Roadside Mum #4 Let me tell you in excessive detail

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It really is! I paid for a copy. And heard nothing for months. I'll check my emails to see when I purchased it.

Paid for 31/10/21. Last update was 1/08/22.
Here is said update under the header "Heart felt thanks & confession"
Thank you so much for sharing this.

Straight out of the JM playbook.

I was also taken in by this prick when she first showed up online. Sad to see she's happy to take money from people for nothing.

Reactions: 6
It's Grifters 101, isn't it? Take money a product/service, fail to deliver same and deploy excuse after excuse until hopefully people stop asking or forget about it.

Reactions: 9
At no point through that update is the word sorry uttered. It’s outrageous.

She takes tens of thousands from her target market of poors. She makes them wait months and months with no whisper of commitment to support their submission. She goes on several holidays. And then, when she starts to get a bit of bite back, she issues a non-apology wirh nonsense excuses and never once uses the word sorry.

For Google - RoadsideMum aka Louisa Britain is a complete fraud. A scammer. And targets the poor, her core supporters.

Reactions: 11
I bought the book, cause I was trying to help others. Even though I'm not rich/well off.
I'm a single parent who works 50hrs a week to make ends meet. Get no help of the kids dad and only entitled to child benefit for 2 of my children as 1 has just quit college.

I thought the book might give me ideas to save money 🤷🏼‍♀️, whilst helping others.

Just feel so stupid for falling for it and for buying postcards of JM when I first came across her!.

Learnt my lesson but still feel like an idiot!.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Crisplover - most of us (me included) are here because we are kind and thought the best of these people. I chucked some money at Jack. At a glance, RSM is doing something worthwhile. It’s only when digging (and finding here) that things turn it to be not as they appear.

There is a series of podcasts I listen to called the worlds greatest con. The presenter says quite often that people aren’t scammed because they are stupid - they are scammed because they are human. And that’s true. 💕

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I bought the book, cause I was trying to help others. Even though I'm not rich/well off.
I'm a single parent who works 50hrs a week to make ends meet. Get no help of the kids dad and only entitled to child benefit for 2 of my children as 1 has just quit college.

I thought the book might give me ideas to save money 🤷🏼‍♀️, whilst helping others.

Just feel so stupid for falling for it and for buying postcards of JM when I first came across her!.

Learnt my lesson but still feel like an idiot!.
I think a lot of what RSM says is true which is why it’s so easy to “fall for her”. She’s clearly got experience of living on a small budget now, she knows details about the benefits system that make me think she is reliant on it, I believe all her ME symptom related posts even if I’m sceptical about the Costa incident and similar.

That and her anonymity has placed her on a very hard to judge line, she says all the right things and unless you happen to see one of the weird posts on your TL everything rings so true you’d never suspect a thing.

It’s so much easier to recognise the grifting once someone has gone off the deep end like JM has now, RSM is (IMO) much cleverer about how she’s doing everything. I don’t think anyone should feel bad for being taken in by her, you’ve just believed a woman who is largely telling the truth. It takes time for the fact she’s also running a well-hidden grift on the side to be revealed.

I think JM inadvertently did RSM a massive service by trying to claim the FSM pic as her own for this too. The exaggeration on that was what raised the red flag RSMwise for me, but by the time Jack had taken it and repeated her own even more exaggerated lies I think a lot of people just chalked up the exaggeration to Jack and then the way it took off from there.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I feel bad for you @Crisplover . Having not been burned by either Jack Monroe or Roadsidemum, I've mostly watched them agog and with a cynical eye, but that doesn't make me smart.

I think a lot of what RSM says is true which is why it’s so easy to “fall for her”. She’s clearly got experience of living on a small budget now, she knows details about the benefits system that make me think she is reliant on it, I believe all her ME symptom related posts even if I’m sceptical about the Costa incident and similar.

That and her anonymity has placed her on a very hard to judge line, she says all the right things and unless you happen to see one of the weird posts on your TL everything rings so true you’d never suspect a thing.

It’s so much easier to recognise the grifting once someone has gone off the deep end like JM has now, RSM is (IMO) much cleverer about how she’s doing everything. I don’t think anyone should feel bad for being taken in by her, you’ve just believed a woman who is largely telling the truth. It takes time for the fact she’s also running a well-hidden grift on the side to be revealed.

