Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

zoeanned

She's so fucking passive aggressive
She responded to my comment where I said I wasn’t keen on the “Tea Time with Ruby” segment by informing me that the segment was “only 2 minutes 37 seconds long” and that hopefully I’d enjoyed the rest of video 🙄

Genuinely slays me every time I remember 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 45

Ilaariaa

VIP Member
Wait why is she making "flashcards on Carroll"? Is that for her dissertation? Will the flashcards be included with her dissertation as bonus content? xD
Her dissertation is just a block of flashcards written in crayon, held together by a lopsided ribbon with a dead fly stuck to a corner

• Haha
Reactions: 44

gossip_guy

VIP Member
Un8098890.0323009123798901329.jpg

Ruby: "I wanted to try something new."
Also Ruby: (Makes the exact same video she's made 5.7 billion times before.)

• Haha

gossip_guy

VIP Member
''Silver like the midday sun on a Tuscan sea.'' Is she hallucinating? It's silver like the midday sun on a pile of mud.

Er anyway, I saw her recent post about homesickness:

View attachment 1120882

Mixed feelings about this. On the one hand, it is important to look after your mental health, and if this is what Ruby needs to do to cope then fair enough. However, the line 'there's nothing wrong with it at all' sets of alarm bells. It feels like she's regressed and is content to do what's comfortable, rather than challenging herself to grow. Ruby's just given herself permission to stay at home indefinitely and I don't think that'll be good for her in the long-term. But if her mental health has got worse recently then I guess the decision makes sense.
Yeah, it's definitely not beneficial for Ruby overall to simply give in to being completely dependent on the presence of her parents and only being happy if she's home acting like a child (she looks absolutely miserable at all other times).

Acting like only going home two times in a month and a half is a major accomplishment, complete with smug, grinning Insta photo, is bizarre. She's acting like she just got her 1 month chip for staying clean from alcohol or a gambling addiction. It's insane.

Untitled7687.jpg

(Yes, Ruby, you really showed your critics bullies by only going home twice this term. Y'know, not counting all the family trips, meet-ups and Devon holidays inbetween that you failed to mention. Or the other times you went home that you just lied about and reposted old photos of your Exeter desk over the weekend to make it seem like you stayed at uni. But go you, you really showed everyone!)

Homesickness is normal. If you enjoy the company of your family and like to visit them often, that's cool, too. But there's a line, and a point where that becomes weird, worrying and totally impractical. For Ruby, it's massively detrimental to her independent growth. She's refused to spend time away from her family, and now she's practically incapable of spending time away from her family. University was her time to get used to independence and grow as a person. She's completely squandered the opportunity in every way.

Ruby neglects to mention that alongside running home from Exeter every single weekend, she almost always gets her parents to drive from Buckingham to Exeter to collect her and drive her home.

She also supplements her visits home by often dragging her parents to Devon so they're right next to Exeter and she can stay with them yet again (she did that again a week or so ago, which she naturally doesn't mention here). They're wealthy adults who I'm sure would love to travel somewhere new, and I highly doubt they'd be going to Devon every other week if Ruby weren't in Exeter stomping her feet and crying if they don't.

On the rare occasions she goes somewhere else, she gets her parents to drive hundreds of miles and several hours out of their way take her, even though she could easily get the train herself. And she preaches sustainability while making her parents burn tanks of petrol a week unnecessarily.

She sends a letter to her mother every single day, despite nothing worthwhile or notable happening in her life on a day-to-day basis, and even though she'll be seeing her mother that very weekend when or before the letters arrive. She has her mother put together expensive-to-ship care packages of commonplace bullshit from the kitchen like spices that she could easily buy from a shop in Exeter (or collect when she goes home days later).

That's not homesickness, it's more of her retreat-into-childhood, 'I'm an 11 year-old at boarding school!' cosplay nonsense. But the more she does it, the less equipped she'll be when the adult world comes knocking after graduation. And for someone who's constantly complaining about having not enough time and is falling behind on major uni work, wasting time on 6 hour round trips home should be the least of her priorities.

Her framing it like it's essential for her mental health to be with her parents constantly is either a massive red flag that she needs massive amounts of therapy, or (more likely) it's just her pre-empting criticism - it's for her mental health, so if anyone mentions how strange it is to be so compulsively dependent on the presence of her parents, they're bullies!

