Roadside Mum

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I mean I’m in a similar fatigue situation and the fact is I live up the stairs so I don’t go out much...never thought of crowdfunding a lift for the block...
This is why it pains me so much that these people get away with it.

RSM is out all the time, for various reasons. Yet, people who could really do with support are not so fortunate to get a fully funded electric wheelchair and hoist for the car all paid for without finance or stress and scrimping.

Who is MM?
Pls don’t set the Krays on me Poca!

The Patreon recipe creator promoted on the regular by RSM...and good Twitter pal and scrounger in training. Also VERY chummy with out Jack. They have exchanged witticisms today about the kids playing “let’s do the cleaning in 30 minutes” game.

Reactions: 6
Lots of retweeting by Roadside Mum, which follows the "oops, I've been caught out, better lie low for a while" playbook, I think

May rev up again, as it's been foreshadowed that an all terrain wheelchair and a better house is required!

(Note the full thread is long and wide ranging in subject. It's also the thread where a really nice lady was abused and I still feel so sorry for her)
My first thought is... if she's complaining about the all terrain wheelchair being compatible with the house... how would she have managed if she was still in the van? (I believe this is her terminology - will correct if not!) Like, my understanding is that it wasn't a choice to get the house - the child's sickness/pandemic circumstances dictated it.

The impression I get is that there is a big chip on her shoulder about (lots of things) being in the house in the first place and she doesn't really want to be. I'm happy to accept that she might be in a different place right now in terms of her capabilities so is staying in housing, but it's almost as if the wheelchair concerns are because of the house... and those things would still exist if she was in the van. Like, being in the house doesn't stop her being eligible for an adapted property...

ETA I'm taking the benefit of the doubt with fatigue here. It could all be exaggeration or out and out lies, in which case this is something that flags that... if that makes sense. Again, I'm in a massive brain fog time right now

Reactions: 10
I mean I’m in a similar fatigue situation and the fact is I live up the stairs so I don’t go out much...never thought of crowdfunding a lift for the block...
I'm sorry to learn that. Instead of funding a lift for your block (which anyone, even Catherine, could use) have you thought about funding for a set of six people to carry you up and down whenever required?!

Seriously, I am sorry to hear and I hope you had a cheery weekend

• Heart
Reactions: 13
This is why it pains me so much that these people get away with it.

RSM is out all the time, for various reasons. Yet, people who could really do with support are not so fortunate to get a fully funded electric wheelchair and hoist for the car all paid for without finance or stress and scrimping.

Pls don’t set the Krays on me Poca!

The Patreon recipe creator promoted on the regular by RSM...and good Twitter pal and scrounger in training. Also VERY chummy with out Jack. They have exchanged witticisms today about the kids playing “let’s do the cleaning in 30 minutes” game.
Ahh yes I know the one now! Cant for the life of me remember what the first M is for!

the one with the basic recipes you can get on bbc website but wants a patreon.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I wasn’t trying to me-rail, but just be realistic! I will move eventually, for now you have to do what you can...what I do is order deliveries!
It’s also a load of nonsense, you could spend millions on adapting things for RSM and she wouldn’t be any happier. Yes a jazzy chair would help conserve energy when popping to Primark for £3 nails, but if you don’t have the energy to get dressed I; the first place half the time then it’s just a little bit of nice help, not a solution to make everything in life ok again

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Maybe the followers realised that every other post is either a beg or a stream of aggressive abuse.
Most normal people don’t want that on their social media. That could be why her engagement is down.

Reactions: 20
Lots of retweeting by Roadside Mum, which follows the "oops, I've been caught out, better lie low for a while" playbook, I think

May rev up again, as it's been foreshadowed that an all terrain wheelchair and a better house is required!

(Note the full thread is long and wide ranging in subject. It's also the thread where a really nice lady was abused and I still feel so sorry for her)

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I can’t sleep and just read her Twitter back to July and saw the bullying of that very young reporter two months in to his first job- WTF? She is nasty.

I bet all the police forces and supermarkets have her blocked, she tweets and tags them almost daily. Also she tagged the NSPCC because the reporter was apparently inciting child abuse.
I would be embarrassed to interact with this billy bullshitter, gaslighting, abusive twit.

Goodnight.

• Wow
Reactions: 19
Remember these snippets?

Expanded the thread, I did. It was both kids who ruined the goddamned prawns and just RN who bears the cross. But that's not really the point.

**The good news is, a friend was kind and the prawns etc were able to be replaced. Hooray!**

Bit of a repeat of screenies for ease of reading

Attachments

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 22
bleeping hell her kid has a serious disorder and she is bandying round “Pac-Man” to skit them!!!!!!

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 21
Remember these snippets?

Expanded the thread, I did. It was both kids who ruined the goddamned prawns and just RN who bears the cross. But that's not really the point.

