Ruby Granger #32 Butter Booty from Burden Blend

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is a bit OT but does anyone watch Darling Desi? She's done Victorian content and a lot of aesthetic and autumnal themed vlogs. She only has half the following Ruby does but she quit her job to become a full time youtuber and you can tell she puts 10 times more effort in, especially with the smaller details. I do find some things weird like how she dyes her hair and paints on fake freckles like Ruby and ends up looking a bit like Pippi Longstocking but her videos are much more enjoyable to watch.

I feel like Ruby's content could look like this if he actually made an effort and planned out her vlogs instead of lazily stringing random clips together.
Definitely better than Ruby though still not my type of content. In general I think currently youtubers who do only youtube full time (unless they do actually produce legit time-taking content, so I guess I mostly refer to the lifestyle ones) are becoming less popular since they don’t have much interesting or relatable to offer. Similarly Ruby, she doesn’t do anything in her life so what’s the point of making vlogs out of it - if only they were assthetically pleasing (but they aren’t...).

Reactions: 11
This is a bit OT but does anyone watch Darling Desi? She's done Victorian content and a lot of aesthetic and autumnal themed vlogs. She only has half the following Ruby does but she quit her job to become a full time youtuber and you can tell she puts 10 times more effort in, especially with the smaller details. I do find some things weird like how she dyes her hair and paints on fake freckles like Ruby and ends up looking a bit like Pippi Longstocking but her videos are much more enjoyable to watch.

I feel like Ruby's content could look like this if he actually made an effort and planned out her vlogs instead of lazily stringing random clips together.
at least ruby is an eccentric. thats the main appeal of ruby to me - that shes just so nuts i cant look away. i want to know whats going on with her, i dont really care about how good her aesthetic is.. this girl seems overly obsessed with image and seems to have the personality of a plank of wood. honestly anyone who quits a job to make youtube videos or post instagram pictures for a living is a loser to me.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
She doesn't even try to pretend that she read the whole book instead of a summary anymore
And she followed it up with this lazy gem:

Untit7979led.jpg

A half-assed cover blurb that sounds positive paired with a negative score and no detail whatsoever. That's a Ruby review, alright.

The only thing missing is her flicking to random uncommon words in the dictionary and shoving them in wherever, completely misspelling them in the process.

Reactions: 20

I've watched a few of her videos, but it's not really my thing. I'm not really into cottagecore stuff, I always find it a bit too twee and cutesy for my liking. But she's definitely a better organised and more talented Youtuber than Ruby.

Reactions: 5
I guess she’s running low on content ideas since she’s now posting recycled bits of her dark macadamia stupidity as shorts on youtube. Today’s title is ”dark macadamia shouldn’t be performative” - girl, everything you do is performative 🤦

eta comments 😂

608745EC-520B-4CD1-9438-C80DC0960DC1.jpeg

0AC6CF55-BA8A-4202-857E-CCBE89DED21B.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
Her real voice is actually quite nice? It's not like her jarring video voice at all. I just wish she could enjoy things without lumping aesthetics around it and being pretentious about it. You can enjoy things from multiple "aesthetics" without having to sacrifice your personality.

Reactions: 13
antagnositic
it comes from ante+gnomic+parasitic, where ante = preceding, gnomic = difficult to understand due to ambiguity, and parasitic = a spoiled little Tory who will do anything for a sponsorship or free stuff, i.e. HELLO IT’S ROOBEE I AM COMING FOR YOU PLS #GIFT ME THINGS

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Someone mentioned potemkin towns a few pages back and my brain immediately went "potemkin productivity"

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Now I'm just picturing Ruby trying to spell Potemkin and then getting hit with a huge copyright lawsuit for using the name Pokemon Productivity.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I'm sure she thinks this is super "productive". Its so ironic how much time she spends to get so little done..
This is why I think that so many study tubers are problematic! They preach about organization while advertising all sorts of planners (both physical and digital), make a ton of to-do lists, habit trackers, etc. but it's all about selling the illusion of productivity. They like to trick their audiences into thinking "if I just organize and write down every single task in a bunch of formats I'll be successful." This is why I'm so skeptical about Notion sponsorships as well. Most of the time, youtubers only pretend to use it. I've used it and it's actually so time-consuming to make things look "pretty" or format it the right way to take notes!

Looking at Ruby's to-do lists, anyone can see that it's all just busy work and she does it because she has to write down anything to keep selling her planners. These activity/habit trackers are a side-effect of this capitalistic notion that our self-worth is directly tied to how much we get done in a day, and I truly believe that despite Ruby's desire to step away from technology, her values stem from capitalism (in this case being the face of productivity). It might even be more insidious in Ruby's case because people fall for the whole "victorian child-miss patina-still writes handwritten letters" aesthetic she has going on. It creates the illusion of a world outside of technology, but it's still pretty much embedded in corporate and marketing schemes.

How does she always manage to say so much and nothing at all? Her level of analysis is so basic. PLEASE. How can anyone read one book and think they can fully grasp an entire philosophical framework? She never even explains what his arguments are, which makes me think that she didn't understand what she was reading (probably only read the introduction) and got offended and went straight to GoodReads to post this like she's writing a review on Yelp. Lmao.

Last edited:
Reactions: 19
From the dark academia short:
"The onderstanding of knyowledge is something life-giving and dasperate. It's this endless parsyoot of knowledge and has a kind of intensity to it because you're syo dasparate to gat it done and you're syo eagah to gat it done and it's the oynly thing on your mind".

This is a ryoobee-ism. It means starting a sentence, going off on a different tangent and completely forgetting the point of said sentence, all the while sounding like a derailed train. It also involves justifying your garbled crap with the belief that you're an overlooked underdog genius whose brilliance cannot be comprehended by us lesser mortals.

From the dark academia short:
"The onderstanding of knyowledge is something life-giving and dasperate. It's this endless parsyoot of knowledge and has a kind of intensity to it because you're syo dasparate to gat it done and you're syo eagah to gat it done and it's the oynly thing on your mind".

This is a ryoobee-ism. It means starting a sentence, going off on a different tangent and completely forgetting the point of said sentence, all the while sounding like a derailed train. It also involves justifying your garbled crap with the belief that you're an overlooked underdog genius whose brilliance cannot be comprehended by us lesser mortals.
Thanks to you, I was inspired to make a dark macadamia tyo-dyoo list!

9AC73A90-129D-4915-AEEC-251D9C65A59C.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.