People aren't criticising you for being homesick at uni and going home often, Ruby. They're criticising you because you're a wealthy 21 year-old who claims to run a business and is a self-proclaimed master of productivity and planning - someone who as an influencer claims she's qualified to educate young people on all manner of things and how to live their life - and you can't function without your parents nearby every single day and can't do a single thing by yourself.

They make fun because you act like a spoilt child about the whole situation, expecting your parents drive across the country just to chaperone you everywhere, and looking like a petulant toddler about to burst into tears when you have to get the train by yourself:

Screenshot_20211202-110545_YouTube.jpg

They comment on it because you lie about it so much, framing family outings as "solo trips" or just neglecting to mention that your parents were hovering off-camera. The recurring "my mummy and daddy drove me because they just happened to be in the neighbourhood, hundreds of miles from their home!" lie will never not be hilarious.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart

gossip_guy

VIP Member
I think you and many people here will make a bad comment about anything she is related with. I love this forum but sometimes I genuinely feel like ya all are talking shit just for the sake of talking shit. Like for example when she donated money to Ukraine, Ya all were like "wElL wHeRe'S thE pRoOf?" Did Jack Edwards and few other influencers that conducted the donations through livestream show you receipts? Wasn't it directly connected to the fundraiser? Besides this, I am sick of people judging her home-life without one single fucking idea what goes behind closed doors. Yeah she goes home a lot, yeah we can easily make an assumption she is a cry-baby that needs to be close to papa and mama, but now we know from her mother's poem that her father isn't exactly a fucking saint, so what if Ruby's mother needs her support or company to get through? What if Ruby is just being there for a loved one, because we have no idea how toxic her family life is and all we see is her slowly expiring in front of her bloody laptop. I am going "HELL YEAH" when ya all calling out Ruby for being a bloody liar etc, but there's always a limit to everything. Don't drag someone down just because you "need" to, you don't have to force yourself to DESPISE every single shit she does. She's a human like all of us, she has both good and bad inside of her.
When an influencer has a storied history of taking money from or for charities and either not returning it or not passing it on to its intended recipient, and lying their ass off for months so that they can keep said money, then the onus is absolutely on them to prove that they're actually donating any more money they claim to.

Don't forget, there's still been zero proof that Ruby has donated any of the ad revenue or returned any of the money she accepted in situations where she handled the money herself. For the Ukraine charity, it was the one outlier where the money went direct to the cause, and it was telling that Ruby threw together a half-assed livestream with zero fanfare and looked miserable the whole time.

In the case of the Holocaust charity, she came up with the most wildly dubious lies to keep the money. So forgive people for expecting proof when she does it over and over again, and only puts effort into charity drives when there's a chance for her to keep the money.

Other influencers like Jack Edwards or Holly Gabrielle get their own fair share of shit too, but they have their own threads for that, and while both of them have major issues, neither of them have gone to the extreme lengths Ruby has to take and keep charity money on multiple occasions, or lie so much about so many things in her content, so naturally they won't get criticised when they do charitiy fundraisers.

If Ruby did it once, realised her mistake and then apologised, returned the money and moved on, it would've been quickly forgotten. But she didn't. She lied and lied and then kept swindling charity money at every opportunity. She earned herself a scarlet letter 'C' and people are naturally going to raise an eyebrow and ask questions whenever she gets involved with another charity given her history.

We don't know what happens behind closed doors, so we only have Ruby's content and actions to go by.

So far I've seen her take money from multiple charities and lie to avoid giving it back.

I've seen her fabricate the timescales of almost all her videos to make it seem like she accomplishes far more than any of her viewers, and then respond to their comments of shock and disappointment that they work themselves ragged and still can't do as much with smug, condescending words.

I've seen her breach ad rules in almost every one of her videos this year and beyond.

But most damningly, I've seen her encourage toxic, dangerously unhealthy eating and working habits and directly advise young viewers to simply drink lots of water and eat dry snacks all day while working themselves to the bone in pursuit of daily accomplishments that physically aren't possible. And she's done this non-stop despite being directly told the harmful impact it's having and being asked to stop by people affected so many times.

