Ruby Granger #33 Goes on a boat, dresses like Captain Birdseye

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ruby: "By romanticizing my life, I mean appreciating everything that happens and trying to be very present and grateful everything because there's always something to be found. There's always something beautiful if you look for it. Being attentive to those things can help us just being happier, I think."
This is so sad. Overfocusing on the smallest things means you have nothing BIGGER going on in your life that gives your life any deeper meaning. I think once you start feeling more fulfilled, you actually don't care this much about like the falling leaves or the clouds anymore. It might still be beautiful and what not, but it's not all you can think of.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Ruby calling J. R. R. Tolkien J. R. Tolkien and then saying he studied at Cambridge when he studied at Oxford...you have your iMac right there with notes on your poem recommendations but couldn't even get that right 😭 the disrespect
her lord of the rings phase commencing in 3…2…

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Just had a wee look at the comments section of her new video. A few critical ones which of course immediately got all her rabid fans to come out in her defence.
Some of them are far past the point of seeing the obvious.

One of her fans is painting criticism as slander and demanding receipts for her taking money from charities. She literally told her followers she did it.

767E973C-772A-4CEA-A164-70B5F68EEBD6.png

That was in January 2021.

As late as January 2022, she was still trying to maintain the wildly unbelievable lie that she was working with the HMD Trust to build memorials in "underfunded state schools", despite zero evidence of this or any interaction with the HMD Trust ever being shown:

image.png

(From her lies-and-stupidity-filled '15 Student Habits for 2022' video, recapped here:
)

And then a few days later, after a year of criticism, knowing that she was going to be posting more Holocaust Memorial Day content for HMD 2022, she posted a bunch of stories in which she claimed to have "retrospectively realised" that she shouldn't have taken the money (i.e., after a year of lies and dodgy excuses to try desperately to avoid just giving the money back, she realised that the criticism was never going away and would only get worse on HMD 2022).

767CAA6A-42C3-480F-992A-3A918B33B0C3.jpeg

Taking her at her word, she took the money, kept it for a year, wasted a year of the HMD Trust's time and resources on her vanity project with nothing to show for it, then bailed and only gave them back their initial money, not really accounting for all that wasted time and labour. If she was funding the project with the charity money she took to "reinvest", then how was it all still there to "give back" after a year of supposed work?

But obviously, she avoided mentioning any of the logistics and specifics because there never was a memorial project. It was a laughable lie that she tossed together because she thought it'd allow her to keep the money, look selfless and stop any criticism. Ruby later claimed that she's given the money back almost immediately, contradicting all her other dubious excuses and stories.

There's a reason she only addresses criticism like this in stories that'll vanish after 24 hours - she knows exactly what she's doing, and hopes the internet has a short memory, and having permanent posts would make it harder for her to conveniently rewrite history and gloss over her past transgressions.

But speaking of receipts though, we've still had zero proof that any money was ever returned, and we're still waiting on an update on those memorials that Ruby swore she'd be self-funding after graduation... Prove me wrong, Ruby.

Last edited:
Reactions: 19
I'm reading the comments on her latest video because they are better than her videos and more entertaining. I found this comment and the replies to it. The part I underlined is what makes me angry. "It's always been this way." Meaning that there are always people who are poor, who cannot afford essential things like food, heating and a beautiful home. So this person is basically saying that it's okay, that we cannot change it, that there is no need to address it. But even with Ruby's disclaimer (which I skipped like .. the rest of the video). you can't just discard that topic. People should talk about the gap between poor and rich. It's not something we should just shrug of like this person with my red underlining is doing.
If it's always been that way that there are poor people and rich people – maybe people who say things like this should think why that is and not just leave comments like this.

Screenshot 2022-10-30 at 11.47.08.png

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I'm reading the comments on her latest video because they are better than her videos and more entertaining. I found this comment and the replies to it. The part I underlined is what makes me angry. "It's always been this way." Meaning that there are always people who are poor, who cannot afford essential things like food, heating and a beautiful home. So this person is basically saying that it's okay, that we cannot change it, that there is no need to address it. But even with Ruby's disclaimer (which I skipped like .. the rest of the video). you can't just discard that topic. People should talk about the gap between poor and rich. It's not something we should just shrug of like this person with my red underlining is doing.
If it's always been that way that there are poor people and rich people – maybe people who say things like this should think why that is and not just leave comments like this.

