Ruby Granger #25 Leaving all the books unread, chasing sponsorships instead

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm a bit late to the game but I ordered her book on Amazon and started reading it last night. Oh boy. First of all - the print is very wonky. I'm not a native English speaker and still, somehow, I feel like I could have structured most of the sentences in her book better than she did. 2D characters with zero actual plot.
The main character makes my blood boil. While being quite a passionate reader, I understand that characters don't actually have to be likeable and can be as ridiculous, self-centred, stuck up as Erimentha. Still, it makes me uncomfortable to know that the character is actually based on Ruby herself and therefore that Ruby most likely did that sort of crap when she was at school.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Wow it's so disgusting she still hasn't solved the planner issues when it's beginning of april soon. And given the fact she's still trying to shill half expired planners for a reduced price instead of working out stuff with her current customers.

Reactions: 20
Is that a heart after 'Anna'? ❤ or is she doodling?!
Quite sad if somebody you like becomes an admin task...
Ruby often crams her family and friends in the 'admin' section, so it's no surprise really.

It's equal parts her detached, clinical and robotic way of dealing with other people (like tracking their habits, tastes and probably their movements) and her not understanding what the word "admin" means. She thinks it means general small tasks and errands.

Also:

Untitled.jpg

"dirty mirror"

Maybe try cleaning it then, you filthy swamp troll?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 41
Wow it's so disgusting she still hasn't solved the planner issues when it's beginning of april soon. And given the fact she's still trying to shill half expired planners for a reduced price instead of working out stuff with her current customers.
The comment said that Ruby 'kindly' offered to send a non-damaged planner, but that's just the bare minimum - and she didn't even do that! Hardly kind of her. It makes it extra offensive that she's still trying to sell the planners rather than addressing the existing issues. And wasn't Ruby posting in her notes about designing new planners? Honestly :rolleyes:

Reactions: 28
The comment said that Ruby 'kindly' offered to send a non-damaged planner, but that's just the bare minimum - and she didn't even do that! Hardly kind of her. It makes it extra offensive that she's still trying to sell the planners rather than addressing the existing issues. And wasn't Ruby posting in her notes about designing new planners? Honestly :rolleyes:
Exactly, it’s not about being kind, Ruby is legally required to refund or replace any faulty goods. Someone needs to hook this girl up with the consumer rights act and tell her to demand her money back lol

Reactions: 30
Ruby often crams her family and friends in the 'admin' section, so it's no surprise really.

It's equal parts her detached, clinical and robotic way of dealing with other people (like tracking their habits, tastes and probably their movements) and her not understanding what the word "admin" means. She thinks it means general small tasks and errands.

Also:

View attachment 1145083

"dirty mirror"

Maybe try cleaning it then, you filthy swamp troll?
I came straight here when I saw this to comment something myself and its already here and I was not disappointed 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Exactly, it’s not about being kind, Ruby is legally required to refund or replace any faulty goods. Someone needs to hook this girl up with the consumer rights act and tell her to demand her money back lol
I don't understand how her followers / buyers can be so naive though? Like that person paid quite some money for that tit planner, received it damaged and yeah she did inform Roobs and stuff but then no follow up? So in the end they didn't even send it back cause they believed Ruby will kindly send them a new one (as if she wasn't required to do so in the first place)? Like some of these people seem to accept it is the way it is and don't take much further steps. Same with that lame book club, no one even really called her out on her bullshit. I just don't get it, she's no one important to be scared or sth to offend dear Ruby.

• Sad
Reactions: 17
I don't understand how her followers / buyers can be so naive though? Like that person paid quite some money for that tit planner, received it damaged and yeah she did inform Roobs and stuff but then no follow up? So in the end they didn't even send it back cause they believed Ruby will kindly send them a new one (as if she wasn't required to do so in the first place)? Like some of these people seem to accept it is the way it is and don't take much further steps. Same with that lame book club, no one even really called her out on her bullshit. I just don't get it, she's no one important to be scared or sth to offend dear Ruby.
This is the problem with influencers. They encourage parasocial relationships from their viewers so that the viewers can feel like they ‘know’ them, even though their main reason for doing this is because they have turned themselves into a business and a brand selling something - whether that be a lifestyle or an actual product, either for themselves or an associated advertiser. The fact that people think they ‘know’ Ruby and they feel like she’s one of their mates means that they don’t hold her to professional standards when she messes up. Any criticism of Ruby’s business is typically met with ‘awww, leave her alone, stop bullying her’ from her fans, which allows Ruby not to be professionally accountable and lets her fans carry on thinking that she’s somehow making hand-making planners in her bedroom and it’s just some kind of cottage industry that you can’t expect much of a standard from. It’s all bollocks but it’s a clever way of encouraging your buyers not to expect much.

