Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Ripley Rose Kat

VIP Member
I can't ever see ruby getting a job outside what she does. I can see her just doing everything to avoid it. She will probably do a few masters degrees I reckon.

Reactions: 4

Deeandra2020

is she trying to make her food as unappetising as possible? Because that’s 100% an ed sign: you don’t feel guilty if you don’t finish your portion + don’t wish for more

(TW: I suffered from anorexia many many years ago -recovered since and never relapsed- and remember buying carrot and whole grain snacks at the supermarket whose taste was terrible so I knew that once at home I’d never reach for them/be tempted to overeat)

as a plant-based person I wish she didn’t went vegan to limit her calories intake because it only aligns with the stereotypes many people already have about veganism aka a diet only consisting of restrictions/that makes people gaunt and malnourished
Is that why she put frozen peas in yogurt? Cause it looks so unappealing?

Reactions: 4

pwned

It was a recurring trend for her with this video, if not her entire life. The Scream Queens thing in particular stood out for me.

"There's nothing wrong with trying something new," she said bitterly, after doing everything she could to passive-aggressively get out of trying something new.
I liked reading this narration, "she said bitterly": it was like reading a little snippet of a novel. You should write more snippets from her videos like this. I can't really explain what I mean - it's just funny. I read it in my head like a bit of dialogue.

If Ruby were actually a germaphobe, she'd wear a K95 or FFP2 mask, as is required in some countries. She has enough money to buy these and they are not that bad to wear. Yes, they have to be replaced regularly, but that's how life is in a pandemic.

My feelings about touching things are kind of irrelevant because I personally have more anxiety about aerosols. I am part of a research project for the next few months and am dreading when the weather will make it too cold to have our weekly gathering outside at a café. I can't get my booster shot fast enough (but I have to wait until it has been 6 months since my 2nd shot). I guess I don't really hang out in stores and browse, now that I think about it. I just buy what I need and leave.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
her last video was about a "productive" saturday.. so usually mines are like super productive saturdays lol... i don't understand how she manages to do her homework in such a small period of time or opposite why she spends ages doing one thing lol i think she is like feeling she is still in high school

teflonpanda

Chatty Member
Right?!

The whole point of the video was to set up a pretend q&a with viewers who just so happened to have the exact same ”problems” as Ruby, and so be able to reassure herself that her behaviour is completely normal and that she’s right to 1) only do things she enjoys, 2) only go out of her comfort zone enough to make one friend so she can have a ”support system” at uni and 3) run home to mummy and daddy at every opportunity. She had to stage it as if she was addressing someone else than herself, so it wouldn’t sound quite so immediately ridiculous.

Can I also just say how much I’m loving that we’re picking over her Oxford rejection in excruciating detail 😂 If she indeed reads here, it must be so annoying for her, and I’m petty enough that the thought is kind of giving me life 😁 She was given a text with the word ”brine” in it, and she completely forgot the meaning of the word and so thought she’d open discussion by asking the interviewer what brine was 😅
Oh I didn't know that - was it that Walt Whitman poem about being underwater then? Or sth else with brine in it? Also wow, that seems like a very bad opening move for an interview like this! Maybe it was really more a matter of lack of conversation skills/social skills in a way.

yayadumpling

I know that Ruby was talking about Masters not too long ago, but I wonder if she changed her mind on doing one now that she's admitted disliking going to university. Could she do a Masters from home, or are all classes back to in-person in the UK? I could only see her pursuing higher education if she can do it from home.

I personally think that she'll pull through and finish her last year, or at least I hope she does. I know what it feels like to drop out and it's not a good feeling at all.
i'm assuming the UK has open online universities where you can study from home! so she could do that...

howaboutnot

In bulgarian they gender last names.
Loved all of this post!

One addendum: it's not just Bulgarian where last names have a gender, it's a pretty common feature of Slavic languages (and Greek if I remember rightly? Don't quote me on that though.)

Icelandic naming conventions are wild (by our dull English standards). A child's surname is one of their birthparent's names followed by "-son" [if they're a boy] or "-dóttir" [if they're a girl]. They can also wait for about 3 months before naming their child so they can get to know them a bit and pick a name they think will fit. As someone whose name really doesn't fit them (no it's not Daffodil thankfully) I am a tiny bit jealous of this.

Massive subject change: I did not expect Rubes to read clickforTaz's poetry. Do we think it was gifted or that she's trying to see whether there are any other YTers out there whose style she can copy now that she might be bailing out of acadAYmia?

rorygilmore2020

Ruby, we are so proud of you.

