Roadside Mum #4 Let me tell you in excessive detail

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can't believe a vet would refuse treatment unless the animal is suffering and/or rapidly declining. Plenty of us have pets and understand part of being a responsible owner is knowing when to make that call. I saw on another thread someone said if your pet is ill/declining, you can't make the decision too soon but you can make it too late. She is ghastly to be fishing for money during a cost of living crisis AND with Christmas/holidays so close.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 18
I can't believe a vet would refuse treatment unless the animal is suffering and/or rapidly declining. Plenty of us have pets and understand part of being a responsible owner is knowing when to make that call. I saw on another thread someone said if your pet is ill/declining, you can't make the decision too soon but you can make it too late. She is ghastly to be fishing for money during a cost of living crisis AND with Christmas/holidays so close.
I’m pretty sure they wouldn’t refuse treatment. They’ve probably said that the treatment would only prolong suffering and might not even arrive in time. Some vets though (more monetarily oriented ones) might recommend treatment in fact when not indicated or useful.
An honest vet will say sorry, but it’s time

Reactions: 12
I always find it interesting how people react based on your reactions. I generally find when I am in a good mood and treat people with a smile and calmness I get the same back, equally the opposite tends to be true. Be polite and pleasant to staff and I normally get the same in return.

With the amount of bad service she receives, I don't need to wonder how she treats people!!!
I may have posted this before. Slight off topic merail. Take note Louisa.

One evening I was tired after work and wanted to grab a McDonald’s. It was busy and the queues were a mess, I’m short and people kept jumping in front. I got annoyed and did the ”excuse me, I was actually next, AKSHALLY“ to a woman, she told me to piss off for being rude, I told her to pass off back. Then she said “I’m sorry, you can go, I’m just in a bad mood today, go ahead“ and I said sorry, other people keep pushing past and I’m really hangry, and we both laughed. Anyone can have a bad day, it takes a lot to do what that lady did in backing down, she’s my hero!

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Has she considered that a charity possibly isn’t the huge endless money pit for frail, of a certain age hamsters she thinks it is? I wonder, if she was paying for the care “privately”, which option she would chose, or would she sit N down and have a wee conversation about lifecycles and expectations?

Reactions: 17
How can it be that the PDSA won’t order the meds, yet it may not need to go private, yet?
She’s a grifting arse but if the hamster needed the meds now, why wouldn’t she accept the cash offer right away?
could it be…not that big of a deal?

Reactions: 10
How can it be that the PDSA won’t order the meds, yet it may not need to go private, yet?
She’s a grifting arse but if the hamster needed the meds now, why wouldn’t she accept the cash offer right away?
could it be…not that big of a deal?
Because she thinks she can blackmail them into ordering the meds. And she gets more attention this way. And potentially a few extras on top from the PDSA. Sickening really.

• Sick
Reactions: 9
It's a hamster. It's already two years old, which is the average life expectancy of a hamster. Time to sit the kid down and say that Tiger has had a happy life but that it's time to let it go.

Reactions: 12
It's a hamster. It's already two years old, which is the average life expectancy of a hamster. Time to sit the kid down and say that Tiger has had a happy life but that it's time to let it go.
But his CONTRIBUTION to the family is INESTIMABLE! How could you deny him the RETIREMENT he deserves!

Wait a minute… retirement from what?! What was RSH’s 9-5 again? :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 15
But his CONTRIBUTION to the family is INESTIMABLE! How could you deny him the RETIREMENT he deserves!

