Ruby Granger #25 Leaving all the books unread, chasing sponsorships instead

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't think 18 and 21 is too big of an age difference, but I can agree the fact that they've been pen pals for years and they met each other online is weird. Ruby seems to have very few friends her own age that are in university other than Blakeney. Her writing letters to girls that are younger than her that just recently finished school or are still in school is going to look weirder the older she gets. I do however think it's more concerning that she has a large audience of much younger girls and so many of the behviours she depicts in her videos are unhealthy and the advice she gives isn't helpful (at best) and can be damaging (at worst).

im new to this whole ruby girl so what happened with her & oxford?
Ruby applied to Oxford to study English in 2017 and was rejected, basically because she put too much emphasis on a study packet, isn't able to think originally, and therefore bombed her interview. There's speculation that she's tried to apply again for her master's and was again rejected or is planning to wait and apply again this year. We'll see. Personally I think she's definitely going to reapply for her Master's but her chances are pretty low.

Reactions: 11
I don't think 18 and 21 is too big of an age difference, but I can agree the fact that they've been pen pals for years and they met each other online is weird. Ruby seems to have very few friends her own age that are in university other than Blakeney. Her writing letters to girls that are younger than her that just recently finished school or are still in school is going to look weirder the older she gets. I do however think it's more concerning that she has a large audience of much younger girls and so many of the behviours she depicts in her videos are unhealthy and the advice she gives isn't helpful (at best) and can be damaging (at worst).

Ruby applied to Oxford to study English in 2017 and was rejected, basically because she put too much emphasis on a study packet, isn't able to think originally, and therefore bombed her interview. There's speculation that she's tried to apply again for her master's and was again rejected or is planning to wait and apply again this year. We'll see. Personally I think she's definitely going to reapply for her Master's but her chances are pretty low.
Why low chances? Work experience / EC wise or interview wise?

Reactions: 1
Ruby granger #26 Mother! Come collect me quick, those bullies don’t support my child-like act, they must be thick

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Screenshot_20220411-011519_Chrome.jpg

We've reached that stage in Ruby's predictable, repetitive cycle again where Ruby asks what she should be doing and what people want to see.

This will affect nothing and Ruby will selectively listen to the people telling her what she wants to hear. She'll keep making the same old rehashed photos of the sky, grimacing selfies, recycled routines and woefully incompetent vlogs, full of questionable, toxic bullshit.

Ruby, if you as a content creator have to ask people what content you should be making and what you're doing wrong every 6 months, can't think of a single new idea of your own and have no passion for anything at all, it's time to get off the internet and get a job.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
View attachment 1185264

We've reached that stage in Ruby's predictable, repetitive cycle again where Ruby asks what she should be doing and what people want to see.

This will affect nothing and Ruby will selectively listen to the people telling her what she wants to hear. She'll keep making the same old rehashed photos of the sky, grimacing selfies, recycled routines and woefully incompetent vlogs, full of questionable, toxic bullshit.

Ruby, if you as a content creator have to ask people what content you should be making and what you're doing wrong every 6 months, can't think of a single new idea of your own and have no passion for anything at all, it's time to get off the internet and get a job.
I'm dying for another dissertation disaster- oops, I mean diary.

Anything else I'm waiting for your summaries, @gossip_guy

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I'm guessing she's 18-19, based on a birthday cake post on her insta. Also am I the only one who thinks this girl looks eerily similar to Ruby?? She's like.... an alternate universe younger Ruby 😁 when I first saw the pics I had to double check what's going on hehe
Exactly what I thought. However, and after watching few videos, she seems way more independent and less childish than Ruby.

Reactions: 4
Guys it's official: Ruby has broken up with Waterstones.

View attachment 1185677
Never fear, James Daunt is also the managing director of Waterstones - she'd never stray too far!

I'd love to see Ruby actually explore some independent bookshops, living so close to London she has a goldmine at her fingertips. Up until recently they had the wonderful Persephone Books which was basically her aesthetic (but has now moved to Bath). Most of the independents wouldn't a) sponsor her b) stock her book though so I doubt they'd get a name drop.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
Was looking on Ruberoy's depop and saw her liking a whole bunch of Boston sweatshirts. Please GOD don't come here Ruby...just because Oxford rejected you doesn't mean that Harvard (or tufts, or emerson, or BU, or BC, or whatever millionth school is here) wants you too...

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Was looking on Ruberoy's depop and saw her liking a whole bunch of Boston sweatshirts. Please GOD don't come here Ruby...just because Oxford rejected you doesn't mean that Harvard (or tufts, or emerson, or BU, or BC, or whatever millionth school is here) wants you too...
I can see it now: Ruby standing crushed between dozens of drunk, sweating Red Sox fans coming home on the green line and then BAM! The T catches fire again. She would never recover 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Hardly convenient for coming home every weekend …

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
Hardly convenient for coming home every weekend …
"My parents were meeting some family friends of ours in the area, so they flew over to the States for the weekend and I met up with them and then accompanied them back home! I'll just be staying at home for one or two weeks though, for I have made a varry important Academic Resolution to spend more time in Boston this term. I want to spend at least a little bit of time in Boston every week! I will track this in Nyotion too. I truly am so lucky that my parents just happened to buy a cottage in Massachusetts recently. It does look so lovely and cozy in the autumn! Did you know that October is my favourite month?"

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
Ruby Granger trunk is packed back to mommy we go

Attention we have a new video looks like we are in for a treat a routine and a bag tour

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.