Roadside Mum

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really don’t know the details of it all - I did catch an interesting tweet about the complete lack of support from other big military campaigners for Pen. The tweet alluded to this lack of support being telling.

Ultimately, the government has been, as usual, inept in the evacuation and it is sheer luck the Americans are grieving over lost lives (and the Afghans, of course). But, I think the government can be a tit show AND the one white man can come across as a complete prick. These two things are not mutually exclusive. I might feel differently if he was sat on a plane with those Afghan workers and their families instead of dogs and cats that might have to be put down on arrival.

Reactions: 9
I really don’t know the details of it all - I did catch an interesting tweet about the complete lack of support from other big military campaigners for Pen. The tweet alluded to this lack of support being telling.

Ultimately, the government has been, as usual, inept in the evacuation and it is sheer luck the Americans are grieving over lost lives (and the Afghans, of course). But, I think the government can be a tit show AND the one white man can come across as a complete prick. These two things are not mutually exclusive. I might feel differently if he was sat on a plane with those Afghan workers and their families instead of dogs and cats that might have to be put down on arrival.

yeah, you've put it much better than I can try to put into words atm.

it would feel a lot better if these animals had been evacuated after all the people who needed to be were evacuated

he's an hole, the government are arseholes and, to keep on topic, rsm is an hole

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Dat you Jack? For when the affirmation cards get boring and you are itching to use some coloured post it notes on a wall?

Seriously though - she might be having fun homeschooling the history boffin that is her naughty Kray, but I hope she isn’t responsible for the maths. Now I am no maths genius myself but, and I have double checked this, if the start of the Stone Age (her reckoning) is 2.7 million years ago and her scale has it at a distance of 2.7 km away, then her dining room time line wraparound is a massive 55 centimetres long (3500BC to now). More likely, it is 5.5 metres (10 cm per century) to wrap around the dining room. So the beginning of the Stone Age should be 27 km away.

That’s if it’s true.

Sorry - this sort of thing gets my goat. Counting up and measuring properly is probably a bit more important than post it notes on your dining room marking when the civil war ended or when Jesus was born (IMO).

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Watch out, look at Charles Darwin over here. Interestingly it seems there is no evidence to suggest that sabre tooth tigers ate humans. Maybe they just said horrible ableist things to them. I'm going to trust you did the maths properly Flash but ultimately it doesn't matter because 🗣 IT ISN'T TRUE.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Watch out, look at Charles Darwin over here. Interestingly it seems there is no evidence to suggest that sabre tooth tigers ate humans. Maybe they just said horrible ableist things to them. I'm going to trust you did the maths properly Flash but ultimately it doesn't matter because 🗣 IT ISN'T TRUE.
And RSM has obviously not heard of the Red Queen Hypothesis (aka running to stay still).

Reactions: 4
she's done a loooong potatoes-style thread about her trials and tribulations

20210829_183050.jpg

20210829_183106.jpg

20210829_183123.jpg

20210829_183136.jpg

Screenshot_20210829-183250_Twitter.jpg

tl;dr it had the desired effect

20210829_183314.jpg

• Wow
  • Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 31
Gotta be Jack's sister that surely? Too similar not to be a relation that's learnt from the best

Reactions: 8
she's done a loooong potatoes-style thread about her trials and tribulations

View attachment 735472
View attachment 735473
View attachment 735474
View attachment 735475
View attachment 735476

tl;dr it had the desired effect

View attachment 735479
Wait there’s a LOT to unpack here but yikes at the smirking child / “not even a bite for you” bit? 😬

It’s all the same, the shocking misery tale followed by a new Patreon subscriber or direct to bank account transfer. It’s bad because it’s always the same few who’ve been lucky enough to grow a platform of engaged MC paypigs when really that money would be better spent by charities helping lots of people. Just so gross.

Reactions: 18
Wow - so in June (I think it was, without trawling back) she is having day trips that are far away enough to need a hotel stay for the perpetually exhausted one. At least one of the trips was Hampton Court Palace (pls see attached prices).

