Ruby Granger #19 Finished my porridge, eaten my peas; mummy, I'm homesick, take me home please

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wonder how out of touch with reality she really is.

Does she not realise at all that eating cabbage porridge is in any way weird at all?
Like, why would you post that on instagram?

Most people who have odd/quirky eating habits tend to keep that stuff hidden because they're used to getting teased about it, or they know it's weird and really don't want to get into yet another discussion about it, or they feel self-conscious.

But she is so used to only talking to an extremely limited number of people in real life, and the majority of her interactions is online, either with die-hard fans or trolls (i.e. anyone who criticises her).

Has she forgotten that her entire life is on the internet, where the whole world can see her? Forever?

This girl really, really, really needs to start spending some time with different people instead of making the "executive decision" to avoid any and all interactions with anyone who is not exactly like her and retreating even further into her fantasy bubble.

She needs to have some friction in her life, some debates, disagreements, even arguments with people her own age. It would be so good for her. But she would interpret any kind of banter or animated discussion as bullying and miss out on some life-changing conversations.

Reactions: 26
The comment calling her out is at 50 likes now. There are also two more, with only one person white-knighting in the replies of one of them

Reactions: 22
Isn't Isabella Athena that studytuber that Ruby befriended who's younger than her? I don't know how old she is but I hope she's old enough to not be influenced by Ruby as regards food
Isabella is maybe 19-20?? I think she's a year under me at university and I've just turned 21. I don't think she'd be easily influenced by Ruby though. I follow her on instagram and I feel like she's become more herself if that makes sense.

Reactions: 1
I swear to god reading ruby's tattle after a night out is def an experience... I had a bottle of wine and some vodka so pls ignore any typos! it just highlights how out of touch ruby is from the normal student experience... not just drinking and going out bc doing neither of those things is perfectly ok and participating in student life doesn't require it either but things that I and most students are worried about (international students as well) like budgeting or getting a part-time job were never even in ruby's worldview. I already found a job at a night club(Scandalous ik) and just thinking abt how appalled our dear roobs would be is v entertaining.

Reactions: 12
I swear to god reading ruby's tattle after a night out is def an experience... I had a bottle of wine and some vodka so pls ignore any typos! it just highlights how out of touch ruby is from the normal student experience... not just drinking and going out bc doing neither of those things is perfectly ok and participating in student life doesn't require it either but things that I and most students are worried about (international students as well) like budgeting or getting a part-time job were never even in ruby's worldview. I already found a job at a night club(Scandalous ik) and just thinking abt how appalled our dear roobs would be is v entertaining.
It'll never happen in a billion years, but a video series where Ruby tries out various part-time jobs in a new place each week would be hilarious.

After working in a student bar for 15 minutes, she'd lock herself in the toilets and call her mum:

"Mummy, there's so many brutish delinquents out there and they're expecting me to provide them with ethanol! I tried to engage in what they call "banter", but telling them about various Victorian ailments and Emily Dickinson's morning routing didn't work on these uncultured swine! Please come get me! I hit the panic button on my child monitoring app, but it looks like dad has just been searching the house for me for hours, it looks like he's lost in there!"

• Haha
Reactions: 50
what exactly is the point of putting stinky cabbage water in your porridge. it can't taste good so is there any nutritional/weight loss benefit? just why?? i know ruby isn't exactly sane but why is she sharing this like it's an actual innovative recipe that people will use.

I wonder how out of touch with reality she really is.

Does she not realise at all that eating cabbage porridge is in any way weird at all?
Like, why would you post that on instagram?

Most people who have odd/quirky eating habits tend to keep that stuff hidden because they're used to getting teased about it, or they know it's weird and really don't want to get into yet another discussion about it, or they feel self-conscious.

But she is so used to only talking to an extremely limited number of people in real life, and the majority of her interactions is online, either with die-hard fans or trolls (i.e. anyone who criticises her).

Has she forgotten that her entire life is on the internet, where the whole world can see her? Forever?

This girl really, really, really needs to start spending some time with different people instead of making the "executive decision" to avoid any and all interactions with anyone who is not exactly like her and retreating even further into her fantasy bubble.

She needs to have some friction in her life, some debates, disagreements, even arguments with people her own age. It would be so good for her. But she would interpret any kind of banter or animated discussion as bullying and miss out on some life-changing conversations.
She thinks she is god's gift to humanity, and that every thought that comes out of her head is pure gold.
It's not so much a being sheltered problem as a being too full of herself problem.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Welp… she’s deleting comments.
It's weird, on her latest food post on her vegan profile there are almost ONLY negative comments, and some of them she deleted but some of them she didn't? There are negative comments that were posted today and they're suddenly gone, yet the negative comments from yesterday are still there. She must have seen them though. Why is she keeping some of them? What makes her delete the ones she deleted?