There might be things going on that excuse the damage she does to herself, but there's no excuse for the toxic habits and damage she passes on to others. That's deliberate, it's done knowingly, and there's zero excuse for it. In my eyes, she's absolutely a bad person. Nobody's perfect, but Ruby often goes so far over the line to lie, cheat and steal that I fail to see how anything happening off-screen can justify that behavior.

I'd give praise where it's due for Ruby, but let's be honest, when was the last time Ruby did anything good without caveats or having to be dragged kicking and screaming to take part if there was nothing in it for her? When was the last time showcased even a modicum of effort or growth in any of her content? When was the last time her content wasn't full of lies, laziness and undeclared ads?

This is a gossip site, and a section reserved for roasting influencers. Naturally, the comments are going to be overwhelmingly negative. If you expect glowingly positive praise, this is the wrong place and you'd be better off browsing her comments sections.

• Heart

Thedudeabides

Chatty Member
I think you guys are far too nice worrying about her future. She is completely privileged having several income streams backed up by the bank of mummy and daddy. I personally had to work during weekends at Uni so didn't have the choice to go back home even if I wanted to. She will be fine living in her bubble and is financially more secure than all the people contributing to this thread combined. She is being enabled to stay like a child and I don't care if she lives like this for the next 50 years.

Reactions: 43

Hot_Dogs_Or_Toes

Chatty Member
OT but shouldnt roobee be graduating before the summer? Any news on what is she planning on doing afterwards? (obviously studying) but has she mentioned anything concrete/plans on what degree/which uni?
I believe she said she is going to go on a wild summer of lots of casual sex and hard drugs. I think she said that but I'll admit I might be mistaken :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 43

gossip_guy

VIP Member
I feel like I haven’t properly seen the video as there’s no recap 🥺
I'd intended to do one when she uploaded, but this honestly might be the worst, most profoundly boring video that Ruby has ever made, and any recap feels entirely redundant.

But if it keeps one person from watching her videos, I suppose it's worth it. (For real, though, if you've ever seen a Ruby routine video, you should skip this - it's all the same old bullshit.)

Untitled00054.jpg

There's no intro for this video. We open on dead silent footage of a grim and dreary Exeter street, text slowly fading in on-screen.

This is no time for fanfare or even a modicum of effort. This a solemn day of mourning. Ruby's academic life is crumbling before her eyes and adulthood is upon her, so she just tossed together some bullshit to hit her arbitrary quota for YouTube content then went back to crying to her mummy on the phone about how unfair it is that she has to grow up.

Ruby claims that she has only two weeks left at uni, which sounds completely wrong since she should have another couple of months left in her academic year, but who knows what nonsensical concept of timekeeping and what version of reality she's working with - it certainly isn't the same one every other human being uses.

She also claims that this will be her last ever university morning routine! Which is 100% lies.

Untitled000549808.png

In the comments for this video, she claims yet again she's planning on doing a Master's. So more university routines are definitely on her agenda if she gets in, since that's the only kind of video she makes.

But regardless, more glaring is the thinly-veiled threat contained within her announcement: "This is actually my last ever university morning routine!" She makes no mention of this being her last ever university routine in general, so she's absolutely going to churn out 'final university daily routine (cramming 128 hours into 1 day syooparr productive edition!)' and 'last ever university night routine (reading 4,596 books in one evening)' videos before the month is done.

It's a horrifying prospect, since this video is indescribably dull. It's basically a greatest laziest hits compilation of her other routine videos, and if you told me she'd just pieced it together from clips of her old ones, I'd totally believe you.

There's staged footage of Ruby "waking up" at 6:45, even though there's no way she's up before 8am regularly.

She goes to chug a glass of dusty, dusty water that's been sat out overnight.

Untitled00054980000.jpg

The footage is blurry as fuck, because after like 7 years of this shit, Ruby still has the filmmaking skills of a wild monkey: It might be able to hold a camera and put it down places and mimic human behaviour, but mostly it'll spend its time breaking things, pottering around in filth and flinging shit at things to see where it'll stick.

But that's probably not a fair comparison; monkeys display intelligence and can be trained to complete complex tasks.

Anyway, even through the hazy blur of the footage, we can clearly see that Ruby is pretending to drink from an empty glass.

Untitled0080990.jpg

And then she films herself chugging more water from a flask, because she's gotta pad this shit somehow and her appetite won't suppress itself.

