Ruby Granger #32 Butter Booty from Burden Blend

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Untitled567657.jpg

"This isn't an ad or anything!"

Yes, Ruby, it is. Even if you weren't paid for it, if you're making a post to promote a brand whose products you only wear because they send you them for free, who paid you to model for them and who you've been getting paid by for years, then it's a bleeping advertisement. It's a promotional giveaway for the dress which you did paid modelling for. You're asking people to go follow a brand they wouldn't otherwise. You are regularly paid by the brand with gifts and money. It's an ad.

"Misspah Teenah are running a giveaway for this outfit that I'm wearing. I wasn't paid for this post, but I was gifted this outfit and others, and regularly work with MISSPAH TEENAH. I recently did a paid modelling partnership with them which was a lot of fun!" That was what you should've said. It's honest, and you get to brag about something - a win-win for you. This innate need to leap to your own defence with gaslighting lies isn't a good look, especially immediately after a post full of undeclared ads.

Untitled8980567657.jpg

Ruby lies her ass off some more in the caption and does a terrible and/or intentionally dishonest job of explaining the circumstances/conditions of the contest. She says only the dress was gifted to her. Gonna need a dated receipt for the rest of the Miss Patina tit you're wearing, because there's no way you paid for any of that.

She also makes it seem like the dress she's wearing is the one being gifted, which considering her personal hygiene is a nightmarish thought, but also downplays the whole thing, like "They gifted me the dress, but I'm giving it away!" when in reality she got all that tit for free, the dress is part of a paid modelling sponsorship and there's a separate giveaway for duplicate items which she's now advertising.

God, she's the worst.

Reactions: 23
She deletes and blocks as many negative or critical comments/users as she can. She limited her comments on Instagram. TikTok was a great indication of how she’s actually seen - at first her comments were full of people roasting her and pointing out her errors. Criticism has tapered off quite a bit in her TikTok comments, and I can only assume it's because she's instantly blocked anyone who posted anything she's considered remotely critical about her to curate an echo chamber similar to her Instagram and YouTube comment sections.
you can limit comments on tiktok and accept them manually! You can also block certain words and phrases. I once commented and it never showed up lmao.

Reactions: 4
lol I checked, I could have 9 of them made for 13,95 € 😂 not sure what it says about me that I actually briefly considered it before realising that I wouldn’t be able to offload the other 8 😂
Not sure about that. I'm liking the thought of these magnets outselling the planners. 😂

I for one can't wait to hear her pronunciation of Camus! My bet is on 'ca-mouse'.
Car Moose?

Book review: He wrote a novel about a man who was always outside. The man was wise because he knew that being outside was better than being inside. This is because ponkins grow outside, so he had more opportunity to just get ponkins. We can witness this influence in Car Moose's work, The Myth of Syphilis, in which he describes the human condition using the Greek myth of Syphilis. Syphilis spent all his time rolling a giant ponkin up a hill, but he wasn't very productive because the ponkin would roll back down and the Gods always made him roll it up again. So he was always unproductively rolling ponkins. It's very existential because it talks about existence and a person who formed a habit. Car Moose made me notice my own existence and that made me feel existential. I also feel relieved that I am having a cosy September in my room rather than rolling ponkins up a hill. #gratitude 4/5 stars, but not as many ponkins as I expected.

This would be so great. I'd love to get tips from fellow language learners- I learnt German a couple of years ago and I've been so out of touch that my proficiency level has dropped like a stone.
I made a thread: https://tattle.life/threads/language-learners.33835/

@soph30 tagging you because I think you were the one who created the student thread?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
“haha”

View attachment 1607390

I swear if you put electrodes to her head, the brainwave would be a flat line, there’s nothing going on behind those vacant eyes of hers

also there’s a big bleeping bug on the wall, but whatever let it be I guess
I'm not sure ... but can something make someone existential? In my head this sentence sounds wrong. Wouldn't it be better to say "this book is putting me in an existential crisis/giving existential crisis vibes"?

Reactions: 5
View attachment 1607778

"This isn't an ad or anything!"

