Roadside Mum

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So glad this has been set up! Ever since she started drawing attention to herself over the free school meals hampers I have felt something was off.. interested to see what others think!

Reactions: 20
23C6226F-B851-43A3-863B-46411DA3C056.png
She has lost quite a few followers over the last number of days. I wonder why?

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Maybe her followers are fed up with her continuous woe is me life. RSM appears to be one of those people who can’t ever just have a lovely day out or live day to day without some tale of how everything has gone wrong. If there is no tale of a daily disaster some individual(s) has taken it upon themselves to discriminate against her or her family.

RSM and others like her bother me more then they should. I think it’s because we could all spin events in our everyday lives to seem worse or better than they actually were. Most of us will experience or be going through some really tough times and be fighting hard for something. She’s not unique in that regard but it ‘appears’ to me that she thinks her struggles are or at the very least worse than anyone else’s.

Reactions: 29
I assumed she had her own thread but realise now it was probably gladwell I was thinking of.

I followed her (RSM - not REM as my phone just tried to 🥕- shiny happy people she is not) and swiftly unfollowed. She is SO NEGATIVE. Reminds me of another sometimes squig who Jack will interact with who is actually a mutual acquaintance who I can’t recall the name of right now. Everything is retweeting everything with negativity or posting pure negativity. It’s exhausting. And she (RSM/REM) is 100% hoping for the Twitter Activist title. I may be wrong but I’ve seen very little actual active retweeting/sharing of info to do with King Marcus or anyone else’s work, it’s all just self involved bawling.

Reactions: 26
It’s probably a good thing to strip out RSM from the ongoing Jack sagas - although, despite me mentioning her more than once, I do find her a bit tedious, and, as already mentioned, someone who has a glass that will always be half empty. I don’t follow her (or Hattie, or Jack, for that matter - too depressing) but have the odd peek to see what the latest grift is and to roll my eyes once in a while.

Out of context of the Jack Monroe-esque tales of welfare woe and sickness battles, she is about as interesting as watching paint dry - but 100% one to watch, I think, now she definitely thinks she is some sort of povvo warrior.
Interestingly, she was outraged by the changes in Universal Credit if you work as self employed. I think it’s to do with ensuring you declare a certain amount of hours at minimum wage at least. This does make me wonder if she has been paid for various articles and use of THE PHOTO(TM) - thus having to declare some sort of self employed income. Otherwise it is a change that would have zero impact on her payments.

Let’s keep an eye out for the book (there is always a book, with these people, isn’t there). And any other fines that need paying off by joe public. And - possibly, future car issues that simply cannot be met with the dwindling benefits. Oh, and I think we might get an “everything has to be binned because of mould in my damp crappy RENTED house and now my poor kids have nothing” at some point - always a favourite with these sorts...especially as winter looms.

Edit - spelling/ auto carrot.

Reactions: 22
I think sometimes people get follows because they are in the news, then lose them when their normal content isn’t that interesting.

I don’t follow her, had a bit of a look. Surprised she is advertising this rather than her other cooking single mum mate.
I saw that and smiled too - and, shock of shocks - someone else with a Patreon. It’s like the weird spiders web of grifters and cadgers has grown evermore.

Reactions: 13
I saw that and smiled too - and, shock of shocks - someone else with a Patreon. It’s like the weird spiders web of grifters and cadgers has grown evermore.
Genuinely don’t know why anyone would pay for that person’s patreon when you have the entire internet of recipes available.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I cannot understand how and why Roadside Mum is in thrall to Jack Monroe. She lives in poverty, but somehow believes Jack and her recipes are useful to those on low incomes.

If anything she *should* be perfectly placed to see through JM's BS for what it is.

I cannot understand how and why Roadside Mum is in thrall to Jack Monroe. She lives in poverty, but somehow believes Jack and her recipes are useful to those on low incomes.

If anything she *should* be perfectly placed to see through JM's BS for what it is.
She doesn’t seem to be any longer, she used her for her cause and is now unbothered. Also I’d imagine she can see straight through her but saw her as a means to a grift.

Boring thread story, written in that annoying twitterati style, starting off proudly claiming her kids are like the krays. Nice.

Attachments

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
She doesn’t seem to be any longer, she used her for her cause and is now unbothered. Also I’d imagine she can see straight through her but saw her as a means to a grift.

Boring thread story, written in that annoying twitterati style, starting off proudly claiming her kids are like the krays. Nice.
So her child is viciously violent but conveniently misses out what was said to provoke such an attack.

Reactions: 19
My god, they sound awful. Where did they learn this violence. Would a school ever compare 2 children to the Krays?

Recently the bigger one had broken some antique, irreplaceable glass in their home, and all RM cared about was hiding it from their landlord. I don't like landlords one bit, but I feel sorry for one having irreplaceable glass broken.

I didn't think RM had used Jack and cast her aside; she said something about how Jack was the most talented person to never become an MP due to a male stalker preventing it. I thought she was deep in the JM crew, still.

Breadcrumbs:
Fux sake. RM bleats on about empathy, has over-shared RN's bad behaviour since lockdown started and explained how they were understandable, and now this. Forking a kid in the nuts is celebrated. She's a horrible cow and I hope I am never unlucky enough to have to encounter her.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Breadcrumbs:
This made me eye roll as well. The whole thread just felt performative and dismissing the violence that one of her children apparently displayed.
And I highly doubt her children were compared to the Kray twins 🙄

• Heart
This made me eye roll as well. The whole thread just felt performative and dismissing the violence that one of her children apparently displayed.
And I highly doubt her children were compared to the Kray twins 🙄
Not only dismissing the violence but proactively rewarding it. Even if what this other child who she originally called a pervert did say something awful is it really justifiable to attack them?
Perhaps understand why your child has lashed out and give some sort of rationale to the club, however actively praising them. That is assuming it even happened in that way.

I'm left wondering what a child could possibly say that would provoke such a response. If it was as awful as she's making out, then the child has clearly suffered serious trauma, yet she sounds proud of her child's gratuitously violent reaction

• Sad
Reactions: 14
If it happened, that is an awful thing to post about on Twitter. Glorifying violence between CHILDREN (and apparently idolising the Krays) then 'judiciously not sharing' the whole story to conveniently frame her own child as being what she considers to be in the right. I'm sure her replies are full of people saying 'ur so right babes don't take no bs hun, snakes everywhere 🐍🐍🐍' but if what she says is accurate then it doesn't paint her and her family in a good light at all.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
If someone likened my nephews to the Krays, I'd be mortified but also be questioning the teacher that thought it appropriate to compare children to sociopathic murderers. None of the tale sounds like it's based in truth to me

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.