Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Phoebe Weatherfield

She probably thinks it's a type of tea
Careful now. Ruby will be starting her letter writing campaign to Bird and Blend as a result of your post:

"Dear Bird and Blend Factory worker, I was head girl of my school and as a result I have read about working people like you. For my dissertation I would like to do a collaboration with you on your tea and make it as good as my sweatshop that churns out poorly constructed planners.
ACT-SHULLY (finger point) I have some wonderful ideas for teas which I am happy to charge you a lot of money for:

(1) Brexit Blend - a refreshing tea made from only British leaves, that will cost an inordinate amount of money and leave you with a bad taste in your mouth for years to come;

(2) Tory Tea - this one would have to be very expensive in lieu of ghastly working people sullying it. A rich blend of privilege and ignorance for special Victorian children such as myself and the Rees Moggs.

• Haha
Reactions: 34

gossip_guy

VIP Member
Untitled089.jpg

She's responded to someone on the comments for her latest video, parroting the same response as she did before, doubling down on the blatant, gaslighting lie that all orders were shipped the week before Christmas.

"There was a problem in the warehouse." Did the problem in the warehouse affect your ability to type an honest, transparent statement to customers instead of ghosting everyone? Unless a forklift truck ran over your fingers, I don't see that being the case.

Why did nobody get dispatch emails? Why did the people who paid for tracked shipping not get any tracking details? None of this adds up.

Lying to people ain't good enough, Ruby. Telling people who've waited a month that the solution is to wait longer isn't good enough. Telling people to trust you/your company - y'know, the people who've done nothing but lie and ignore people - when you say that they're on route isn't good enough.

This isn't an isolated incident. It happens every single time you release something. What are you going to do to rectify this? And why have you done nothing to improve the situation at any point in the past? Why are planners released so last minute when there's almost zero change in design since the last one and you have months to prepare that shit?

Ruby's new to-do list if she has any sense left:
  • Full statement/apology that addresses this issue and ongoing issues at the company. Break down your actual role in the company - you're the face of it, so people deserve to know if you have any actual control over anything at all if they're going to buy the things you endorse from a company you claim is yours.
  • Refund all postage across the board.
  • Upgrade any unshipped orders (which seems to be almost all of them) to the fastest, tracked shipping option at no extra charge to mitigate their wait.
  • 20% partial refunds for all customers who purchased planners and for some reason wish to keep that shit, to off-set the month/s that will be unusable since the planners arrived late.
  • Offer pre-paid postage for all returns/refunds. People shouldn't have to pay to return of weeks-overdue shit.
It's going to cost you and your company some money to buy back any good will at this point, Ruby.

• Wow
  • Heart

buflesse

Chatty Member
I wonder if Ruby's mum knows that most of her blog post views are from exasperated Tattlers who think her and her family are a mess 😂

• Haha

Welshgal

VIP Member
There‘s also a huge difference between living in your parents home but behaving like an adult and whatever Ruby is doing right now.

Reactions: 33

teflonpanda

Chatty Member
This is one reason why I’m glad that Ruby doesn’t live in the cottage. Just thinking about it from a tenant’s perspective, moving house is really expensive and stressful. To play house in her cottage Ruby would have to evict the tenant and I would be irrationally annoyed if she did that because we all know that she’d last about one night before moving back home. How annoyed would you be as the tenant to find out that you’d been evicted and had to find a new home just because a vlogger with Peter Pan syndrome wanted to play with a life-size doll‘s house and then changed her mind about living there a week or so later? I don’t really care what Ruby does at home or on her own money (or with her own family …) but her inconveniencing unrelated people would annoy me a lot.
*flashbacks to me getting evicted from my flat so that my landlord's granddaughter could move in to go to university, except she dropped out of university after four weeks so she didn't need the flat after all but I had already been evicted🙃*

But yeah, more on topic - I completely agree with you and honestly it bothers me a lot that Ruby pretends to be a 'struggling student' or whatever by remarking that some books are too expensive for her when she's literally a homeowner with rental income every month for god's sake. On top of her parents being loaded so she doesn't even need the money she makes from youtube ads!

Though it's also kind of darkly funny how she's swimming in money and priviledge but she's still so unhappy.

• Angry
  • Wow

LitNerd

Chatty Member
Seems more than fair to me.

Aside from her fans, who would be more likely to sign up to her uni already without the paid ads, the average student isn't going to be swayed into signing up by a privileged YouTuber peddling toxic productivity habits in videos full of lies and fabricated schedules. The uni is tarring their reputation by associating with someone like that, and that was before she'd added another dozen shady controversies to her belt.

