Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Emilyinparis20

I swear to god nothing annoys me more than seeing one of these delusional fuckwitts reposting "ceasefire now" posts. Is she that delusional to think she has some influence over war.
Her and the rest of the bandwagon huns would want to feck off. They are just trying to look like they give a fuck but the reality is completely different.
I have to disagree with you there! Of course Roz doesn’t have any influence over the war in the grand scheme of things but a large part of Israel’s war campaign is social media propaganda - dehumanising Palestinians via Instagram, TikTok etc!
And while Roz is only one person, the public do have influence on our government and love it or hate it, a lot of people are influenced by the likes of Roz And her ilk, so if she continues to speak out and hopefully inform people who may have had no knowledge or interest, we might actually be able to open peoples eyes to Israel’s atrocities and pressure our gov to actually sanction Israel, and support Gaza!

• Heart
Reactions: 22

seglxi

I can't stand her. she wrecks my head posting "normal" pics of herself with rolls etc. She is still a really slim absolutely stunning girl. She has no idea what it's like to navigate the world overweight or conventionally unattractive. She is literally a model. She shouldn't be leading any kind of body positivity movement. Her body positivity is just a marketing gimmick anyway just a way for her to make money. She is just jumping on the bandwagon when other people have been doing this work and talking about these issues for years and years before her.

Similarly being plant based now. She was never plant based or vegan until it became more mainstream and she realised she could moneitise it. Before that her natural born feeder stuff wasn't even vegetarian because she obviously felt vegetarian recipes wouldn't be profitable back then I'm Ireland.

She follows the money like every other influencer lol...

emmysue

Don’t like a lot of the messaging she tries to promote think she’s full of s***
I think her fiancés wealth was a major initial draw for her but she makes out she doesn’t care about money. in her recent post she says she’s glad she didn’t fall into the pressure of settling down in her 20s. I work in wddding industry and 90% of couples I’ve come across are in their thirties onwards. There is not pressure in Ireland to get married in your twenties. It’s pressure once you hit 30 plus I would say. So she, like the rest of us, has given into that pressure and will be married at 33 I’m guessing - average age in Ireland to get married. I’m not saying she doesn’t love her fella but stop pretending u did anything different to anyone else. Also don’t like her making out that anything above a size 8 isn’t slim ‘but let’s embrace it’ attitude . Think it’s toxic . I thought I was a slim size 10, but according to Roz im prob curvy n proud is it ? 🤣

There will be 2 huge houses. She's all smoke an mirrors. Doing an "eco trip to Scotland " but also wants to buy a a huge land rover because you know she's a country girl.
Most of what she does and sells is not eco friendly. Her crap quality clothes included.

• Heart

Cheesycrackers

Can I just say I live near her and often see her in the local shops or getting coffee and she is LOVELY. I’m not mad into her vegan lifestyle but I like the attitude she promotes. I know a few people who are in her hike life group and they have all said it’s great craic.

Urwan21

I did the camino myself this year for the first. I booked everything myself and did it on my own. Some people get their bags transferred, some people don't. I got my big rugsack transferred because I knew I'd enjoy it more not carrying it and just carried a smaller bag when walking. Other people I met liked carrying their big bags. Everyone is different. You have to complete a minimum of 100km on any of the routes to get a certificate. Again some people might do the minimum 100km for the certificate others might do 300km to 600km. I did a mixture of hostels and hotels and walked 360km. The best advice I'd give to anyone doing it l just do it whatever way works best for yourself so you'll enjoy it. Makes no odds if your carrying your bag or not or staying in a hostel or 5 star hotel. It's a great experience and challenge to do and the best part is meeting people from all ages and all walks of life doing it.

• Heart
Reactions: 21

Emilyinparis20

I like Roz but I don’t understand why she can’t just say she’s had work done especially when she’s promoted bonding in the past and there’s a video of her talking about it online

View attachment 2063567

I have to say, in recent years I’ve gone off her completely and find her so insincere! Like she’s gorgeous and has had minor tweaks here and there which have enhanced her beauty and that doesn’t take anything any from her but she puts on this whole “I’m so authentic, sure I wouldn’t even know what a filler is, I’m a country girl” shtick and it’s more insulting than anything else! Like do they think we’re all dopes?!

