Ruby Granger #33 Goes on a boat, dresses like Captain Birdseye

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah I thought about this too. The US embassy website seems to make it pretty clear though:

If you wish to work in the United States for a temporary period you will require a nonimmigrant work visa. It is not possible to work on a visitor or business visa, or under the Visa Waiver Program (VWP).​
Unlike some countries, the United States government does not issue work visas for casual employment. In general, work visas are based on a specific offer of employment. In most cases, a petition must be filed and approved by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) before applying for the visa at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate.​
Edited to add: She doesn't appear to meet any of the criteria for a petition-based visa either.
Yeah, tbh it’s what I’d have expected really, US seems pretty tight on that sort of stuff. She’s playing a dangerous game really, she could end up getting banned from entering the US when she leaves 😬.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
I could be wrong, but I think you're allowed to do volunteer work on a standard visa as long as they're not being paid for their services (other than general expenses like a lunch allowance, etc.). As far as immigration are concerned, Ruby getting a free tour of the museum while volunteering there won't be considered payment, and I don't believe they'll have paid her in cash, just given her free tours and sessions.
I'm not suggesting that they have given her cash, but remuneration doesn't have to be cash under immigration law (in the UK at least).

I'd lose my tit if Ruby was banned from entering the US again because she thought being kind is a good substitute to actually understanding and explaining the clear framework of her agreement with the museum 😂

I doubt something will come of it tbh, maybe that's why she's being so shady with the AD declaration but lying about business practices should be standard issue for tax evaders so her Tory arse is definitely not falling far from the tree.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I'm not suggesting that they have given her cash, but remuneration doesn't have to be cash under immigration law (in the UK at least).
True, and she's also likely screwing herself over by posting museum-related content on her own channel, since she's now earning ad revenue for volunteer work.

Reactions: 12
What. Does This. Even. Mean.
She totally did not know what lucratively meant (which is ironic considering she doesn't move a finger unless it's lucrative in some way), thought it was a synonym for lavish or luxurious, and then scrambled to find a meaning that sort of related to the actual meaning of the word lucrative (even though lucrative doesn't mean expensive either lol) to make it seem like she does know what it means, the viewers just didn't understand what she meant.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
"I don't want this to turn into a negative space" = I don't want people to keep questioning me bc this is actually an AD but the museum and I did something shady to not have to report it as an AD and I didn't think that people would question me or find it suspicious. This whole thing is so sus.

One of you mentioned earlier that she did all this to add to her resume as an unpaid internship and make it look impressive and I'm believing it now. It looks better if this falls outside of her influencer life and aligns more with her "academic" side. If she ever wants to apply to graduate school, this will look really good and not just as another "sponsorship." So she came up with a way that this wouldn't have to qualify as an AD.
Honestly I am so curious to see if she goes to get her masters and where, although I guess if she doesn't get in we will never know! I don't think a two week volunteer thing with a museum would be that impressive to top programmes though, especially for someone doing a gap yah, who could be having a full time internship/job related to her studies. A 2 week volunteer thing is what I did in high school for 'work experience' required by my school :')

Honestly I am so curious to see if she goes to get her masters and where, although I guess if she doesn't get in we will never know! I don't think a two week volunteer thing with a museum would be that impressive to top programmes though, especially for someone doing a gap yah, who could be having a full time internship/job related to her studies. A 2 week volunteer thing is what I did in high school for 'work experience' required by my school :')
It’s not impressive at all tbh, there’s no way she can play this off as anything other than ‘rich influencer paid a load of money to go to the US and do a collab with a museum’.
And yeah, as you say, it’s much more impressive to have been actually grafting. If I was her and looking to get into something academic, I’d be worried about the state of my cv right now tbh.

Reactions: 5
She totally did not know what lucratively meant (which is ironic considering she doesn't move a finger unless it's lucrative in some way), thought it was a synonym for lavish or luxurious, and then scrambled to find a meaning that sort of related to the actual meaning of the word lucrative (even though lucrative doesn't mean expensive either lol) to make it seem like she does know what it means, the viewers just didn't understand what she meant.
Doubling down when wrong is one of Ruby's most unlikeable traits/habits yet it's so easy to just say "whoops, sorry, my mistake!". Life is a lot easier when you learn to acknowledge and address your own flaws and fallibility.