It's been long enough since you've been home. You are so brave to make this decision. We understand that you are enjoying this time at university like never before, we can see it in your eyes, but also that you are looking forward to seeing your parents again, because the letters, the video calls and the weekend at the beach with them have not allowed you to catch up with their life. Ruby, it's admirable that you admit it, we wish we had your courage and honesty at your age.

We also hope you are enjoying this holiday week very much. Don't forget to read A Little Princess again - a book to reread a thousand times! and share with us your latest children's picture book discoveries; it's a very unexplored field and you'll be able to give us your insightful point of view, as you normally do. We're sure you'll achieve the grades you wrote down in your diary three months ago.

And don't stress if you can't record any quality videos. After all, YouTube is secondary and doesn't feed you. Focus on enjoying your parents - and your sister from Sheffield!

Never change, kind Ruby.

With love,

xxx

(Does this satisfy everyone? 😇😇😇😇)

okay I'm never giving my opinion again hahahah this is very funny and i am sorry for my momentarily lapse where I forgot that this was a gossip forum and folk are brutal 😂😂😂

• Haha

gossip_guy

VIP Member
A 2:2? You are in a generous mood!
Well, a 2:2 at best - her uni seems awfully generous with her grades despite her clearly limited ability. But yeah, I think the pacing and style of Erimentha was probably the result of her imitating lots of middle-grade fiction like The Clique and Jacqueline Wilson that she'd been reading a lot of at the time.

Now I suspect she'd try to rip off Dickens or hand in 10,000 words of bottom-tier Emily Dickinson knock-off poetry to try to impress her tutors. And if she did that, I think she'd be better off just handing in 100 blank pages smeared with human shit.

• Haha

CarlotaJoaquina

Probably been mentioned already, but did anyone else notice she talks about 'adults' in her video like she isn't one and has been for at least three years now?

Also, as an introvert, I love uni. The idea of uni not being fun or whatever because you don't like parties and introverts are not made for uni is absurd. I love every second of my freedom at uni, because I get to be an introvert now.
At school, I had to go places because school told to or my parents did or you were 'supposed' to do things, but now I get to choose if I spend all day in bed or in the library or cycle to the woods or whatever. I can take long midnight walks in the city and cook for myself and talk to whoever I want to. In my country we don't live on campus, we just live in apartments in the city and it's up to the student to figure it out, so I got to decide where I wanted to live and what I could afford etc. I I can choose to eat nothing but toast for the day without anyone telling me different. And I can tell people I don't want to see them.
To me, this freedom was a large part of growing up because I also realised; everyone is doing this, figuring out who they are and want to be and do at this stage. No one cares if you like or dislike something, because they're all on the same journey as you are.
I think this is especially liberating for an introvert.
Damn ❤ if you ever decide to do Erasmus in Lisbon, please let's be friends?

• Heart

jiggy_girl

VIP Member
It's a GWR train, they run pretty much every service out of Exeter, unless she's going to London Waterlook (SWR) or beyond Bristol/the Cotswolds/London (those would be Cross Country)
So she's going somewhere in the South, probably home, it's not a local service to North Devon as those still have older interiors

What do we think Ruby will do when she finally finishes education? I can't imagine her not being 'school' oriented...

GoinDowntown

OT, but seriously, can someone explain to me what on earth is going on in the UK right now? I don't live there, though I once did. Are there really no restrictions and it's just, "OK, whatever" for the rate of infections?

I have been waiting forever to return there to do some work in a library and gather documents that I left in a safe place when I did live there. Because it is nowhere near an airport, I've been delaying this for 1.5 years now. It has never really been OK to travel there. But I was hoping I could this winter. Now I think I have to beg again for an extension.

The people there are probably sick of me, but the one period where the trip might have been OK was the time I was having a surgery and recovering. Ugh... I'm so terrified to contact them again, but I want to be able to return to where I am living now! I can't afford a long quarantine in the UK, either. What a mess. Does the government not care how this affects people who would otherwise come and spend money in the UK? I'm pretty sure all my tax documents are there too, and I'm now going to have to ask the secretary to open my personal mail again and email them to me. I hate that, it feels wrong.
Yeah things are a bit messed up right now.

Is there someone you can trust to mail all the stuff to you? It would definiely work out cheaper and possibly quicker than travelling here in person.