Reactions: 21

go_walkies

I think Roz did a great work on those visits around Ireland, she provided great content. I wouldn’t begrudge her fees for it. She got paid for work it wasn’t just a pr freebie like loads of them get.

Reactions: 20

SozBbz

VIP Member
Yeah tbh the value for tax money aside, I don’t begrudge Roz the money because she actually does the job professionally unlike some. She has good quality photography equipment and makes everything look great. She also gives relevant information and context. She’s big into hiking and the outdoors so she’s a good fit to promote staycations as she’s always off around the place most weekends anyway.

I think it was Rosemary MacCabe who made the whole influencer thing make sense to me - the fee for a job isn’t really what the brand is paying for, they’re actually paying for access to the platform than an influencer has spent years building. So sure, €15k for a few days sounds a lot, but she can only command that amount because she’s put the work in over the years and built up a pretty engaged and large following. You also need to compare that to whatever €15k would get you for tv/radio/online advertising.

Reactions: 19
This is what bugs me about her - she made money off that, she sold cookbooks kind of off the back of her appearance but she was unwell and had eating issues also along with over exercising.

Now she is making money from "loving herself". Anyone can have these problems but I find it troubling when someone profited from an illness like that as she definitely influenced others to work out that much and eat all these stupid things like brownies made out of beans. Now she makes money out of being "real". I find it disingenuous and harmful.
Exactly this!

I used to like Rozanna Purcell. But then I listened her her on a few podcasts and it was all SO rehearsed and repetitive. She’s not genuine at all in my opinion. She rolls out the same one liners and same stories about eating disorders over and over.

when being skinny was “in fashion” she was everywhere making us feel like shite.

when”strong became the new skinny”was in fashion she was everywhere boasting about what she eats in a day and how much she trains, making us feel like shite.

now it’s “body positively and inclusivity” that’s in fashion. Low and behold she’s there again, squeezing out them rolls for dear life, actually taking up space and being a voice in a space that should be for larger people and non traditional body sizes. She is full of toxic positivity (in my opinion) and what a surprise, she just makes me feel like shite.

If she’s posting her fat rolls to say she’s a larger lady now and constantly bringing up cellulite what the fuck does that make the rest of us 😂 also if you have to post your cellulite to “be brave” well you’re just saying cellulite is something to be ashamed of. Silence on these topics is far more effective. Go back and do your degree Roz or study something, encourage young girls to grow theirminds ... don’t mind about cellulite now or posting fat rolls 🥊 you’re just making us all more ashamed.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Them tik tok videos she does are ridiculous. At the end of the day she is a MODEL. She can push out her non existent fat rolls and call it " content content ". Its all a marketing strategy , her so called niche in the market is " positivity ". She tells people to bin diets as non of them work . How does she know this ? She had an eating disorder , yes but that dosent mean you can preach online to skip diets . I have to be on a strict one for pain. Nothing to do with weight . But I feel she can be so preachy.
She WAS a model. A model with a serious ED. For weight loss, diets don’t work long term; she’s right. I’ve recovered from an ED and find her incredibly inspirational and relate to her a lot. She’s not talking about diets for medical reasons. I’ve been on my every fad diet and permanently damaged my body from bulimia, so if I had her platform I’d be using it to try to save other people from the hardship I’ve been through as well.

Just because she’s not traditionally big doesn’t mean she doesn’t understand. She’s much ‘fatter’ than she was in her modelling days so she’s been through it. I used to get frustrated at small people preaching about feeling fat but everyone’s struggle is relative.

Reactions: 18

smoothiebowl

Roz was definitely the best at promoting at Ireland and making it look brilliant on her stories.

I have a few friends who came to my county in between lockdowns and wanted to do the same things she promoted on her Instagram. We hiked up a local mountain too and meant some others who also said they were there cos of Roz, so it seems like it did work!

Greg O’Shea and a few others went to my county too but didn’t seem to promote it as well at all. She’s very good at making places you’d never think of visiting as having lots of activities. Her photos are great and she at least has a bit of a different perspective than a lot of other influencers where’s it just luxury hotels and fancy restaurants.

