Ruby Granger #25 Leaving all the books unread, chasing sponsorships instead

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
what I find weird from Ruby isn't exactly what she interacts with online, it's the hollistic view of it. when you take in consideration how she behaves on her videos and what she says, it just seems like there's this disconnection between what she thinks she's doing and what she's actually doing. like she's unaware of herself.
Exactly! As weird and unhealthy as they were, I think only her 14 hour study day videos somehow actually came off as polished and kind of unique production wise, and that's where most people found her. The whole other time it is almost painful to watch her try to be an influencer and fail. It is relatable, but not in the way she intends. I know for sure that often my own outfits, make-up, social media posts etc. don't end up looking how I would like, but I also don't have her money, time and technology.

We all _know_ the look she is going for in her "aesthetic", cottagecore is as mainstream as it gets right now. With some better editing, picture and video filters and video scripts she could so easily achieve it, but for some reason it rarely works out. It is both fascinating and a little scary.

Reactions: 13
I don't know why people think she'd pay someone to write her essay. Yes she might be struggling with her dissertation but Ruby always emphasises work, work, work. Look at her "writing 10,000 words a day" video — the end result appears less important than the work put into it. In my opinion, good grades are her way of validating all the work she does.

I also have to question how many people actually do buy essays. It could be incredibly common, I don't know. But my uni preaches against it so often, and I imagine Exeter would be the same — Ruby wouldn't be foolish enough to do that when it has such severe consequences and would completely ruin her reputation.

Reactions: 23
I don't know why people think she'd pay someone to write her essay. Yes she might be struggling with her dissertation but Ruby always emphasises work, work, work. Look at her "writing 10,000 words a day" video — the end result appears less important than the work put into it. In my opinion, good grades are her way of validating all the work she does.

I also have to question how many people actually do buy essays. It could be incredibly common, I don't know. But my uni preaches against it so often, and I imagine Exeter would be the same — Ruby wouldn't be foolish enough to do that when it has such severe consequences and would completely ruin her reputation.
I just dont think she could mentally handle a bad dissertation grade. And she's always taking shortcuts. She's not a hardworker. She just portrays herself as one.

Reactions: 13
I just dont think she could mentally handle a bad dissertation grade. And she's always taking shortcuts. She's not a hardworker. She just portrays herself as one.
Sure but I don’t think any of that points to her paying someone to do her dissertation. miss goody two shoes would never dare risk getting in trouble by paying someone else to do her work for her.

Reactions: 20
There's a huge leap of logic from 'she's left too much to the last minute' to 'she's going to pay someone to do it for her'. The work she shows herself doing on camera isn't necessarily reflective of what she's actually doing. And she's always cobbled together essays from seminars, talking to Blakeney, and Frankensteining articles she finds online. I don't think there's a reason to believe she'd pay someone else when she could just do what she's always been doing.

Reactions: 16
Sure but I don’t think any of that points to her paying someone to do her dissertation. miss goody two shoes would never dare risk getting in trouble by paying someone else to do her work for her.
I don't think she's paying someone to do it, I think she's doing it herself and that's why it seems she's struggling so much and falling behind. If someone else was doing it in her place she'd put up a better façade

Reactions: 19
I still feel that we'll get a grade reaction video showing Ruby getting a first and I'm trying to think how this might be possible. One thing that ocurred to me is she could be floundering/seemingly procrastinating to appear more relatable to her audience. When asked about her diss topic, Ruby was evasive and I think she's worried about people stealing her ideas (lol, as if!), so maybe she's completed most of the essay already? We know she's never truthful about timescales for projects. It would explain why she's so laid back, churning out all of these videos and editing her book instead of writing her dissertation. Just speculation.

P.S That video she's editing is titled 'Week in My Life' because apparently we haven't had enough of those.