Hand on heart, if I was living such a ridiculously tight shoe string budget, with kids that need a certain amount of calories to survive (or she could be done for inciting child abuse or some such tit), I would not be spunking a months worth of universal credit on a hotel and visit to Hampton Court Palace. And yes - the poors deserve nice things too but, duck me if that isn’t a monumental waste of resources when you are still having to wait for benefit decisions and crowd fund a mobility scooter - and you have two kids to feed and put shoes on.

Of course, she is probably sympathy fishing (and actual money fishing) for her next set of government lobbying. It’s mostly all bollocks - like most of her ramblings.

Attachments

Reactions: 10
Of ffs what a load of bullshit. Perhaps if when her little treasures were behaving like the kray twins (her description) the other week she shouldn’t have taken them out for chippy tea and milkshakes and extra sweets etc she would be able to buy a loaf of bread.
she does so much harm with this. Splashes out money then expects others to pick up the pieces which works with her grifting sob story.

Reactions: 14
Much like the slop Queen (and I think I mentioned this earlier) she has severe issues with being able to budget. Despite pontificating over her mastery of making a silk purse from a sows ear, time and time again, she proves she wastes money.

Sailing club /lessons. Disney plus subscriptions. Unnecessarily expensive daytrips when a drive to a country park/beach would be just as nice if you are on your arse. Hamster complete with allegedly the worlds best hamster accommodation (and vet bills when it was sick). DAddy has a favourite breakfast cafe that he is predictably at. She wanted requests for a great big greasy breakfast in Tunbridge Wells (what’s wrong with making a sandwich and taking a bottle in the car? I would if I couldn’t keep a loaf of bread in the freezer). Arguing with cafes about disability access and saying she won’t go there again. Browsing new bedding because she is sick of her old, mismatched bedding. Patreon subs for a povvo recipe person. Oh, and she was buying fancy gin at the beginning of the month. This is all stuff I remember coming across in recent weeks.

When you invariably turn up, RSM - know that WE SEE YOU. We see you very bleeping well.

PS - The rant about sharing three months bank statements with the council as part of the bungalow application? Kinda throws a new light onto it, when you think about the picture royalties she claims pays for treats, and the PayPal donations. Perchance there is money moving around in there that she might prefer a Council paying LHA not to see?

Reactions: 18
Feel bad commenting as I’ve never been poor in adulthood so pls call me out if I’m being insensitive - but do people even give away vile tatty things on Facebook? We have a community no buy page and tbh the stuff on there is always lovely, some people have put tat on and been flamed by members or given broken stuff and banned entirely. There have been posts like oh we have a family who need XYZ or a pregnant teen etc or collections for refugees or one person pre covid did stuff with dogs in Europe so needed food and towels and within afew hours the request is fulfilled?! The no buy phenomenon on Facebook has really taken off that I really can’t imagine anyone is living in the way she describes? Especially if she has a car for collection?!

Reactions: 13
Feel bad commenting as I’ve never been poor in adulthood so pls call me out if I’m being insensitive - but do people even give away vile tatty things on Facebook? We have a community no buy page and tbh the stuff on there is always lovely, some people have put tat on and been flamed by members or given broken stuff and banned entirely. There have been posts like oh we have a family who need XYZ or a pregnant teen etc or collections for refugees or one person pre covid did stuff with dogs in Europe so needed food and towels and within afew hours the request is fulfilled?! The no buy phenomenon on Facebook has really taken off that I really can’t imagine anyone is living in the way she describes? Especially if she has a car for collection?!
I agree, the amount of people who want to help especially after this last 18 months is incredible. Yes I agree there are people out there who are too proud to ask for things they need but rsm certainly isnt one of those is she. It's all poverty cosplay to keep those donations from well wishers rolling in

