Ruby Granger #25 Leaving all the books unread, chasing sponsorships instead

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Blakeney is also studying English lit at Exeter. She shares a student house with Ruby. They're 'best friends' but no romantic vibes. Tattlers have been noticing that Ruby's display of friendship seems pretty intense and many other followers assume they're a couple. Easy mistake to make. :p

Were they the twins that appeared in a few of her old videos? Or am I confusing them with someone else?
Those were Felicity and Verity. I think she does have a cousin called Imogen, though if she also goes to Exeter that's news to me

Reactions: 7
Her stories doing the climbing wall thing just feel like a blatant body check.

she looks so frail im surprised she managed to do that at all
… she’s literally just climbing. If we go by that then every video she does is bodychecking.
Edit to add; I have an eating disorder but I know everyone’s affected by things differently

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Screen Shot 2022-03-27 at 1.02.16 PM.png

In what world is this yoga??

You gotta admit this pose is hilarious though.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
Ok you lot have convinced me with these screenshots, I’m about to watch my first Ruby video in about 3 months 😬

Omg the waffles topped with spinach and what looks like edamame beans… very ‘moroccan themed’ indeed Ruby!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 22
(sorry for double posting)

Even after the "cleaning" it still looks bad 🤢
Screenshot_20220327-151742.png

Screenshot_20220327-151750.png

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 29
Those were Felicity and Verity. I think she does have a cousin called Imogen, though if she also goes to Exeter that's news to me
Felicity, Verity, and Imogen. Good god. Give me a break, rich people.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Her stories doing the climbing wall thing just feel like a blatant body check.

she looks so frail im surprised she managed to do that at all
I actually think Blakeney looks even more frail than Ruby in those stories - her arms especially. It makes me wonder if they both just follow along with their ridiculous diets and don't see anything wrong with it

Reactions: 12
Untitled00.png

Right off the bat, Ruby gifts us with a glimpse of her new literary masterpiece, Lottie Parker's Friend is Gone Girl, or whatever the duck it's called.

It looks terrible, and it's clear that:

A. Ruby still struggles with basic grammar, punctuation, capitalisation, and so on. She can't figure out where punctuation goes in dialogue and "Maths" is occasionally "maths", and possibly "mAtHS" in the next, unseen page.
B. Ruby borrowed a bunch of tired YA main character archetypal tropes from those books she borrowed from the library to skim through and shat them onto the page.

Untitled10.jpg

Ruby yet again unfurls her yoga mat so carelessly and violently that the ensuing gust of air almost tears her collage of crap clean off the wall. It might not be the exact same footage as last time, but it might as well be.

She does some uncoordinated "yoga", risking 46 injuries at once.

Untitled11.jpg

This pose is called 'The Time-Turner'. Legend has it, if done correctly, you can open your 117th chakra and revert back to your childhood form once more. At least that's what Ruby read in some fanfiction once.

Untitled01.png

Ruby shows herself writing bulletpoint notes for her dissertation conclusion and it's full of hilarious bullshit.

Most notably, Ruby aims to wrap up 10,000 words of tangential, labyrinthine gibberish by introducing even more nonsensical ideas instead of tying everything off.

She also insisted on writing about Lewis Carroll's letters and the correspondence of other famous writers for her dissertation, even though it's barely relevant to her degree, so passionate was she about the prospect of delving into their letters and uncovering new details that would change future scholarship forever. She dragged her mum across the country to chauffer her and hold her hand on a Dark Macdemia investigation to look at original letter manuscripts for some reason. And after all that, her conclusion is just "you cannot look too closely at letters".

b3cqdwmrx6jqrj327ec5pcdgbxq6rvmv37o2xq6ot&rid=200w.gif

Ruby says she's reading something by "List Anley", who may or may not be a pseudonym for Liz Stanley.

Ruby announces that this person, whatever their actual name may be, is her "FAVOURITE ACADEMIC". Because Ruby's so entrenched in academia that she has to tier-rank her favourite academics, apparently, and she definitely not just trying to butter up a potential Masters supervisor for the future.

This "Lisstahhnlie" won't be too happy she's described as an "eppiss-tollury theorist", though, considering she's an uh-pistol-airy theorist, and generally academics probably aren't too impressed by faux gifted mush-minded fuckwits who can't pronounce anything right.

Untitled02.jpg

Floundering, shmoundering! Ruby's doing so well at her dissertation that she's thousands of words over the word count! Nothing to see here, she's definitely going to deliver a coherent piece of First-worthy academic literature!

But the work will have to wait! Ruby's going to see her new, previously-unmentioned-in-her-entire-life, definitely-not-fictional frAnd...Venerial Valeria?

The name of this new, absolutely, 100% real person gives off massive "I need to make up a name and I'll just look around for what's in eyeshot for ideas" energy.

maxresdefault.jpg

Gaia-Herbs_Valerian-Root.png

Ruby films herself grabbing library books before she leaves, and that's exactly how you want to see a book borrower treating books: Just leaving them on the filthy floor of their grimy hovel, with random coconut shavings/maggots/giant dandruff, weeds and general detritus sprinkled all over the carpet nearby.

Untitled03.jpg

Ruby's a true bookworm, in the sense that there are likely worms near all her books.

Untitled04.jpg

Ruby says she's walking to town, but also listening to an audiobook at the same time.

She's allegedly listening to 'The Psychology of Money'. Hopefully she also listens to the upcoming sequel, 'The Sociopathy of Stealing Charity Money'.