View attachment 1690145
Her fans are so bleeping toxic. There was someone else in the comments saying she should just thank god for having made her rich and ignore the haters. (Heavily paraphrased lol, let me see if I can find the comment.)

edit: lol it was the same person πŸ˜‚ Stay toxic, Yesica πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

B18C1522-3BD9-4FD6-81C2-91E1797B76FA.jpeg

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 21

View attachment 1690145
I am tempted to start saying β€˜be gone with your filth’ to anything I disagree with though …

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
I am tempted to start saying β€˜be gone with your filth’ to anything I disagree with though …
I just love the irony of people bringing up the topic of filth when trying to defend Ruby, who lives in a perpetual state of mess, grime and squalor.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
It's actually very fitting for Ruby and her dusty home.

I just love the irony of people bringing up the topic of filth when trying to defend Ruby, who lives in a perpetual state of mess, grime and squalor.
Haha snap.

"It's always been this way."
And inequality is increasing, so it's not fair to say things have 'always been this way'.

Reactions: 8
Her fans are so bleeping toxic. There was someone else in the comments saying she should just thank god for having made her rich and ignore the haters. (Heavily paraphrased lol, let me see if I can find the comment.)

View attachment 1690177
"If thou has been bestowed with an abundance of wealth, thou must die before parting with a single piece of silver to help your fellow man. duck you, got mine." - John 12:17.

• Haha
Reactions: 18

View attachment 1690177
so God blesses some people with money and doesn't care for the ones having nothing? that sounds a bit unfair of him. Shouldn't he bless the poor with money?
and if every good and perfect gift comes from above, where does poverty come from? from hell?

Reactions: 10

View attachment 1690177
if they want to play this game the bible also says
β€œTruly I tell you, it is hard for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of heaven" Matthew 19:23
Ruby does hoard her wealth if all I'm saying

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Do we think she's in Boston for something to do with Harvard? It would slot in nicely with her sudden Gilmore Girls gusto considering it's Rory's dream to go there.

Reactions: 7
Not sure, I think even Ruby knows somewhere like Harvard would be a reach; she'd have lots of hoops to jump through as an international grad, and I don't think she could tolerate an ocean between her and her parents.

Reactions: 12
Do we think she's in Boston for something to do with Harvard? It would slot in nicely with her sudden Gilmore Girls gusto considering it's Rory's dream to go there.
I wondered about this. Boston did seem like a random choice for a solo trip. If Ruby was rejected by Oxford, I can imagine her switching allegiance to Harvard. :p I think Harvard's outside of Boston, though?

Not sure, I think even Ruby knows somewhere like Harvard would be a reach; she'd have lots of hoops to jump through as an international grad, and I don't think she could tolerate an ocean between her and her parents.
Actually that's a solid point. If her mental health isn't good, it wouldn't make sense to travel so far away from home, especially when she struggled with Exeter.

so God blesses some people with money and doesn't care for the ones having nothing? that sounds a bit unfair of him. Shouldn't he bless the poor with money?
and if every good and perfect gift comes from above, where does poverty come from? from hell?
Yesica1993 is assuming that gift just means money, it doesn't and wouldn't have meant that to most people reading it over the centuries. I would interpret it as meaning that everything good in your life right now, e.g. your health, is a blessing and to not turn away from God when times get tough. But then I'm not wealthy so I would perhaps read it differently to someone who tells others they are filth!

Ruby has some odd fans. But comments like that do show that this romanticism of autumn/life is just materialism. I hadn't really understood it until others explained it earlier in the thread.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
This is true, I was wondering in a general sense whether she has some notion (or Nyotion #notanad) to sort of float about as if she is one for #inspiration or something like that.
I wondered about this. Boston did seem like a random choice for a solo trip. If Ruby was rejected by Oxford, I can imagine her switching allegiance to Harvard. :p I think Harvard's outside of Boston, though?
It is! I don't think it's too far though, and saying 'Boston' rather than Harvard (/Cambridge, MA) might be Ruby's way of vaguing out of it. I don't think she's there for an interview or anything and I would be surprised (and possibly impressed) if she was considering moving so far away for a postgrad but I could also see her going to scout it out and see how she gets on over there before considering applying, maybe.

View attachment 1690177
Yeah typical bible bashing bootlicker, people with this mind set are honestly so cringe

Reactions: 5

View attachment 1690177
The irony of quoting the Bible to defend the rich when Jesus literally straight up said that rich people should give everything they have to the poor to have a chance to go to heaven

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.