Wait a minute… retirement from what?! What was RSH’s 9-5 again? :ROFLMAO:
She probably had the hamster helping with the kids homework and making her dinner, while she reclined on chaise longue eating McMuffins knowing that lazy arse. It’s probably doing edits for the zine as we speak, silently begging for someone to put it out its misery.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I bet she’s well happy that RSH (roadside hamster) gave her an excuse to put the twitter thumbscrews on yet another organisation :LOL:
"Have you seen how many journalists follow" her? 😄

Time for Trading Standards (again)

Screenshot_20221026_222615.jpg
Screenshot_20221026_222648.jpg

She's a live wire, old Roadsidemum.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
"Have you seen how many journalists follow" her? 😄

Time for Trading Standards (again)

View attachment 1679610View attachment 1679611

She's a live wire, old Roadsidemum.
I can hand on heart honestly say I have never seen anything online or in print that pertains to any thread RM has published on Twitter, despite her being followed by numerous journalists, apart from the school dinner thing. As much as I find her riveting, they aren’t going to be the least bit interested in an anonymous random griping about not being able reach the chicken kormas in the freezers in Iceland.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Something that crossed my mind. The house she is looking at is in a different LA. If she moves there then it would also be a point where it would be possible for her to also take LO out of school without needing authorisation.

The law's been changed to take account of attempts like that. The way it works;

Parent: We're leaving.
School: OK. What's the new school?
Parent: haven't got one yet.
School: OK, well, she'll stay on our register until the new school confirms she's started with them. You'll still get messages asking for you to confirm why she isn't attending until then.
Parent: That's ridiculous, we're nowhere near you now.
School: OK, well what's your new address? We'll still have to keep her on the register.
Parent:

Subroutine A

Parent: I'm Home Educating.
School: OK, what's your new address?
Parent:

School: Dear Local Authority, here is the legally required Pupil Migration Report with all details completed, submitted within the legally required five days of removing a child from the register. Child has been removed to Home Educate, but parent also advised they were moving, but would not provide a new address.

Subroutine B

School: Could you contact us to let us know why your child isn't in school?
Parent: We've moved
School: OK. What's your new address?
Parent:
School: Could you contact us to let you know why your child isn't in school?
Parent: This number has not been recognised
School: Dear Local Authority, please find attached a completed form for a Child Missing from Education, together with photo, full details and a risk assessment completed by the Designated Safeguarding Officer. Please advise us whether we are able to remove her from the register when your enquiries are completed.

LA: We've been advised that your child isn't attending school
LA: What's your new address?
Parent:
LA: Goes through full investigation including details notified to siblings' schools, Council Tax, Universal Credit, Child Benefit, Housing Benefit, DLA, Vehicle Registration Address.

LA: Oh, hello, there must have been a slight glitch. Glad to have found you. We've been notified that your child isn't attending her school as you've moved. We can help you find a new school.
Parent: There aren't any spaces.
LA: That's strange. There are 7 spaces at x school, not sure why they'd tell you any different as it's against the Law. We can help with that.
Parent:
LA: Dear Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub, please find attached details of a child we have concerns about.

Subs of the subroutine

LA: Found them. They're in LA#2. Please find attached details of a child who has been Missing from Education.
LA: Still not found them. Ah, they've popped up now the parent thinks the dust has settled. Dear LA, please find attached details of a child who has been Missing from Education for x weeks/months/years. We have notified our MASH.
MASH#2: Ah, thank you. Let's have a look at this one.

There isn't any way to drop off the radar without triggering safeguarding concerns and being traceable nowadays. Tough tit, RM, you ain't gonna disappear, not when you want a home and benefits and a car and your other children.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Still loving the CME/Admissions input from you @TheDragonWithAFlagon this is my bread and butter and we will in my LA send people round to knock on your door and ask neighbours if they have seen you as well as all the benefits checks. You cannot go off radar any more because its too much of a risk. And when you have parents like RSM who would absolutely not care for her kids emotional and educational welfare its just as well

• Heart
The law's been changed to take account of attempts like that. The way it works;

Parent: We're leaving.
School: OK. What's the new school?
Parent: haven't got one yet.
School: OK, well, she'll stay on our register until the new school confirms she's started with them. You'll still get messages asking for you to confirm why she isn't attending until then.
Parent: That's ridiculous, we're nowhere near you now.
School: OK, well what's your new address? We'll still have to keep her on the register.
Parent:

Subroutine A

Parent: I'm Home Educating.
School: OK, what's your new address?
Parent:

School: Dear Local Authority, here is the legally required Pupil Migration Report with all details completed, submitted within the legally required five days of removing a child from the register. Child has been removed to Home Educate, but parent also advised they were moving, but would not provide a new address.