Untitled00809944.jpg

"I lyove making myself smile forrr THARTY seconds to a minute because it DOES release endorphins apparentleee and I always DYOO JANuinely feel happier," she says. Ruby might want to tell her face that, because the miserable mood that's on display in every waking moment of her life is only sporadically interrupted by grimacing, forced smiles.

f5s9KAM.gif

And it's just more of the same rehashed lies and bullshit from there.
  • She pretends to "make her bed" - translation: adjusts the duvet slightly, changes no sheets or bedding ever.
  • She does awkward, bodychecking yoga.
Untitled00800=-9944.jpg

The forced smiling clearly worked wonders on her mood - she looks absolutely fucking miserable, and unfurls her yoga mat so violently and carelessly that her shitty dark macademia wall "murial" almost tears itself off the wall in the resulting gust of air.

She shows off her grimy sink and pretends to read while brushing her teeth. It's completely disgusting, and it's no less stupid or more believable the 764th time around. 30 seconds of a 5 minute videos is her brushing her teeth.

She goes on an unhinged ramble about how dressing up makes you feel the day is important.

Ruby in this video: "I think if you waahr something noice, it's like subconsciously telling yourself thaaat the dayyy issss importanttt."
Ruby in her godawful 'Outfit Essentials' bodychecking montage video: "When you waahr something noice, youu areee EFFACTIVELY telling yourself thaaat the dayyy is WARTH something."

She repeats her words from older videos practically verbatim, with the same dragging-out-her words 'drunk on ethanol' cadence. It not only adds to the lazy, recycled feel of this video, but it's as though she read this somewhere once, memorised it and now spouts it as gospel. It's nonsense.

If dressing up nice make you feel happier and more confident, that's awesome. But if you're a nurse, or a surgeon, or an electrical engineer, or a sewer worker, or a waste collector, or a tradesperson or any number of skilled professionals or essential workers, you might not dress head to toe in fashionable clothing and you might often spend your day literally soaked in blood, sweat and tears, and yet your job is still vital and your day infinitely worthwhile. And if you simply dress down for your own comfort, that has value, too.

Ruby putting so much emphasis on her Victorian schoolgirl cosplay outfits making her day meaningful is just her superficial approach to life talking. It's also yet more of her trying to distract from her days being utterly meaningless and full of pointless busywork.

killing-eve-this-is-so-boring.gif

She continues the deja-vu routine rehash by showing she's having yet another prison food breakfast of "pour-idge". She claims Blakeney made it, but there's no sign of Blakeney in this video.

Ruby makes deep-in-denial excuses why Blakeney no longer spends time with her.

"We used to have breakfast together all the time but we don't do that very often anymore. It's just because we've both had things on!" Ruby says once again.

Meanwhile, Blakeney goes and works at her job and does her own uni work while Ruby fucks around playing with tea, candles and Dickensian chambermaid dress-up all morning. But they're equally busy. Sure, Jan.

Untitled008-0=-0=44.jpg

She does her weird skincare routine of showing off gifted products and using her jade roller thing, which is about as effective as rubbing any random object on your face. TV remotes. Pebbles from the yard. A glass of orange juice. The gear-shift knob from a car. A golf ball. Literally any household object with a smooth or round surface will have the exact same effect if you rub it against your face as this thing.

Ruby in her 'Daily Tasks' video: "I digitally declutter my desktop AVVERY DAY!"

And yet:

Untitled008-0=-0=40=-4.jpg

Ruby says she's started putting a fullscreen image of a "really noice painting" on her laptop. Apparently it's a way to encourage herself to look at more art. So, naturally, she puts it on-screen and doesn't look at it at all.

Untitled0890809.jpg

Ruby has no interest in art and never goes outside her comfort zone to visit galleries or museums (unless she's inviting herself along on Blakeney's trips with her friends). This is just more lies for the sake of appearing scholarly and cultured. The second the camera is off, Ruby will go back to looking at pictures of her role models: Fictional children, aged 9-12.

She makes tea. She proclaims she ALWAYS does things she often never does (drinks green tea for breakfast in this case - it's almost never just green tea).

Untitled08908090-9.png

She advertises the 'Ponkaproduckvatea' planner with a fabricated page full of grand plans and accomplishments to make it seem like she's being productive when she definitely won't do any of them.