Reactions: 12
Notice she didn’t mention the LG Gram, I feel like that’s the one we really need to be asking her about 😂🙄 Anyone willing to take one for the team?

eta pic for reference since stories disappear
Just looked at this again and has she gone home again already this week? That's the rug in her "snug" (aka living room no. 437) and I can't see her pre-planning something as minor as a photo for an Insta Q&A considering how shambolic her schedules usually are.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
The only thing I hope is that she doesn't learn to hide her disordered eating habits from being called out for it. Online I completely agree that this isn't something she should be sharing but I do think Ruby is someone who takes criticism and being called out badly and it will only force her mask of perfection to become even stronger in front of the people who should be noticing and helping her.

Reactions: 4
Whoever it was that posted "you are 21 years old now Ruby - old enough to know better" on her horrible porridge post had me actually standing up and applauding. Won't make the comment stay though...
I am curious what she will do next? It's all negative at this point. Keep the account and ignore everyone or cry BULLIES and delete it?

Reactions: 19
^^ That doesn't mean her platform should be her space to flaunt her issues with food. This isn't her private account that she shares with close friends or family or a therapist. She is a social media figure who has quite a bit of influence on others, especially younger viewers. How she solves her issues is her own responsibility, at this point I couldn't care less whether she feels the need to hide it or not. She just needs to stop portraying this as something normal and something to aspire to.

Reactions: 25
^^ That doesn't mean her platform should be her space to flaunt her issues with food. This isn't her private account that she shares with close friends or family or a therapist. She is a social media figure who has quite a bit of influence on others, especially younger viewers. How she solves her issues is her own responsibility, at this point I couldn't care less whether she feels the need to hide it or not. She just needs to stop portraying this as something normal and something to aspire to.
100%, I meant in her personal life which is why I said I agreed that she shouldn't be sharing it online.

Reactions: 7
Whilst I don’t think she is particularly academically clever, I think that she knows exactly what she’s doing and that the post about this being very calculated was spot on. I am still unsure whether this is genuine or whether she is following the storyline of what an ED would look like, liking the aesthetic and copying/emulating Blakeney. She knows what she is doing with her posts, and she has been called out on it enough for this to be indisputable, especially when she deletes the comments that point this out (others she keeps possibly as they’re a bit more framed in care/concern?). Whatever, she is playing a dangerous and harmful game and I don’t believe for one second that she does not know exactly what she is doing. Her identity as a gifted child is diminishing and so she’s desperately trying to find a new identity…and copying her number one bestest friend ever!

Reactions: 10
Keep the account and ignore everyone or cry BULLIES and delete it?
Both.

She'll ignore and delete as long as she can get away with it. If people keep calling her out to the point where she has to address it (and hopefully they do), then this will be an exact repeat of the last time (and every other time she's been called out for her thoughtless fuckery).

She'll keep the account, post a lip-service "it's important that my social media is a safe space for everyone, thankyou for you concern, nothing to see here! 💛" comment while never acknowledging any wrongdoing or changing anything. She'll also mention that the negativity in the comments is affecting her mental health (with no regard for the mental health of others she impacts) and she needs to step away from social media for a while to recharge.

Her fans will dogpile anyone who doesn't accept that as an adequate response ("She's already addressed it!", "Think of her mental health!", "There's nothing wrong with her posts, stop projecting your issues onto her!", etc., etc.) and her self-imposed isolation from social media will last all of a day.

Reactions: 26
Haha, her post went from 7 comments back up to 18, I guess she likes being called out for deleting comments even less than she likes being called out for ed baiting 😂

Or she’s gearing up for the ”boo hoo I’m being bullied for posting pictures of my meals” post and needs to keep the evidence so her fans have someone to attack.

Reactions: 15
Someone pointed out that HER MUM LIKES HER BONKERS FOOD POSTS.

That is just... that's criminal. How can you be acutely aware of the dangerous and abnormal way your daughter is eating and not be alarmed?!

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 48
Someone pointed out that HER MUM LIKES HER BONKERS FOOD POSTS.

That is just... that's criminal. How can you be acutely aware of the dangerous and abnormal way your daughter is eating and not be alarmed?!
She's either completely ignorant, and thinks "Oooh my daughter is sooo creative with her food choices!" or she's liking the posts as some kind of misguided praise like "Well done for eating anything!"

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.