But more importantly, how many students who don't already have the wealth and social media following that Ruby has got the opportunity to be a paid spokesperson for the university?

It's yet another instance where Ruby didn't need the money, but that opportunity could've made a real difference to someone else. It's another instance where Ruby should've stopped, thought if it was right ("Could someone else use this money more?", "Do I spend enough time here and enjoy it enough to endorse it?", "Is this a conflict of interest? I shouldn't take the money if it'll raise questions of favouritism in my viewers, or affect my ability to be honest about the uni in my content...") and declined.

If I was a parent and my kid was having to work a job alongside uni to pay to stay at their first choice uni, meanwhile the university threw tuition fee money at a rich, spoiled influencer who was vocal about it not being the uni they wanted to go to, who actively spends as little time as they can on campus and actively encourages toxic productivity in students, I'd be fucking livid about the university's choices.

The university was stupid and senseless to do it. Ruby's fans would've already got all the Exeter University advertising in the world for free through her study vlog content. And the average student isn't going to leap to sign up just because a spoilt, judgemental Hermione impersonator tells them to in ads she got paid to read. That money could've gone towards scholarship programmes, or books and facilities that would benefit everyone. Instead it was more money in Ruby’s Scrooge McDuck hoarded pool of cash.

If anything, it's a massive conflict of interest to pay an influencer enrolled at the university where their grades are assigned to speak favourably about said uni. Warranted or not, it's going to raise lots of questions when the dumb-as-rocks influencer student who gets improbable firsts across the board is a paid employee of the university who never says a bad word about said university in her content.
I used to work as a Student Ambassador for my uni. It was a paid job and we worked on open days but also school visits both in the uni and external and travelled the country it was a job that you got out what you put in and we were paid. It was literally my part time (nearly full time) job during uni and it’s bloody hard work if you want to get the max out of it between memorising, networking and learning to manual labour of five days setting up open days and two days packing them down, travel and nine hours on your feet delivering hour long campus tours to upwards of 40 guests, and it is something you can build into a career… then to see one of Ruby’s slap dash videos (yes the production was a little better in her first year than it is now but still) get promoted far and wide by the uni themselves and likely paid for it… I don’t know with my experience it just feels like a little bit of a slap in the face? I know the outreach team probably chose her which is the team student ambassadors come under but if you’re trying your best at something like that it just feels a bit meh 🤷🏼‍♀️

Also highly recommend checking out PaigeY’s latest IG post about her New Years goals from last year and if she achieved them, she’s always been my favourite studytuber but good god the difference in independence, actual obtainable goals perfectly balancing big dreams and being realistic (eg she mentions working out just once a week and that she’s done it sometimes but not all the time and that’s fine) - the difference is just absolutely outstanding and going from Ruby twirling around to that is such a breath of fresh air

Last edited:
  • Heart

Griftwood

VIP Member
Another video? Didn't she say she wouldn't see us again until after the holidays?
She filmed this one before yesterday’s video, and she’s incapable of comprehending time in any other capacity than her own present time, so in her mind, that was the last time she would see us before the holidays, even though 1) she said in the same video she’d be posting a routine on xmas eve and 2) she doesn’t actually see us, she only sees the camera, whereas we have to look at her.

also ot this is the first year I’m not celebrating xmas at all and there’s a pending family emergency, so I’m shamelessly depending on Tattle to keep my spirits up

• Heart

gossip_guy

VIP Member
She's read Orwell's 1984 but didn't understand one bit of it. Could've as well not read it at all...
I think the most she read of 1984 was some quotes she found and misinterpreted on Goodreads.

Just yesterday Ruby posted another reminder of how Ruby only pretends to read.

Here she is kneeling uncomfortably on the dirty, ash-covered hearth "reading" stupidly close to the fire. 💫

The page she's "reading" pensively for far too long? It's the title page.

• Haha

buflesse

Chatty Member
I struggle to feel sorry for Ruby because if she's alienated people, it's her own fault. Erimentha is a genuinely unpleasant character who gives us an insight into the kind of person Ruby is. And she's not exactly a retiring wallflower - she's pushy, overconfident, she harrasses lecturers, she controls Blakeney eg not allowing her to have her own fridge magnets on the fridge, she is more interested in hoarding money than making friends. There's no smoke without fire. I think the problem is that she was brought up to believe she was some kind of special golden girl and that being academic mattered more than friendships. Uni would have come as a big shock to her.

sitkx

VIP Member
"I'm gonna put some dirt dust and dead flies in your eye."

While we're on the subject of mind-boggling stupidity and Ruby's house of putrid squalor:

Ruby's mother's latest blog is up and...as usual, there's a lot to digest.

