Roadside Mum

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This isn’t the first “we need to isolate and test” drama. I suppose it got some sympathy last time. It is funny how she went in one hour from “don’t think it’s COVID” to “coughing now so it’s test and isolate time”.

I have never known a bunch of people get so sick...be chronic, complex, severe, the worst...in EVERYTHING. All of them. Hattie has deactivated after re-activating to protect her followers and blue tick. She will be back in 3-4 weeks to do the same, I am sure. MM is untreatable in her various needs because it’s too complex, Jack is laid up with a fever...and now this with RSM.

A big bunch of malingering scroungers, to the last woman. Wonder if it’s good for “business”?
When you have nothing that’s actually particularly unique, interesting or exceptional about yourself the easiest way to gain attention and sympathy is to just malinger and whine about how you’re the sickest, the most traumatised, burn out level 10000 or whatever bullshit is fashionable that day online. Whinging on Twitter all day to strangers on the internet whilst your monotonous friendless life goes on with zero interest from the outside world seems to pay. These people literally tweet from the moment they wake up to the moment they go to sleep despite having bleeping children and responsibilities because they are so starved of real life attention. It’s also very easy to make up totally fictitious stories about yourself to make yourself seem interesting.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Thanks Flash, since I don't know how to delete after edit time, I've fixed it elsewhere!

When you have nothing that’s actually particularly unique, interesting or exceptional about yourself the easiest way to gain attention and sympathy is to just malinger and whine about how you’re the sickest, the most traumatised, burn out level 10000 or whatever bullshit is fashionable that day online. Whinging on Twitter all day to strangers on the internet whilst your monotonous friendless life goes on with zero interest from the outside world seems to pay. These people literally tweet from the moment they wake up to the moment they go to sleep despite having bleeping children and responsibilities because they are so starved of real life attention. It’s also very easy to make up totally fictitious stories about yourself to make yourself seem interesting.
Hahaaaaa so true. My state in Oz is currently in lockdown and everything is quieter. On the family message group I've said variously "Hi nothing to report today, just the normal good stuff" and very recently, for experiment purposes in relation to this Tattle game, I sent family a multi-msg "thread" story. My hilarious family replied with replies like "why on earth are you telling us rambling stories from 20 years ago, are you really that bored?" Etc! I laughed, didn't explain, went and did something better, didn't tell them to DELETE THEIR ACCOUNT

OMFG

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
It might be delta variant yes as that’s the most rampant strain of Covid in the UK right now, most people with Covid have delta variant but you crack on and hype it up love. Maybe get a nicotine patch you’re unbearable with the cigs, going cold turkey off them with possible Covid is too much( for me to bear. Might @999 and ask them to just put you on a ventilator now

Reactions: 10
Not actually said she has COVID though, has she...and lateral flow tests tell you in 15 -20 minutes. In my daughters case, it was about 2 minutes for a positive when she had it. The ambulance would have tested, surely? Also - with her history of being overweight, ex? Smoker, chronic illness, well I don’t think the ambulance would have left her at home if it was serious. So, nice one for ringing them out.

That’s if it’s true. Her usual tweets don’t usually get above 30 likes. This one is already near 300.

If she does - I would suggest we might be in for a bumpy ride, going on past behaviour but she has definitely reined it in of late - I wonder why?

As an aside - and I know it’s not possible for everyone but - if you get a chance and have a spare tenner then I recommend a pulse oximeter. It is incredibly reassuring to be able to check the temperature and the oxygen levels of a family member with COVID. Keeps you from stressing out (well it did me, anyway!). And helps you not waste nhs time and resources too. I got mine from Argos (pre-all the lockdowns and panic).

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Is 'the worst cold ever' going around? https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-58624295

Also - just going to leave this here as it may be of interest.
Is it harsh to think perhaps people are being a bit soft? We probably all escaped a bad cold last year due to being in various stages of lockdown so maybe people are getting a bit of a shock this year? I don’t really understand the mentality of harping on about how bad things are. Get some tablets and get some rest. I might muster some sympathy if someone’s limb is practically falling off or they have a very serious illness but otherwise don’t we all have our own problems? Maybe I am just an hole though.

I think many people now will panic and worry at the signs of a cold/flu like illness and immediately think COVID - for sure. Most people won’t share it on a public platform for attention though.

Over 400 likes now, dozens of sympathy responses and even this buried among them. This is what it’s all about for these people.

