Roadside Mum

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Back to normal.

Wading, unbidden, into an argument with a racist nazi and a Swede living in UK. Honestly, I am not quite sure what point she is making, but if she is saying Swedes were Nazis during the war, she is pretty off. Some Swedes (and some Brits, and probably racists in every European country for that matter!) definitely did support the Nazis but this sweeping statement is a bit bleeping rich.

....and, is she skint or now just making a broader point about childhood poverty and if some money happens to fall into her account as a consequence, well, that’s just happenstance!

By the way - one for the many Jack thread crossover people. Can you remember the sycophantic BexBites - she shared a story about a person in Aldi buying her kid chocolate cereal and scrounged some followers on the back of it? A lot of Jack commenting and sharing, liking each other’s posts and what not. Promoted her PayPal and Patreon at the drop of a hat, like all good grifters.

Anyway - I am fairly sure she is the recipe guru that is MarmiteMama that RSM is all chummy with. Now doing OnlyFans as well as cheap pasta recipes. 🤷🏼‍♀️ Not 100% but they come across as very similar and the bio rings a bell, along with the picture on the Patreon site. Dunno about you guys but I am not keen on reading about sexploits of my cheap recipe content providers, thanks!

Birds of a bleeping feather.

ETA - yes, yes she is. The last photo. Thick as bleeping thieves. (Convo about the leggings drying hair.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 17
Back to normal.

Wading, unbidden, into an argument with a racist nazi and a Swede living in UK. Honestly, I am not quite sure what point she is making, but if she is saying Swedes were Nazis during the war, she is pretty off. Some Swedes (and some Brits, and probably racists in every European country for that matter!) definitely did support the Nazis but this sweeping statement is a bit bleeping rich.

....and, is she skint or now just making a broader point about childhood poverty and if some money happens to fall into her account as a consequence, well, that’s just happenstance!

By the way - one for the many Jack thread crossover people. Can you remember the sycophantic BexBites - she shared a story about a person in Aldi buying her kid chocolate cereal and scrounged some followers on the back of it? A lot of Jack commenting and sharing, liking each other’s posts and what not. Promoted her PayPal and Patreon at the drop of a hat, like all good grifters.

Anyway - I am fairly sure she is the recipe guru that is MarmiteMama that RSM is all chummy with. Now doing OnlyFans as well as cheap pasta recipes. 🤷🏼‍♀️ Not 100% but they come across as very similar and the bio rings a bell, along with the picture on the Patreon site. Dunno about you guys but I am not keen on reading about sexploits of my cheap recipe content providers, thanks!

ETA - yes, yes she is. The last photo. Thick as bleeping thieves. (Convo about the leggings drying hair.
“Sprinkle of support” comes across as so condescending. Like it’s not quite enough.

Reactions: 12
Back to normal.

This whole subculture is so bleeping weird, it’s like you’ve got the fawning MC #FBPE elders serving as paypigs to a few fiction writers? How can they not see how bad it is that all that charitable cash is floating towards just a handful of people?

Also it doesn’t matter whether you work or not, no one should be forced to live in poverty you shouldn’t need to work 40 hours a week to have a safe clean home over your head. That’s very Tory Monroe of her tbh. Maybe this is Tory H of me but also don’t class donations and royalties off an image as work? More passive income but hey ho why does it matter!

• Heart
Reactions: 21
This is absolute shite. My niece is a single mum on benefits, two children, youngest is disabled and she gets no support off their father. She lives well, never has to worry about money and has a small amount of savings. Poverty of the kind RSM speaks is usually down to having debt or other issues which mean you are unable to budget, especially with the kind of money she will be on, which is roughly £450pw based on rent of £100pw and her having a disability. She won't be subject to the benefit cap either as she is disabled. She would also be able to get a motorised wheelchair using her PIP mobility element and pay weekly, in a similar fashion to a mobility car, assuming her car that breaks down all the time isn't a mobility car. There are single parents out there on much less and they will definitely be suffering and unable to cope financially as their circumstances mean they are entitled to less benefit. RSM is a grifter.

Kids tops from Primark cost less than a fiver, shop there, I do.

And, I never get my colander out as it is just one more thing to wash

• Wow
Reactions: 14
Sweden wasn't on the same side as the Nazis though. They sat on the fence for most of the war (mainly because they were profiting off both sides which to be fair is not exactly admirable when one side is literal Nazis) but later swung towards the allies, helping to free Denmark and Norway.

A new history teacher is required at that house, poor kids will be wondering how the sabre tooth tigers served in WW2 😭

• Haha
Reactions: 22
This is absolute shite. My niece is a single mum on benefits, two children, youngest is disabled and she gets no support off their father. She lives well, never has to worry about money and has a small amount of savings. Poverty of the kind RSM speaks is usually down to having debt or other issues which mean you are unable to budget, especially with the kind of money she will be on, which is roughly £450pw based on rent of £100pw and her having a disability. She won't be subject to the benefit cap either as she is disabled. She would also be able to get a motorised wheelchair using her PIP mobility element and pay weekly, in a similar fashion to a mobility car, assuming her car that breaks down all the time isn't a mobility car. There are single parents out there on much less and they will definitely be suffering and unable to cope financially as their circumstances mean they are entitled to less benefit. RSM is a grifter.

