Roadside Mum

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm adding 'nice try but my analogy was watertight' to my list of phrases to be used to shut down an argument. Why bother titting about on Twitter asking what a COVID cough sounds like or if a child with COVID would have specific symptoms (coughs are coughs, they're all the same innit) when you can just get a test done? Maybe I'm a maverick as when I thought I had COVID I self-isolated and got a test. That's my thrilling tale of when I had COVID, please channel your appreciation into my cashapp.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I'm adding 'nice try but my analogy was watertight' to my list of phrases to be used to shut down an argument. Why bother titting about on Twitter asking what a COVID cough sounds like or if a child with COVID would have specific symptoms (coughs are coughs, they're all the same innit) when you can just get a test done? Maybe I'm a maverick as when I thought I had COVID I self-isolated and got a test. That's my thrilling tale of when I had COVID, please channel your appreciation into my cashapp.
Also the asking about what a covid cough sounds like after stating she knew what it sounded like. Wonder why she wanted a recording? Perhaps to play on the phone to someone?! Pure speculation of course!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
Oh hi, guess what? @Roadsidemum has Jesus arms

Insane

Edited to say: bleeping insane
I feel like this is some weird fight club sort of tit in that she’s both the dad and the mum cos why else does she spend so much time with him yet he won’t buy her Pringles? They’re eternally on BOGOF so he’d even get a tube out the deal?

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I feel like this is some weird fight club sort of tit in that she’s both the dad and the mum cos why else does she spend so much time with him yet he won’t buy her Pringles? They’re eternally on BOGOF so he’d even get a tube out the deal?
I can't follow this. WTF happened?

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I see more entirely unwarranted aggression and nastiness has surfaced. Along with more suspected cases of COVID than a Conservative cabinet meeting. At least she has admitted she hasn’t tested positive yet. Just do a lateral flow, you absolute cretin.

What in the name of fantastical fuckery is the “go back from where you came from” nonsense all about though. Children screaming! It has to be fantasising. And of course, in the fantasy, the parking was fine and she was the hero.

By the way, am I the only one that has noticed the Victorian urchin/Oliver Twist hint with “the kids were beside themselves over the cake bars and juice” bollocks? Because they are sooooooo poor, the don’t normally see a sniff of a cake bar or a juice carton.

duck me.

Reactions: 24
Look I genuinely hope she is ok as if she has Covid the worst part when it is still mild is the worry that suddenly you will take a turn for the worse. I did post on here when I had covid after about a week but put nothing on my public social media.

If she is reading and struggling please try to sit up and not lie on your back as I have read the fluid can gather in lungs and seemingly trying to sleep/lie on your front is better. I would be in a higher risk category so tried to ensure I didn’t make it worse by lying back even when I wanted to.
Try to keep hydrated and if you have moments of feeling well drink some soups and yoghurts as cooking/eating anything else can be a challenge

• Heart
Reactions: 13
My sympathies and Get Well Soon wishes to you @Walkdengirl - I have been surprisingly bug free for so long now, I have forgotten what it’s like to be bugged up.

Here, in ScandiLand , it is disgustingly healthy and relatively virus free. I can’t believe I am heading back to Blighty 5his weekend, when COVID is still a thing, the worlds worst cold is whizzing around, and there is duck all in the shops or the petrol pumps.

By the way - when you see on Twitter and the like, about there being no shortages in Europe, it is certainly true of both Norway and Sweden. Tripping over bountiful displays of stock. I will be avidly stopping off in Denmark, Germany, Belgium and France on my way home to see if it is the case there too. I might even do a big shop and fill up the tank before I hop on the ferry at Calais.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I can't follow this. WTF happened?
Sorry - it was a tweet over a ruined Christmas dinner she’d gone all out and bought real Pringles then her kid had eaten them all apparently, ergo leaving her clawing and gnashing at the walls. I’m just perplexed as to how she has a reasonable enough co parenting relationship with someone who is/was a multi business owner and yet is budgeting on a shoe string for family holidays? The dad doesn’t make any sense to me in the broader lifestyle story, if he’s a single bloke on UC he must be in an even worse position than her but that’s never referenced?