Yes, Ruby, it is. Even if you weren't paid for it, if you're making a post to promote a brand whose products you only wear because they send you them for free, who paid you to model for them and who you've been getting paid by for years, then it's a bleeping advertisement. It's a promotional giveaway for the dress which you did paid modelling for. You're asking people to go follow a brand they wouldn't otherwise. You are regularly paid by the brand with gifts and money. It's an ad.

"Misspah Teenah are running a giveaway for this outfit that I'm wearing. I wasn't paid for this post, but I was gifted this outfit and others, and regularly work with MISSPAH TEENAH. I recently did a paid modelling partnership with them which was a lot of fun!" That was what you should've said. It's honest, and you get to brag about something - a win-win for you. This innate need to leap to your own defence with gaslighting lies isn't a good look, especially immediately after a post full of undeclared ads.

View attachment 1607784

Ruby lies her ass off some more in the caption and does a terrible and/or intentionally dishonest job of explaining the circumstances/conditions of the contest. She says only the dress was gifted to her. Gonna need a dated receipt for the rest of the Miss Patina tit you're wearing, because there's no way you paid for any of that.

She also makes it seem like the dress she's wearing is the one being gifted, which considering her personal hygiene is a nightmarish thought, but also downplays the whole thing, like "They gifted me the dress, but I'm giving it away!" when in reality she got all that tit for free, the dress is part of a paid modelling sponsorship and there's a separate giveaway for duplicate items which she's now advertising.

God, she's the worst.
The real question here is, who, apart from Ruby, would actually want that hideous collar?

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I'm not sure ... but can something make someone existential? In my head this sentence sounds wrong. Wouldn't it be better to say "this book is putting me in an existential crisis/giving existential crisis vibes"?
also the book is about someone grappling with the morality of law and grief so I'm not sure why its made her existential about success

Reactions: 1
So her latest TikTok video she mentioned she’s going away (America?) She wants to transfer her addresses to a smaller address book so she can write letters. I get the old timey aesthetic thing, but I’m assuming she has the latest IPhone, with you know, a built in address book. I also love how she asks Google to play classical music while she shuns technology and wastes her time rewriting all her contacts so she can continue to torture them with letter from abroad.

Reactions: 22
i cant believe it that miss patina is selling rubys dress als granger dress. i cant. i need schnaps

• Haha
Reactions: 9
So her latest TikTok video she mentioned she’s going away (America?) She wants to transfer her addresses to a smaller address book so she can write letters. I get the old timey aesthetic thing, but I’m assuming she has the latest IPhone, with you know, a built in address book. I also love how she asks Google to play classical music while she shuns technology and wastes her time rewriting all her contacts so she can continue to torture them with letter from abroad.
I'm sure she thinks this is super "productive". Its so ironic how much time she spends to get so little done..

Reactions: 17

Jarring hearing her actual(?) voice, and with such a right pretty speech too. But I wonder what is the purpose of her "desperate pursuit of knowledge"? She's reading the bible and philosophers at the moment, but what is the purpose of it? All this work ironically just seems an awful lot like procrastination.

Reactions: 19
Between her clipping bits of her old godawful "Everything you need to know about DARK MACADEMIA" video and her latest outfit post on Insta, she's back to just reposting old content as new. That outfit video on Insta must be 2 years old.

I'm guessing she watched The Book Leo's last couple of videos, too, considering she's dusted off her unread copy of The Secret History to not-read it once again, and she's now recycling her old dark macademia content out of nowhere.

Reactions: 17
I think the funniest part for me is where she makes a point to say this was for the people she wrote to the most, then mentioned she added 10 addresses.

Ruby, you know your mummy's the only one who writes back, and she's going with you, you don't need 10 addresses. Nobody else wants or needs your indecipherable chicken-scratch hieroglyphic poems about seagulls and how oppulenly azure the magical autominnal sky is.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
This is a bit OT but does anyone watch Darling Desi? She's done Victorian content and a lot of aesthetic and autumnal themed vlogs. She only has half the following Ruby does but she quit her job to become a full time youtuber and you can tell she puts 10 times more effort in, especially with the smaller details. I do find some things weird like how she dyes her hair and paints on fake freckles like Ruby and ends up looking a bit like Pippi Longstocking but her videos are much more enjoyable to watch.

I feel like Ruby's content could look like this if he actually made an effort and planned out her vlogs instead of lazily stringing random clips together.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.