Ruby Granger #21 Dirty kitchen, messy car; I wonder where the planners are?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Maybe she's tired of the backlash she receives every time she posts one of these videos and she won't post a christmas haul this year
Has any amount of backlash ever prevented Roobee from doing whatever the duck she wants? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Backlash or not, she always seems to claim the massive haul is "highly requested". Although she at least makes a teeny effort to say she's grateful for everything she's received and how privileged she is (despite admitting to returning presents she didn't like/felt she didn't need and showing things that we definitely never see again). I think we can expect to see the haul before the new year. She just can't help herself and it's easy content.

Reactions: 17

We may not have the haul yet, but there's always videos like this to look back on! Featuring gems such as 'Hermione would send messages to her friends and family members asking if they've recieved the cards that she posted to them', and 'making an itinerary is a great way to make sure your Christmas is organised and it's not just spent watching television'.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 27

We may not have the haul yet, but there's always videos like this to look back on! Featuring gems such as 'Hermione would send messages to her friends and family members asking if they've recieved the cards that she posted to them', and 'making an itinerary is a great way to make sure your Christmas is organised and it's not just spent watching television'.
holy hell all these videos make me want to do is beat Roobee over the head with a pool noodle and tell her to STOP bleeping SPEAKING FOR HERMIONE, THE ONE THING SHE WOULD DO IF SHE KNEW ABOUT YOUR VIDEOS IS CRINGE FOR YOU. (and I don’t just mean the Hermione videos)

edit: may I just add, I seem to be seeing a lot of new usernames here and want to wish everyone welcome, we’re clearly growing in numbers and that can only be a good thing ❤

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Maybe she's tired of the backlash she receives every time she posts one of these videos and she won't post a christmas haul this year
This seems likely. :( It wouldn't surprise me if she'd read requests for it here and decided against posting one as a big Christmas F U to Tattle.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Did someone notice her new video was modified?? I remember there was one shot that she cried because she couldn't find the reading material she need to read?and one in thread even made this scene as profile picture.

Has any amount of backlash ever prevented Roobee from doing whatever the duck she wants? 😂
the scene in your Profile picture is deleted in her new video now... It jumps directly to the endv

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
Did someone notice her new video was modified?? I remember there was one shot that she cried because she couldn't find the reading material she need to read?and one in thread even made this scene as profile picture.

the scene in your Profile picture is deleted in her new video now... It jumps directly to the endv
It’s originally from this video, from 6:10-6:40, I didn’t realise she’d recycled the clip in her new video? (I may have missed it though, I zone out pretty frequently during her videos)

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
It’s originally from this video, from 6:10-6:40, I didn’t realise she’d recycled the clip in her new video? (I may have missed it though, I zone out pretty frequently during her videos)
Sorry I mixed the video you mentioned with her new video... I use her videos as background sound while working this morning. Maybe it jumped onto this old one when the new one ended and I didn't realized.

Reactions: 2
Sorry I mixed the video you mentioned with her new video... I use her videos as background sound while working this morning. Maybe it jumped onto this old one when the new one ended and I didn't realized.
lol I frequently have her videos on as background noise on my iPad while I’m doing other stuff, and my device has this weird glitch where it will jump to the next video in random spots, so I can relate… most of the time I can’t even tell the video has changed tbh.

Randomly decided to watch this and it's crazy how healthier her hair looked. Way more thick and full. She seems happier too.

Reactions: 6

Randomly decided to watch this and it's crazy how healthier her hair looked. Way more thick and full. She seems happier too.
It's really sad. Her old content might have been cringeworthy but she seemed so much happier and healthier - just more comfortable with making videos. Now it seems like she doesn't have all that much passion for YouTube anymore, not to mention the eating-disorder-shaped elephant in the room.

Reactions: 32
Also it's worth remembering that for her escape room project, the actual assignment wasn't as simplistic and laughable as throwing together an Instagram page for an escape room.

The assignment was to conceptualise a way to reintroduce Dickens to a modern audience in a relatable and relevant way. It's still not the most challenging project for a third year uni course, but there's scope for students to come up with something substantial and impressive to showcase original, creative thought in context of the things they've learned across the module.

Ruby chose to go with a project idea that failed to meet the assignment criteria in almost every way and was delivered in the most lazy and incompetent way possible.

