Ruby Granger #19 Finished my porridge, eaten my peas; mummy, I'm homesick, take me home please

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I hope she never goes into the restaurant/cafe business.
Ruby: "Hello, it's Roobee and welcome too thee grand opening of Cafe Roobee! And tooday thee house special is gyowing tyoo bee a cup of pour-ij with cabbage water dressing and a sprinkling of grated carrot."

Customer: "Umm, what else do you have?"

Ruby: "Well, we also have pico-lays a la Roobee, so they come with a shot glass' worth of frozen peas and a thimble of peanut butter."

Customer: "...and what else do you have?"

Ruby: "Well, I always have a granola bar and would definitely recommend that for the main course."

Customer: "...Do you have any actual food? With, like, proper serving sizes? It's like the menu was created by a toddler."

Ruby:
Untitled0000.jpg

Post on Cafe Roobee's Instagram page: "Cafe Roobee will be closed indefinitely following the manager being subjected to horrific bullying by ungrateful customer."

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Ruby: "Hello, it's Roobee and welcome too thee grand opening of Cafe Roobee! And tooday thee house special is gyowing tyoo bee a cup of pour-ij with cabbage water dressing and a sprinkling of grated carrot."

Ruby: "Well, we also have pico-lays a la Roobee, so they come with a shot glass' worth of frozen peas and a thimble of peanut butter."

Ruby: "Well, I always have a granola bar and would definitely recommend that for the main course."

Customer: "...Do you have any actual food? With, like, proper serving sizes? It's like the menu was created by a toddler."

Ruby:
View attachment 860981

Post on Cafe Roobee's Instagram page: "Cafe Roobee will be closed indefinitely following the manager being subjected to horrific bullying by ungrateful customer."
What video is that last screenshot from? 😂

Reactions: 1

Ruby:
View attachment 860981

Seasonal items include: a tiny spoonful of canned pumpkin with your watery cabbage oatmeal. So tiny in fact, you'll need a microscope to see it. But it's ASS-thetic so don't complain. And definitely don't ask for more or you'll be beaten with an authentic Victorian ladle (c. 1865).

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
What video is that last screenshot from? 😂
It's from this essay grade reaction video:

It's peak Ruby stupidity.

She's "so brave" for showing that she cried like a baby for sympathy after getting a lower grade than expected after (yet again) wilfully ignoring all instructions and "taking chances" with whatever irrelevant crap she put to paper.

Naturally, she thinks it's not her fault at all. It's the system's fault for not rewarding her for submitting experimental nonsense in lieu of a coherent essay that answers the clear question she was given.

She's crushed by a high 2:2 (which still isn't the worst grade) and claims she was hoping for a 2:1 because "you can't predict getting a first, but..." - her oh-so-humble way of saying she expected to be given a first.

As with most UK degrees, her 1st year essay grades do not count towards final degree grade. If she'd actually gotten a first, it would've meant just as little to her final grades, which makes this especially stupid to have spent far too much time on this mess and have a breakdown over the predictable result.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
For some reason I was reminded of her throwaway line about child poverty in her latest video and I think it tells a lot about her character.
How can you say something like that while filming a Youtube video that you're going to earn money from, while sitting in a literal mansion and using expensive electronics that you were gifted by a company, and fail to notice the immense irony of what you're saying?
Would it have killed her to add "Check out the link in the description to donate to this important cause"? She didn't even have to donate herself, just encouraging her followers to do it would have sufficed. Instead she says nothing and the result is she comes across as a spoiled, rich, greedy little girl who is blind to her own privilege.
Of course if people donate to charities to end child poverty that means they have less money to spend on Ruby's crappy planners and we can't have that.

• Sad
Reactions: 18

Ruby:
View attachment 860981

crying!Roobee gives me life, I don’t care if it’s wrong 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
It's from this essay grade reaction video:

It's peak Ruby stupidity.

She's "so brave" for showing that she cried like a baby for sympathy after getting a lower grade than expected after (yet again) wilfully ignoring all instructions and "taking chances" with whatever irrelevant crap she put to paper.

Naturally, she thinks it's not her fault at all. It's the system's fault for not rewarding her for submitting experimental nonsense in lieu of a coherent essay that answers the clear question she was given.

She's crushed by a high 2:2 (which still isn't the worst grade) and claims she was hoping for a 2:1 because "you can't predict getting a first, but..." - her oh-so-humble way of saying she expected to be given a first.

As with most UK degrees, her 1st year essay grades do not count towards final degree grade. If she'd actually gotten a first, it would've meant just as little to her final grades, which makes this especially stupid to have spent far too much time on this mess and have a breakdown over the predictable result.
My fave thing about the video is that it’s titled ‘live reaction’ but it isn’t even a live reaction lmfao. She actually filmed herself opening these results and crying about them, edited the video and uploaded it for the world to see 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 19
me too, i love seeing rich privileged girls who are up their own arses getting a reality check ❤
I'd feel remotely bad if she ever showed herself crying for any meaningful reason, but it's always:

She didn't get something she thought she was naturally entitled to (grades, Oxford acceptance).
She did something incredibly stupid that was nobody else's fault but her own, but blamed everything/everyone else.
She didn't plan ahead for something she had plenty of time to prepare for despite being a self-proclaimed scheduling queen (like the time she didn't bother buying a book for the required reading in advance and had to settle for - shock, horror - an audiobook version).

So finding joy in her public duck-ups is definitely the deserved response.

Reactions: 21
I've just realised who Esme is (the friend Rubee went surfing with last week who turned out to be a family friend).

She's the girl who went to stay with Rubee for the Yule Ball in her first year, and was horrified to discover when she arrived that Rubee bought her a 'no alcohol' ticket.

Pre Blakeney, Rubee used to talk about three 'best' friends, Esme, Natasha and Immie. It turns out that Immie is Natasha's sister. I'm absolutely not saying that it's not possible to genuinely be best friends with the child of your parents' friends and your best friend's sister, obviously that's going to work for some people. But add in Molly (not YouTube Molly, the Molly she used to go Christmas shopping with and have over for bubble blowing campouts), the twins, her cousins, Martha's friend she claims to have been friends with first, and it starts to seem like a bit of a pattern.

Reactions: 28
She's the girl who went to stay with Rubee for the Yule Ball in her first year, and was horrified to discover when she arrived that Rubee bought her a 'no alcohol' ticket.
I just searched for the video because this sounded hilarious, and OMG Roby looks so healthy in comparison... :oops:

Reactions: 2
That's classic of her, and reminds me of Ruby's reaction to Blakeney having already tried sushi - "If I'm not doing something, I expect all of my friends to not do the same."

Reactions: 14
Obviously I'm not judging anyone who chooses not to drink, it's a personal choice. However, I can't help but feel like she's missed out so many experiences.

I was a goody two shoes until I turned 16. I'm now in my thirties, I do like to think I had a fun time getting drunk with my friends and being a bit of a "rebel" back in the day.

I can't help but wonder if ruby will regret not at least trying these experiences? I feel like being a rebellious teenager modelled me into the "mature" adult I am today.

Reactions: 4
All her friends names are so posh and twee It's so funny, tells you everything you need to know about who she solely associates with

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.