Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Wheres reality

VIP Member
louisemcsharry probably referring to the likes of Roz on her stories now when giving out about the H&M and Simone Rocha collab.
I seen Louise stories earlier and first person I thought of was Roz . She is 100% right in my opinion. Pushing out non existent " fat rolls" versus actually living in an overweight body is two different things. For Roz its a trend she hopped on

Attachments

Reactions: 15

Marysw

Exactly this!

I used to like Rozanna Purcell. But then I listened her her on a few podcasts and it was all SO rehearsed and repetitive. She’s not genuine at all in my opinion. She rolls out the same one liners and same stories about eating disorders over and over.

when being skinny was “in fashion” she was everywhere making us feel like shite.

when”strong became the new skinny”was in fashion she was everywhere boasting about what she eats in a day and how much she trains, making us feel like shite.

now it’s “body positively and inclusivity” that’s in fashion. Low and behold she’s there again, squeezing out them rolls for dear life, actually taking up space and being a voice in a space that should be for larger people and non traditional body sizes. She is full of toxic positivity (in my opinion) and what a surprise, she just makes me feel like shite.

If she’s posting her fat rolls to say she’s a larger lady now and constantly bringing up cellulite what the fuck does that make the rest of us 😂 also if you have to post your cellulite to “be brave” well you’re just saying cellulite is something to be ashamed of. Silence on these topics is far more effective. Go back and do your degree Roz or study something, encourage young girls to grow theirminds ... don’t mind about cellulite now or posting fat rolls 🥊 you’re just making us all more ashamed.
I totally agree with your bit about “posting cellulite to be brave can show that there u are saying it is technically something to be ashamed of “ . I always think this.
I think I have a good body image in comparison to most girls. I’m a size 10. Which I consider slim enough and feel im lucky to be able to eat what I want (to a degree) without gaining . But then im seeing girls who are size 6 or 8 trying to show their rolls and saying they “ embrace the fact that they have put on weight and are no longer “skinny” #bodypositivity ” and im like… wait.. so is my size not “slim” ? … cos it fecking is! Rozanna is slim and by posting about how she is not slim just doesn’t help. I also saw this Nathanie Lennon one (fitness influencer) post about National chocolate day today and in her pic she’s eating a butlers chocolate that she got free with her coffee. And her post says “I hope you are never afraid to get a chocolate with your coffee. I hope you never feel guilty for eating chocolate ” … to her she thinks she is promoting healthy eating. - to me she sounds like someone who still has an eating disorder cos why on earth would anyone be afraid of getting ONE chocolate with their coffee. Therefore making people feel like they are pigs cos some of us eat multiple snacks/chocolates/bars a day

• Heart
It's absolutely disgusting that she posts pictures of her beautiful body and its "flaws" whilst riding the body positivity movement wave, getting pats on the back for being "brave" and "inspiring" and "inclusive" - but to then go and release a clothing line where your "XL" is a 14-16???? How damaging is that? How many young girls have followed her and felt encouraged by her "honesty" to now once again feel rejected and excluded?
It just shows how fake Roz is. She's all about inclusivity when it means gaining followers and making money but at the end of the day she only wants a certain body wearing her clothing - a thin one.

• Heart
Full on amazed by how naive some people are.
To be clear, I generally like her, I just think the lip thing is a bit beyond a joke

see pictures below, she does have quite naturally full lips but not like they are now.
Also my best friend is a Dr and does injectables and also is convinced Roz has filler. Apparently it’s not possible for a white woman to naturallly have a fuller top lip than bottom lip ala Roz.
We also lose volume in our lips as we get older so there’s no way her lips today should be so much bigger than 10+years ago.
Well your doctor friend is obviously not that good, one of my best friends (she is white) has naturally big lips, always has throughout her whole life, she is 40 now and still has them, they are exactly like Roz's and when you look at some photos they don't look as big in some as they do in others, she actually hated them for years because of the amount of comments she got on them and people forever saying she had fillers, id love to post a pic of her but I obviously wouldn't. Like I have extremely blue eyes and everywhere I go people ask me what type of contact lenses I have & when I tell them i don't wear contacts, they are literally on the verge of putting their poxy fingers in my eyes to see if I'm lying 🙈🙈🙈🙈 Maybe people are just jealous that Roz does not have to pump chemicals into her lips and that is why they refuse to believe her but I'm certainly not naive in anyway, I choose to believe Roz because I genuinely believe she is telling the truth 🤷

boarddotie

VIP Member
My problem with these outdoor influencers is that they are now glamorising being outdoors. They look great, they are fashionable, co-ordinated, get amazing shots from a drone or great cameras. That makes others think that is what being outdoors is like. It isn't. The weather is crap, you get lost, everyone can't afford the best kit, difficult to get nice photos so you end up disappointed.
I dunno...it is just the fashion+beauty standards are now coming outdoors where that really shouldn't matter!