• Heart
Ruby clearly thinks that just by offering to volunteer, she's done something "SYO KOIND" that she deserves lots of things for free in return by showing what a nice girl she is! Pretending to be selfless isn't a sneaky way to get rewards of things you just don't want to pay for, Ruby. She has no idea what actual volunteering looks like.
I'd love to see a video of Ruby weeding the garden. 😂

• Haha
I'd love to see a video of Ruby weeding the garden. 😂
Remember how she "planted a garden" in the summer of 2021 as a "cottagecore activity"? It was never shown again, and safe to say she forgot about it as soon as she turned the camera off. In a later video, she went to pick a courgette for her gross porridge but "didn't know where they were kept." She made it sound as if they were tied up or fenced in.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
She's had repercussion after repercussion following her charity stunt and she's still pulling tricks and jumping through hoops instead of being honest and open about why she's there and how she was offered this opportunity. What a liar.
I'm no expert about the US visa regulations so I might be wrong, but as far as I know you are forbidden to do any kind of work in the US if you only have a tourist visum. That might be part of the reason why she isn't honest. On the other hand, since she added "AD" in the thumbnail, I think she doesn't really think about potential legal problems. Which is even worse: She isn't just dishonest, but also careless.

EDIT: I added this before having read the whole thread to the end, sorry if I'm repeating something.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Remember how she "planted a garden" in the summer of 2021 as a "cottagecore activity"? It was never shown again, and safe to say she forgot about it as soon as she turned the camera off. In a later video, she went to pick a courgette for her gross porridge but "didn't know where they were kept." She made it sound as if they were tied up or fenced in.
Don't forget her gardening adventures in Italy, where she harvested cucumber fragments from rocky coves on a warm afternoon, or whatever insanity she was babbling about.

D5151DD8-8977-4436-9F08-4A898AC472DE.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
courgette for porridge? I had to look up "courgette" in case I mistranslated it in my head. but ... no. I know that there are cakes with courgette, but courgette in porridge?! that sounds disgusting!

does ruby now what a courgette is? i mean. she can't even pronounce one word right. maybe she mean with courgette cherry?

Reactions: 2
Don't forget her gardening adventures in Italy, where she harvested cucumber fragments from rocky coves on a warm afternoon, or whatever insanity she was babbling about.

View attachment 1727262
"Tell me, how the rocks in this cove are similar and cucumbers?"

~Ruby Granger, English Literature graduate and aspiring writer speaking her own native language

• Haha
Reactions: 24
She's probably using this 'work' / 'internship' at the museum to put something on her CV that is related to her degree in order to give herself better chances when she applies for an MA.
I can totally see she went there as a tourist but works/volunteers/interns on that visa. Given that she hasn't travelled much, I'm not surprised if she's idiotically ignorant that it's not allowed.
When she applies for the MA, she's going to make it sound more official for sure (internship, work) while she plays it down now for Youtube. She just adapts it to the audience.

Reactions: 9
"Tell me, how the rocks in this cove are similar and cucumbers?"

~Ruby Granger, English Literature graduate and aspiring writer speaking her own native language

Again. I am not a Native Speaker. 90% of my time I don't know what she is talking about

Ooh I never saw that video.

''Didn't know where they were kept.'' 😂 Clearly they're kept in coves along with all of the warm rocks. No wonder she couldn't find one.

courgette for porridge? I had to look up "courgette" in case I mistranslated it in my head. but ... no. I know that there are cakes with courgette, but courgette in porridge?! that sounds disgusting!
Remember we're talking about Little Miss Pea Porridge. No ingredient is surprising to me.

• Haha
She's probably using this 'work' / 'internship' at the museum to put something on her CV that is related to her degree in order to give herself better chances when she applies for an MA.
I can totally see she went there as a tourist but works/volunteers/interns on that visa. Given that she hasn't travelled much, I'm not surprised if she's idiotically ignorant that it's not allowed.
When she applies for the MA, she's going to make it sound more official for sure (internship, work) while she plays it down now for Youtube. She just adapts it to the audience.
I've speculated that this work opportunity with the museum and/or other collaborations in the area was the main reason why she travelled to America. As in, she got the opportunity to work with the Emily Dickinson museum, but she had to physically travel there to do it, and she planned the holiday around that. A three week holiday in Boston on her own is too out of character for her to not be caused by an external factor like a work opportunity

Reactions: 10
I've speculated that this work opportunity with the museum and/or other collaborations in the area was the main reason why she travelled to America. As in, she got the opportunity to work with the Emily Dickinson museum, but she had to physically travel there to do it, and she planned the holiday around that. A three week holiday in Boston on her own is too out of character for her to not be caused by an external factor like a work opportunity
This seems the most likely explanation for her trip, though she could have applied for volunteer roles in the UK. Unless it absolutely had to be Emily Dickinson for some reason.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.