Ruby Granger #32 Butter Booty from Burden Blend

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She bought the house as an investment and pretended she was going to live there when university was done. She has said herself a few times that she is scared to be in the house alone. Coupled with the fact she lives in a huge house/grounds in exchange for emptying the dishwasher every now and then, it's unlikely she's going to be moving any time soon. Meanwhile, someone is paying an obscene amount of rent (someone on here found the listing once) to live in that cottage.
I say it every time this comes up but it seems the house is rented and it would annoy me a lot of Ruby turfed someone out of the home they’re paying rent for so she can play at having a life-size doll house. She’d fanny about and probably not even stay there overnight once or twice. It would be terrible to see someone evicted and having to uproot their life just for Ruby’s content. Renting out homes is a problem in itself but I’d rather Ruby’s house was rented out than it only being used to film the odd ‘dark academia independent life’ video. Also Ruby is shockingly lax about protecting her privacy so it’s probably not that good an idea for her to live and film there …

Reactions: 16
I say it every time this comes up but it seems the house is rented and it would annoy me a lot of Ruby turfed someone out of the home they’re paying rent for so she can play at having a life-size doll house. She’d fanny about and probably not even stay there overnight once or twice. It would be terrible to see someone evicted and having to uproot their life just for Ruby’s content. Renting out homes is a problem in itself but I’d rather Ruby’s house was rented out than it only being used to film the odd ‘dark academia independent life’ video. Also Ruby is shockingly lax about protecting her privacy so it’s probably not that good an idea for her to live and film there …
I agree that it would be unfair for her to evict someone for her to play pretend at being an adult, because that is all it would be, I was more pointing out that she wasn't honest about her intentions.

Reactions: 10
Sorry if this has nothing to do with the conversation now, but a few years ago I remember ruby buying a house/cottage. What happened with that? Mabye she's renting it out and that's why she's not living there?
She said in a now deleted video (link in the wiki) that she'll rent it out for another year after she leaves uni. I can't see her moving anytime soon but I guess we'll see what happens. Obviously she got rid of the video but in case anyone remembers and calls her out on this she would probably say she doesn't want to kick out the current tenant, what a selfless angel.

Reactions: 2
Yeah, agree with all of this.

I'm interested to know if the cottage is isolated or in a town? I've said this before, but I don't think it would be a good plan for Ruby to move out into the middle of the countryside. She's young, and I'd worry about lack of friends/social life. There wouldn't be many work opportunities unless she intends to make YouTube her full-time career or earn a living from writing (and being realistic that's not likely to bring in much income!). Also she doesn't drive which makes it even harder in terms of access.

Edit: Forgot to thank @Lutxy for reminding me of a classic Ruby moment:

1664508238125.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14

I'm interested to know if the cottage is isolated or in a town? I've said this before, but I don't think it would be a good plan for Ruby to move out into the middle of the countryside. She's young, and I'd worry about lack of friends/social life. There wouldn't be many work opportunities unless she intends to make YouTube her full-time career or earn a living from writing (and being realistic that's not likely to bring in much income!). Also she doesn't drive which makes it even harder in terms of access.

View attachment 1615085
It’s in a very small village about 5 km from her parents’ home, there’s pub and a farm shop. There’s a decent-sized town not too far away. My guess is she’d be pretty isolated, but no more than she is now. Mummy and daddy would be within biking distance.

Reactions: 5

View attachment 1615085
It's in the same village her parents house is on the outskirts of. I would agree it would be poor form to turf somebody out in the middle of their rental period, but after the agreement has ended it would probably be in Ruby's best interest to move out. I will admit that I didn't move out of home until 25 years old (after finishing uni. Like Roobles, I lived in halls/share at uni). I wasn't pretending to be a sickly Victorian child, but even so staying at home as an adult you are more infantised than you should be even if you don't want to be. You fall into old habits and pattens from childhood. I only moved ten minutes away from my parents, and still see them 2-4 times a week, but even still I have definately grown up a lot in the three years that I've been out on my own, running my own house, and being responsible for my own bills/cleaning/food.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
The irony of her posting about climate change whilst she's on her third holiday of the year soon to be fourth when she goes to America

• Haha
Reactions: 30
The irony of her posting about climate change whilst she's on her third holiday of the year soon to be fourth when she goes to America
This the same Ruby who spent the entire 4 year duration of her uni stay making mummy and daddy drive back and forth across the country unnecessarily every single week, spewing carbon emissions in an old camper van because she refused to get a train by herself like a big girl? For someone who delusionally lives in the past, she sure does conveniently overlook a lot of it.

Reactions: 21
Screenshot_20220930-131644_Chrome.jpg

"I'm using my academic planner on my tablet. 🤍"

According to Ruby's planner, it's currently Friday, September 3rd 2021.

She has a 2022 Academic Planner in digital format she could use. Either she doesn't use her own planner at all and doesn't mind picking completely random dates to scribble some nonsense in for an Insta ad, or she legit does not understand how dates work. The first is a given, but it's hilarious that Ruby's brain is so shrivelled and incompetent that the latter option could easily be true.

Also she gives herself credit for writing a video essay. I assume by this she means recycling that laughably bad dark macademia video she keeps reposting bits of. We're also threatened with something Matilda-related and Ruby somehow thinks one of her many crappy poems about seagulls and the weather will win a prize.