Kids tops from Primark cost less than a fiver, shop there, I do.

And, I never get my colander out as it is just one more thing to wash
Hi Lizzie - yes she is a grifter. And I think she is definitely tit at budgeting but pretends she is the ninja budgeteer so she can heroically plead she is deprived nonetheless. She has shared that her rent “enriches her landlord by 12k a year” on Twitter. She has been ambiguous about her benefits but moans a lot about universal credit. She said she was applying for PIP in March (wheelchair fundraiser) but then she said she was filling in the forms and it was taking hours of phone time with an adviser in June/July. I suppose, I am trying to highlight that she hasn’t been specific about her money (and she has every right to privacy, for sure) but I think it is more about being vague because then the “grinding poverty” angle is a lot easier to sell.

I too have been on my arse with a couple of young kids. Thank god, no health issues on top, but being financially and physically deserted by their dad and had a few very hard years whilst pulling myself out of the financial mire that was unavoidable as a consequence. There were no fancy day trips and hotel stays, when I needed food and clothes for my kids. That’s what irks me. It’s like she can do the nice things, then moan to the world in order to get the basics covered.

Incidentally, if Tesco/Asda hadn’t start selling cheap uniforms and kids clothes (along with the Primark explosion), my kids would never have owned a new thing unless someone else bought it. The year before Asda started doing blazers, I had to get one from the uniform shop - it was £38 fourteen years ago. I think I was earning £3.50-£4 an hour or thereabouts. If her gran hadn’t helped, I don’t know what I would have done! The year after, £12 from Asda. I nearly danced down the aisle!

It sounds like your niece is doing a great job and should be proud of herself because it isn’t easy! ❤

Sweden wasn't on the same side as the Nazis though. They sat on the fence for most of the war (mainly because they were profiting off both sides which to be fair is not exactly admirable when one side is literal Nazis) but later swung towards the allies, helping to free Denmark and Norway.

A new history teacher is required at that house, poor kids will be wondering how the sabre tooth tigers served in WW2 😭
She has watched Girl With The Dragon tattoo and decided that all those rich industrial Swedes were goosestepping with the Nazis in secret, hasn’t she.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Hi Lizzie - yes she is a grifter. And I think she is definitely tit at budgeting but pretends she is the ninja budgeteer so she can heroically plead she is deprived nonetheless. She has shared that her rent “enriches her landlord by 12k a year” on Twitter. She has been ambiguous about her benefits but moans a lot about universal credit. She said she was applying for PIP in March (wheelchair fundraiser) but then she said she was filling in the forms and it was taking hours of phone time with an adviser in June/July. I suppose, I am trying to highlight that she hasn’t been specific about her money (and she has every right to privacy, for sure) but I think it is more about being vague because then the “grinding poverty” angle is a lot easier to sell.

I too have been on my arse with a couple of young kids. Thank god, no health issues on top, but being financially and physically deserted by their dad and had a few very hard years whilst pulling myself out of the financial mire that was unavoidable as a consequence. There were no fancy day trips and hotel stays, when I needed food and clothes for my kids. That’s what irks me. It’s like she can do the nice things, then moan to the world in order to get the basics covered.

Incidentally, if Tesco/Asda hadn’t start selling cheap uniforms and kids clothes (along with the Primark explosion), my kids would never have owned a new thing unless someone else bought it. The year before Asda started doing blazers, I had to get one from the uniform shop - it was £38 fourteen years ago. I think I was earning £3.50-£4 an hour or thereabouts. If her gran hadn’t helped, I don’t know what I would have done! The year after, £12 from Asda. I nearly danced down the aisle!

It sounds like your niece is doing a great job and should be proud of herself because it isn’t easy! ❤

She has watched Girl With The Dragon tattoo and decided that all those rich industrial Swedes were goosestepping with the Nazis in secret, hasn’t she.
I think it's all a grift. If she was 'bedbound' she would be getting PIPs. All PIP reassessments due in the last year or so were put on hold so I'm not really sure why she was reapplying, unless her reassessment slipped through the DWP report parameters. If she was applying for the first time then I'd wonder why that was.

If RSMs rent is 12k a year and she were getting PIPs, she'd be receiving more than £450pw. I used the amount of £100pw as a guesstimate for social housing but how much she gets would be based on the LHA amount for a two bedroom house in the area she lives in. I'd guess, if she's down south she would be getting a good chunk of that paid by UC and she could also apply for Discretionary Housing Payments from her local authority to cover the shortfall, especially considering her health needs.

