Ruby Granger #25 Leaving all the books unread, chasing sponsorships instead

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just a thought and I don't want to do the health speculation but... I mean, there might be a reason she's wearing jumpers and always complaining of being cold even when it's hot out, if you catch my drift.
Just wanted to say this. It is this reason why she could also look a lot older than her age.

Vahry bad advertising for veganism.

Reactions: 10
Some of Ruby’s Depop likes. She really seems to be leaning into the “nymphet” style of fashion
... which is also weird given her disinterest in/abstinence from all things romantic or sexual. The style of these outfits is innocent and seductive at the same time.
I don't like these old weirdos that comment on her videos. :sick: Some people find this clothing style particularly attractive.
That middle photo with the blue gingham outfit even has a copy of Lolita next to it, for Christ's sake.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
Why does everything with Ruby have to be bleeping weird?
This. Sometimes she makes me want to bang my head against the wall and ask “WHYY CAN’T YOU JUST BEHAVE LIKE A NORMAL HUMAN?!”😩

Sometimes I feel sorry for her and feel bad about some of the stuff that gets said about her online, but she brings it on herself, she really does.

Reactions: 18
This. Sometimes she makes me want to bang my head against the wall and ask “WHYY CAN’T YOU JUST BEHAVE LIKE A NORMAL HUMAN?!”😩

Sometimes I feel sorry for her and feel bad about some of the stuff that gets said about her online, but she brings it on herself, she really does.
She’s promoting/exhibiting some pretty harmful things, despite having been told over and over again how problematic they are (toxic productivity, food restriction, body checking, to name a few) AND making money off of it, often in some pretty sketchy ways… every time I start feeling sorry for her, I remind myself of this. She’s laughing all the way to the bank and doesn’t need our pity.

Reactions: 27
Some of Ruby’s Depop likes. She really seems to be leaning into the “nymphet” style of fashion
TW for ED mention (sorry, the "spoiler" button isn't working):

Those clothes would be fine on their own I guess. But I find that aside from sexualising and romanticising Lolita, that particular... style? Internet subculture? includes a lot of thinspo-type content. It's generally pretty terrible all round.

Reactions: 13
She’s promoting/exhibiting some pretty harmful things, despite having been told over and over again how problematic they are (toxic productivity, food restriction, body checking, to name a few) AND making money off of it, often in some pretty sketchy ways… every time I start feeling sorry for her, I remind myself of this. She’s laughing all the way to the bank and doesn’t need our pity.
I know, and there’s no excuses for her triggering pro Ana content. But sometimes I wonder whether comments she got online fed into causing her mental health issues. But also, she’s just so different from most people, which I think is a difference she nurtures deliberately and I don’t think that deliberate isolation helps her at all 😩

Reactions: 6
I find the clothes to be revealing for her usual fashion 'sense'. But if she's losing weight and wanting to bodycheck/show off... these outfits make sense.

Reactions: 5
Why does everything with Ruby have to be bleeping weird?
what I find weird from Ruby isn't exactly what she interacts with online, it's the hollistic view of it. when you take in consideration how she behaves on her videos and what she says, it just seems like there's this disconnection between what she thinks she's doing and what she's actually doing. like she's unaware of herself. I'll even go out as far as to say that she doesn't even "do" anything online, she just "tries to", in the sense that you can tell how fake and forced everything is, in her hopes of building her persona as this fragile yet passionate, delicate but hardworking person

Reactions: 27
I might be reaching a lot, but I think it also has to do with not having close people irl..like some friend that would check on her pins or anything and check her behaviour, talk to her about it, provide any kind of support and insights. Like for example selling dirty clothes...a friend wouldn't judge her as harshly (not unfairly tho) as we do here and would know of course more about her mental state and her capacities.
When I'm saying check on her I don't mean out of concern but casually oh let's see what my friend Ruby is up to.
So these problematic behaviours are only spotted by tattlers or by her fans who obviously don't see them as wrong because they lack the age and the experience (along with the parasocial relationships that they develop with internet personas etc) and she goes on with her usual ways.

Reactions: 22
It's been over a week since she's filmed a video. I wonder if she's really hard at work on that disastertation.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
It's been over a week since she's filmed a video. I wonder if she's really hard at work on that disastertation.
If she doesn’t post one this weekend, I’m going to assume she’s floundering just as much if not more than we imagine.

Reactions: 8
If she doesn’t post one this weekend, I’m going to assume she’s floundering just as much if not more than we imagine.
Also, if she hasn't thought to pay someone to write it for her, it's probably too late now. She must be panicking.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Honestly if she's focusing on writing her dissertation over compiling low-quality videos full of ads and lies, then good for her! I for one don't mind a break from the madness. But I think it's a bit weird that she hasn't announced the break? Like don't youtubers normally post a short heads-up like 'there won't be a video this week but I'll be back to my posting schedule next week'?

Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.