Roadside Mum #4 Let me tell you in excessive detail

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Lost her home, you say?

Wanted a local government authority to install a tap for her family with a key for her use in the van

• Haha
Reactions: 7
It’s actually hilarious, the performance around the personal use only tap.

Whilst the toy drive is all very good, let’s not overlook the big Amazon push, and as this squig amply demonstrates, the true reason for doing it.

As if Jack would promote anything other than her probably paid for partnership with Trussell Trust or Teemill teeshirts with her signature on them. It’s all for the accolades and compliments, back patting and love…then when the grift needs deploying, you get to retweet all the “you do so much for everyone else, think of yourself for once!” And it also lends them credence as fundraisers instead of grifters. And, as has been demonstrated over and over (looking at you, Pumpkin Prat, amongst others), compiling a wish list on Amazon isn’t exactly rocket science or a 100 hour week, as much as they might like to pretend it is. And she isn’t putting her hand in her pocket once - quite the opposite, her kids are probably on the list of recipients.

Still, if you ask nicely, RSM, you can have a couple of black bin liners of poorly laundered boys clothes aged 9-11 for your charity, I am sure.

ETA — And amongst the fishing for compliments on her heroic work of tweeting from her bed, she found the time to squeeze in being a twit too! Aw, happy days.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
It’s actually hilarious, the performance around the personal use only tap.

Whilst the toy drive is all very good, let’s not overlook the big Amazon push, and as this squig amply demonstrates, the true reason for doing it.

As if Jack would promote anything other than her probably paid for partnership with Trussell Trust or Teemill teeshirts with her signature on them. It’s all for the accolades and compliments, back patting and love…then when the grift needs deploying, you get to retweet all the “you do so much for everyone else, think of yourself for once!” And it also lends them credence as fundraisers instead of grifters. And, as has been demonstrated over and over (looking at you, Pumpkin Prat, amongst others), compiling a wish list on Amazon isn’t exactly rocket science or a 100 hour week, as much as they might like to pretend it is. And she isn’t putting her hand in her pocket once - quite the opposite, her kids are probably on the list of recipients.

Still, if you ask nicely, RSM, you can have a couple of black bin liners of poorly laundered boys clothes aged 9-11 for your charity, I am sure.

ETA — And amongst the fishing for compliments on her heroic work of tweeting from her bed, she found the time to squeeze in being a twit too! Aw, happy days.
I wonder what the deleted tweet said about her religion?

I bet that thanks to JM was tweets through gritted teeth as I always get the impression those two didn’t really like each other deep down.

Your Amazon point is a good one, as aside from government policy keeping people in poverty another great cause is the fact that large companies like Amazon make Billions in profits whilst paying their workers less than a living wage which can sometimes force them into needing to use these charities. If 10 independent family owned businesses had been chosen to provide the gifts, that would have been potentially 10 families who wouldn’t need to use a food bank over Xmas. Although of course I am oversimplifying this whole thing and life really isn’t that simple!

JM has not tweeted out this endeavour. Pumpkin head has but JM tweets nothing out unless she has a finger in the pie.

I appreciate the simplicity of using Amazon for this - despite the eyebrows raised (the tax implications more than anything else) but it’s the idea that lounging in her bed compiling wish lists and then tweeting about it is work that is utterly ridiculous. She acts like she is hard at it in Santas grotto herself.

Anyway - I can’t be bothered to copy it over but she can’t do anything with wild drama following her around like my dogs worst farts. She has almost been killed today - run off the road in most dramatic and high speed circumstances….or, cut up by a twit in a BMW for anyone else (normal) on the planet.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I think with things like this, people are a bit damned if they do and damned if they don't on the Amazon point.

It's the easiest way and it's relatively safe - no money being transferred to a third party to be "passed on", the payment is secure with none of the hassle of bank transfers from a retailer people know and trust, people know exactly where their money went, it is so much easier when the address is already filled in because if you leave that to others there will be errors/parcels going missing and it allows you to make sure you don't end up with 75 pink squishmallows and nothing else fairly easily.

I get the big corp and no tax issue but I really can't think of any other way to do something like this without introducing more errors/doubt - especially when you're "anonymous" like RSM.

Reactions: 12
You get a quid per point at Tesco except for when there’s a special offer to get extra points

It might be that the points are worth triple when used to buy a railcard (many of the “partner offers” like hotels, meals, cinema will triple the points so for 250 points you might get one cinema entry for free)

Assuming the railcard offers triple points, you would need 300 points x 3 to get £9 off- you‘ll need to have spent up to £300 at Tesco

I haven’t checked the website - sometimes you can only exchange points in “blocks” sometimes there’s a special offer there’s a few variables TL DR she’s talking shite

Indeed - it’s 3x value of normal points in partner spends so a tenners worth of points = £30 in partner value. There used to be a big thing on MSE quite a while back, on maxxing points when it was 4x and you could get a Tussauds year family pass on the deal. I think that’s not such a big thing anymore since it dropped to 3x and then Tesco hacked back on all the bonus points offered like 50 extra points on yoghurt or 100 points on custard etc.

To get a tenners worth of points is a thousand pounds of Tesco spending . Yes - one thousand British pounds. Not a tenner voucher.

twit.

Not to worry, Roadsidemum is off on anor rant or three now. No need, or time, for facts or pause for thought!

• Haha
Honestly, too boring to screenie threads in full. She's not going off at Utilitia *today*, some of her points are real, just thread after thread shouting about not being given a voice. Oh, and the zany Little One, of course!

⬇ My child is a genius, you know
Screenshot_20221103_205245.jpg

!!!This one ⬇ is hilariously lacking in insight!!!
Screenshot_20221103_205424.jpg

Trolling is a hobby for spiteful people ⬇
Screenshot_20221103_205524.jpg

It's okay to use the adjective disabled, it's like using nail varnish, or something ⬇
Screenshot_20221103_205636.jpg

• Wow
  • Sad
God - she must be one of the most tiresome people on Twitter. I saw that she had been harassing Utilita again. It’s almost like she would rather do anything other than the zine. And I bet the poor kids attendance record is the worst in the class too. No doubt it will be the crappy mouldy house causing both immediate illness and long term trauma that’s the root of it - send cashos for top up gas next.

Reactions: 13
Roadsidemum promised a book by summer. Louisa Britain has not produced a book even by Australian summer.

What a disgraceful way to treat contributors

Reactions: 14
I can’t even remember the last time the zine was mentioned? It’s definitely been over a year now since she raised all the funding

Reactions: 5
I didn’t think it was that long. But hell yes it really is
It really is! I paid for a copy. And heard nothing for months. I'll check my emails to see when I purchased it.

It really is! I paid for a copy. And heard nothing for months. I'll check my emails to see when I purchased it.
Paid for 31/10/21. Last update was 1/08/22.
Here is said update under the header "Heart felt thanks & confession"

Attachments

• Wow
  • Sick
  • Heart

Paid for 31/10/21. Last update was 1/08/22.
Here is said update under the header "Heart felt thanks & confession"
Odd. Why is she asking for more submissions on an email which is going to backers? So she is assuming that the people who have bought the book are in poverty? If she really wants more submissions then she should be asking publicly on twitter again surely?

I thought the submission stage was or back in April. I’m guessing she didn’t get enough people wanting to put a days work in for the chance of getting £250?

Looks like the book will not be ready for quite some time

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.