Reactions: 17
My sympathies and Get Well Soon wishes to you @Walkdengirl - I have been surprisingly bug free for so long now, I have forgotten what it’s like to be bugged up.

Here, in ScandiLand , it is disgustingly healthy and relatively virus free. I can’t believe I am heading back to Blighty 5his weekend, when COVID is still a thing, the worlds worst cold is whizzing around, and there is duck all in the shops or the petrol pumps.

By the way - when you see on Twitter and the like, about there being no shortages in Europe, it is certainly true of both Norway and Sweden. Tripping over bountiful displays of stock. I will be avidly stopping off in Denmark, Germany, Belgium and France on my way home to see if it is the case there too. I might even do a big shop and fill up the tank before I hop on the ferry at Calais.
I’ve noticed some items out of stock but nothing really essential (distilled vinegar! I use it for cleaning) but other supermarkets had it in stock. I see there is less OTT Xmas displays hen I went out in the week. I saw a news report showing empty shelves in a supermarket, it was the yoghurt/dessert fridge and there was one mini trifle. Ok I can cope without trifle! For sure there are going to be shortages but I don’t think the shelves are empty just yet...

Sounds like she has that bbc “worst cold. Ever”

I’m actually annoyed at bbc for perpetuating this bollocks.

My mum is a massive Tory and won’t admit there are shortages. She does her shopping online and assures me there are no problems except that she sometimes can’t get bread…

Yeah RSD is a pretty one dimensional character. Brilliant at everything except feeding his kids.

Reactions: 18
Yeah RSD is a pretty one dimensional character. Brilliant at everything except feeding his kids.
WELL!

🎵🎶 There's a thread for us, a time and a place for us
Hold my hand and we're half way there
Hold my hand and I'll take you there 🎵🎶

First screenie: a stand alone from Nov '20

The rest - from Feb '21 - need a warning that these are likely the most boring words you'll ever read

I know this is BEC, but I can't stand the trope of the "hopeless Daddy", whether it be Peppa Pig, your friend or twitter scammers

By the way, am I the only one that has noticed the Victorian urchin/Oliver Twist hint with “the kids were beside themselves over the cake bars and juice” bollocks? Because they are sooooooo poor, the don’t normally see a sniff of a cake bar or a juice carton.
You are not the only one! Just the other day, their Naughty Little Faces were pressed against a frosty shop window in wistful longing.

I'm just surprised they didn't have to skip off to model a Roman-style vase from backyard clay, for those flowers

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Sad
Dunno about a cold, but I think I've got an ear infection. It's not very pleasant.
Did you say EAR INFECTION?!
Alexa, search "ear (from:roadsidemum)"

If you can be bothered at all (it's too late for me, save yourself) you'll need to read from the bottom of each screenie for mostly chronological.

Sept '20, How to Bang On About Your Ear on Social Media and it Might Kill You

And a little treat from August '21, when you remember you've lost hearing and have to call your GP 68 times, and it may be the hamsters fault

And I tell you what, friends' spouses are helpful aren't they? Yacht Club Friend Spouse. Doctor Friend Spouse

I'm off to work, bye!

I'm adding 'nice try but my analogy was watertight' to my list of phrases to be used

Maybe I'm a maverick as when I thought I had COVID I self-isolated and got a test. That's my thrilling tale of when I had COVID, please channel your appreciation into my cashapp.
Please tell us how your cat responds

You missed a trick there, not stretching your tale over a year!

Attachments

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
After reading the “Saga of the Ear” I have decided she IS Jack. So is a certain trainee grifter with complex and severe trauma, gifted and talented, bullied and a troubled teen.

Jack has three accounts doing their thing so triple the income. It’s the only possible explanation. I flat refuse to believe there is more than one of them. Impossible. The world cannot be that cruel. 😂😂.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
After reading the “Saga of the Ear” I have decided she IS Jack. So is a certain trainee grifter with complex and severe trauma, gifted and talented, bullied and a troubled teen.

Jack has three accounts doing their thing so triple the income. It’s the only possible explanation. I flat refuse to believe there is more than one of them. Impossible. The world cannot be that cruel. 😂😂.
Fantasy Denby china shopping to cheer self up is a big coincidence!

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.