I think JM inadvertently did RSM a massive service by trying to claim the FSM pic as her own for this too. The exaggeration on that was what raised the red flag RSMwise for me, but by the time Jack had taken it and repeated her own even more exaggerated lies I think a lot of people just chalked up the exaggeration to Jack and then the way it took off from there.
Agreed!

• Heart
Just to add to the scamwatch thing (because RSM is either tweeting outrage about Manston or flogging her kids wisdom in a gag inducing attempt at engagement - instead of doing the zine)

it seems that a person who “only had muesli bar and multi vitamin for lunch - with a £20 food budget” and asking for “BuyMeACoffee” that Jack “liked” replies suggesting her recipes, has done a bunk off Twitter after seemingly banking approx £7k. Last year (?) Jack gave airtime to another disabled lesbian mum account that is perpetually begging for money. There is the very minor single disabled mum with twins that has a bottomless pit of money demands and I see them cross paths on the regular. The woman who raised money for spices and is a massive Jack stan begged for money to clear her credit card a few months ago. And let’s not forget Pumpkin Prat with her endless spenny and beg cycles.

They gravitate around each other, give airtime to each other. They all seem legit on the surface, they all pluck at the heartstrings - especially of people that have “been there” and if you do end up chipping in, it’s because you are lovely and they are manipulating that loveliness.

• Sick
Reactions: 13
I've searched for zine updates @roadsidemum using terms: book, work, writing, unbound, poverty.

Relevant screenies as to progress, in date order:

Screenshot_20221107_213943.jpg
Screenshot_20221107_213827.jpg
Screenshot_20221107_213755.jpg
Screenshot_20221107_212720.jpg

Screenshot_20221107_215950.jpg

Screenshot_20221107_212040.jpg
Screenshot_20221107_211725.jpg
Screenshot_20221107_211749.jpg
Screenshot_20221107_211807.jpg
Screenshot_20221107_211930.jpg
Screenshot_20221107_211944.jpg

Nothing after August.

Interesting to see Unbound's tweet on 17 May 2022 announcing deadline extension to 17 September 2022. That's 2.5 months before Louisa's "heartfelt thanks" 30 July update.

#OneinFive
#Roadsidemum
#Louisa Britain
#Unbound
@roadsidemum
@unbounders
One in Five book

"One in Five By Louisa Britain" An anthology of stories about the realities of living in poverty

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
Well, well, well - @Wooh - looks like someone doesn’t like forensic analysis of the Unbound #OneInFive zine scam! Wonder if there is a Jack/Bex style clean up operation on the go!
no, she's having a discussion with someone who knows someone who works in the refugee camp in Manston, and is trying to defend it.

1667830224726.png

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Hang on - she has 22k followers so how is that going to protect anyone?

good to know she is cracking on with the zine though, instead of utterly pointless Twitter play as usual.

Honestly - with ME, I thought you had limited energy/expenditure and had to use it wisely - well RSMs version is so why does she waste all hers instead of cracking on with actual paid work?

Indeed - she doesn’t care about throwing various businesses social media teams under the bus, why have care for someone pontificating about Manston?

Anyway - get off your soapbox and write the zine and educate the kid you keep off school to make you coffee.

Attachments

• Wow
Ok so the RSPCA are made of spare cash, no bother involving them in a prank tweet, on you go RSM.
Actually it didn’t sound that bad when it was doggies, you twonk.

Reactions: 7
Screenshot_20221107-195631_Twitter.jpg

What is she doing? As if the RSPCA have the time and resources to engage with and read multiple tweets from a bloviating harpy "making a point" by submitting a false report on Twitter.

I might go and tweet the NSPCC asking why they haven't investigated the illegal puppy farm in my area, then get crappy with them when they (politely) ask me what the duck I'm talking about.

• Angry
Reactions: 17
View attachment 1712227

What is she doing? As if the RSPCA have the time and resources to engage with and read multiple tweets from a bloviating harpy "making a point" by submitting a false report on Twitter.

I might go and tweet the NSPCC asking why they haven't investigated the illegal puppy farm in my area, then get crappy with them when they (politely) ask me what the duck I'm talking about.
I’m not convinced that comparing refugee children to dogs is something she’s fully thought through tbh.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.