And she cheated, too. She made social media the focus of her project to sloppily advertise a new business, and then begged her fans to follow it. She weaponised her social media following to try to give herself a grade advantage.

Why would you ask people to follow a social media page designed only for a uni assignment? She clearly intended to go to her tutor and use that as proof that her business idea attracted a young audience. Only...none of them would've followed that page if Ruby - someone with a prominent social media following - hadn't asked them to. And the contents had no bearing on them following it - they would've followed whatever it was just because Ruby asked.

She hasn't revealed what she got for that project, but if it's a passing grade, that's as damning an indictment of Exeter's grading integrity as any.
I know we've passed it but just to add to that, any similar assignments I have done have always had a essay attached to it that require you to explain and justify your project using primary and secondary sources. Maybe they had to or maybe that was also done as a group and Ruby excused herself from writing it since she brought in all of the followers to the mast fully photoshoped insta account

Reactions: 4

It's crazy how much she's got though. Ruby is the real life Dudley Dursley. In light of her deterioration and Mother Granger/Daddy Bones' aloofness about it all I can't help but think that material excess only gets you so far. Of course it's great to be showered with presents but it's emotional support, warmth and care that matters. And I can see none of that in the Granger household.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
This seems likely. :( It wouldn't surprise me if she'd read requests for it here and decided against posting one as a big Christmas F U to Tattle.
Thing is, Ruby is silly. The turn around for these videos is FAST. She’s missing out on a golden opportunity for lots of views and potential subscribers. People search for these videos practically on Christmas Day and she’s delaying the view wave. If I were her management I would not be happy, it’s lazy and she’s hindering her already limited growth.

Reactions: 11
It's crazy how much she's got though. Ruby is the real life Dudley Dursley. In light of her deterioration and Mother Granger/Daddy Bones' aloofness about it all I can't help but think that material excess only gets you so far. Of course it's great to be showered with presents but it's emotional support, warmth and care that matters. And I can see none of that in the Granger household.
I do think both parents are incredibly inept. Daughter #1 has extremely unhealthy habits and is dealing with an ED and they appear completely oblivious. Daughter #2 dropped out of Uni and was congratulated (and methinks that was the first time mother granger heard about it). Not a very good look for them.

Reactions: 20
I do think both parents are incredibly inept. Daughter #1 has extremely unhealthy habits and is dealing with an ED and they appear completely oblivious. Daughter #2 dropped out of Uni and was congratulated (and methinks that was the first time mother granger heard about it). Not a very good look for them.
Martha reminds me of Effy Stonem in the first few series of Skins a weird way, tries to be different and quirky to make up for the fact she’s trapped. When in reality, she’s nothing like the way she comes across. She over compensates. As for dropping out of uni, I think it’s the privilege. Even though I hated uni, there was no way I could drop out and have that much debt with nothing to show for it. Yet with people like Martha, did she really give it a try? Either way, doesn’t matter as she knows her parents are easily covering the cost. I’m sure the fees for one year of uni is less than 1 term of her old school..?

• Wow
Reactions: 19
That block is well deserved imo. Don’t you realise that questioning Rubys actions is considered a very serious form of bullying?! Smh!!
You're quite right. I also bullied her about not knowing the difference between candle/candle stick/ chamberstick. And then I made matters worse by questioning whether she had actually read anything by Charles Dickens (all evidence to the contrary). I suppose I should also not have mocked whether to buy her multiple planners and whether they were supported by Notion or not.

She really does not have the wit to be a scam artist. She just exploits the vulnerable.

Reactions: 13
Thing is, Ruby is silly. The turn around for these videos is FAST. She’s missing out on a golden opportunity for lots of views and potential subscribers. People search for these videos practically on Christmas Day and she’s delaying the view wave. If I were her management I would not be happy, it’s lazy and she’s hindering her already limited growth.
Another thing I realised, Ruby is silly by not using affiliate links. In her Christmas gift ideas video she didn’t link ANYTHING apart from her planner. Silliness.

Reactions: 4
Just out of curiosity, what advice would we give Ruby if she genuinely did read here?
I would advise her to (a) get some medical help as a matter of urgency (b) to recognise that she is not the cleverest person in the room (as she erroneously believes) (c) to stop stealing money under the guise of 'worthy cause'.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.