Subroutine B

School: Could you contact us to let us know why your child isn't in school?
School: OK. What's your new address?
Parent:
School: Could you contact us to let you know why your child isn't in school?
Parent: This number has not been recognised
School: Dear Local Authority, please find attached a completed form for a Child Missing from Education, together with photo, full details and a risk assessment completed by the Designated Safeguarding Officer. Please advise us whether we are able to remove her from the register when your enquiries are completed.

LA: We've been advised that your child isn't attending school
LA: What's your new address?
Parent:
LA: Goes through full investigation including details notified to siblings' schools, Council Tax, Universal Credit, Child Benefit, Housing Benefit, DLA, Vehicle Registration Address.

LA: Oh, hello, there must have been a slight glitch. Glad to have found you. We've been notified that your child isn't attending her school as you've moved. We can help you find a new school.
Parent: There aren't any spaces.
LA: That's strange. There are 7 spaces at x school, not sure why they'd tell you any different as it's against the Law. We can help with that.
Parent:
LA: Dear Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub, please find attached details of a child we have concerns about.

Subs of the subroutine

LA: Found them. They're in LA#2. Please find attached details of a child who has been Missing from Education.
LA: Still not found them. Ah, they've popped up now the parent thinks the dust has settled. Dear LA, please find attached details of a child who has been Missing from Education for x weeks/months/years. We have notified our MASH.
MASH#2: Ah, thank you. Let's have a look at this one.

There isn't any way to drop off the radar without triggering safeguarding concerns and being traceable nowadays. Tough tit, RM, you ain't gonna disappear, not when you want a home and benefits and a car and your other children.
Ah sorry. I looked up the Scottish guidelines which I thought would be similar.
EEB38F2E-3C02-4857-8E11-ACFE6A03AD8E.png

Reactions: 3
Ah sorry. I looked up the Scottish guidelines which I thought would be similar. View attachment 1680328

No, that's fine to post - you don't need permission to Home Educate (unless your child is already the subject of an Attendance Order). But the schools/LA still have to know where the child is. One is Education law - the right to Home Educate if the parent feels (and is able to) fulfil a child's Right to Education. The other is Safeguarding law - the right of the child to safety, to not be the subject of abuse or neglect, to have their needs, physical educational and emotional, met. And, as it says, the authorities can still intervene if that Home Education is being used as a shorthand for dropping off the radar, being forced to be a carer, etc, etc.

ETA: I've dealt with Scottish and Welsh schools this term. They follow the same procedures because people would try and nip over the borders (with sometimes tragic results). And we have to get the same confirmations from international schools as well - I've spoken with schools in Dubai, Sierra Leone, Egypt, Singapore and Canada in the last eight weeks, all of whom were perfectly happy to confirm that the kids had indeed started with them, this is the home address and contact details they have on their records and whilst we're at it, would I be so kind as to provide the student's Universal Candidate Number so they can enter them for iGCSEs/other qualifications at a later date - and their current reports/CAT4 scores. I've even had a Ukrainian school email (or at least a member of staff with access to the internet) with a 'we've been told that x has joined you. Here's their Atestat data as the certificate was at home when they left and their house doesn't exist anymore'. :(

Last edited:
  • Heart
A bit of completion going on over who has the sickest pet. Minor grifter or RSM

View attachment 1680148
Ahahaha at Louisa being the voice of reason.
He'll be fine. Don't panic.
She's the only one allowed to totally overreact to anything. Like a manager in a coffee shop moving chairs to make room for her wheelchair. The utter bastard.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I cannot like this ⬆ enough! I couldn't decide whether to like, love or laugh: all things Louisa Britain, Roadsidemoaningmum could well do to enjoy

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.