Screenshot_20220930-091842_Chrome.jpg

She's also pretending to study some bullshit about the meaning of grades to try to impress the internet instead of enjoying the expensive holiday she's on. God, what a pathetic existence. She makes every single exotic holiday she goes on look like the most dull and unappealing thing.

Reactions: 25
If I were on holiday I would explore the city, the village, whatever there is. I couldn't just sit there. I can sit around all day at home (Oh wait, that's what I'm doing mostly since March 2020 haha).
why is she using her academic planner? what academic things does she do?
(which reminds me: I have to work on my discussion for the second study of my master's thesis. I haven't done anything today. oops!)

It's in the same village her parents house is on the outskirts of. I would agree it would be poor form to turf somebody out in the middle of their rental period, but after the agreement has ended it would probably be in Ruby's best interest to move out. I will admit that I didn't move out of home until 25 years old (after finishing uni. Like Roobles, I lived in halls/share at uni). I wasn't pretending to be a sickly Victorian child, but even so staying at home as an adult you are more infantised than you should be even if you don't want to be. You fall into old habits and pattens from childhood. I only moved ten minutes away from my parents, and still see them 2-4 times a week, but even still I have definately grown up a lot in the three years that I've been out on my own, running my own house, and being responsible for my own bills/cleaning/food.
I have to admit when I was thinking about doing a masters, I was thinking about moving back home since I loved living with my parents 😅 . Paying them some money for bills and food and of course helping around the house (but that's a given) but they thought it wa
She’s officially become a parody of herself, right down to spelling 😂

View attachment 1616137
For someone who reads a lot and studied literature (right?) she sure makes a lot of mistakes haha

Reactions: 6
If I were on holiday I would explore the city, the village, whatever there is. I couldn't just sit there. I can sit around all day at home (Oh wait, that's what I'm doing mostly since March 2020 haha).
why is she using her academic planner? what academic things does she do?
(which reminds me: I have to work on my discussion for the second study of my master's thesis. I haven't done anything today. oops!)
I don't think there's anything wrong with wanting to just sit by the pool sunbathing on holiday, but I do think it's weird to sit there reading academic articles

I have to admit when I was thinking about doing a masters, I was thinking about moving back home since I loved living with my parents 😅 . Paying them some money for bills and food and of course helping around the house (but that's a given) but they thought it wa

For someone who reads a lot and studied literature (right?) she sure makes a lot of mistakes haha
If your parents are happy for you to stay, there is nothing wrong with living at home into your twenties and it's pretty common these days, there's no need for you people on this thread to be so ashamed about it 😅 in some cultures it's expected that you live with your parents into adulthood. The problem with Ruby is that she doesn't appear to be working towards living independently- most people who stay at home after uni are working and saving up to eventually move out

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I'm waiting for her to make Classics/Ancient Greece her new personality.

When she went to Italy she read Call Me By Your Name. Now she's reading The Secret History in Greece (which is ironic because those characters & plot shouldn't be romanticized. Tartt wrote it specifically to bring attention to the elitism and general problems within academia.)

Now she's going to "study" Homer and Greek mythology and claim she's an expert.

Im so confused by her constant spelling mistakes. I mean at this point she has to know she makes them. Why not spend like 5 seconds to check the spelling via google etc.?
I have friends with slight dyslexia, which could be the case for Ruby with "obvious" mistakes like this, but these days its so easy to check your spelling. Its weird to be so careless when you post something for such a wide audience and your whole vibe is "bookworm" "author" and "constantly studying".

Reactions: 16
She’s officially become a parody of herself, right down to spelling 😂

View attachment 1616137
Her spelling matches her pronunciation! This is another mistake that can't be explained away as a typo. I wonder how she got so far in her English studies without someone noticing these mistakes and testing for dyslexia. Of course people make mistakes, but it's unusual for a 'bookworm' who spends half the day revising to slip up so often with familiar words.

If your parents are happy for you to stay, there is nothing wrong with living at home into your twenties and it's pretty common these days, there's no need for you people on this thread to be so ashamed about it 😅 in some cultures it's expected that you live with your parents into adulthood.
I'd like to second this. People on the thread really don't need to justify their living arrangements to internet strangers. :p There are all kinds of reasons why someone might live with their parents into their 20s. Ruby's situation is unusual in that she's relatively free of responsibilities, mainly the need to earn money. She has little incentive to change and it's worrying due to her lack of growth in other areas.

Reactions: 17
If your parents are happy for you to stay, there is nothing wrong with living at home into your twenties and it's pretty common these days, there's no need for you people on this thread to be so ashamed about it 😅 in some cultures it's expected that you live with your parents into adulthood. The problem with Ruby is that she doesn't appear to be working towards living independently- most people who stay at home after uni are working and saving up to eventually move out
Yeah I mean where I live, over 50% of 25-29 year olds are still living with their parents and a quarter of 30-35 year olds still live with them. It’s really only in the UK and USA where it’s culturally acceptable to shove your kid out age 18. I’d say in the UK this is more of a middle class attitude as well tbh, British working class families are more likely to have young people still living at home well into their late 20s.

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.