"Some friends were due to come over for a movie night and so I was running about trying to make the house look tidier and clean up before they arrived. I set the Roomba off downstairs and was soaking some dishes in the sink when my mobile rang. I answered but could hardly hear a word, so shut myself in another room to take the call. Minutes passed and by the time I emerged, there were a couple of inches of water covering the kitchen floor. Argh! I had left the tap running."

As always with Ruby and her mother, stupidity causes a problem that they then wildly and blatantly embellish, but they're never to blame. Her mother's frequent bouts of dangerous idiocy are always framed as someone or something else's fault. Here she was simply too damn busy juggling all that cleaning, getting ready for another Tory Covid-spreader get-together, when some inconsiderate person decided to call her. "Argh!" indeed.

View attachment 971034

Let's unpeel the layers of stupidity here. "Soaking some dishes" generally means...well, soaking them - leaving them in a still body of soapy water. "Soaking some dishes" does not cranking the taps, standing back and having a glass of wine, which is what is being described as happening here for this whole thing to happen.

View attachment 971035

Now, we've seen this family's kitchen. We know that zero cleaning takes place. But this tall tale of allegedly unavoidable disaster raises obvious questions.

They have a dishwasher. This is the whole point of owning a dishwasher - for the convenience of being able to load it up and walk away. They're the laziest, most spoilt toffs who ever dodged their taxes. There is zero possibility that given the choice between the option of soaking dishes in the sink before hand-washing them, or just shoving them all in the dishwasher and letting nature take its course, that Ruby or her mother would choose the former.

View attachment 971036

To prove this point: Mother Granger previously posted a self-congratulatory blog about how she bought - (Gasp!) - an upright vacuum cleaner.

This is evidently used as nothing more than a novelty decoration/beret holder in that house, since Ruby's mother sends a poor underpowered and unprepared Roomba up against the mountainous piles of dirt, grime, dust and god knows what else instead of vacuuming. It's a bit like putting a butter knife in the hands of a malnourished child and sending up against the entire Roman legion alone; that poor bastard is gonna die in seconds.

View attachment 971037
(Ruby's Roomba, praying for the sweet release of death.)

The fact that Ruby's family let a Roomba handle all their household cleaning explains a lot about how constantly filthy that house is, considering they aren't known to work great on hard surfaces and Ruby's home is all tile and hardwood. But regardless, it's very clearly the lazy option, instead of mopping the kitchen floor or hoovering the living room(s). So the idea that Mother Granger would willingly do dishes by hand when there's a more convenient/lazy option available doesn't make sense. Either she's lying (most likely) or she's an idiot (also a given). It's definitely both.

Now, from the sounds of it, Mother Granger was alone in the kitchen. So what was making so much noise that Mother Granger had to flee the room? Was the noise on the other end of the phone, and Ruby's mother's just a complete moron trying to escape it by changing her location? Or is cleanliness such an alien concept in their house that the sound of running water is apparently so unfamiliar and abrasive to Ruby's mother that she had to run away and put a closed door between her and it to be able to hear a phone call?

"The Roomba was stranded roller deep, so I scooped it up and put on the radiator to dry off - not sure that is recommended in the manual."

So...Ruby's mother had the Roomba cleaning the kitchen? Roombas generally don't seem to be especially loud, and there's the obvious solution: If it's making noise and you want it to stop, just switch it off for a few minutes.

View attachment 971038

And putting plastic objects on old, piping hot steel radiators is always a smart decision that never ends badly.

If Ruby's mother's attention span and object permanence are so non-existent that she'd run away leaving free-flowing water filling a plugged sink and shut herself in another room long enough for the kitchen to flood with water two inches deep on the floor, then it's easy to see where Ruby's complete life incompetence comes from.

"I grabbed some old dog towels and threw them about to soak up the access spillage, when the doorbell rang. I let in my guests, who hardly battered an eyelid when they saw the chaos in front of them."

No fucking shit. If they'd visited your home before, they're undoubtedly well aware of the putrid state of squalor your house is perpetually in. They're more likely to be shocked that anyone in the family was pretending to do housework.

View attachment 971039

And how many "dog towels" do they own that we're to believe that she mopped up most of a two inch kitchen flood with them?

"Cathy offered to mop up but I said not to worry, as it would most probably evaporate overnight or while we watched the film - she looked dubious."

The state of horrifying mess and filth that infests their home is so commonplace that even the guests are offering to clean, because the people who live there clearly won't.

Ruby's mother believed that two inches of water would just evaporate overnight - if not in two hours - in a house with no modern heating system in the dead of winter.

View attachment 971040

Again, either she's lying her ass off and this two inch high flood of water was actually a small puddle, or just didn't exist, or she's a colossal moron. It's still both.