Note the pristine quality of the planner that she's supposedly been using for months - this is 100% a new/barely used one she keeps in a drawer and uses to create fake entries like this, she doesn't use her own planners otherwise.

And the seen-it-all-before shit continues.
  • She lights candles with gas lighter because sustainability.
  • She pretends she does laundry every day, but says this is a '2 minute or less task', proving that she's never done laundry in her life.
  • She tells us she accomplished many, many things off-screen (worked on her dissertation, her book, her creative writing projACKT), but shows none of this and offers no further detail other than claiming she did it.
  • She chugs more water.
Un8098099.jpg

She crams in more blatant, undeclared ads for snack bars.

For some reason she keeps bagged fruit slices in a random hamper - part of her LARPing boarding school fetish, no doubt. They're supposed to be stored in a cool, dry place. You're not supposed to store them in a hamper by a radiator in your swampy, condensation-filled bedroom like a fucking lunatic.

Ruby: "I ALWAYS disinFACT my DASK and laptop."

And yet:

Un8098890099.png

Un8098890091231329.png

She blows out candle, films wisps of smoke for an awkwardly long time.

Un8098890.03230091231329.png

Ruby left herself a note on AXE-ATAR University post-its, lest she forget the insight and wisdom that her brain had conjured up that day.

"Letters treat people as individuals. They operate as gifts. Not just correspondence, but made to be treasured and re-read."

This is going to be her tenuous link between Lewis Carroll's letters and gift culture, and it doesn't give any more indication that she's happened across any good ideas or coherent structure for her dissertation.

And since she has to prove she goes for a walk AVVERY SINGLE DAY, she fucks around filming herself in the street, perching her camera on someone's parked car and risking death by speeding traffic as she backs out into the road.

Un8098890.03230091238901329.jpg

giphy.gif

The only thing she didn't manage to shoehorn in from her predictable repertoire is a visit to Waterstones and 47 different outfits, so you know that her 'LASTEST EVEREST DAILY UNIVARSITEE ROOTEEN VIDEEOO' will be 8 minutes of the Waterstones logo and 11 minutes of outfit changes.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42

StatusWoe

VIP Member
Besides this, I am sick of people judging her home-life without one single fucking idea what goes behind closed doors. Yeah she goes home a lot, yeah we can easily make an assumption she is a cry-baby that needs to be close to papa and mama, but now we know from her mother's poem that her father isn't exactly a fucking saint, so what if Ruby's mother needs her support or company to get through? What if Ruby is just being there for a loved one, because we have no idea how toxic her family life is and all we see is her slowly expiring in front of her bloody laptop.
Honestly I agree with some of this. I may be in the minority here but I've never thought Ruby is a bad person. She's sheltered and is definitely irresponsible with her influence, what with her promotion of a lifestyle that's unhealthy in multiple ways. But while there are some influencers who I genuinely think are bad people and who I really dislike (cough Chris Ingham), mostly I just feel a mixture of angry and sad for Ruby. Yes her promotion of these tiny meals and excessive exercise and what have you anger me, but I also do feel sad for her. She seems lonely and caught up in her own head. I feel like she's escaping home so much because she craves comfort and stability. I follow along with this thread because I am engaged in her but I also worry about her mental health. I wish for her recovery I really do.
Half in agreement with these posts. The world of online influencers is incredibly toxic, and judged by these standards Ruby's content is relatively harmless. I mean, she's hardly comparable to the likes of Jake Paul. I used to feel a lot more sympathy with Ruby because I thought she seemed sweet and felt worried that her mental health wasn't the best. I sympathise with anyone struggling with anxiety because I've been there and it sucks. However, I also think that sometimes we see people struggling and make excuses for behaviour that's genuinely out of line. For example, the only reason people are asking to see receipts for the Ukraine donation is because Ruby has lied frequently about trivial things to the point where nobody here trusts her anymore. She frequently uses charitable causes to further her social media brand but shows zero actual commitment to these. Instead, Ruby will place herself at the centre of these posts and it often leads to insensitive 'white saviour' type content. Holocaust Memorial video was the worst example of this, but let's not forget her hypocritical comments about fast fashion, despite continuing to buy from less-than-ethical brands. And the UNICEF video, etc. You can't just latch onto causes and use other people's suffering to further your own image as a 'good person'.

