ruby before in some virtual call which must have given her an idea of how she is. Maybe Ruby's huge following makes her forget about Ruby's personality. She is an influencer herself, so getting along as well as possible with Ruby certainly has its pros.

Reactions: 8
I don't think that we can tell with certainty from Ruby's photo that Bella regrets having met her and feels annoyed. So many people look awkward on photos just because they know they're being photographed and it will be posted afterwards. Bella must have spoken to Ruby before in some virtual call which must have given her an idea of how she is. Maybe Ruby's huge following makes her forget about Ruby's personality. She is an influencer herself, so getting along as well as possible with Ruby certainly has its pros.
Haven’t these two known eachother for years anyway?

Reactions: 1
It's disconcerting that complete strangers have better ideas for a social media strategy than Ruby.
If Ruby had said she was going to travel the world for a year and do free internships somewhere, that would have been okay. Many people can't do that because they don't have the money.
I don't know what I find more shocking either. The way or that you can clearly see that she has no idea what a social media strategy can look like.

I think the hair loss is certainly liked to her eating issues. Her hair loss started with her weight loss. She used to have a full head of hair, including a fringe, that sat much further front of her skull.

Bella looks like Martha but normal without make up and the grungy outfits

Screenshot 2022-11-14 at 17.45.32.png

some people do much more in one single day and have to care for others as well. nobody tells them how inspiring and amazing that is.
I know being an "influencer" or Youtuber is considered a job and editing videos is not something you do in just a few minutes. One of the reasons why I never could be a (good) Youtuber is that I don't like video editing. I even mostly don't edit my photographs and do only some minor light or contrast edits. But to edit a video? I would be as sloppy as Ruby. Some (big) Youtubers pay others to edit their videos and that's totally fine. I'm sure Ruby could outsource the editing, too.

• Sick
Reactions: 11
Sorry if this has been posted but I found it interesting, I think it shows she doesn’t really know what’s happening, anyone could say “wow that’s awful what happened” it’s hardly offering a keen political insight
I know this thread has probably moved on but I'd be shocked if Ruby has ever bothered to vote in a general election....

Reactions: 7
View attachment 1730370
some people do much more in one single day and have to care for others as well. nobody tells them how inspiring and amazing that is.
I know being an "influencer" or Youtuber is considered a job and editing videos is not something you do in just a few minutes. One of the reasons why I never could be a (good) Youtuber is that I don't like video editing. I even mostly don't edit my photographs and do only some minor light or contrast edits. But to edit a video? I would be as sloppy as Ruby. Some (big) Youtubers pay others to edit their videos and that's totally fine. I'm sure Ruby could outsource the editing, too.
Why is this person so easily impressed? 😭 Ruby has enough time to travel because she has no work or other commitments. Her TikTok videos are about 30 seconds long so I can't imagine they're very time consuming to produce. And since when has reading been a sign of an inspiring work ethic? Most people can find time for this.

Reactions: 14
I am totally baffled by this latest video, who is it for?? If you've lived your life as an introvert you're pretty aware of the things you like to do, surely. You don't go looking for ideas online.

oh lord tip no. 2 has me gobsmacked

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.