• Heart
Reactions: 14

Jg86

VIP Member
Don’t like a lot of the messaging she tries to promote think she’s full of s***
I think her fiancés wealth was a major initial draw for her but she makes out she doesn’t care about money. in her recent post she says she’s glad she didn’t fall into the pressure of settling down in her 20s. I work in wddding industry and 90% of couples I’ve come across are in their thirties onwards. There is not pressure in Ireland to get married in your twenties. It’s pressure once you hit 30 plus I would say. So she, like the rest of us, has given into that pressure and will be married at 33 I’m guessing - average age in Ireland to get married. I’m not saying she doesn’t love her fella but stop pretending u did anything different to anyone else. Also don’t like her making out that anything above a size 8 isn’t slim ‘but let’s embrace it’ attitude . Think it’s toxic . I thought I was a slim size 10, but according to Roz im prob curvy n proud is it ? 🤣
🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌
Thank you for this. By all accounts she had been putting pressure on him for the last two years for the ring and even said she pointed out the ring she wanted so all the "pressure " to get engaged came from herself. That info courtesy of someone who works in 2fm at the weekend .
I often that the average age in Ireland for getting married in Ireland was in your mid 30s, so glad you said 90% are in that age bracket. Funny how she posted that video about not being married etc shortly before getting engaged, no doubt another dig at the nepo baby to hurry up with her over priced ring .
Her acting like being her size is somehow over weight is just ridiculous .

Misty bananas

I havent read the thread so apologies if this has been mentioned, and also I generally like rosanna, but the secrets that she posts on her stories....I'm really riled up about some of the ones she gives airtime to.... I think posts from people sleeping with married men with pregnant wives just dont deserve any airtime at all and aren't a funny "secret" to increase engagement. It's the real life of a wife and mother being betrayed by two horrible humans. I may be completely off the mark here 😂 but just think for someone so pro body positivity and girl power she should be more selective in who she gives airtime to.

Adeline

Years ago when Roz was on Celebrity Bainisteoir I was in a hair salon (which was my regular salon at the time). Roz came in to get a curly blowdry and we were the only two customers in the whole salon. When it came to paying they forcefully insisted they wouldn't take any money for her hair. (She did offer to pay to be fair). I was then charged full price, despite being a loyal customer for many years and being witness to this noisy 'oh no this one's on us' scene. Needless to say I never went back!

Serious spam on the Camino. As someone who has done it three times - going with a group like that is one’s worst nightmare. The stories and blog posts about it daily - seems like none of them were off their phone, all for the gram and for the ‘day in their life’ posts. Roz saying I haven’t posted much, sorry but you’ve had a story up everyday if not more. They completely missed the point of this pilgrimage walk.

• Heart

awakenotwoke

This might get backlash but if your life is made so difficult to the point of not being able to find your clothes size in a 26 or what ever extremely large size. Why not make the effort of going on a diet and exercising. I had a baby recently and thyroid issues and a knee operation in the space of two years I went from a size 10 to a size 18. It wasn’t easy but I started a keto diet and have gotten down to a size 14 since August. This is whilst not being able to exercise and having a baby to look after and having covid and multiple health issues and depression. Jesus Christ if I can do it anyone can. Nobody should be a size 20 something I don’t care what anyone says it’s as unhealthy as smoking . Too many people pander to overweight peoples emotions and feelings when really they need to be told to lose weight for their own sakes.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 13

BekkaBoo

Chatty Member
Too many people pander to overweight peoples emotions and feelings when really they need to be told to lose weight for their own sakes.
Are you actually for real? Like, can you hear yourself? When you went from a 10 to an 18 I'm sure you were grateful that there were clothes available to fit your body. If someone is a 14 or 16 and goes through what you did and went up to size 22/24 as a result should they not also be able to have clothes to fit them? I'm a size 10 myself so not directly affected but i have friends who are. Regardless, it's important to have an understanding and empathy for people whose shoes we've never had to walk in. 'Just lose weight' is such an unhelpful comment to be honest.

