Ruby Granger #25 Leaving all the books unread, chasing sponsorships instead

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't get the impression Ruby likes Blakeney in a romantic sense, I simply think it's a very intense, bordering on toxic friendship that will eventually just fizzle once they no longer live together.

We've had no indication that Ruby had many friends prior to Blakeney; I cannot remember in her early school vlogs detailing any friendships, other than ones that were introduced by the family and forced upon her. As Ruby feels she has lots in common with Blakeney and has finally found a great friend, she tries to hammer this home by extreme adoration, whether that be Instagram posts, buying her things, sending her constant letters. The whole "best friend" thing does appear somewhat childish, but don't things there's necessarily anything wrong with it, but the issue is we have no idea how Blakeney feels. She never asked to be on social media and now has people recognising her face and knowing details about her life, when I'm sure that was never her intention; if it was, she would have started her own platform.

From experience, this level of intensity will never end well, especially when one person seems way more invested than the other (not saying this is true, but it's a fair assumption). It's difficult to avoid this when you live together, but when they're apart, I'm sure Blakeney will get her own life and work, find a partner and enjoy her social life, whereas Ruby will continue to drift on her gap year and wonder why Blakeney isn't returning her calls and letters.

It would have been very beneficial for Ruby to find a wider circle of friends rather than relying on one, crazily intense "best friend" situation, but suppose it's a bit late for that now.
It's because having one best friend that is the only person at school who gets you and you can be weird together and support each other against bullies is a typical trope in the media Ruby enjoys. And it's fine when you're in middle school and your social skills aren't developed yet. But in university it's just a bit ridiculous

Reactions: 17
Off-topic but I was watching a ballet documentary on youtube to relax and when the "Dance of the Little Swans" music came on I immediately broke out in a cold sweat. Was fully expecting to hear a harrowing "HELLO IT'S ROOBY" and was actually surprised when it didn't come. Pavlov is real man.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
What’s everyone doing on this fine Sunday morning? I decided to start my day with some heavy cringe! 7:25 on, Roobee rhapsodising about writing in a muddy field.
Oooh I think this was the video that eventually resulted in me finding this thread! I realised I had enough of her bullshit that day.

Reactions: 8
It's because having one best friend that is the only person at school who gets you and you can be weird together and support each other against bullies is a typical trope in the media Ruby enjoys. And it's fine when you're in middle school and your social skills aren't developed yet. But in university it's just a bit ridiculous
This, plus I would also argue that some of it is just sheer cold calculation. She says in her "I hate university and so should you" "University might not be the best time of your life" video that while you should generally not go out of your comfort zone, because why would you you have enough money and mummy and daddy will take care of baby Roobee forever and ever, it's okay to venture out of your bubble just long enough to make a few friends (or one) just to have a "support network" at university. Congrats, Blakeney, you're it! Literally. All of it. The whole support network.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
i guess blakeney will need a support network for being the support network. having one friend relying solely on you is intense, ruby i imagine would be totally unhealthy to have around you that much

Reactions: 20
so we r all aware of rubys parents uhmmmm "unique" and quite honestly sad relationship thanks to her mums poetry . well , was recently watching an older video of rubys (I followed a Scullery Maid Morning Routine *Victorian*) and noticed she sleeps in a different room of her house and noticed that it was her mums own room ( thanks to these messages left on the window)
- messages : "love u mum" , " we appreciate everything u do for us"
Screen Shot 2022-03-22 at 2.29.30 pm.png
Screen Shot 2022-03-22 at 2.23.17 pm.png

was speculating the idea that her parents possibly no longer sleep in same rooms/ are split??? i honestly feel bad for this poor woman , her poetry can feel so depressing, i hope she gets the help/support she needs. this post may just be on overreaction / idk but i thought this rly stood out to me .

