Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Not_another_flogger

OhH In what context was this said?

Tbh Roz is in a league of her own
Is she though? She portrays this goody goody mother earth persona, but realistically she is still a sales person on Instagram, sharing all the same shite everyone else is... e.g. Wild Refill (have see the lowest of the low influencers promote them). Her sharing The Hike Life merch or recipes is no different to Pippa sharing Poco jeans which everyone gives out shtink about! It's to encourage sales. I don't buy her Ms Perfect attitude. And her "posed vs natural" pictures wreck my head because she's STILL POSTING THE POSED!!!!! 🙄

Reactions: 11

Jg86

VIP Member
she can’t preach about climate change with that house
There will be 2 huge houses. She's all smoke an mirrors. Doing an "eco trip to Scotland " but also wants to buy a a huge land rover because you know she's a country girl.
Most of what she does and sells is not eco friendly. Her crap quality clothes included.

Dee232323

She 100% planned for size 16 to be the max size. Otherwise she would've come out and said well beforehand that there were issues with larger sizes and there would be a delay with those.

She did actually do just this. It might not have been handled perfectly but I saw her saying a couple of times that there were issues with the larger sizes and she wasn’t happy with the samples and wanted to get them right. I think this was just a mistake on her behalf. I think she has gotten a lot of flack for what seems like human error.

She seems decent underneath it all - In contrast to many other influencers who you couldn’t trust as far as you could throw them.

Jg86

VIP Member
I always wondered when Roz talked about having an eating disorder and her being “cured” of it if it actually was true. Tommy tiernan asked her on his show how she got “cured” and she said she did it on her own no professional help …… didn’t think it would be that easy to “cure” an eating disorder
So many professionals have highlighted the link between eds and the turn to veganism. It can become another form of control which I think it is for her. You do need professional help in dealing with an eating disorder , it doesn't magically go away. She doesn't deal with issues. It's very clear she can't handle constructive criticism and her circle is now just full of the same type of people , who actively encourage each other to lie for likes and content.

Last edited:
  • Heart

crispindur

I heard from a friend who had worked with her how above and beyond she went for the brand and also brought her ideas to the table to help promote it. She's apparently a very nice, genuine person and I think she's just someone who's just trying her best to promote things she's passionate about and doing very well at it as she now has half a million followers. :)

Emilyinparis20

I have to say the whole crying on Instagram stories (and I say this when all the bloggers do it) is soooo performative! Like any comments/tweets I have seen are valid criticism- she made a clothing line that excludes lots and lots of people and people are rightly upset after her spending how long pushing bopo - and she calls it ‘tearing her down’.

Anyone else really put off a hotel when they gift stays to influencers? Not that I could ever afford Ashford Castle but Roz and Zach surely can. I’d be more likely to book a hotel if I’d seen them gift to someone who really deserves it like a healthcare worker or someone made redundant because of Covid, not an influencer on their second? third? paid for staycation in the space of a month. It’s not like Ashford Castle doesn’t already have a great reputation, it cheapens their brand jumping on the influencer advertisement gravy train imo

That's not exactly a small mistake and she shouldn't be given any leeway for it. She has a team behind her. She has literally built her whole entire brand and aesthetic on body positivity. To say "I made a mistake" isn't exactly cutting the mustard.

And yeah her apology was "sincere" - she was sincerely shitting it that this is all going down the toilet because of her total lack of care and consideration for women over a certain size.

starryeyed10

VIP Member
^ nah I totally agree. I've said that before she's only into sustainability and veganism etc. because it is more mainstream/ trendy now. She is not actually that into it. She sees it as her niche to be popular and earn money. At the end of the day an influencer who earns money from their content cannot really be sustainable as they are driving people to consume shite they don't need.... They are just pushing consumption.

I totally agree with the poster's above points and I don't think it's nitpicking.

I'd nearly rather somebody who openly doesn't give a shite about sustainability than the likes of Roz who pretends she is into it to earn money off the back of it. Niamh Cullen at one point kept going on about sustainability and then came out with a collab with a fast fashion brand, think it was nasty Gal or something. Those people annoy me the most. At least the people who don't give a shite about it are honest 😂.

