Roadside Mum

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
To be fair, she did write a really good series of tweets about Priti's draconian new trespass laws which will impact horribly on the GRT community.

However!

Just own who you are. Gypsy, Irish, New Age... whatever you are, just be that.

Don't hint at claiming something that isn't yours.

@CabalofBolorneaise has it right - she must live in constant fear of being Ken-d. :cool:

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Well, exactly. Be a passionate tweeter, share things you care about, express your opinion. Just don't lie. To coin a phrase, "you are enough"

And don't be fake passionate to build a following in order to ask for money (which is what I think she's done). Simple!

Reactions: 13
Once you realise she’s basically some middle class gobshite playing out some sort of ‘Common People’ scenario (‘if you called your Tory MP grandad, you could stop it all, yeah’) the shouting and aggression and entitlement and expectation that she should win every argument by showing off about how clever she is because everyone should agree with HER, all starts to make sense…she might as well be shouting ‘DELETE YOUR ACCOUNT, PLEB!’

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
To be fair, she did write a really good series of tweets about Priti's draconian new trespass laws which will impact horribly on the GRT community.

However!

Just own who you are. Gypsy, Irish, New Age... whatever you are, just be that.

Don't hint at claiming something that isn't yours.

@CabalofBolorneaise has it right - she must live in constant fear of being Ken-d. :cool:
Going to quote myself here... sarry!

Living with Gypsy people, I never was anything but a gorja woman.
People liked it or people didn't like it.
Their choice.

But I never denied my own heritage and pretended to be someone I wasn't.

• Heart
Going to quote myself here... sarry!

Living with Gypsy people, I never was anything but a gorja woman.
People liked it or people didn't like it.
Their choice.

But I never denied my own heritage and pretended to be someone I wasn't.
It wouldn't bother me quite as much if she wasn't such a rude, aggressive hole. But she's allowing people to assume she is a Gypsy or Traveller. She's not correcting them, and she refuses to explain anything about her background (Ken tried, bless 'im).
Acting the way that she does just confirms people's prejudices, and paints us in a bad light. GRT people do not need someone like her attached to us, not at all.

And that's before we consider the fact that she's profiting, through some of these assumptions she's allowing people to make...

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 22
And that's before we consider the fact that she's profiting, through some of these assumptions she's allowing people to make...
Agree completely. She’s exploiting middle class guilt on Twitter by feigning these identities, if she fessed up to the truth no one would be donating to buy her a new oven or table would they? It’s the same with Jack’s “keep my larder stocked and keep me and SB fed 🥺tit as if her grandad didn’t have half a street’s worth of houses & daddy was an incredibly senior fireman?!

Reactions: 21
It wouldn't bother me quite as much if she wasn't such a rude, aggressive hole. But she's allowing people to assume she is a Gypsy or Traveller. She's not correcting them, and she refuses to explain anything about her background (Ken tried, bless 'im).
Acting the way that she does just confirms people's prejudices, and paints us in a bad light. GRT people do not need someone like her attached to us, not at all.

I hope it helps to know that RM is a rogue individual who isn't an ambassador for GRT people any more than she is for epilepsy.

Ken, we salute you

• Heart
I've learned so much about the GRT community from this thread. The only thing I knew before was from when Mr WM was training to be a social worker in the olden days, they had a big lecture about not using middle class values unfairly bias the social worker about families living an alterntive lifestyle- eg it's fine if the kids all share a bedroom if they are happy, healthy, fed etc.

(If any of you read the Mrs Hinch thread here, the family are on a little trip in a campervan and the mumsnet energy is very strong- they are upset because she was seen with some baby rice in her campervan cupboard)

• Wow
  • Haha
Grandad being a Tory MP was definitely a plot twist I didn't see coming, but in hindsight makes perfect sense.

Also:

Collage 2021-09-29 16_51_13.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
Still find it difficult to believe a women wrote that sentence, it’s really bleeping scary. The use of the word whores is super disturbing, like something a vile misogynistic punter would say 😞
It's one of those words that is not universally seen as an issue (yet).

Reactions: 4
I advanced searched 'troll' and - as you might expect - there are a lot of results, however I think my new favourite thing is selecting tweets and presenting them with no context.

where's the bleeding tuna.png

There'll be extended consequences, Melody!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
I advanced searched 'troll' and - as you might expect - there are a lot of results, however I think my new favourite thing is selecting tweets and presenting them with no context.

View attachment 788879

There'll be extended consequences, Melody!
What’s the going rate for a troll? Are they paid per word, post, campaign of hate or is it salaried position? Keeping my options open for if my Jack Monroe patreon tracking doesn’t take off 😂 x

• Haha
What’s the going rate for a troll? Are they paid per word, post, campaign of hate or is it salaried position? Keeping my options open for if my Jack Monroe patreon tracking doesn’t take off 😂 x
The usual accusation, at least when accusing people of being paid by the government to shill for them on politics sites¹, is that they get paid per post.

¹Which a couple of countries, famously Israel and China, have been caught doing, and I would bet most do it to some degree.

Reactions: 6
Oh, here we go. Roadside Mum Teaching us about red flags re male violence (teaching with a capital T, don't you know)

Stand by for the evergreen "this happened to me me me me me" thread. Hopefully she'll save some spoons and just tweak her 31 Jul '21, 13-tweet thread, which includes a helpful, not at all condescending, definition of narcissism to boot

Reactions: 18
Of course you did [have something similar...]. The only surprise here is that it *wasn't* as extreme

Hahahaaa, imagine this: you're Roadside Mum and I suggest we catch up for a coffee. Respond as RSM.

Eventually, having established the coffee is a kind gift from me, we meet up, and I wince slightly and mention I hurt my back a bit during touch footy. Respond as RSM

Attachments

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.