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
so we r all aware of rubys parents uhmmmm "unique" and quite honestly sad relationship thanks to her mums poetry . well , was recently watching an older video of rubys (I followed a Scullery Maid Morning Routine *Victorian*) and noticed she sleeps in a different room of her house and noticed that it was her mums own room ( thanks to these messages left on the window)
- messages : "love u mum" , " we appreciate everything u do for us"
View attachment 1141921View attachment 1141920

was speculating the idea that her parents possibly no longer sleep in same rooms/ are split??? i honestly feel bad for this poor woman , her poetry can feel so depressing, i hope she gets the help/support she needs. this post may just be on overreaction / idk but i thought this rly stood out to me .
I agree she defo doesn’t seem happy, I think a lot of that is to do with the fact she honestly doesn’t really seem to do anything with her life. I suspect she has seen her role for the last 20 or so years as just being a mother and not much else, so now her kids have grown up, she seems to just be rattling around in that big old house all day doing duck all.
I’ve always got the vibe that her and daddy bones get on well together though, they seem to often go on little trips and holidays together, and I don’t think it’s uncommon for married couples to sleep in separate rooms tbh. My dad was a heavy smoker when I was younger I literally cannot describe to you how loud this guy snored, when I was a kid I would regularly wake up and find my mum had slept in the living room because it just kept her up all night otherwise. Idk, her sleeping in a different room could be nothing, but I suppose you never really know what goes on behind closed doors!

Reactions: 37
I love when she posts her to-do lists for us to analyse. Here’s one where she accomplished only about half of yesterday but seems very ambitious about today. I’m guessing her internship has to do with the Ted Hughes archive that’s held in Exeter (Cave Birds, https://humanities.exeter.ac.uk/english/research/centres/literatureandarchives/holdings/hughes/). I hope they ask her to write her reflections again, I can’t imagine she’s ever read a Ted Hughes poem and comprehended it.

3FD65DEF-6346-4D62-BA52-9BFF82CE9240.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Her latest IG post, I think she's mixing up pictures from different years again.
Also, loose leaf tea doesn't have to have the actual leaves in!

Reactions: 7
I love when she posts her to-do lists for us to analyse. Here’s one where she accomplished only about half of yesterday but seems very ambitious about today. I’m guessing her internship has to do with the Ted Hughes archive that’s held in Exeter (Cave Birds, https://humanities.exeter.ac.uk/english/research/centres/literatureandarchives/holdings/hughes/). I hope they ask her to write her reflections again, I can’t imagine she’s ever read a Ted Hughes poem and comprehended it.

View attachment 1142461
Painting nails = admin, apparently.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Painting nails = admin, apparently.
”Should I respond to customer complaints from people whose planners either never arrived or are already falling apart? Or should I paint my nails?”
She should be able to hit two birds with one stone and write down these ”thought processes” so she can cross off ”mindmap Lottie thoughts” as well.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
So I was thinking of this randomly. I watch a lot of ASMR content, I use it to get to sleep. And I was thinking how Ruby should fit into that category, since she has a soft, well spoken voice, her attitude online is very innocent and supposed to be wholesome. But I just do not get any nice vibes from her at all, and realised I couldn't use any of her content for that purpose. Even though everything is supposed to be that sort of energy, she doesn't give me any sort of gentle and caring vibes. Like I couldn't listen to her sit and talk and feel calm. There's just something very off about her, as if she's playing a role and everything is fake. She's just so stiff and up herself? And I thought, this is what doesn't make sense... her whole content is the complete opposite of that, with lots of relaxing "sounds" and it's supposed to be very chilled, but I don't feel any of that when I watch her, instead I just get very hostile and awkward vibes and don't want to watch her at all.

Reactions: 22
Is that a heart after 'Anna'? ❤ or is she doodling?!
Quite sad if somebody you like becomes an admin task...

Reactions: 6
Wait why is she making "flashcards on Carroll"? Is that for her dissertation? Will the flashcards be included with her dissertation as bonus content? xD

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Wait why is she making "flashcards on Carroll"? Is that for her dissertation? Will the flashcards be included with her dissertation as bonus content? xD
Her dissertation is just a block of flashcards written in crayon, held together by a lopsided ribbon with a dead fly stuck to a corner

• Haha
Reactions: 44
It might be that she's presenting her dissertation, or the current state of it? Many universities require such a presentation in front of peers as part of the BA dissertation.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Her dissertation is just a block of flashcards written in crayon, held together by a lopsided ribbon with a dead fly stuck to a corner
It comes with a complimentary Pumpking Productivity Planner for 2022 and a handwritten letter to her lecturer about how much they mean to her and about how May is her third-favourite month right after October and October.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.