Ruby Granger #32 Butter Booty from Burden Blend

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It never ceases to amaze me just how dull Ruby manages to make these amazing places look. She's trekked to Paris, Italy and Edinburgh over the past few months and yet her life still looks hopelessly boring and bleak.

Ruby has zero genuine interest in reading or literature. She spend the entirety of her English Lit degree doing everything possible to avoid having to read anything, whether getting Blakeney to summarise things or reading Sparknotes instead of the text. She reads almost nothing for personal enjoyment and just lies about it. So what enjoyment is she getting out of making this whole trip all about her fake literary persona?
Amazing recap as always. Scotland is amazing but Ruby failed to capture the mood as always and made the most boring vlog. She claims to read even whilst brushing her teeth or walking in the fields and she is an Eng Lit graduate, yet she cannot even pronounce Goethe right. I’ve never met anyone who could not pronounce Goethe right and I lived in several different countries and met too many people who are not interested in literature. It literally takes 2 seconds to find out how to pronounce it right, but I think if you have a literature degree and claim to be a bookworm and create a fake literary persona, you have to know Goethe, you have to have read Goethe. You shouldn’t need to google the right pronunciation, he’s that big. It’s like claiming to be into classical music, or a pianist or an intellectual and not knowing how to pronounce Mozart right. Sorry for the rant, but I’m offended by this whole fakeness and ignorance. You put out an ad for VisitScotland for thousands to see and you don’t even bother to pronounce names right.

Reactions: 15
The B&B she stayed at which her family are supposedly coming back to in the future is what their house could look like if they actually took care of it and bought decent furniture

Reactions: 12
I love Ruby's vlogs that feature family members because it makes the difference in her voice when she's talking to them vs doing the voiceover so glaring obvious

Reactions: 7
I love Ruby's vlogs that feature family members because it makes the difference in her voice when she's talking to them vs doing the voiceover so glaring obvious
To defend her it might just be as she's speaking quickly? I'm a bit like that, I give a presentation on Zoom in a clear, considered but not put on voice that sounds posh and if my dad or someone comes in with a letter for example I'm like justputitthereyeah. She's doing vlogs so she has to 'present' :)

Reactions: 1
I don't know if she's commented on Hilary Mantel's death yet but I'm calling it first that the only book she'll reference is Wolf Hall.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
To defend her it might just be as she's speaking quickly? I'm a bit like that, I give a presentation on Zoom in a clear, considered but not put on voice that sounds posh and if my dad or someone comes in with a letter for example I'm like justputitthereyeah. She's doing vlogs so she has to 'present' :)
That is a fair point, I have Mancunian accent myself and I definitely tend to drop my t's and h's a lot more when speaking quickly or in a more relaxed setting, I.e with people I know well. But I find with Ruby the difference is so exaggerated it's obvious she's making an effort to put it on in the voiceovers. I've never ever heard someone who speaks in RP enunciate every single syllable to the unnatural extent that she does and it really grates on me. Even people like the royals and Boris Johnson don't do it

I hope she compensated her mum for basically being her cameraperson the entire time they were there. Not that she wouldn't be happy to do if for the favourite child

Reactions: 6
I don't know if she's commented on Hilary Mantel's death yet but I'm calling it first that the only book she'll reference is Wolf Hall.
I wonder if she's read that book, it's quite stylised at least by the standards of historical novels, and it's famously hard to work out who's talking at times. I can imagine Ruby giving up on it very quickly.

Reactions: 2
I hope she compensated her mum for basically being her cameraperson the entire time they were there. Not that she wouldn't be happy to do if for the favourite child
Ruby definitely is the favourite child and it's heartbreaking. I remember this Q&A Martha did with their mom where she tried to make her admit that she prefers Ruby over Martha. Mom obviously didn't agree, but said something about the interests she and Ruby share. Maybe part of the reason Ruby likes the things she does is actually her mom. Just remember the terrible poetry her mom has published some time ago, and now we're discovering she's writing and journalling together with Ruby. I don't necessarily think that Ruby asked her to, but she just developed into a sort of copy of her mom, trying to push her ideals and interests to the extreme, trying to remain the favourite child and get praise.

Reactions: 13
its so sad when you have no sense of self, no identity, only copying and having interest your parents likehhh

Reactions: 9
She speeds up her voiceovers by about 25% and also pitches up her voice somewhat.

Reactions: 8
i was looking at roobee’s hair and i would loooove to see her try the curly girl method, if done properly i think it could really work for her since her hair seems very frizzy and prone to waving
and of course, she absolutely NEEDS to get her hair cut by a professional, it’s painful how neglected it looks
that's just breakage from malnutrition. look at past (2017 for example) videos. it's thick and very straight.