DailyGlitter

She is being really dramatic if she is calling that being cancelled. I think it showed how true her "body positivity" intentions actually are though - she literally left out any slightly larger sizes.

It's absolutely disgusting that she posts pictures of her beautiful body and its "flaws" whilst riding the body positivity movement wave, getting pats on the back for being "brave" and "inspiring" and "inclusive" - but to then go and release a clothing line where your "XL" is a 14-16???? How damaging is that? How many young girls have followed her and felt encouraged by her "honesty" to now once again feel rejected and excluded?
It just shows how fake Roz is. She's all about inclusivity when it means gaining followers and making money but at the end of the day she only wants a certain body wearing her clothing - a thin one.
Well, if you think about it, if you start 6-8 at XS, you end up with XL at 14-16. That's standard sizing. It's the industry that's the problem, not her, to be fair to the girl. If you start questioning that then you have to start at XXS and that's going to start another war, so you can't win.

Also, from a business venture perspective ignoring the sensitive issue that is weight and size, her current market are her hike life groups. If you go on that research alone, hypothetically, her current market may be only up to that size. If you're starting a new business you go with your market research first. If women weren't conditioned to be so bloody offended when it comes to how they look then it would have gone like this....

'Oh hi Roz, I'm a size 18 and would love one of these, will you be making them available in other sizes?'...that leads to more people expressing interest and thus evidence of a larger (no pun intended) market, and that's when you add new products or sizes.

Would also like to state that I am size 12-14 (or 16 if that's what fits), have been a size 8, and recovered from an eating disorder, so I'm not a privileged 'skinny girl' who's never had to worry about her size.

Grace1718

Chatty Member
Zach is actually a lovely guy all of the Desmond’s are very low key . Very very surprised he ended up with Roz. his parents are self made & he’s hardly going to shun them and decide to be penniless realistically. He’s not an attention seeker and works hard - so nepo baby label is a bit harsh.

Roz is the one i think people should have issue with . Even when Roz was really popular i always thought she was so toxic and fake. remember that twice a day training HARD boxing etc fuelled on a chickpea curry crap she used to do. I used to find that almost as bad as the starving yourself crew . it was just another way of dangerous toxic weight management . then the wiggle of the nose “i’m so relatable “ look at me i look soooo terrible in these pictures . Each picture perfectly selected to show a minor “flaw”. The natural born feeder recipes all with the same 5 ingredients. peanut butter , chickpeas & fake smelly cheese and repeat . yuck . say she has caused countless of young women thyroid and hormone issues with her shitty vegan diet - we will see the results in time of how damaging it is.

The i don’t care what i look like attitude she tries to portrait is pathetic . She takes huge care of herself . defo has gotten some minor tweaks , everything is about her steps and exercise , hair is always done , extensions . and then she’s naturally pretty & has access to tons of free products and all of the best expensive dresses . i wouldn’t mind her as much if she wsssnt such a fraud about it all and was honest that she’s an influencer who uses her looks to sell

SozBbz

VIP Member
I used to like Chipi and her stuff but her prices are off the scale for stones that shouldn’t be that expensive. It’s always grey diamonds, or labgrown as above, than should be significantly cheaper.
You’d be much better off going into some random jewellery shop in the suburbs or some unglamorous part of town, and haggling with them, then you might actually get value. Chupi and her prices are for mugs.

I looked up the spec on the above ring and there’s no reason for it to cost €28k or even close to it. I’d say you could commission a copy for a third of the price or less, and that’s being generous. That’s some markup just for it being a Chupi design!

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 12

JanineButcher

I tuned into her and Emma power last Saturday , I can’t understand for the life of me how she has a radio presenting job? The entire time she sounded like she was reading off a script . It was shocking

LadyLowe

I like that Roz is promoting an active lifestyle but not being pushy like other influencers, I feel like she's just showing what she enjoys. I know she gets paid A LOT for ads/tourism content, but I think that to be fair to her she also puts a lot of effort in to make the content really good; I won't name names but there are other influencers who put in the bare minimum effort with their content on sponsored trips. I agree that the price point for the hike life merchandise is very very expensive compared with other brands, I don't own any of it so I'm not sure what the quality is like, but if people are willing to pay those prices more power to her!
I remember serving her in a shop I was working in a few years ago and she came across as a nice and almost shy person at the time

Adeline

Yeah I think she has changed a lot for the better since her modelling/Bressie days!

Reactions: 11