Ruby Granger #32 Butter Booty from Burden Blend

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank you @StatusWoe for the inspired title! 🙌

Roobee went to Scotland with mummy and came back, is planning a “solo” trip to America, and something v. exciting with Burden Blend (or is it Bard and Bland?) is in the works. It’s been autumn for several months in Roobeeland. Also she’s taken to reading philosophy (Payto’s Sympsonium, most recently) so there may well be a return to undergrad life in Rootabaga’s future, because she’s sure as heck not ready to grow up any time soon 🙃

Reactions: 16
Can someone recommend a link where Ruby talks but you don’t have to watch? She’s never done an interview on a podcast or anything has she? I’m working without two screens and I want to listen to her soothing study voice :)

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Thank you @StatusWoe for the inspired title! 🙌
I'm so happy it became a thread title, but all credit goes to auto transcript. 😝

I was thinking about your post from the last thread - the one with the ''POV'' of Ruby's glasses. Ruby's TikTok presence is like watching someone's grandmother figure out new technology. (No disrespect to any tech savvy grandmas.) How does she make it so awkward?

Are we still waiting for that Scotland vlog? I thought she'd already made one, but I must be losing my mind. On that note, I woke up this morning and thought: Wow it's cold. Feels like Christmas!! Am I slowly turning into Ruby? Send help and #gifted vegan chocolates, please.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Can someone recommend a link where Ruby talks but you don’t have to watch? She’s never done an interview on a podcast or anything has she? I’m working without two screens and I want to listen to her soothing study voice :)
She did a short-lived podcast with the Sixteenth studytubers, I wouldn't recommend listening to it unless you want your IQ to drop exponentially with every minute.

It's a self-congratulatory wankfest where they all pat each other and themselves on the back for saying wise and enlightened things, despite them droning on for 30 minutes to say nothing at all.

It's also a shining example of why Ruby doesn't do collab content and doesn't want to interact with other adults; even in a room with 3 pretentious, self-absorbed dumbasses trying to cover their lack of intelligence with lots of faux-intelligent yammering, bad analogies and buzzwords, Ruby still comes off as the stupidest and most inarticulate one there.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Cheers I won’t bother, I only want to listen to her anyway 😂
Just shove any of her vlogs on. The majority of them are just Ruby claiming she's done lots of things that there's no footage or evidence of anyway, so there's no need to actually watch.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
When I first discovered Ruby, I never gave her voice a second thought. Now all I can hear is bleeping Hermione and it is genuinely nauseating. Hermione was meant to be a bit condescending/patronising and a know-it-all and of course, genuinely smart enough to get the gang out of tough situations. Ruby manages the condescending/patronising know-it-all bit pretty well. But definitely not having friends to get out of trouble bit.
Does she even have any proper friendships she's maintained over the years, with people she sees semi-regularly?

Reactions: 12
on the topic of the solo trip, i don’t think there’s anything wrong with not traveling solo. having travelled solo and with someone else, i much prefer being with a friend/partner. the issue with ruby is that she always seems to do things with family. traveling with a friend/someone her own age would be so beneficial

• Heart
Reactions: 11
on the topic of the solo trip, i don’t think there’s anything wrong with not traveling solo. having travelled solo and with someone else, i much prefer being with a friend/partner. the issue with ruby is that she always seems to do things with family. traveling with a friend/someone her own age would be so beneficial
There's definitely nothing wrong with traveling with someone else, even with your mother. But we all remember when she took a "solo" trip to the Woking Pizza Express and Mummy Granger held her hand the entire time :D She says she's going to be traveling alone, but we know her definition of "alone" is different to most people's.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I had the funniest, period-induced dream last night and Ruby made an appearence.
(Side note: am I the only one who has super crazy dreams when I'm on my period?)