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I grew up relatively poor. We weren’t allowed to eat without asking (I guess so my mum knew the ingredients would be there coke lunch/dinner) and we ate what we were given. Surely this isn’t too much to ask of the ‘kray twins’? If they like pasta, it’s cheap to buy and make so she should stick to that if it’s easier. Colander can be picked up cheap too, especially if you budget

Reactions: 10
I grew up relatively poor. We weren’t allowed to eat without asking (I guess so my mum knew the ingredients would be there coke lunch/dinner) and we ate what we were given. Surely this isn’t too much to ask of the ‘kray twins’? If they like pasta, it’s cheap to buy and make so she should stick to that if it’s easier. Colander can be picked up cheap too, especially if you budget
I don't even understand why a broken colander means you can't have pasta? It's annoying, and means you probably have to drain it using a saucepan lid, but not impossible and certainly better than starving.
Also the handwringing about having to go to the shop to get bread ffs. She isn't even saying she can't afford it but that she'll be paying over the odds. Again, yes, that is annoying but better than starving.
Assuming it is true, scrimping and saving and not giving your family what you would wish for is heartbreaking, but the examples she gives are so bizarre.

Reactions: 14
I don't even understand why a broken colander means you can't have pasta? It's annoying, and means you probably have to drain it using a saucepan lid, but not impossible and certainly better than starving.
Also the handwringing about having to go to the shop to get bread ffs. She isn't even saying she can't afford it but that she'll be paying over the odds. Again, yes, that is annoying but better than starving.
Assuming it is true, scrimping and saving and not giving your family what you would wish for is heartbreaking, but the examples she gives are so bizarre.
Like all these people - and doesn’t like stick with like, what with her being such good Twitter pals with GI Jack, there is probably a tiny snippet of truth...maybe she had a bash at something new for dinner and the kids didn’t like it, and they have played up for her...and before you know it we have a “I am so poor - and so poorly, please PayPal me cash.” EXACTLY the same when she had the parking fine.

It’s like she feels the world owes her stuff because she got a photo on tv for a few days, and Marcus tweeted about it. Wretched.

By the way - her rent, of which she will be paying nothing, is a grand a month. She moaned about social housing being sold off so now we, the taxpayer are enriching her landlord to the tune of twelve grand a year. Unless she is living in a fairly central city, or in a very high net worth area, I imagine her gaff is pretty bleeping ok for that sort of cash.

Reactions: 15
Do her kids normally just neck soy sauce while she's not looking? How old are her kids that they're still spitting their dinner out down their jumpers? She's so disingenuous. Yes, it does sound far-fetched. In fact it almost sounds like ...she's lying.

Reactions: 17
I think that absolutely none of what she posts actually happens. or, at least, there's a grain of truth that leads to a great deal of creative writing.

I mean, if you have pasta, whyyyyy would you not just serve pasta?? a colander is not essential. you don't have a sieve or a slotted spoon or a lid to drain? why is the "something brown" not elaborated upon? does it even exist?

my corner shop's ham is £1, same as the supermarket.

who would ever prioritise getting stains out of a top (even if it wasn't cream marl) over eating dinner, especially if you are so very poor and hungry?

I have very little maternal instinct, but if I did have children and duck all cash, I would certainly prioritise their milk and breakfast over my coffee

if she really wanted to help the 4.3 million children in poverty, she could be doing a hell of a lot more than twitter sadfishing

Reactions: 22
Surely if the universal credit doesnt stretch that far and your mini krays are unable to feed themselves without wearing said food instead of swolling it you would simply have old t shirts for meal times? Or you would give them the food as separate items instead of in jack slop special form which they wont eat?
Also as a single mum with no help from my children's father I pride myself on the struggles we have endured and come out the other side of, without banging the begging bowl like a set of drums on the internet along the way. That's not to say we havent had help, just that we havent announced to the world what my bank details are while waiting for a notification that someone has sent me their heating benefit money while I'm drinking coffee resting from a long weekend away 👀😬
Poverty is very real I accept many people dont have anything to eat some days, but where there is children there is always help available, be that social services or the school/doctors/local church/food bank etc

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.