Aside from these issues, I also stopped making excuses for Ruby when I saw how unkindly she behaved towards her followers with EDs. She's very much aware of ED behaviours and triggers, many people have asked her to stop making content that actively triggers their eating disorder, yet Ruby has increased her ED baiting content. That's as far from kindness as you can get. The same applies to people with anxiety saying that her ridiculously high-speed narration means they can't watch her videos anymore. She asked what she could do to improve, the followers answered, she disregarded their feelings. People who bought her planners encountered the same reaction, with Ruby now posting about creating new planners when some people are still waiting for refunds for the ones they haven't received - again, showing zero care for other people. Setting up a book group for fans and then refusing to answer any of their messages is hardly considerate either.

Just to add more to the list of problematic stuff: a lot of Ruby's behaviour comes across as very self-centered. At first I gave her the benefit of the doubt because it's her job as a youtuber to post about her life and her channel may not be a full reflection of her lifestyle. Since then she's increased the number of ads per video. At this point she couldn't get more money-grabbing and materialistic. Ruby shows no thought when it comes to accepting ads - she'll accept all of them. In the middle of a huge cost of living crisis, she's gleefully accepting boxes full of snack bars, laptops, free drinks, piles of clothes. There was that video where she went shopping right after Christmas because apparently a room full of presents isn't enough to see her through January. Speaking of the planners, wasn't she charging like £6 for a single piece of ribbon? Money. Grabbing. Ruby tracks everything she does obsessively and I just don't think it's good to be so hyper focused on your daily routine. A world exists outside of the Roobeeverse!

There's also the arrogance and inability to accept constructive criticism (including disagreeing with tutors' marking). Let's face it, Ruby has always looked down on people who are not like her: less academic = less intelligent, students who go to parties = badly behaved, students who drink alcohol = people to avoid, girls who wear makeup = shallow. She can't stand anyone being more informed than her and I think it's a super unlikeable trait.

So, I don't think I can agree that Ruby's not a bad person. She's definitely not the worst person and I'm sure she has good qualities, but I can't look past all of the crappy things she's done.

Last point, I promise - I can't speak for anyone else, but I joined because I found these threads entertaining. Threads about a genuinely terrible person (like an abuser or something) wouldn't be something I'd follow because the issues would be too serious for the kind of humour in those amazing Erimentha recaps or the Gossip Guy summaries. Complaining about trivia is fine as long as it's funny imo.

Apologies for the absolute dissertation I've just written. Congrats to anyone who got to the end. 👏😂

• Heart
Reactions: 42

gossip_guy

VIP Member
Is that a heart after 'Anna'? ❤ or is she doodling?!
Quite sad if somebody you like becomes an admin task...
Ruby often crams her family and friends in the 'admin' section, so it's no surprise really.

It's equal parts her detached, clinical and robotic way of dealing with other people (like tracking their habits, tastes and probably their movements) and her not understanding what the word "admin" means. She thinks it means general small tasks and errands.

Also:

Untitled.jpg

"dirty mirror"

Maybe try cleaning it then, you filthy swamp troll?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 41

gossip_guy

VIP Member
I believe she said she is going to go on a wild summer of lots of casual sex and hard drugs. I think she said that but I'll admit I might be mistaken :ROFLMAO:
That was just her fake accent talking; she was actually talking about a wild summer of casual socks and horded rags. It's an easy mistake to make.

• Haha

teflonpanda

Chatty Member
Off-topic but I was watching a ballet documentary on youtube to relax and when the "Dance of the Little Swans" music came on I immediately broke out in a cold sweat. Was fully expecting to hear a harrowing "HELLO IT'S ROOBY" and was actually surprised when it didn't come. Pavlov is real man.

• Haha

gossip_guy

VIP Member
Far be it from me to defend Ruby, but to be fair: thanks to her lack of knowledge about currencies, she’s already matched all donations up to USD 670 which I find endlessly amusing. Yes Ruby, we notice that you don’t do numbers.
Live footage of Ruby as she realises her mistake:

Untitled0000.jpg

She's currently furiously writing a letter to the charity asking for a refund.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 40

gossip_guy

VIP Member
Untitled00.png

Right off the bat, Ruby gifts us with a glimpse of her new literary masterpiece, Lottie Parker's Friend is Gone Girl, or whatever the fuck it's called.

