Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

meowrights

Looking at her old videos and she’s really held on to her like of “aesthetic” bits and bobs. At some point superficial aesthetic stuff isn’t going to cut it 😅 what’s with all this aesthetic stuff anyways? The threads have established she’s not very clear about that either

Reactions: 2

morganmichelle

hey!! I'm new to this thread, but I just wanted to say I really don't get why Ruby is making her dissertation so much more complicated than it needs to be???? Like, it's really not that deep??😂 I graduated last year doing English Literature at a Russel Group university, and the dissertation was literally not that big of a deal. The way she is acting is as if she is doing a PhD!! She just needs to read some books, research some sources, get some stuff from literary reviews and be done with it😂 girly is doing TOO MUCH
A Russel Group University... You didn't go to Exeter as well? Or Oxford or Cambridge? Not that any of the other Russel Group Universities are any less significant..

Reactions: 1

heyguyzandgalz

Hi long time lurker first time poster!
Somebody previously said that Ruby prepared for Oxford wrong (sorry can’t find it now) and I was just wondering how? I wasn’t an observer of Ruby then
I got into uni (defo not a Russell group) through clearing so I don’t really know the normal way anyways

Ilaariaa

VIP Member
European cities and universities often have at least one library with an old reading room or manuscripts room. It's often where reference works are stored, and/or where you can consult books that cannot be taken out, old books (ca. pre-1920) and manuscripts.
At Oxbridge some of the colleges have such aesthetically pleasing libraries too.
With "old", I mean a reading room built between 1600 to 1900 that looks dark macademia. The architecture can be the style of that period, or a 'revival' from a later date. Such libraries often have a modern reading room and open stacks as well, either in another building, or in the same building.
Yeah but as you said, those rooms aren't usually open to the public nor meant as study spots for students

Birdyboo

Agree. I don't think we'll ever find out for sure. Definitely can't imagine the dissertation getting good marks judging by the lack of central argument, chaotic structure and huge tangents that Ruby's shown in her notes. If she does announce a first I'll feel as though something's very amiss. Then again, if Rooibos follows these threads it's possible she'll downgrade her mark to a 2:1 to make it more convincing.

I 100% believe that regardless of her grade, we’re going to get a “reaction” video where she announces a first. At this stage though, I’m not going to believe her unless there’s proof, which there won’t be.
I think some of this is possibly depression/low self esteem/other physical and mental health difficulties because she’s much worse than she used to be. It’s not all that though and it’s sad that her upbringing seems to have left her unable and a bit unaware when it comes to looking after herself and her possessions.
[/QUOTE
Agree. I don't think we'll ever find out for sure. Definitely can't imagine the dissertation getting good marks judging by the lack of central argument, chaotic structure and huge tangents that Ruby's shown in her notes. If she does announce a first I'll feel as though something's very amiss. Then again, if Rooibos follows these threads it's possible she'll downgrade her mark to a 2:1 to make it more convincing.

P.S. @emmer_moans, that cat gif is incredibly accurate. Lmao.
Are exam results published by the university? Just wondering how we can double check her true marks. As for sure she will say she got a first .. and unless she paid for someone else to write her dissertation.. I highly doubt it .

Eldoral

She'll take a gap year and afterwards she's said she wants to do a Master's but who knows
We speculated she only took a gap year because she applied to Oxford for her Master's again and they rejected her again
Oh... And after masters?

Eldoral

I don't think 18 and 21 is too big of an age difference, but I can agree the fact that they've been pen pals for years and they met each other online is weird. Ruby seems to have very few friends her own age that are in university other than Blakeney. Her writing letters to girls that are younger than her that just recently finished school or are still in school is going to look weirder the older she gets. I do however think it's more concerning that she has a large audience of much younger girls and so many of the behviours she depicts in her videos are unhealthy and the advice she gives isn't helpful (at best) and can be damaging (at worst).

Ruby applied to Oxford to study English in 2017 and was rejected, basically because she put too much emphasis on a study packet, isn't able to think originally, and therefore bombed her interview. There's speculation that she's tried to apply again for her master's and was again rejected or is planning to wait and apply again this year. We'll see. Personally I think she's definitely going to reapply for her Master's but her chances are pretty low.
Why low chances? Work experience / EC wise or interview wise?