Ruby Granger #25 Leaving all the books unread, chasing sponsorships instead

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You can interact with men without being interested in dating them lol
Men don't always make it easy to do that tbh. I've had a few male friends who were cool with just being friends and never made it awkward, but I've had way more of the other kind. If Ruby's really not into dating men at all, I can see why she might want to just avoid the hassle (or maybe she's had a bad experience with someone's unwelcome feelings). It would be useful for her to be comfortable interacting with men, but I think she's got other issues that are more urgent to work on.

Reactions: 20
Oh I hope she does go to Paris, I need video of her and Jack pretentiously pretending to read together 😂

B44700DC-9E3A-4E1B-8953-406AA3E303E1.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 22
Oh I hope she does go to Paris, I need video of her and Jack pretentiously pretending to read together 😂

View attachment 1122448
Ruby: *has never mentioned wanting to visit Paris before*
Also Ruby: *sees all her YouTuber friends visiting Paris and living that AeStHeTiC life*
Also also Ruby: I really want to visit Paris

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
Her planner is now on offer for 4 pounds... still not a good enough reason to buy it.

Also, she posted on YT that she's uploading her last ever morning routine as a student! Did she not say she was going to do a Master's?

• Haha
  • Wow
Her planner is now on offer for 4 pounds... still not a good enough reason to buy it.

Also, she posted on YT that she's uploading her last ever morning routine as a student! Did she not say she was going to do a Master's?
She's probably just being dramatic for that sweet sweet engagement. Like that time she uploaded a video titled "I dropped out of my course" (which usually means you've left the university altogether) when in actuality she had transferred to a different course.

Reactions: 28
Men don't always make it easy to do that tbh. I've had a few male friends who were cool with just being friends and never made it awkward, but I've had way more of the other kind. If Ruby's really not into dating men at all, I can see why she might want to just avoid the hassle (or maybe she's had a bad experience with someone's unwelcome feelings). It would be useful for her to be comfortable interacting with men, but I think she's got other issues that are more urgent to work on.
Maybe true, but I think these are experiences you have to go through before you would make such a decision!

Reactions: 6

She has just announced her gap year and she's already decided she won't be going back to academia afterwards? Normally people change their mind when they're a few months into their gap year already lol

Reactions: 6
tbh i’m probably in the minority here but i think a lack of male interaction is like the least weird thing about her😹 some people just have no interest in dating and she doesn’t seem to be particularly insecure about it given that she never makes posts trying to justify that aspect of her life like she does about going home etc. i don’t think she’s uncomfortable with them.

plus i don’t blame her- uni isn’t exactly the place where you’re going to find men worth spending your time around lol (and speaking from experience humanities courses also tend to be majority women)
My point wasn't specifically about dating; I think it's completely fine if she's disinterested in dating or would rather prioritise other things. For all we know, she might not even be into guys at all, which would make the whole dating point redundant.

It's more that she seems so sheltered from anyone who isn't from her small, private school female bubble. Her only friends seem to be Blakeney and Sasha, who fit that mould and the only other people she interacts with are her parents. Interacting with the opposite gender is going to be a part of life in almost every sphere, whether that's in the work environment or whatever else she wants to do, but she seems to have very little experience or interaction with them. I suppose you could apply the exact same to POC, or simply anyone who's different to her. The only POC I can recall her interacting with is Vee and that's because of a forced management collaboration. It's not healthy or beneficial to have a social circle lacking in any form of diversity, but I sense it comes from fear too.

If she couldn't step out of that bubble at university (even if Exeter is predominately white, middle-class), I have no idea how she'll cope in the future.

Reactions: 15
I think you guys are far too nice worrying about her future. She is completely privileged having several income streams backed up by the bank of mummy and daddy. I personally had to work during weekends at Uni so didn't have the choice to go back home even if I wanted to. She will be fine living in her bubble and is financially more secure than all the people contributing to this thread combined. She is being enabled to stay like a child and I don't care if she lives like this for the next 50 years.

Reactions: 43
Damn, the comment was deleted before I could take a screen shot, but someone had left a pretty telling comment on her recent community post. They said that their planner had fallen apart and was unusable. Pages were falling out every time she flipped to the next page. We know that Ruby's planners are made of the worst quality, and this is a common occurrence and yet Ruby had her usual response of "How did that happen, X? I have never heard of anyone's planners falling apart? Contact us and we will try to get it sorted". The person did say they were going to delete the comment because they didn't want to dissuade other people from purchasing the planner, but I really wish they hadn't deleted it.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
Her planners are on sale for £4- The price finally caught up with the quality.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I think it's best for the sexism discussion to stop here. If you really want to discuss it create a thread in offtopic so it doesn't disrupt here

• Heart
Same old, same old. Trying to convince us she ACKSHUALLY does read while brushing her teeth!! Congrats Roobs, here is your gold star!! /s

Reactions: 9
How can she only have two weeks left of university? I am 95% sure the dissertation is due on April 1st, which is in three weeks. Granted I don't know much about term lengths the UK, but that seems really early for a term to end. Is she just going to submit her dissertation and then twirl around in her parents backyard until May or June when she gets her results/has graduation? Also, I know she likes to mess with the timeline of things in her videos, but how much of the dissertation do we think she has managed to write at this point? All I know is that if I had a big degree deciding assignment due in 2-3 weeks, I wouldn't be running home to mummy and daddy for the weekend. I would be at my desk writing.

How can she only have two weeks left of university? I am 95% sure the dissertation is due on April 1st, which is in three weeks. Granted I don't know much about term lengths the UK, but that seems really early for a term to end. Is she just going to submit her dissertation and then twirl around in her parents backyard until May or June when she gets her results/has graduation? Also, I know she likes to mess with the timeline of things in her videos, but how much of the dissertation do we think she has managed to write at this point? All I know is that if I had a big degree deciding assignment due in 2-3 weeks, I wouldn't be running home to mummy and daddy for the weekend. I would be at my desk writing.
Normally your final semester will end at the end of May, then your dissertation submission is after that, and then you have exams in April/May/June time before graduating in the summer.

Reactions: 8
That commenter saying "clearly she's happy the way she is" - have they seen like, any of Ruby's recent content? Isn't it glaringly obvious that she's miserable? I mean, just look at her during that study with me video! That is not the face of a happy person lmao
Yes, exactly! That's what a malnourished brain does to you (alongside other things). She's so far into her ED that she can't even fake being happy/healthy for longer periods of time.

Reactions: 8
Yes, exactly! That's what a malnourished brain does to you (alongside other things). She's so far into her ED that she can't even fake being happy/healthy for longer periods of time.
Yup. In her video she said she must force herself to smile for at least a minute each morning.....

Yeah, Ruby..... Get help.

• Wow
Normally your final semester will end at the end of May, then your dissertation submission is after that, and then you have exams in April/May/June time before graduating in the summer.
Ruby just makes it sound like she has two weeks left of school, and then it's over forever. I am sure you are right, and she still has assignments and exams, but maybe she will be doing them from home? Leave it to Ruby to be as vague and dramatic as possible.

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.