It looks terrible, and it's clear that:

A. Ruby still struggles with basic grammar, punctuation, capitalisation, and so on. She can't figure out where punctuation goes in dialogue and "Maths" is occasionally "maths", and possibly "mAtHS" in the next, unseen page.
B. Ruby borrowed a bunch of tired YA main character archetypal tropes from those books she borrowed from the library to skim through and shat them onto the page.

Untitled10.jpg

Ruby yet again unfurls her yoga mat so carelessly and violently that the ensuing gust of air almost tears her collage of crap clean off the wall. It might not be the exact same footage as last time, but it might as well be.

She does some uncoordinated "yoga", risking 46 injuries at once.

Untitled11.jpg

This pose is called 'The Time-Turner'. Legend has it, if done correctly, you can open your 117th chakra and revert back to your childhood form once more. At least that's what Ruby read in some fanfiction once.

Untitled01.png

Ruby shows herself writing bulletpoint notes for her dissertation conclusion and it's full of hilarious bullshit.

Most notably, Ruby aims to wrap up 10,000 words of tangential, labyrinthine gibberish by introducing even more nonsensical ideas instead of tying everything off.

She also insisted on writing about Lewis Carroll's letters and the correspondence of other famous writers for her dissertation, even though it's barely relevant to her degree, so passionate was she about the prospect of delving into their letters and uncovering new details that would change future scholarship forever. She dragged her mum across the country to chauffer her and hold her hand on a Dark Macdemia investigation to look at original letter manuscripts for some reason. And after all that, her conclusion is just "you cannot look too closely at letters".

b3cqdwmrx6jqrj327ec5pcdgbxq6rvmv37o2xq6ot&rid=200w.gif

Ruby says she's reading something by "List Anley", who may or may not be a pseudonym for Liz Stanley.

Ruby announces that this person, whatever their actual name may be, is her "FAVOURITE ACADEMIC". Because Ruby's so entrenched in academia that she has to tier-rank her favourite academics, apparently, and she definitely not just trying to butter up a potential Masters supervisor for the future.

This "Lisstahhnlie" won't be too happy she's described as an "eppiss-tollury theorist", though, considering she's an uh-pistol-airy theorist, and generally academics probably aren't too impressed by faux gifted mush-minded fuckwits who can't pronounce anything right.

Untitled02.jpg

Floundering, shmoundering! Ruby's doing so well at her dissertation that she's thousands of words over the word count! Nothing to see here, she's definitely going to deliver a coherent piece of First-worthy academic literature!

But the work will have to wait! Ruby's going to see her new, previously-unmentioned-in-her-entire-life, definitely-not-fictional frAnd...Venerial Valeria?

The name of this new, absolutely, 100% real person gives off massive "I need to make up a name and I'll just look around for what's in eyeshot for ideas" energy.

maxresdefault.jpg

Gaia-Herbs_Valerian-Root.png

Ruby films herself grabbing library books before she leaves, and that's exactly how you want to see a book borrower treating books: Just leaving them on the filthy floor of their grimy hovel, with random coconut shavings/maggots/giant dandruff, weeds and general detritus sprinkled all over the carpet nearby.

Untitled03.jpg

Ruby's a true bookworm, in the sense that there are likely worms near all her books.

Untitled04.jpg

Ruby says she's walking to town, but also listening to an audiobook at the same time.

She's allegedly listening to 'The Psychology of Money'. Hopefully she also listens to the upcoming sequel, 'The Sociopathy of Stealing Charity Money'.

At this point, the video becomes harder to watch/listen to. Ruby's speeding up her narration again and the audio overlaps often, so the result is:

"ANDthanIdidthisANDthanIalsodidthisbutTHANthishappenedANDIdidallthethings -- ANDthanIdidmorethingsthananyoneelsecaneverthinkofdoing -- ANDthandidsomemoreANDthanIdidevenmore! AND!AND!AND!AND!"

timeless-renew-timeless.gif

I don't know if she thinks TALKINGSUPERFASTABOUTALLTHETHINGSATONCE will somehow trick people into thinking she's being super productive because a lot of non-information is being thrown out far too quickly and overloading people's brains, the same way she thinks sped-up time-lapse footage will fool people into believing she's being VARRY busy and productive even though she's just aimlessly pacing her room.