At this point, the video becomes harder to watch/listen to. Ruby's speeding up her narration again and the audio overlaps often, so the result is:

"ANDthanIdidthisANDthanIalsodidthisbutTHANthishappenedANDIdidallthethings -- ANDthanIdidmorethingsthananyoneelsecaneverthinkofdoing -- ANDthandidsomemoreANDthanIdidevenmore! AND!AND!AND!AND!"

timeless-renew-timeless.gif

I don't know if she thinks TALKINGSUPERFASTABOUTALLTHETHINGSATONCE will somehow trick people into thinking she's being super productive because a lot of non-information is being thrown out far too quickly and overloading people's brains, the same way she thinks sped-up time-lapse footage will fool people into believing she's being VARRY busy and productive even though she's just aimlessly pacing her room.

Or maybe it's just a cacophony of incompetence (which should be the title of her biography).

Either way, it's excruciating to sit through.

Untitled05.jpg

Ruby's out to prove Tattlers wrong yet again; she forced herself to study in a library for the first time ever, instead of taking up space in public cafés and not buying anything. Naturally, she claims to have done SYO MOCH dissertation WAHRK.

Untitled06.jpg

Ruby: "I'm just gyowing tyoo wahrk some mooore on my dissertation."
Ruby, two seconds later: "I acshually did some more wahrk on my dissertation."

Thrilling content, Ruby. Just riveting stuff. Twists, turns, suspense, intrigue. It's got it all. And this slosh-minded dipshit aspires to be a successful author of a mystery book.

A sample from her novel, if this video is anything to go by:

"We got a call from a jogger out on a morning walk," Detective Inspector Quaffleby-Smythe said. "He said there's a dead body next to the canal."
Detective Chief Inspector Bombleton considered his colleague's words. He looked down at the dead body next to the canal.
"There's a dead body next to the canal," he concluded.
As the two policemen studied the dead body next to the canal, which was definitely a dead body next to a canal, a cyclist sped by them on the canal path, shouting something as she passed.
"Officers!" she shrieked, pointing at the dead body at their feet, which was next to the canal. "There's a dead body next to the canal!"

Quaffleby-Smythe looked down. "She's right, you know."

Untitled07.jpg

After doing "lyots of waahrk" on the dissertation, which would've been written 50 times over if she was actually doing all the work she claimed to, she's broken the seal on lies and even more spill forth.

Ruby claims she did hours of work for "PONKIN' PRODOCKTIVVITEA", the stationery company she's again claiming she "runs", even though her involvement is almost non-existent and her management company owns and runs it.

She claims she's been working on the final edits for the next planner, implying that any work or changes go into those flimsy, cheaply-designed and produced wastes of paper other than a minor colour-swap and a date change. She's also under the illusion that people will buy another of her planners considering the previous disaster and the abundance of stock she's struggling to sells from last time.

Untitled08.jpg

And after a single minute that included five more instances of her saying "and THAN I did wahhrk on moiyyy dissertationnn..." , Ruby saying "JANuiely", her shoehorning in snack bar ads, pretending she cleans the kitchen and filming herself walking back and forth in the street, I dipped out.

It's all just the same tit over and over, which is nothing new, but even in the same video she's so repetitive. This tit is twenty minutes long, and so far nothing has happened besides the headache it gave me.

so-what-exactly-is-the-point-of-this-asking.gif

Untitled09.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 40
She'll score top. She'll definitely beat you, Lottie. I sanitise my hands under the desk and my knuckles sting. You didn't revise enough, Lottie. You're going to fail and then everyone will see how useless you really are.
Oh god...yet another character who is obsessed with appearing smart. What a surprise.

Reactions: 20
Oh god...yet another character who is obsessed with appearing smart. What a surprise.
Yup, only this time she's filtered her self-insert character through the lens of YA main character cliches.

It's still Ruby, but instead of Erimentha's delusional arrogance, this time the Ruby character is VARRY insecure that someone else might unfairly score higher, even though she still still gets all the highest grades.

The fact that she acknowledges that there are other intelligent people in existence who aren't teachers or herself is the most growth we can expect from Ruby as a writer, and even then it was probably her agent who suggested it.

Reactions: 14
This pose is called 'The Time-Turner'. Legend has it, if done correctly, you can open your 117th chakra and revert back to your childhood form once more.
👏

"We got a call from a jogger out on a morning walk," Detective Inspector Quaffleby-Smythe said. "He said there's a dead body next to the canal."
Detective Chief Inspector Bombleton considered his colleague's words. He looked down at the dead body next to the canal.
"There's a dead body next to the canal," he concluded.
As the two policemen studied the dead body next to the canal, which was definitely a dead body next to a canal, a cyclist sped by them on the canal path, shouting something as she passed.
"Officers!" she shrieked, pointing at the dead body at their feet, which was next to the canal. "There's a dead body next to the canal!"
Quaffleby-Smythe looked down. "She's right, you know."
I would read this book. :ROFLMAO: You could call it 'The Dead Body in the Canal'. The plot twist would be that the body's not in the canal, but next to it.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
All the talk about how flaky and dry her hands are and how they itch and bleed is making me uncomfortable. It's like when someone talks about lice and suddenly your scalp is itchy

who the f--- has a favourite academic? That is the opposite of how you should approach academia / academic writing.
That's exactly what I thought when I read that. You're a final year uni student, Ruby, not a 10 year old filling out a quiz in a magazine. You don't need to have a favourite everything.

Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.