Ruby Granger #32 Butter Booty from Burden Blend

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is why I think that so many study tubers are problematic! They preach about organization while advertising all sorts of planners (both physical and digital), make a ton of to-do lists, habit trackers, etc. but it's all about selling the illusion of productivity. They like to trick their audiences into thinking "if I just organize and write down every single task in a bunch of formats I'll be successful." This is why I'm so skeptical about Notion sponsorships as well. Most of the time, youtubers only pretend to use it. I've used it and it's actually so time-consuming to make things look "pretty" or format it the right way to take notes!
[/QUOTE]

I use Notion and I find it pretty handy, what with all the different ways you can format things and hide them and make tables. But I sometimes wonder if I'm doing it wrong because it's so unpretty. I also don't "take notes", I just stick things in a new page under a relevant heading (and shocker: I don't even always put an emoji at the top of that page!). It's a pretty good tool if you actually want to be a bit more organised but it appears to be an incredibly good tool if you just want to pretend to be organised.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
This is why I think that so many study tubers are problematic! They preach about organization while advertising all sorts of planners (both physical and digital), make a ton of to-do lists, habit trackers, etc. but it's all about selling the illusion of productivity. They like to trick their audiences into thinking "if I just organize and write down every single task in a bunch of formats I'll be successful." This is why I'm so skeptical about Notion sponsorships as well. Most of the time, youtubers only pretend to use it. I've used it and it's actually so time-consuming to make things look "pretty" or format it the right way to take notes!
I use Notion and I find it pretty handy, what with all the different ways you can format things and hide them and make tables. But I sometimes wonder if I'm doing it wrong because it's so unpretty. I also don't "take notes", I just stick things in a new page under a relevant heading (and shocker: I don't even always put an emoji at the top of that page!). It's a pretty good tool if you actually want to be a bit more organised but it appears to be an incredibly good tool if you just want to pretend to be organised.
[/QUOTE]
I think Notion is a good tool for collaboration. When I was editor at our student paper, we used Notion (we got the premium version for free because the head editor asked for a discount because we were students and they gave it for free. But that was before those studytubers came along with their ads for Notion or maybe it was at the beginning, I don't remember exactly. It must've been around 2018?)
For me personally , Notion doesn't work. I need something simple. That's why I start a minimalist bullet journal on Saturday. lol

Aaand she’s in Greece with mummy and daddy. Must be nice to be able to go on any number of vacations.

• Wow
Reactions: 30
She can't even fly alone to Greece and she really wants to tell us that she is able to fly alone to the US?!

Reactions: 15
Aaand she’s in Greece with mummy and daddy. Must be nice to be able to go on any number of vacations.
of course. I mean, would go on holiday with my parents, too. because they'd pay. 😃 But it's a difference if you are older and being independent from them. A few years ago, my husband and I (we weren't married at the time) took my parents to London for a few days (it was even my husbands's idea 😃). I wouldn't travel alone, but with friends it's fun (although I'm not that much of a traveller).

maybe Ruby's parents can't go alone without her and she has to come with them? 😜

Reactions: 7
This was probably Daddy Bones' treat; they all just got even richer thanks to Liz Truss announcing lots of tax cuts for the wealthy, paid for by the poor, so they have to celebrate somehow!

Edit: And she's spending her latest of many exotic holidays this year lecturing people about how they should buy clothes that last and not buy impulsively and bragging how thifty she is, while 99% of her clothes are gifted, expensive fast fashion which she gets paid to advertise endlessly and dishonestly. duck right off, Ruby, you utter cretin.

Last edited:
Reactions: 24
I can’t help but feel Ma and Pa Granger booked themselves a few holidays for this summer assuming that they’d be celebrating both girls having flown the nest, and now they’re having to arrange for a travel cot to be added to each villa. I know Ruby gets on RAHHHLY, RAHHHLY well with her family and that is lovely, but you can’t help but wonder if her parents might also appreciate a bit of time alone. Ruby doesn’t really seem very aware of anyone’s needs apart from her own. I might be completely wrong of course and they all love it (or her parents use the kids as a way of not having to spend time alone) but whatever, it seems odd. It wouldn’t be quite so odd if Ruby actually did things independently but she doesn’t, apart from the odd day trip to London.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
I know Ruby gets on RAHHHLY, RAHHHLY well with her family and that is lovely, but you can’t help but wonder if her parents might also appreciate a bit of time alone. Ruby doesn’t really seem very aware of anyone’s needs apart from her own. I might be completely wrong of course and they all love it (or her parents use the kids as a way of not having to spend time alone) but whatever, it seems odd.
I actually don't think this is the case. I'd bet Ruby's parents invite her (and hopefully Martha?) on holiday with them and enjoy going as a family. I don't think it's that unusual tbh. The issue is more that Ruby has no independence, not that she goes on holiday with her parents.

