Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

username21

I agree with the "let's not give her what she wants" mentality re her ed but she is reading in this forum, so it's too late for that sorry. might as well be honest in here, because gaslighting is a thing

Reactions: 3

jiggy_girl

VIP Member
I doubt anyone even notices, that’s a pretty bizarre thing to be self conscious about. Most people have washing machines and I doubt they give it a second look
I agree, but does Ruby wash her clothes in between wearing them to cycle to and from campus? I doubt it

Reactions: 2

YellowLadybird

Chatty Member
So... anyone catch the comment that said she and Blakeney are a cute couple and that the commenter is so happy for them, plus rainbow emoji?
It's the closest to a romantic relationship she ever seems to have got, whether or not there are any of those feelings on either side!

Ilaariaa

VIP Member
Damn is thé video still up? Don’t remember this at all!
I do remember that in one of her What I read this year videos she mentioned a book that she bought and read under the impression that it was by Stephen King, when it was actually by a different author.

Lasagnacreamcone

Not sure what you mean by this...?

Sure, some people are naturally more talented, but can't everyone improve by practicing if they have something interesting to say?
I guess it depends what you like to read. But I'm gonna do a very simple example: pick a book by Lemony Snicket. Any one. Then imagine this book written in a very descriptive pov way. With good syntax and grammar and beautiful words tho. Same story and all. Do you think it would be as enjoyable?
That's what I mean by that.
Good authors have to improve and practice too. Maybe you can become good by practice alone, you know, trump destiny or whatever (not that I believe in that stuff). Some people have a lil something that make them good at it, that's all.

At this point, not one of her excuses and arguments would honestly surprise me, she isn't coping with her current lifestyle at all and it really shows in her online presence

Also, does anybody else on here remember how she went about her first-year announcement that she was changing uni courses? I remember her really hyping up the video, posting on Instagram what a big deal this news was to her and how she expects so many of her viewers to be shocked and even disappointed once they knew what it was for an entire week before even posting the thing... She even made a countdown to its release in her stories and premiered it! To me, the clickbaitiness of that whole ordeal really showed how calculating she could be. Do we think something similar might happen to her inevitable "I'm dropping out of uni?!? (taking a year out Q&A) II cottagecore dark academia sabbatical stationery haul #AD #gifted"?
Well obviously. When your whole life is about productivity, your failures also have to be used as a tool for growth of your business. Of course she's gonna do that.

Last edited:
i'm actually a little shocked that she's 21 and hasn't had sushi ? i understand ppl are apprehensive about sushi sometimes but come on not even some plain avocado sushi or some inari?
I think she was veggie for a long time before she went vegan but yeah exactly, there's avocado sushi. Tbf I'm from nowhere and also veggie so I didn't try sushi hardly at all before uni. So I guess I can sort of understand that she might not have had it, but its definitely bizarre she thought Blakeney hadn't either

CatCafe234

VIP Member
She could be going back to Exeter after spending time at home - I thought she said recently that she only had lectures on Mondays and Fridays?

flowerbomb99

It’s interesting because all the local grammar schools do far better on the league tables. So she must’ve not passed her 11+ ?

buflesse

Chatty Member
BTW I remember a few pages ago some people saying she left Pipers Corner and went to college aged 16, but an article on website describes her as the Head Girl and in the Upper Sixth. So she stayed there, no doubt to be coddled and primed for top unis in a way that wouldn't happen at a state school.

yayadumpling

Perhaps that is really strange in Korea ( I am taking your word for it ) but for the overwhelming majority of us in the west it is perfectly normal to have more than one piece of winter outerwear per person. Unless you are literally homeless and own nothing. It is not a sign or privilege or outrageous spending habits or being a strange person in general.
hey i'm an australian hahaha, hence why owning numerous coats is different. again, everyone i know in australia only has 1-2 coats. i can't remember exactly what ruby said and im not rewatching the video, it was just the way she seemed to emphasise having different coats that piqued my interest especially as i'm living in korea currently and most people i know choose to spend a decent chunk of money on one coat to last them a few winters lol. i would also have to disagree, in some cases owning more than a handful of coats would definitely be a sign of privilege as good quality lined coats (plus winter puffers) can cost hundreds of dollars! anyway enough of the coat talk lol

Literally, I have 3 outfits I currently wear to university. No one notices what you wear to lectures and no one cares either.
agree!!!!! i took me until now in my life to finally be comfortable and realise that literally nooooooo one cares (in a good way) about what you're wearing as an adult!

lupanda

One thing that really annoyed me was that she said society expects you to socialize as a form of self care and I feel like I’ve never hear that??? Even as a biased introvert I have never heard that you must spend time with people as a form of self care. I feel like she just says stuff with such complete certainity that make no sense whatsoever.
I hear the complete opposite far more often, actually…

irunforfun

VIP Member
at 1:20 she say's (I'm 90% sure) "I'm a massive reponant of that" when talking about immersive learning, does she mean proponent because reponant isn't a word
She does 😳
Plus why is she speaking so fast? Is it so that no one white catches what she’s saying so don’t realise she has no idea what she’s talking about and won’t notice her many mispronunciations or terrible grammar?