Look! She’s changed her sheets! 😂

View attachment 1605669
" I LOVE PONKINS. MY MAIN GOAL IS TO LOVE PONKINS. EVERYTHING ELSE COMES SECOND (including YouTube, which I cannot and will not rely on for ponkins; I just won't let myself do this) GET AS MANY PONKINS AS I CAN AND AS MANY PONKIN-RELATED PRODUCTS AS I CAN AND JUST DON'T GIVE UP. ATTEND FARMERS MARKETS AND JUST GET PONKINS. AND THIS SHOULD BE THE WHOLE FOCUS OF YOUR GAP YEAR. ROMANTICISE PONKINS. MAKE THAT YOUR IDENTITY. THAT IS MY IDENTITY."

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I wonder if there's a specific thread for language learners?
This would be so great. I'd love to get tips from fellow language learners- I learnt German a couple of years ago and I've been so out of touch that my proficiency level has dropped like a stone.

Reactions: 5
Her latest TikTok is something else...

It's an 'outfit of the day', almost the entire outfit is gifted - there's a brooch from Fable England, a scrunchie from Fable England, the skirt is from Aestethic London. She's run multiple undeclared ads for both companies before, and naturally makes no mention of them being gifted products this time, either.

But that must be some kind of horrible technical error with all the social media platforms she uses editing her voice and caption against her will, because as we know, Ruby AHLWHEYS declares ads and follows ASA rules:

Untitled363545456752368789794940-95458980945646589809-9091313809789999-96540y7545.png

When she's about to say the brand name for Aestethic, she pauses, looks confused, struggles to pronounce the name ("az...teth...ethic?"), gives up entirely and then says "I don't actually know how you pronounce it, I'll put it on screen". Ruby being Ruby (i.e., indescribably lazy and incompetent), she does not put the name on-screen. She does, however, add this comment:

Untit7987ule657-098756756756445645989452342564564675636456474554646457656745644345347465745456...png

Narrator: That's not the brand name.

Untit7987ule657-098756756756445645989452346575236465756756487945585675474674675675680d.jpg

(Ironic that the brand choses to highlight the word 'ethic' in their title when they chose to partner with Ruby, who doesn't know the meaning of ethics.)

She's advertised this brand before. They've gifted her things before. She's run undeclared ads for them before. She was shilling them a lot around this time last year, but was getting the name wrong in a completely different way ("Aesthetic-A London", god knows where she got the extra 'a' from), as seen in that terrible bodychecking outfit parade video she did:

Why is she acting like she's never heard the company name before? It couldn't be because...(*GASP*)...she's just a lying moron trying act unfamiliar with the brand to hide that this is an undeclared ad? Say it ain't so, Rubert!

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
Her latest TikTok is something else...

It's an 'outfit of the day', almost the entire outfit is gifted - there's a brooch from Fable England, a scrunchie from Fable England, the skirt is from Aestethic London. She's run multiple undeclared ads for both companies before, and naturally makes no mention of them being gifted products this time, either.

But that must be some kind of horrible technical error with all the social media platforms she uses editing her voice and caption against her will, because as we know, Ruby AHLWHEYS declares ads and follows ASA rules:

View attachment 1605947

When she's about to say the brand name for Aestethic, she pauses, looks confused, struggles to pronounce the name ("az...teth...ethic?"), gives up entirely and then says "I don't actually know how you pronounce it, I'll put it on screen". Ruby being Ruby (i.e., indescribably lazy and incompetent), she does not put the name on-screen. She does, however, add this comment:

View attachment 1605766

Narrator: That's not the brand name.

View attachment 1605827
(Ironic that the brand choses to highlight the word 'ethic' in their title when they chose to partner with Ruby, who doesn't know the meaning of ethics.)

She's advertised this brand before. They've gifted her things before. She's run undeclared ads for them before. She was shilling them a lot around this time last year, but was getting the name wrong in a completely different way ("Aesthetic-A London", god knows where she got the extra 'a' from), as seen in that terrible bodychecking outfit parade video she did:

Why is she acting like she's never heard the company name before? It couldn't be because...(*GASP*)...she's just a lying moron trying act unfamiliar with the brand to hide that this is an undeclared ad? Say it ain't so, Rubert!
She doesn't know how to pronounce aesthetic? It's one of her favourite buzzwords

• Haha
Reactions: 12
She doesn't know how to pronounce aesthetic? It's one of her favourite buzzwords
In fairness, the brand is spelt and pronounced differently - it's a play on "aesthetic", but jumbles the letters to highlight "ethic", but I'm not sure why as they don't seem to be a particularly ethical. Their product listings are quite the contradiction; they boast that "every single material [they] craft from comes from the earth", yet mention that they use ethically-sourced wool and "organic ivory lining", whatever they mean by that... Didn't realise sheep grew from soil!

But you'd hope that Ruby would get the name right at least once in the year she's been working with them, considering they're sending her free clothes and the cheapest skirts they have are £690. Good bleeping lord.

• Wow
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.