DailyGlitter

This is what bugs me about her - she made money off that, she sold cookbooks kind of off the back of her appearance but she was unwell and had eating issues also along with over exercising.

Now she is making money from "loving herself". Anyone can have these problems but I find it troubling when someone profited from an illness like that as she definitely influenced others to work out that much and eat all these stupid things like brownies made out of beans. Now she makes money out of being "real". I find it disingenuous and harmful.

Fitzytour

I feel genuinely sorry for her! She definitely fucked up but she addressed it head on and had the balls to reply to comments etc unlike other people/influencers! I believe she is genuine and it's must be an awful lonely place when shit hits the fan and your getting torn to shreds online!

KikiDee2121

I’m glad they’re still together. I like that they keep their relationship private - makes you think it’s stronger than the ones where everything is done for show

Reactions: 10

Jg86

VIP Member
Same, always found something off putting about her, but after her whole crying her eyes out on stories about being “cancelled” over her body positive hiking bear being fat phobic, I just had to laugh at her! Like she talked about it for ages after - her “cancellation”! Like get over yourself gal, you effed up and people were right to criticise you for being a fake
It went up to a size 16 or 18 and by her own admission she gets uncomfortable around people who are bigger than that. Thats why she never included them in the original drop.
She's so full of it. Nobody tried to cancel her, people just pointed out that she's a chancer using the body positivity for her own financial gain.

• Wow

Jg86

VIP Member
I'm all for preloved clothes and helping reduce fast fashion but her teaming up with finders keepers and charging up to €70 for a pre loved item is talking the piss. They really could fool anyone to part with their money.
You find the same stuff in charity shops for a fraction of the price these saucy bitches are charging.

Bouvriel

As much as I love Roz, I find some of the things she promotes to be a bit questionable.

A few months ago there she had a brand deal with Pink Lady Apples & I remember thinking "hmm it's odd that she's promoting apples grown in France when she could be promoting Irish apples, since she's so into shopping local." Then, more recently, she was working with the brand Innocent , promoting their oat milk,I think it was. Again - thought it was bizarre that she was telling people to buy from a brand owned by the Coca Cola company that uses loads of plastic instead of working with an Irish brand like Flahavan's that use cardboard packaging on their oat milk.

I know I seem like a total nitpicker, but I am a bit of an eco nerd myself & so when I see someone telling people to be as sustainable as possible and then doing the opposite, I cringe a little. 😅

Jg86

VIP Member
Anyone check out her packing for the camino video?
Her essentials list are just the tat she tries to flog people. That wild deodorant is disgusting, you smell it from a mile away. It seems to make the smell of sweat so much worse.
Who the fuck takes a Dyson hair wrap with them on thar type of trip?
She desperately tries to be the girl next door /I'm all natural down to earth type but she's so far from that. She is just like her tan, 100% fake !!

Emilyinparis20

Incredibly disappointed in her and the clothing line! I understand mistakes are made but as many have said, she’s made body positivity her whole schtick and can’t even make an inclusive clothing line! Had it been an issue with the size 6-8 or 8-10, would she have gone ahead?
I do also think it’s v. harmful to label a 10-12 as L!! Seems the whole thing is a joke

Yintang

I'm happy to see content like Roz's trips as it interests me and I think she does a good job at promoting where she's at. She seems to genuinely enjoy exploring new places. Probably cheaper than magazine or TV ads too for Bord Failte and the like tbh.

SozBbz

VIP Member
Omg! Haha well the fact I thought they looked like a bunch of cheap rings says enough . I (obviously!)don’t know much about diamonds but imagine trendy brands like chupi are massively massively marked up ! But why would u give someone 7 rings ?!
Trying to be extra/special/unique?

I don’t think it will catch on though 🤔🫠🥴
IMO they are all taking away from each other, looks cluttered and like a fortune teller.