Ruby Granger #21 Dirty kitchen, messy car; I wonder where the planners are?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
why did she put the tinted moisturiser on after all the products? doesn't that defeat the purpose (i mean tinted moisturiser doesn't do much but still)

Reactions: 4
The amount of time she spent focussed on that lit match really shows she doesn't get out enough.

Reactions: 6
"I wake up between 6 and 7. But this particular morning, I actually woke up at 4:30."

I usually wake up somewhere around 6-7 too. If I wake up at 4:30, I'll go back to sleep

Some times I can't believe I would literally idolize her and think "What would Ruby do? :)" Now I'm just like...I don't even think she knows what she's doing.

• Haha
Reactions: 45
the way even she gives up on this "video" and BLARES music on top of the regular music just so she can abruptly stops the "vlog" in the middle of things...she doesn't even care

Reactions: 17
IMG_20211224_134137.jpg

can you imagine rubester adding screenshots of anime characters to her cozy "christmas academia" wall moodboard 😭

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 36
I was so confused at the shot of the candle until I realised she was trying to blow it out. Where's the vintage Victorian candle snuffer gone?

Reactions: 9
4:30am and she’s crashing around the kitchen for literally no reason during the holidays!! How selfish is this girl 💀
If you did that in my household you’d be getting clarted lmao.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
ED theorizing re. getting up at 4:30: She’s complained before about having insomnia, maybe she’s up early because she’s hungry. OR she wanted to have breakfast (or pretend to have breakfast) before anyone else was up to witness it. Then she can make her parents breakfast and claim she already ate. Making food for others while not eating any yourself is boringly typical and she knows she’s just ED baiting left and right as usual.

Then again, with all her ”outfit changes”, who knows how many days are in this vlog. Honestly, I’m so cynical about everything she does these days, I wouldn’t be surprised if she felt like she’d gone too long without anyone telling her she’s looking skinny and should eat more, so she staged a bit of an anorextravaganza for our festive enjoyment.

also I find it fascinating how most people get freckles during the summer but they fade during the winter, whereas Roobee’s freckles come and go like the wind, looks like they’ve landed in particularly thick throngs this xmas eve morn

50E4EEF7-3B0E-4E2C-B33E-62CD37CE99C9.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Sick
Reactions: 21
Sorry but that version of The Nutcracker starting at around 3:20 is hideous - every second note sounds like it was produced by somebody sitting on a cat with an oboe strapped to its mouth. I think my ears are bleeding.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
She does go to bed around 9pm at the latest so 9-4:30 is a decent 7.5 hours. (I’m a natural early bird, but also a late owl so I get about 3-4 hours!).

• Wow
Reactions: 5
god, films herself brushing her teeth but you never se her eat one bite? that mug on the chair where she was reading gave me anxiety. also the camera was moving, which makes me wonder which poor family member had to film her (probably martha as punishment for ED-boardgate)

just want to add that thanks to you guys i’m extremely afraid i’m misusing “which” so please tell me if i do because as opposed to roobmas here i want to learn something, thanks

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Her breakfast - a tiny handful of pistachio nuts, what looks like a quarter cup of oats, a spoonful of peanut butter and some pitiful frozen fruit mixed with 14 cheerios. Then, not only does she serve this to herself but she subjects her poor parents to the same thing by making them breakfast as well!?

Reactions: 16
Technically, you use that when the relative clause is defining and which when the relative clause is non-defining.
Defining relative clause: The planner I bought from Ruby/ that I bought from Ruby hasn't arrived yet.
It's defining because the relative clause is necessary to understand which planner you're talking about.
Non-defining relative clause: The planner, which I bought from Ruby, hasn't arrived yet.
Here, the relative clause is not necessary and could easily be omitted, so it's non-defining.
Which is also obligatory when the relative pronoun refers to a whole sentence instead of a single word. (Ex: The planner I bought from Ruby hasn't arrived yet, which is unacceptable)

At least this is how I learnt it in uni lol in informal spoken language the rules are probably less strict.
That makes sense, thank you for explaining! You'd think Ruby would have more of a grasp of these things, being an English university student. But instead it sounds like she chooses whatever she thinks sounds the smartest/most pretentious.

Reactions: 5
Just watching her latest effort - consider me très, très surprised that Ruby has a ‘lounge’ in her house and not a ‘sitting room’. That’s very non-U, Ruby obviously hasn’t encountered Nancy Mitford yet.

Also, if Ruby does read here then please can we have a New Year resolution to stop using that scene of ‘cursive’ writing at the end of almost every video. It looks like a Primary school child practicing handwriting and is really odd to have at the end of a video by a twenty-odd year old.

Reactions: 28
Motion to make next thread name Englebert Plumperding
Yes please! Rooblebert Plumperding? Rhubarb Plumperding? Ribena Plumper-Ding?

1640360213595.png

Sorry this is OT, but I love how the Christmas snow effect has improved everyone's profile pics. Jade looks as though she's melting.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.