Reactions: 17

Jg86

VIP Member
Quick reminder for all the Roz fans put there.
She made a line of (shit quality)clothing for her followers that she claims is amazing but then never promotes. She does promote lulu lemon and back on the sweaty Betty train.
Please remember this woman only uses people for her own profit. Just like her bestie trishas transformation. They just want the money .
This is also a woman that claims to hate fast fashion. Wtf would you call lulu lemon and sweaty Betty but higher end fast fashion
Both green washing companies. Just like roz

Reactions: 17

dotiedot

Chatty Member
I also hate when she does the insta v reality style posts. Like you have shared this flawless picture, that you've posed for and filtered, and then show us the reality. But you are still posting the flawless picture. If you really wanted to share that message you wouldn't share the flawless one?

Reactions: 16

treatyo'self

I like Roz but the constant 'here's an amazing edited picture of me and here's the unfiltered version so you can all see I'm real' is getting boring now. At the end of the day she's an incredibly attractive woman and even her unfiltered pictures look great!!
I've tried a good few of her NBF recipes and must say they're great, I like her approach with food and how she eats a good mix of stuff!
The constant WILLLLAAAAYYYY/ WILKO stuff grates on me a bit - just pick one name!!!!

Reactions: 16

Emilyinparis20

Don’t like a lot of the messaging she tries to promote think she’s full of s***
I think her fiancés wealth was a major initial draw for her but she makes out she doesn’t care about money. in her recent post she says she’s glad she didn’t fall into the pressure of settling down in her 20s. I work in wddding industry and 90% of couples I’ve come across are in their thirties onwards. There is not pressure in Ireland to get married in your twenties. It’s pressure once you hit 30 plus I would say. So she, like the rest of us, has given into that pressure and will be married at 33 I’m guessing - average age in Ireland to get married. I’m not saying she doesn’t love her fella but stop pretending u did anything different to anyone else. Also don’t like her making out that anything above a size 8 isn’t slim ‘but let’s embrace it’ attitude . Think it’s toxic . I thought I was a slim size 10, but according to Roz im prob curvy n proud is it ? 🤣
I hate how she makes out that she is not a slim woman! Like I don’t think anyone with a bit of sense would look at her and think she’s anything but slim? But she’s constantly saying oh when I was younger I wanted to be skinny but now I embrace my size…… what, a size 8, maybe a 8-10?

Reactions: 15

Wheres reality

VIP Member
She just morphs into what is popular in instagram culture at the time. Honestly dont find her genuine at all and quite cringe. Taking up space in a movement that she isnt a part of . Those insta VS reality..... just post the bloody " shit " picture if its that great and your sooo comfortable . Not to mention she is always just pulling faces in them but that's meant to help body positivity...

I actually genuinely do not think she has fillers, she has posted pics of wen she was a teenager & you can clearly see she has big lips. I'd say she makes her money through her cookbooks but also she does online classes with FIIT. Roz for me personally seems a very genuine & real influencer on Instagram, I felt so sorry for her reading her post today about her hair falling out. She is also someone who does not accept every single press release from companies, she only promotes what she believes in, which I think is good. She posts all the unflattering photos that are taken of her also so I don't get why she would lie about her lips 🤷

KikiDee2121

Looks like multiple rings, not my vibe but suits her! I think their relationship is kinda cute. Like how they share so little to the point that one day people wondering if they’re still together to an engagement announcement the next! Good luck to them

drippingpeaches

She just morphs into what is popular in instagram culture at the time. Honestly dont find her genuine at all and quite cringe. Taking up space in a movement that she isnt a part of . Those insta VS reality..... just post the bloody " shit " picture if its that great and your sooo comfortable . Not to mention she is always just pulling faces in them but that's meant to help body positivity...
I agree with this - I find it counterproductive to post a photo showing how much rolls, stretch marks etc 'don't matter' but doing so in a way that is so dramatic with the before vs after and massive deep caption. Like if rolls didn't matter as much as Roz says, why not just post a photo where your rolls are visible and say nothing about it rather than making it a big 'brave' post. I just find it so stupid and I don't see what it achieves other that being entirely self-serving and a way to up engagement or tick a box on social media