**The good news is, a friend was kind and the prawns etc were able to be replaced. Hooray!**

Bit of a repeat of screenies for ease of reading
What the hell?
Poor kid. And why doesn't the idiot mother hide food better? And try to find out the cause of their behaviour?
The bile, almost hatred aimed at a child is completely awful.

bleeping hell her kid has a serious disorder and she is bandying round “Pac-Man” to skit them!!!!!!
This may surprise you, but there's tweets (plural) about this. Here's a couple, with CW

The first one is 4 Feb, not long after Dec 20 🤷‍♀️

What the hell?
Poor kid. And why doesn't the idiot mother hide food better? And try to find out the cause of their behaviour?
The bile, almost hatred aimed at a child is completely awful.
Maybe the prawns etc didn't exist yet

Attachments

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
I am guessing the “friend” saw the rant and offered to pay for some more shopping so, job done, achievement unlocked. Christmas shopping paid for by others - gin included.

When you have a 20k following and spew such bollocks, there will always be someone with a Christmas bonus and a feeling of charitable kindness, to take advantage of.

She shared that last Christmas. Yesterday she shared a picture of half a chocolate cake with the kid labelling it as theirs, and it’s weight - with the comment that it was HERS (RSM) anyway. So, therapy is going well. If it’s going at all, that is.

Remember when we used to laugh over Jacks tall stories?

Well, sleep has been hard to come by - it seems. Let’s hope the four alarms work this morning.

Also...converted horse box? Boat? This is a woman that was having a nervous breakdown over a £3 bag of ToOGoodToGo food waste. It really does make you wonder where all this money will come from, doesn’t it.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
Why doesn't she act like the adult in the house - and parent to her children- and put the prawns, pigs in blankets and ice cream away herself in a timely manner.

If she was as poor as she says and finds food a precious, expensive commodity, then she would see to it personally.

Majorly projecting here based on my own past, but I think the kids' rush to shove the bag back in its cupboard before emptying speaks to RM being a shouty and scary cow around the house and they did it in fear to tidy up before she stalks in and demands to know why they haven't done everything.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
Why doesn't she act like the adult in the house - and parent to her children- and put the prawns, pigs in blankets and ice cream away herself in a timely manner.

If she was as poor as she says and finds food a precious, expensive commodity, then she would see to it personally.

Majorly projecting here based on my own past, but I think the kids' rush to shove the bag back in its cupboard before emptying speaks to RM being a shouty and scary cow around the house and they did it in fear to tidy up before she stalks in and demands to know why they haven't done everything.
I don't think any of it happened at all. I think she made it up to get money and sympathy from Twitter.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Yep, I can imagine she had it planned out and diaried in advance. Convert a Dickensian Christmas disaster story into £££.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I am guessing the “friend” saw the rant and offered to pay for some more shopping so, job done, achievement unlocked. Christmas shopping paid for by others - gin included.

When you have a 20k following and spew such bollocks, there will always be someone with a Christmas bonus and a feeling of charitable kindness, to take advantage of.

She shared that last Christmas. Yesterday she shared a picture of half a chocolate cake with the kid labelling it as theirs, and it’s weight - with the comment that it was HERS (RSM) anyway. So, therapy is going well. If it’s going at all, that is.

Remember when we used to laugh over Jacks tall stories?

Well, sleep has been hard to come by - it seems. Let’s hope the four alarms work this morning.

Also...converted horse box? Boat? This is a woman that was having a nervous breakdown over a £3 bag of ToOGoodToGo food waste. It really does make you wonder where all this money will come from, doesn’t it.
One of her followers should remind her of that the next time she does a beg. But of course they won't, because it's just not worth the hassle of getting a 20 tweet rage-filled response somehow implying that any questioning of the narrative puts her and her kids IN MORTAL DANGER.

It's a concentrated effort, these Twitter scams. A longer game than I could play.

First, you have to establish yourself as kind and calm (so much emphasis on kind!)

Then, pick a real issue, research it or know it, keep up to date with it. Become a kind, calm but passionate explainer.

You have to be prepared to write threads. One tweet is not enough! Always the threads.

Increase your "advocacy" (which definitely is always a real issue), and now centre yourself in the middle, as the fiesty, "can you believe my luck?", "giving my best" sort.

Continue to build credibility, even when things get worse. You're a brave fighter!

Have a crisis based around the first-named (and real) issue.

Assure people you don't want pity, but could certainly use some assistance in what is definitely a one off, so grateful for supporters' kindness situation.

Go back to now fierce advocacy.

If only you had a little treat! Some Pringles, or a McDonalds breakfast, just enough to give your day some spark in between new shoes for the kids and lobbying

Rinse. Repeat. A dance back and forth, with plenty of music changes to keep the feet of your avid followers a-tapping.

A long, long game

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.