Nobody: Gosh I wonder what a week in Ruby Granger's life would be like! Such mystery! Much drama!
The Roob: Great news! I have a HIGHLY requested video explaining my weekly routine!
😒

Content Guesses:
-Opens with the recycled footage/intro of her reading a book, lighting a candle, etc etc.
-CANDLES. Bendy candles, small candles, lighting bendy candles with the lighter, lighting small candles with the lighter, extinguishing bendy candles, extinguishing small candles, morning candles, evening candles, weekend candles. Just a bunch of candles.
-CLOCKS. Threatening, aggressively ticking clocks. Clocks that stare into the viewer's soul. Clocks moving at unnerving speed. Clocks edging closer to the screen. Background clocks, lurking just in case. Foreground clocks, keeping an eye on the studying. Big Brother is benign clocks are watching you study productively.
-TEA. Will the tea be banana-y enough? Will rooibos be pronounced roybush, ruubush, or roo-i-boss? Will there be matcha? On a scale of decibels, how loud will the slurping noises be?
-ADS. I wonder which lucky companies will be blessed with one of Ruby's ad segments this time? Will we see the box of snack bars, the Nord VPN cafe routine, the Burn & Bend taste testing complete with visually offensive gurning? Maybe this time she'll combine 4 ads in one and we'll witness her using Nord VPN, while eating snack bars and drinking b&b tea, getting grease all over the laptop screen (of course) and muddying her new Miss Patina lolita skirt.
-An explanation that the Lolita clothing is relevant to her dissertation, ACKSHULLY. You see, the clothing references the Nabokov novel. The character Humbert Humbert was a massive appreciator of youth, as was Lewis Carroll, therefore they have a connection. Not only that, these clothes could be considered gifts. Lewis Carroll was very into gift-giving and indeed his latters could be thought of as gifts.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I would literally pay money to be a fly on the wall during one of her discussions with her supervisor

• Haha
Reactions: 17
She'll either post a totally OTT video pretending she hasn't seen the grade yet and make it into a massive deal if she gets a first or if not, she'll never mention it again. I can't see her not posting a reaction video though.

Reactions: 3
Again, everytime I sit down to do my uni work, Ruby has either just posted a video or have a video scheduled.

Reactions: 6
Her stories doing the climbing wall thing just feel like a blatant body check.

she looks so frail im surprised she managed to do that at all

Reactions: 4
I'm almost completely brand new to Ruby so I'm just getting up to speed with what she's all about. Who is this Blakeney character? Am I getting the wrong end of the stick in that I'm sensing romantic sort of vibes between Ruby and Blakeney?

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Video is up! Bodychecking, blatantly obvious small portions of food, oh and suddenly she has so many friends and such an active social life! And cleans the kitchen!

Also lots of footage of her walking somewhere and then walking back, I’m sure the clouds won’t suspiciously line up at all 🙃 Gifted tea and snack bars.

The editing seems slightly less shoddy than normal, possibly because she’s apparently filming videos for the Exeter archive as part of her internship and has had to learn to avoid jarring cuts and volume changes.

I shall now dive back in for a second watch and some screenshots 👀

Reactions: 20
1648398829626.png

:LOL:

Yeah, who are Esme and Imogen? I can't recall them being mentioned before in her videos.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
View attachment 1154317
:LOL:

Yeah, who are Esme and Imogen? I can't recall them being mentioned before in her videos.
Aren’t they her cousins? Or school-friends? No idea but I’m sure she has mentioned them before (but a looooong time ago).

Also, in the comments someone is wishing Ruby a happy Mother’s Day. What a weird thing to do.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I'm almost completely brand new to Ruby so I'm just getting up to speed with what she's all about. Who is this Blakeney character? Am I getting the wrong end of the stick in that I'm sensing romantic sort of vibes between Ruby and Blakeney?
Blakeney is also studying English lit at Exeter. She shares a student house with Ruby. They're 'best friends' but no romantic vibes. Tattlers have been noticing that Ruby's display of friendship seems pretty intense and many other followers assume they're a couple. Easy mistake to make. :p

Aren’t they her cousins? Or school-friends? No idea but I’m sure she has mentioned them before (but a looooong time ago).
Were they the twins that appeared in a few of her old videos? Or am I confusing them with someone else?

Reactions: 4
looking at one of the shots of her planner

i didn't know painting your nails was an admin task but go off i guess

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.