Reactions: 29
That’s disgusting… selling things unwashed 😮😮😮
She’s so revolting. Like, I used to think she was sort of pretty, but now I can’t see past the filthy surroundings, sallow skin and poor grooming and probably questionable personal hygiene. She doesn’t take care of her clothes or belongings, so my guess is she does the bare minimum to keep herself presentable.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
She’s so revolting. Like, I used to think she was sort of pretty, but now I can’t see past the filthy surroundings, sallow skin and poor grooming and probably questionable personal hygiene. She doesn’t take care of her clothes or belongings, so my guess is she does the bare minimum to keep herself presentable.
Her room defo stinks

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I think some of this is possibly depression/low self esteem/other physical and mental health difficulties because she’s much worse than she used to be. It’s not all that though and it’s sad that her upbringing seems to have left her unable and a bit unaware when it comes to looking after herself and her possessions.

Reactions: 23
This is the problem with influencers. They encourage parasocial relationships from their viewers so that the viewers can feel like they ‘know’ them, even though their main reason for doing this is because they have turned themselves into a business and a brand selling something - whether that be a lifestyle or an actual product, either for themselves or an associated advertiser. The fact that people think they ‘know’ Ruby and they feel like she’s one of their mates means that they don’t hold her to professional standards when she messes up. Any criticism of Ruby’s business is typically met with ‘awww, leave her alone, stop bullying her’ from her fans, which allows Ruby not to be professionally accountable and lets her fans carry on thinking that she’s somehow making hand-making planners in her bedroom and it’s just some kind of cottage industry that you can’t expect much of a standard from. It’s all bollocks but it’s a clever way of encouraging your buyers not to expect much.
conspiracy theory: what if roobee over dramatized her bullying story bc she knew she’d be selling crappy products one day and stealing money and any backlash would send her die hard fans running and saying that everyone is bullying her so she’d never actually be held accountable???

*mic drop*

I’m so impressed with myself yall… big brain energy right here 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
conspiracy theory: what if roobee over dramatized her bullying story bc she knew she’d be selling crappy products one day and stealing money and any backlash would send her die hard fans running and saying that everyone is bullying her so she’d never actually be held accountable???

*mic drop*

I’m so impressed with myself yall… big brain energy right here 😂
I’m not sure that developing coherent plotlines is one of Ruby’s strong points … But I do wonder if that blind adulation is one of the reasons Ruby seems to deliberately cultivate a younger audience. That and not wanting to grow up herself.

Reactions: 14
I apologise if this is random and off topic, I've been away since like Friday but, I've been skipping through older videos of Ruby's (as they keep popping up in my YT recommended) and it's shocking to see how much she's regressed both mentally and physically since late 2018. I fear she'll become the next E. Cooney in the near future.😬

Ruby’s Depop reviews 😬
Not that I'll ever buy her shyte (for one her clothes will be too small and two I'm currently poor:ROFLMAO:) but what is her depop? I want to see more reviews!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
… But I do wonder if that blind adulation is one of the reasons Ruby seems to deliberately cultivate a younger audience. That and not wanting to grow up herself.
I'm not convinced it was deliberate on her part to begin with. However, it's clear that she runs away from anyone in her comments or book-club smarter than her, and lots of her advice videos are more aimed at schoolchildren than people her age. A younger audience will be more inclined to believe that obsessive busywork and cramming random knowledge is the same as intelligence.

Reactions: 16
The fact that she posted the below to the internet shows how completely unaware she is of hygiene issues. That and every picture she uploads of her nails 🤢

Attachments

• Sick
Reactions: 9
Did she just admit she doesn't like exams after all? In spite of forming a whole identity for years around studying? :LOL:

The fact that she posted the below to the internet shows how completely unaware she is of hygiene issues. That and every picture she uploads of her nails 🤢
I'm no clean freak myself but I hate how they just let the dishes pile up like that, like where do they even cook?

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.