I'm not saying benefits are generous, they really aren't, especially if you are getting the most basic amounts but they are more generous for people with disabilities, even UC. My niece only copes financially on benefits because she gets extra for caring for a disabled child. I'm glad you're back on your feet now, I was on benefits for a while years ago due to an injury and I couldn't work and it was only thanks to my parents generously paying one month's rent and the fact I was only off for 6 months that I was able to cope

• Heart
Reactions: 11
My guess is she didn’t apply at all in March - when it was first suggested on the GoFundMe she was. She put it off because she was getting money from flogging the photo and her “story” for a bit. And dallied a bit with trying to be a “consultant”. That backfired/fizzled out so she finally has/did apply in June/July. Even a casual scan down her timeline of copious, draining and attention seeking tweets shows she is about as bed ridden as me, I.e. not.

I know the benefits situation has deteriorated in recent years, and sets to continue to do so, looking at the current government. I do sometimes wonder if I would have coped on UC instead of WTC/CTC/CB and my part time work. But you are right - if there is some disability involved, it is marginally better. What usually helps is sensible and careful money management and not, for example, saying you will use money you have to pay a £30 fine then “forget because M.E.” And wail when it’s £90. Or, buying some extra cupboard essentials instead of family tickets to Hampton Court Palace, a hotel, petrol and a second (unspecified) day trip the day after. Then have the brass neck to moan you have run out of bread.

She was cleverer than Jack in that she started off with the "I need my anonymity" claim which has given her room to not share things and an excuse if she contradicts herself ("Sorry I was changing X detail for my anonymity") but even with that the inconsistencies are starting to be glaring.

The way she describes her kids is beyond words. Does she think she's making them sound brilliant or something?

• Heart
Reactions: 14
She was cleverer than Jack in that she started off with the "I need my anonymity" claim which has given her room to not share things and an excuse if she contradicts herself ("Sorry I was changing X detail for my anonymity") but even with that the inconsistencies are starting to be glaring.

The way she describes her kids is beyond words. Does she think she's making them sound brilliant or something?
Yes - anonymity is a great move, considering the circumstances.

She is definitely one of those that thinks she is cleverer than she actually is. I hope her kids have real educational opportunities. Nazi Swedes, shite maths and her shite attitude just in the past few days suggest she would not make a good teacher.

Just had a catch up (very much focused on Non Binary Icon last night).

Leading a riot - what, from her bed, on Twitter?

Being confrontational again (and not apologising, as per) but has liked the last tweet so definitely knows her twattish attitude is a thing.

And, finally...Food/Poverty news? I don’t have that sub-heading on any of my news apps...wonder if she is trying to invent it so she can be chief correspondent.

Attachments

• Wow
  • Angry

She is definitely one of those that thinks she is cleverer than she actually is. I hope her kids have real educational opportunities. Nazi Swedes, shite maths and her shite attitude just in the past few days suggest she would not make a good teacher.

Being confrontational again (and not apologising, as per) but has liked the last tweet so definitely knows her twattish attitude is a thing.

And, finally...Food/Poverty news? I don’t have that sub-heading on any of my news apps...wonder if she is trying to invent it so she can be chief correspondent.
This is just so weird and reading it is really making me interrogate my political views - it’s making me think surely I’m not not left wing because I just don’t agree with this?

Like am I delusional for thinking this government will always ensure we have some food available to us? Afaik the issues we faced in early covid were due to panic buying & the supply chain not being flexible enough to quickly respond to surges, it was 2-3 weeks and tbh local businesses really stepped up in that time (I know this is more expensive tho). Now with supply shortages because of truck drivers going back to European countries they’re upping wages to re/attract drivers. That’s a market mechanism and it’s hopefully going to work? Like Tories are abhorrent and on the wrong side absolutely but I don’t believe there’s this conspiracy to commit genocide via the food supply (which is what she’s eluding to in that dark path post?).

literally my face rn is like 🤨 just can’t make heads nor tails of this content. It’s quite disturbing tbh it’s that weird gnashing at the skies/clawing at the floors triggering style of writing Jack does it’s very hard to take it seriously it’s just scary?

Reactions: 21

Ooh, she's taken a swipe at Marcus!

• Wow
Reactions: 12
Ooh, she's taken a swipe at Marcus!
Think I speak for all of us when I say: LEAVE MARCUS ALONE doesn't she think he gets enough hate from the racists and if they feel his performance isn't up to scratch football fans are vicious online.

All that with the threat of the right wing press waiting to pounce if he messes up yet he still tries to make a positive difference, but because he's not poor now that's not good enough?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Does rsm kids go to their dad? If they do then surely the bread bag doesnt need to worry about being stretched that far of the week. If they dont they surely get child maintenance on top of their benefit entitlement? If they dont then why dont they? She should he campaigning for that surely not banging the begging drums to strangers to feed them instead

Reactions: 5
Does rsm kids go to their dad? If they do then surely the bread bag doesnt need to worry about being stretched that far of the week. If they dont they surely get child maintenance on top of their benefit entitlement? If they dont then why dont they? She should he campaigning for that surely not banging the begging drums to strangers to feed them instead
Much like her finances - she keeps that arrangement opaque. He is very much present in their lives though (which, of course, is a good thing) and I am sure he would be happy to help out with a loaf and a packet of chicken roll, instead of his regular cafe breakfasts.

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.