I was watching a new video from her and at one point she started driving around a tiny yellow schoolbus. It was like one of those children's toy cars except it had a roof and everything and Ruby could fit into it and she was driving it in circles in a parking lot while talking about something.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
(Side note: am I the only one who has super crazy dreams when I'm on my period?)
I get that all the time! My theory is that it's connected to body temperature which is higher than usual during a period (afaik?) so it's like having a fever dream. I love the image of tiny Ruby in her tiny schoolbus. Very symbolic! 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I had the funniest, period-induced dream last night and Ruby made an appearence.

I was watching a new video from her and at one point she started driving around a tiny yellow schoolbus. It was like one of those children's toy cars except it had a roof and everything and Ruby could fit into it and she was driving it in circles in a parking lot while talking about something.
Nah I always get the maddest dreams a few days before my period too 🤣

• Haha
She did a short-lived podcast with the Sixteenth studytubers, I wouldn't recommend listening to it unless you want your IQ to drop exponentially with every minute.

It's a self-congratulatory wankfest where they all pat each other and themselves on the back for saying wise and enlightened things, despite them droning on for 30 minutes to say nothing at all.

It's also a shining example of why Ruby doesn't do collab content and doesn't want to interact with other adults; even in a room with 3 pretentious, self-absorbed dumbasses trying to cover their lack of intelligence with lots of faux-intelligent yammering, bad analogies and buzzwords, Ruby still comes off as the stupidest and most inarticulate one there.
Might have to check it out, you make it sound syoo, syoo giod! 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 4

😂 I love that!

Reactions: 2
When I first discovered Ruby, I never gave her voice a second thought. Now all I can hear is bleeping Hermione and it is genuinely nauseating. Hermione was meant to be a bit condescending/patronising and a know-it-all and of course, genuinely smart enough to get the gang out of tough situations. Ruby manages the condescending/patronising know-it-all bit pretty well. But definitely not having friends to get out of trouble bit.
Does she even have any proper friendships she's maintained over the years, with people she sees semi-regularly?
When she was still in school she often mentioned a girl called Natasha who she’s still friends with. Aside from that just family friends and cousins? I guess we don’t really know for sure, maybe there are other girls from school who wouldn’t want to be mentioned on Ruby’s social media.

I was watching one of Ruby's vlogs from 2020 and I really hate commenting on people's looks and we've had this conversation before but

The difference with now is shocking! She looks so ghostly and skinny now whereas even in 2020 she looked just healthier and definitely not very skinny! Seeing this so starkly really worried me. This is the video

Reactions: 7
View attachment 1597054
Still not convinced that she'll be going by herself!
I mean, she's done this same song and dance multiple times before. Her "solo" archive trip to Surrey, where mummy drive her, had lunch with her and sat in the car park waiting the whole day. The multiple "solo" trips to Devon, where mummy forgot to keep the lie up and posted a family photo of them all together on that very same trip, or her own Instagram slip-ups gave her away.

I'd say good for her if she's throwing herself in at the deep end to escape her comfort zone, but she lies about absolutely everything. If she couldn't even go camping with her best friend without mummy and daddy chaperoning, couldn't stay at uni for more than a week, and can't even leave the house these days, then there is absolutely no way she'll plan on going to America alone for 3 weeks. And I can’t see her being willing to finally break out of her child cocoon just for a trip centred around her transparently fake love of literature. If it were to go to a "How to scam charity cash (and keep it!)" lecture series/"sympsonium", then maybe.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
I would never go alone on a holiday. Travelling alone, okay. But not to a different country. I travelled (by train) to my then boyfriend in another part of Germany when I was 17/18 and I visited a former friend more than 10 years ago, also in another part of Germany.
But I couldn't/wouldn't go to a far(er) away country, especially alone on a plane. I'd be terrified - and yes, even in my late 30s! I really don't enjoy flying and sitting alone in a plane for a few hours ... *shudder*

so, if Ruby really goes alone: that's a huge step.

• Sick
Reactions: 4
i would believe her when she would say she would go on a solo trip to london besides this is very.. interesting if she could have done it. but alone? to america? Ruby?! No way.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.