Attachments

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
Is it harsh to think perhaps people are being a bit soft? We probably all escaped a bad cold last year due to being in various stages of lockdown so maybe people are getting a bit of a shock this year? I don’t really understand the mentality of harping on about how bad things are. Get some tablets and get some rest. I might muster some sympathy if someone’s limb is practically falling off or they have a very serious illness but otherwise don’t we all have our own problems? Maybe I am just an hole though.
Was chatting about this the other day with Mr NT, the effect that lockdown and keeping away from everyone has likely had on our immune system. Our bodies are bound to find it harder to deal with bugs that they're suddenly coming into contact with after such a long time. It's most likely that, rather than the cold virus itself being particularly bad.

On topic - RM can still get in the bin.

Reactions: 17
She is building up for another lot of donations. Maybe someone will send some more jarred plums (the popular food staple).
I was hoping one brave follower might point out that a simple test would confirm whether it’s Covid or not but it seems they are all too scared.

On the other hand RSM might be too weak to tweet sweary abuse so now could be the time.

I have a sats monitor and BP monitor at home, it’s quite the mini hospital here.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Do you think she is trying to provoke an argument by mentioning calling the ambulance which she then didn’t go into given the whole media attention about people in Scotland being advised not to phone one etc?

• Wow
Reactions: 11
I was hoping one brave follower might point out that a simple test would confirm whether it’s Covid or not but it seems they are all too scared.
So, in all the maelstrom of tweets she has made about this, she hasn't mentioned taking a test??! Isn't getting a test literally step one as soon as an individual feels any covid symptoms.

Reactions: 14
I find it fascinating how people are willing to send a completely anonymous & unverified person a care package? Like this could legit be some disgusting man sat in a basement somewhere and you’re fussing to send him Pringles and prawns? Bizarre

• Haha
Reactions: 22
So, in all the maelstrom of tweets she has made about this, she hasn't mentioned taking a test??! Isn't getting a test literally step one as soon as an individual feels any covid symptoms.
Yes but over 500 likes and over 100 comments and well wishing aren’t as likely with “I have a rotten cold”. A lateral flow would clear up her status in 10 minutes. Alluding to COVID (as @sixdinnersid83 has said) is better for donations. And no one will criticise her using an ambulance for suspected serious COVID but calling them out for a bad cold isn’t going to go down well.

I expect it will be “confirmed” as COVID soon. And we will have to take her word for it. Because that’s her only option now NHS resources have been unnecessarily used.

Reactions: 12
Not actually said she has COVID though, has she...and lateral flow tests tell you in 15 -20 minutes. In my daughters case, it was about 2 minutes for a positive when she had it. The ambulance would have tested, surely? Also - with her history of being overweight, ex? Smoker, chronic illness, well I don’t think the ambulance would have left her at home if it was serious. So, nice one for ringing them out.

That’s if it’s true. Her usual tweets don’t usually get above 30 likes. This one is already near 300.

As an aside - and I know it’s not possible for everyone but - if you get a chance and have a spare tenner then I recommend a pulse oximeter. It is incredibly reassuring to be able to check the temperature and the oxygen levels of a family member with COVID. Keeps you from stressing out (well it did me, anyway!). And helps you not waste nhs time and resources too. I got mine from Argos (pre-all the lockdowns and panic).
I've an idea: we could all chip in to the cashapp for RSM to buy one LOL

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Roadside Mum's coughs: a retrospective

Search term: "cough (from:roadsidemum)"/Latest
from Dec '19 to date

Plus a DHOTY from August this year, for fun

And one from Dec '20 at the end, perhaps nicely timed to set up the prawns story and the xmas gifts

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
Roadside Mum's coughs: a retrospective

Search term: "cough (from:roadsidemum)"/Latest
from Dec '19 to date

Plus a DHOTY from August this year, for fun

And one from Dec '20 at the end, perhaps nicely timed to set up the prawns story and the xmas gifts
Did the Squiggle who asked if it might have been the flour in Morrison's that made them cough mean it as sarcasm?
Because I spat my tea out laughing when I read it.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Jesus Murphy, this person is unreal. I've known some cranky fuckers in my life but this one is just 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Some Roadside Mum wtf-ery: "John, this is a weak response"

pretty sure the romans started the whole measuring mass in lbs + oz business -- y'know, as in libra

maybe rsm should consider DELETING HER ACCOUNT

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.