Or maybe it's just a cacophony of incompetence (which should be the title of her biography).

Either way, it's excruciating to sit through.

Untitled05.jpg

Ruby's out to prove Tattlers wrong yet again; she forced herself to study in a library for the first time ever, instead of taking up space in public cafés and not buying anything. Naturally, she claims to have done SYO MOCH dissertation WAHRK.

Untitled06.jpg

Ruby: "I'm just gyowing tyoo wahrk some mooore on my dissertation."
Ruby, two seconds later: "I acshually did some more wahrk on my dissertation."

Thrilling content, Ruby. Just riveting stuff. Twists, turns, suspense, intrigue. It's got it all. And this slosh-minded dipshit aspires to be a successful author of a mystery book.

A sample from her novel, if this video is anything to go by:

"We got a call from a jogger out on a morning walk," Detective Inspector Quaffleby-Smythe said. "He said there's a dead body next to the canal."
Detective Chief Inspector Bombleton considered his colleague's words. He looked down at the dead body next to the canal.
"There's a dead body next to the canal," he concluded.
As the two policemen studied the dead body next to the canal, which was definitely a dead body next to a canal, a cyclist sped by them on the canal path, shouting something as she passed.
"Officers!" she shrieked, pointing at the dead body at their feet, which was next to the canal. "There's a dead body next to the canal!"

Quaffleby-Smythe looked down. "She's right, you know."

Untitled07.jpg

After doing "lyots of waahrk" on the dissertation, which would've been written 50 times over if she was actually doing all the work she claimed to, she's broken the seal on lies and even more spill forth.

Ruby claims she did hours of work for "PONKIN' PRODOCKTIVVITEA", the stationery company she's again claiming she "runs", even though her involvement is almost non-existent and her management company owns and runs it.

She claims she's been working on the final edits for the next planner, implying that any work or changes go into those flimsy, cheaply-designed and produced wastes of paper other than a minor colour-swap and a date change. She's also under the illusion that people will buy another of her planners considering the previous disaster and the abundance of stock she's struggling to sells from last time.

Untitled08.jpg

And after a single minute that included five more instances of her saying "and THAN I did wahhrk on moiyyy dissertationnn..." , Ruby saying "JANuiely", her shoehorning in snack bar ads, pretending she cleans the kitchen and filming herself walking back and forth in the street, I dipped out.

It's all just the same shit over and over, which is nothing new, but even in the same video she's so repetitive. This shit is twenty minutes long, and so far nothing has happened besides the headache it gave me.

so-what-exactly-is-the-point-of-this-asking.gif

Untitled09.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow

Griftwood

VIP Member
Team ”Lottie Parton is a Bad Friend is a Bad Title”

I know I said I’d eat a mugful of peas if it didn’t turn out to be Counting Backwards, but I’m going to hold off on the peas until we find out just how much of a self-insert Lottie turns out to be.

• Haha
  • Heart
I personally sympathise with the whole “going home a lot during uni” as it was something I struggled with.
i don’t drink and am on the spectrum and can get overstimulated so because of that, the standard way my college peers socialised was not my thing. Plus my room was freezing and would have to wear double layers inside.
I would literally just spend my weekends in my room being cold and then going for a walk. I felt quite isolated.
So there were times that I did go home a lot. Sleeping in my own bed and being able to have breakfast without a bunch of hungover guys hanging around you is just nice. Plus, I would be able to see my childhood friends.
I never told people this because there is this weird shame about not doing the typical uni things and not forming an instant friend group and falling in love with where you live. So even though I don’t agree with the way Ruby does things and I do think she is regressing back to childhood, I would like to see more people talking about the less than average uni experience without being labelled a weirdo.

• Heart
Reactions: 39

Griftwood

VIP Member
So I went to watch the video (screenshotted above) about learning a language paragraph and it did not disappoint. It’s one of her oldest videos so it’s easy to find. A little after that one is her first ”what I got for Christmas” video, and because I truly have nothing better to do, I tallied up her presents. Gentle reader, how many do you think there were? 92. I counted 92 presents, and that’s counting packs of several pairs of socks as one present, etc. Even in her most intense Hermione phase, she was really out-Dudleying everyone.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 39