Ruby Granger #19 Finished my porridge, eaten my peas; mummy, I'm homesick, take me home please

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t think I’ve ever seen a notion video that wasn’t sponsored by notion…

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Whilst Ruby’s worshippers can’t even watch the video before needing to comment on how wonderful she is and how much they just know it’s going to be an amazing video, we eagerly await Gossip_guy’s post - knowing that this will be far more entertaining!

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I used notion up until a few months ago, so I don't know if this has changed, but do the notes get stored in a cloud? I stopped using it because there was simply no backup. Unless there is if there's a paying version?

I just find it hilarious that Ms Perfectionist Hermione Granger Wannabe might lose all her notes because notion is more Aesthetic.
I don't use Notion for "serious" stuff I need like notes precisely for that reason. Other than for random stuff like my watchlist or my expense tracker, I only use it as a backup to store documents I have on my laptop and such, so I can access them on other devices.
I also don't like to take extensive notes on Notion because, funnily enough, I don't like how they look lol I think they look messy. A simple Word document or a OneNote notebook looks neater in my opinion

Reactions: 15
why do she rely SO much on critical readings? Yes they can be helpful but there's no need to read so many, my module leaders literally said "you don't need to read all the extra reading we don't want that we want you to able to choose the most helpful ones"

Reactions: 10
What's with her calling her lecture notes "messy"? If that's messy, I'd love to know what my notebook is. They're notes, not illuminated manuscripts

Reactions: 8
Someone with knowledge of linguistics might know better than me, but has anyone else noticed the affectation in her speech is becoming less Hermione and more, I dunno, Duchess of Cambridge (closest person I can think of)

Text pronounced Taxt
Exeter = Axeter
Characters = Charecters

Reactions: 11
Someone with knowledge of linguistics might know better than me, but has anyone else noticed the affectation in her speech is becoming less Hermione and more, I dunno, Duchess of Cambridge (closest person I can think of)

Text pronounced Taxt
Exeter = Axeter
Characters = Charecters
Agreed. I just came here to say "TAXT" and you got there first 🤣

I noticed she says Nyyyyeotion, nyeotes, when pronouncing words starting with "n". Also she seems to be over enunciating "puh" sounds. It's ridiculous and clearly put on.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
Around 8 minutes into the latest video, she's trying to hide her annoyance that the people in her study group don't have Notion. Can you imagine the poor sods getting continuous emails from the already annoying person in the group?

"Hallo, it's Ruby! If you haven't already got Notion, I highly recommend it, our learning will be cohesive and enjoyable!"
"Ruby again, if we all use Notion we won't need a Google document! Have a productive day!"
"Hey guys! I'm in North Devon, surfing in the ocean. You know what rhymes with 'ocean?'
"Ok, you are all really starting to piss me off."

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
There was one point in the video where I thought she was going to pick up her candle like a cup of tea.

Reactions: 3
I'm not an English Lit student (i failed it in school too) but all the work she puts into her notion page for notes feels like too much. Any English lit students in here that agree?

Forgive my ignorance, what is notion? And what’s her connection to it?
It's a customisable note taking app, which Ruby likes to treat as the Second Coming of Christ. I've seen people use it for different purposes (a teacher to keep his lesson plans all together, people using it for work projects etc.) but Ruby just endlessly copies her notes from one app to another so why she finds Notion so impressive is beyond me.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Agreed. I just came here to say "TAXT" and you got there first 🤣

I noticed she says Nyyyyeotion, nyeotes, when pronouncing words starting with "n". Also she seems to be over enunciating "puh" sounds. It's ridiculous and clearly put on.
I did notice that her accent and cadence and tone of voice in general were particularly annoying in this video

Reactions: 5
I did notice that her accent and cadence and tone of voice in general were particularly annoying in this video
I totally thought the same, glad I'm not alone. Feeling too depressed tonight to watch her being babyish about her ASSter TAXTs so I clicked out. Thank god for gossip guy, must be working magic already.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
First time poster here but her pronunciation of lecture as 'lectare' is so grating, especially when she repeats that word so many times in the video (count the number of times she says 'lectare' drinking game anyone? 😂)

Also a minor gripe, but I don't get why she's so obsessed with secondary readings and yet she doesn't even give the page numbers after copying direct quotations from them?! I'd be really annoyed if I was Blakeney and we were supposed to be sharing our notes.

Reactions: 13
OK I only got 44 seconds through and already have to stop. What is with that Nietzsche quote, "Without cruelty there is no festival"!?

Is this whole idea that "to see others suffer does one good, to make others suffer even more" her twisted logic for ED baiting? This is going to some seriously dark places

Reactions: 13
First time poster here but her pronunciation of lecture as 'lectare' is so grating, especially when she repeats that word so many times in the video (count the number of times she says 'lectare' drinking game anyone? 😂)

Also a minor gripe, but I don't get why she's so obsessed with secondary readings and yet she doesn't even give the page numbers after copying direct quotations from them?! I'd be really annoyed if I was Blakeney and we were supposed to be sharing our notes.
If I were Blakeney I'd be a bit more protective of my notes, ngl. When my friends ask me if I can lend them my notes because they skipped a lecture or because they didn't understand something I have no problem doing that, but I would not just give free reign over my notes to someone else all year long. They can do their own work and I'll do mine and if we want to study together or compare notes it has to be a one-time arrangement

Reactions: 26
I used notion up until a few months ago, so I don't know if this has changed, but do the notes get stored in a cloud? I stopped using it because there was simply no backup. Unless there is if there's a paying version?

I just find it hilarious that Ms Perfectionist Hermione Granger Wannabe might lose all her notes because notion is more Aesthetic.
I think it's still a pretty cool app tho. Btw, anyone has recommendations about something like notion? Because Notion doesn't take french. It's so dumb idk why they don't but yeah I can't take notes on there all my éèùçàôê make the app crash.

Reactions: 3
I think it's still a pretty cool app tho. Btw, anyone has recommendations about something like notion? Because Notion doesn't take french. It's so dumb idk why they don't but yeah I can't take notes on there all my éèùçàôê make the app crash.
For notes, I like to use OneNote because it's straightforward and neat with the notebook/section/page system. It's not nearly as versatile as Notion but for notes specifically it works pretty well. And since it's a Microsoft app you can just set whatever language you need.
I tried using EverNote which was also good but for some reason my laptop overheated like crazy when I used it for relatively long stretches of time.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.