"I had hardly a clue what was going on during the latest Bond."

Ruby's mother, to no surprise, is easily confused by a relatively straightforward popcorn action movie.

View attachment 971041

Another week, another wildly embellished tale of disaster that (if it even happened) was the result of stupidity, but is blamed on the unfair whims of outside forces. This family is too dumb to function.
I have no words. Roomba on radiator?…spillage will evaporate?…dog towels to soak up “a couple of inches of water covering the kitchen floor”?…
AD2BDF66-4BA6-44A7-9C4E-5C9E3818DE9C.jpeg

• Haha

roobee

"Also, major impostor syndrome; I can't tell you why I was asked to do this," Roobee says as she is filming herself talking in the q&a panel of the performance.

Babe, it's not impostor syndrome when you are actually unqualified to do the thing you are doing. You are not an expert in Victorian literature; the organizers wanted to include you in the panel just because they thought you could psyop your followers into buying more tickets and I am sure some of them did because they are eating out of your hand.

Also, not Roo trying to include freaking MARX in her lil vid hahaha:

Attachments

• Haha
The more I learn about Clare, the more I completely understand so much of Ruby's behavior and how she developed some of her worst habits. Her mother is too much! They all act like they are God's gifts to the world, who should be praised for simply existing. All of these blog posts, (greatly embellished or not) are written by someone who thinks way too highly of themselves, even though there is absolutely nothing that remarkable about Clare from everything I can tell. Why does she try to pass off doing household chores and hanging out with friends as some grand adventure worthy of documenting on a blog? Doing chores and watching a movie sounds like an average night for most people, Clare. Sorry, but your life really isn't that interesting.

She clearly reinforced having a conflated sense of self and of entertaining delusions of grandeur, in her own daughter by constantly telling Ruby that she was a special little snowflake. And of course Ruby internalized that. No wonder she has never learned how to accept even slight criticism. Anyone who doesn't praise Ruby for being the best and brightest at all times, is just a jealous bully, because her mummy said so.

Are all rich people mediocre, insufferable assholes, or is the Bones family just uniquely awful?

Ilaariaa

VIP Member
I fucking love it when people react to criticism by accusing others of being jealous. It's the most trite argument ever for this kind of thing.
Sure, keep telling yourself that anyone who dares criticize precious little Ruby is a mean, spaghetti strap wearing bully who is jealous of the nerdy straight-A student, as if real life is a bad 90's movie. It's way easier than facing criticism and trying to improve, after all.

Screenshot_20220101-233629_YouTube.jpg

Our friend Penultimate H back again with the creepy compliments

• Haha
  • Sick

mooncat

wait, since neither ruby nor martha have uploaded a video today, could you say this is a
no bones day?

i'm going to regret this later but it's very funny to me right now and i wanted to share my genius idea with you

• Haha

opal73

VIP Member
It just baffles me she had no opinion what so ever, what did she think they were going to ask her when she got given the poem? It doesn’t seem like she knew they were going to give her a poem, I thought she would have looked up these kinds of stuff on the Oxford University website and she probably got an email about it.
I think mainly she froze because she was never put in a situation before where she wasn't just regurgitating facts but had to express her own opinion. She wanted to go to Oxford since she was 12 and basically spent sixth form preparing by giving herself all this extra work and creating a massive folder. She put so much focus towards her academics and preparation that she didn't think she'd have an issue with the real interview.

At least she's not so deluded to try to claim her interview was perfect and Oxford made a mistake in rejecting her. She knew she would be rejected after her first interview. She was very honest in her video where she looks back on application.

figgypud

Chatty Member
Ruby's favourite brand is currently trending on Twitter for all the wrong reasons:

And while I was on there, I bumped into this and immediately thought of Ruby:

That author has rejoiced at having a quote from "the queen herself" J.K. Rowling on her feminism book so I strongly suspect she's a transphobe. If she is, I'm absolutely on the side of Waterstones for distancing themselves from her values.

• Heart

gossip_guy

VIP Member
no but this is her mostest favouritest one. now stop the bullying or you're not getting a planner!
Reading between the lines:

Commenter: "Ruby sure lies a lot about everything, huh?"
Ruby:
wait_until_youre_older_then_youll_understand_08.gif

Haha. I wonder if they even use their own products. I’m sure I can manage without any of their planners, but perhaps someone should comment on one of Ruby’s videos that at least Jack’s planners arrive on time.
The irony is, they're made by the same company and shipped from the same warehouse, so this fictional "warehouse problem" was apparently isolated to Ruby's section of the warehouse.

• Haha
  • Heart