Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

CatCafe234

VIP Member
Ruby's mother is one of those women who used to read "Bridget Jones' diary" when it was serialised in "the Telegraph" back in the 90s. She decided there and then that being hapless would give her a quirk that would compensate for her wallpaper personality. She inflicted this sort of wrong brain slow think on her children - "wear a bonnet and go up a chimney, darling, that'll make you interesting."
Ruby’s mother is one of those people that buys those god-awful plaques in tat-shops that say things like ‘dull women have immaculate houses’, and who uses that as evidence that because the house is so messy, she must therefore be interesting.

I’m not trying to shame anyone here because I know there are genuine and often very sad reasons why a person’s living space might not be clean or tidy, but in this case I just think it’s laziness and cultivated incompetence. It just seems so sad (and disrespectful, somehow) that the family simply cba to look after their million-pound house, even down to not mopping up a flood and just hoping that it’ll ‘evaporate’. It also annoys me that when wealthy people live like this, it’s seen as charming and eccentric, and something to giggle and write a blog post about but if someone in a council house just left water pooling on the floor they’d be judged much more harshly. It does such a disservice to your kids too, to let them grow up not really knowing the basics of how to take care of themselves and their surroundings.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 43

figgypud

Chatty Member
Colouring in a Christmas card for her school English teacher when she's in her fourth year at university is killing me with cringe, I can't lie.

I also find it so weird how Ruby talking about her research never sounds like a student relaying things they've found to a peer, it's like she wants to be the teacher with zero qualifications.

• Haha
Reactions: 42

gossip_guy

VIP Member
For those that don't frequent the Jack Edwards thread, I went back to the Goodreads reviews for Vee's book after it was brought up there and I noticed something that I didn't catch before...

Well, I'll just leave this here:

Untitled8998456.jpg

Untitled89798798.jpg

Untitled899m8456.jpg

Untitled8979879978.jpg

So, Ruby and Jack both got the book on December 8th at Vee's book launch.

Both claim to have finished the book and posted their suspiciously vague, overwhelmingly positive reviews (which contain no mention of their links to Vee or that they share the same management agency) on the exact same morning, less than two hours apart.

Add in the fact that Ruby was clearly "reading" the book long after this time on her latest vlog...

original.gif

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 42

Mr.Mistoffelees

Chatty Member
Someone here mentioned that she never takes her dog along on her morning walks and today she posted an Instagram story of the dog on a leash...

Hi Ruby! 🤡

• Haha
Reactions: 41

Stormweald

Also a while ago I found out through reddit that there used to be a Wikipedia page on Ruby, but that it was removed. The way they phrased the reason why they removed it was so funny to me:
Screenshot_20211231-132717_Chrome.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 40

Ilaariaa

VIP Member
I feel like I'm speaking for everyone if I say Ruby needs to post her freaking haul as soon as possible because we have nothing to talk about anymore lmao

• Haha

Mr.Mistoffelees

Chatty Member
That review on The Art of War tells you everything you need to know about Ruby as an English literature student.

It's like saying you don't like War and Peace because you haven't participated in the Napoleonic wars. She has such a limited understanding of literature and art, it's embarrassing.

• Haha

snom4444

She's still sticking with letter writing as a topic, even though it's barely related to literature and clearly a blatant excuse for her to ramble 10,000 words of nonsense about letter writing "etti-KAT" and "ASS-thetics" and shoehorn a bunch of poorly-researched Victorian bullshit into a degree dissertation where it doesn't belong.

She shows off the possible title: "The Sense of a Letter." It alludes to the superficial, aesthetics-first approach that Ruby is undoubtedly going to take with this.
Oh, to be a fly on the wall during one of her dissertation meetings. I'm so curious about what she's writing, and how it's all going to turn out.

On a different note, thank you for spoilering the food pictures :) I'm not quite recovered from an ED (yet!) and it's nice to read such well-put-together recaps of her crimes against food while also having the option to scroll past!

• Heart
Reactions: 39

Deeznutslol

VIP Member
In case anyone is in any doubt - I have recently been blocked from Ruby's YouTube channel because I asked - very politely - how much money we had all raised from watching the adverts in her "bullying" video (the one she took down). She had previously assured me that the money would still be donated, even although she had removed the video. But when asked how much had been raised, I was blocked. Enough said.
That block is well deserved imo. Don’t you realise that questioning Rubys actions is considered a very serious form of bullying?! Smh!!

• Haha

Scapier88

VIP Member
Only four more sleeps till we get the very highly requested what I got for Christmas that Ruby will tell us she understands she is very privileged and does give back to charity
Even though that poor school is still waiting for there statue

• Haha
  • Heart

buflesse

Chatty Member
Is it just me who doesn't think the post was that mean? It calls her mediocre, which I think most of us have agreed she is, in terms of her ability to make good content and what we've seen of her academic output.

Griftwood

VIP Member
”I thought it would contain more wisdom than it did” is pretty much the blurb I would write Roobee herself if ever asked. She’s such a disappointment once you realise she’s nowhere near as organised, intelligent, or kind as she likes to portray herself.

• Haha

Welshgal

VIP Member
I’m sorry if I’m being a snob, but the music she’s listening to is not classical music!!!!! It’s weird instrumental piano music, classical music is completely different
It’s been discussed multiple times that she basically classifies every instrumental track as classical music. Drives me insane

• Haha
Reactions: 38

Griftwood

VIP Member
Maybe she's tired of the backlash she receives every time she posts one of these videos and she won't post a christmas haul this year
Has any amount of backlash ever prevented Roobee from doing whatever the fuck she wants? 😂

• Haha

Deeznutslol

VIP Member
4:30am and she’s crashing around the kitchen for literally no reason during the holidays!! How selfish is this girl 💀
If you did that in my household you’d be getting clarted lmao.

• Haha

sitkx

VIP Member
Just noticed on the website it says that ‘Pumkin Productivity will not refund or reship items if untracked shipping has been selected’. No mention of what to do if the items are not sent. It also says somewhere that orders will be despatched within 5 working days.

It baffles me why anyone would want to buy Ruby’s tat at top notch prices, but she clearly treats her customers with disdain. The longer this saga goes on the more useless the planners will be. It is so immature just to ignore all the complaints; she is acting like a child.
I wish I could shout from the rooftops to all these people to dispute the freaking charges with their bank and claim their refunds. Not only will they get their money back, but the endless chargebacks will hurt the pumpkin productivity company as a whole.

buflesse

Chatty Member
It amazes me how unbothered she is about finding independent shops and supporting small businesses, despite her constant declarations that she just LOVES doing those things. If you're buying gifts, Oxford city centre has some really nice places. Aside from Blackwells, there's:
Screenshot_20220109-123207_Gallery.jpg

Oxfam books on Turl St. Approx 2 minute walk from Waterstones
2d1ygne.jpg

Another Oxfam on St Giles that sometimes has some rarer books in there too. Approx 3 minutes from Waterstones
Screenshot_20220109-123159_Gallery.jpg

Objects of Use on Market St. Interesting handmade items for the home. 2 minutes from Waterstones
289510570.jpeg

Scriptum on Turl St. 2 minutes from Waterstones. Pretty stationery, curios, books
large.jpg

Alice's Shop on St Aldates. 2 minutes from Waterstones

Instead she went to Waterstones, Anthropologie, The White Company and Krispy Kreme 🙄

• Wow
  • Heart