Ruby Granger #33 Goes on a boat, dresses like Captain Birdseye

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
And since when has reading been a sign of an inspiring work ethic? Most people can find time for this.
Exactly. I read a few pages of Rachel Cusk's Second Place this morning on the toilet with a cigarette. Where's my Pride of Britain award? I guess that's not aesthetic enough BookTube. I'm sorry I couldn't read it in-between classes at Hogwarts School of Lemony Children.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I am totally baffled by this latest video, who is it for?? If you've lived your life as an introvert you're pretty aware of the things you like to do, surely. You don't go looking for ideas online.

oh lord tip no. 2 has me gobsmacked
It’s basically just ”things to do alone if you’re so lacking in imagination that staring at a wall is the only thing you can come up with on your own.” The whole video has such a ”bored rich girl” vibe to it, like she thinks she’s doing the world a favour by coming up with busywork ideas to save the idle rich from the screaming void that is the next 6 decades of their lives stretching out in front of them.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
It’s basically just ”things to do alone if you’re so lacking in imagination that staring at a wall is the only thing you can come up with on your own.” The whole video has such a ”bored rich girl” vibe to it, like she thinks she’s doing the world a favour by coming up with busywork ideas to save the idle rich from the screaming void that is the next 6 decades of their lives stretching out in front of them.
"Things to do as a NEET instead of finding some way of contributing to society"

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Exactly. I read a few pages of Rachel Cusk's Second Place this morning on the toilet with a cigarette. Where's my Pride of Britain award? I guess that's not aesthetic enough BookTube. I'm sorry I couldn't read it in-between classes at Hogwarts School of Lemony Children.
you deserve a medal!! 🏅here it is! I always watch Youtube on the toilet:ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I was thinking today, how is Ruby going to handle being crammed in her little bedroom, all by herself, seeing the same view as she always did, after her trip to the US, and all the other trips she took over the summer? For most people, they grow up, grow more tolerant, learn more about religions, arts, culture as a whole, come out of these kind of experiences more mature, well-rounded, maybe even learn a new language and brush up their skills. How was this all going to change her? In no way at all. Sees Introvert video....let's play dress up and be a character! omg Ruby. You are such a delusional woman, you are so screwed up! Get a grip on things!

Reactions: 2
The second tip... I cannot. It's the way she wrote it down in her notebook. I used to do stuff like that when I was in primary school and came up with complicated play pretends with my friends... Not now in my 20s... Lord

Reactions: 9
Okay this latest video is beyond weird.. She makes completly normal activities like "reading", "watching a movie" "cooking" and "baking" seem like she invented them. Anything to make her life feel special and purposeful I guess. But then this thing about pretending to be another person.. Is just concerning?? Like Ruby, you could have more purpose and excitement in your life if you just DID anything with it.

This video seems to be exclusively for people who have absolutly nothing to do in their lifes..

Reactions: 18
Is one of her tips literally LARPing as your OC in public? What the hell is going on

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Is one of her tips literally LARPing as your OC in public? What the hell is going on
My OC is an unhinged grandma who goes to the cosmetics section in the department store and tries on ALL the products. Any shop staff that come near me, I will just flap my wings arms and hoot like an owl until they back off.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
It's so incredibly sad and embarrassing to hear. Literally I'm getting second hand embarrassment just hearing it.
I just want to shake her by the shoulders and tell her "For God's sake Ruby, you're an able-bodied adult woman with plenty of money at your disposal, go out there and do something meaningful with your life instead of pretending to be someone else".
Not to be an armchair psychologist but this obsession with playing pretend and putting on a persona is very sad and worrying imo. It's like she's terrified of showing people the person she truly is underneath all the affectations.

Okay this latest video is beyond weird.. She makes completly normal activities like "reading", "watching a movie" "cooking" and "baking" seem like she invented them. Anything to make her life feel special and purposeful I guess. But then this thing about pretending to be another person.. Is just concerning?? Like Ruby, you could have more purpose and excitement in your life if you just DID anything with it.

This video seems to be exclusively for people who have absolutly nothing to do in their lifes..
It's one thing to create fictional characters as a writing exercise and write little descriptions of them and their backstory in a notebook. That's fairly common among aspiring writers and people who write fanfiction or draw etc.
But to dress up as them and go out and pretend to be them in public, while interacting with other people?? That's a step too far

Reactions: 15
Many of the ideas in the new video really sound like surface level coping strategies for crippling anxiety. Not very healthy.

Reactions: 20
Ruby wants us to harass a bunch of dead people. Bonus points if they're Victorian - the best kind of dead person. She's also ruining my enjoyment of Philomena Cunk. Sad video.

ETA: the 'I research dead people' segment is even funnier when you remember this is advice for introverts. Are all of those pesky living humans getting too much for you? Find some dead humans to hang out with instead!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Again this idea is beyond stupid: Things you can do when you don't want to see any people.
Well this is kinda the definition of an introvert and me being introvert had never any problems to find something to kill my free time.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
Sorry I refuse to believe Ruby has a sense of humour or even understands what comedy is.

I've never seen Cunk On... (I don't think it's available in the US yet) but Ruby's description of the series sounds almost identical to Ruby's own shtick. And Google provided me with this summary: "Diane Morgan stars as Philomena Cunk, who knows absolutely nothing about anything, but that does not stop her from attempting to present a ground-breaking documentary about it."

I mean...this is the essence of the Ruby show isn't it?

• Haha
Reactions: 22
My OC is an unhinged grandma who goes to the cosmetics section in the department store and tries on ALL the products. Any shop staff that come near me, I will just flap my wings arms and hoot like an owl until they back off.
My OC is the mental health professional who comes to evaluate the unhinged grandma in the cosmetics section. Spoiler alert: she sees the flapping and hooting and joins in because life is stressful.

It's giving me this vibe:

View attachment 1731372
What, you mean not everyone does this?! 😝

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Admittedly feeling a bit worried about my hobby of going to graveyards and looking at the stones and researching them as a little local history project especially the older stones and things such as the carvings, hoping that I'm not considered weird or bothering the dead like ruby 😅

• Haha
I come back from a gig by myself only to see that Ruby has uploaded a things to do by yourself guide for introverts...she's after me

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.