I'm still shocked by the number of trips they've been on this year, though! Was Paris the first one? Then there was Italy, Scotland (I know it was gifted but still counts), Greece and then Boston. And that might not even be the last of the them.😮

This was probably Daddy Bones' treat; they all just got even richer thanks to Liz Truss announcing lots of tax cuts for the wealthy, paid for by the poor, so they have to celebrate somehow!
*Roob voice* ACKSHULLY, THIS IS CALLED Treacledawn economics. It's where SYO SYO kind Liz Truss gives mohrr money to people who already have mohrrr money. The even mohrr money treacles at dawn to the British Virgin Islands wharr daddy sends his money, and this money becams a waterfall that can be enjahhyed by averyone, as long as you are in the Granger family.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
My sister went to St Andrews and loved her time there. It's a quiet town, but right next to the sea and full of old buildings. The uni has a sheltered feel that would have suited Ruby. I also wonder if she applied to Durham and got rejected. I suspect the English department gets lots of applications - possibly even more than Oxford? I think Ruby chose Exeter partly because it's so close to home. Durham and St Andrews are too far north for her, unfortunately. :(
Ruby chose Exeter because that's where J.K Rowling went after being rejected from Oxford. She does not have an original thought. In her head, if she follows in the footsteps of her heroes, she will become her heroes.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
I can’t help but feel Ma and Pa Granger booked themselves a few holidays for this summer assuming that they’d be celebrating both girls having flown the nest, and now they’re having to arrange for a travel cot to be added to each villa. I know Ruby gets on RAHHHLY, RAHHHLY well with her family and that is lovely, but you can’t help but wonder if her parents might also appreciate a bit of time alone.
I actually don't think this is the case. I'd bet Ruby's parents invite her (and hopefully Martha?) on holiday with them and enjoy going as a family. I don't think it's that unusual tbh. The issue is more that Ruby has no independence, not that she goes on holiday with her parents.
Well we know that Ruby is not even able to stay in that house all on her own, so it's probably a given that she has to come along with them, whether they want her to or not!

Reactions: 12
Sorry if this has nothing to do with the conversation now, but a few years ago I remember ruby buying a house/cottage. What happened with that? Mabye she's renting it out and that's why she's not living there?

Reactions: 1

I'm still shocked by the number of trips they've been on this year, though! Was Paris the first one? Then there was Italy, Scotland (I know it was gifted but still counts), Greece and then Boston. And that might not even be the last of the them.😮

*Roob voice* ACKSHULLY, THIS IS CALLED Treacledawn economics. It's where SYO SYO kind Liz Truss gives mohrr money to people who already have mohrrr money. The even mohrr money treacles at dawn to the British Virgin Islands wharr daddy sends his money, and this money becams a waterfall that can be enjahhyed by averyone, as long as you are in the Granger family.
Yeah tbh I think it's quite normal for someone Ruby's age to still go on holiday with their parents, especially if they don't have a partner to go with instead.
What's not normal is the amount of international holidays they went on this year.
And what's worse is, I bet Ruby will have no problem at all talking about how expensive energy and heating are gonna be in the winter months, as she pretends that she's a Victorian orphan struggling for warmth with a million blankets on them.

Reactions: 16
Yeah tbh I think it's quite normal for someone Ruby's age to still go on holiday with their parents, especially if they don't have a partner to go with instead.
What's not normal is the amount of international holidays they went on this year.
And what's worse is, I bet Ruby will have no problem at all talking about how expensive energy and heating are gonna be in the winter months, as she pretends that she's a Victorian orphan struggling for warmth with a million blankets on them.
don't forget the hot water bottle!!!

Reactions: 6
Sorry if this has nothing to do with the conversation now, but a few years ago I remember ruby buying a house/cottage. What happened with that? Mabye she's renting it out and that's why she's not living there?
She did "buy" a house (cottage) in her first year at uni. I put buy in quotations because I believe her parents either co-signed it and essentially bought it for her. I believe they use it as a rental property at the moment. Maybe it's in her name and she gets the rent money? Who knows?

But it really makes me wonder...imagine if Ruby actually moved into "her" cottage and lived alone. Can you imagine her taking care of a home? Cleaning? Paying bills? And god forbid getting a real job, a job that's not pretending to be a writer/Victorian child in mummy and daddy's garden, in order to pay for the house/bills/etc.

I can't wrap my head around it and to be honest it's quite sad that a 21 year old woman can't seem to live independently. She'll never move out.

Reactions: 9
She did "buy" a house (cottage) in her first year at uni. I put buy in quotations because I believe her parents either co-signed it and essentially bought it for her. I believe they use it as a rental property at the moment. Maybe it's in her name and she gets the rent money? Who knows?

But it really makes me wonder...imagine if Ruby actually moved into "her" cottage and lived alone. Can you imagine her taking care of a home? Cleaning? Paying bills? And god forbid getting a real job, a job that's not pretending to be a writer/Victorian child in mummy and daddy's garden, in order to pay for the house/bills/etc.

I can't wrap my head around it and to be honest it's quite sad that a 21 year old woman can't seem to live independently. She'll never move out.
I probably would rent it out too if I still had the opportunity too live with my parents and they would let me stay there, saving up something for the future. But now that she's out of uni it would seem logical to me to live there. I don't know how much she makes on Youtube plus brand deals, but it could be enough to live independently? It would also seems logical to me for the next steps for her channel I mean I guess her audience is growing up too, a new chapter for her and her channel.
Also, (at least to me) it doesn't seem like she has any serious problems (mental or physical) that would stop her from living independently other than maybe being babied by her mum and dad.

(I'm new to this thread, so maybe not very up to date) but she finished her bachelor right? I wonder why she doesn't continue with a master so she can keep up with her study/ dark academia content since she doesn't really move on from that.

Reactions: 3

She bought the house as an investment and pretended she was going to live there when university was done. She has said herself a few times that she is scared to be in the house alone. Coupled with the fact she lives in a huge house/grounds in exchange for emptying the dishwasher every now and then, it's unlikely she's going to be moving any time soon. Meanwhile, someone is paying an obscene amount of rent (someone on here found the listing once) to live in that cottage.

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.