Roadside Mum

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's a concentrated effort, these Twitter scams. A longer game than I could play.

First, you have to establish yourself as kind and calm (so much emphasis on kind!)

Then, pick a real issue, research it or know it, keep up to date with it. Become a kind, calm but passionate explainer.

You have to be prepared to write threads. One tweet is not enough! Always the threads.

Increase your "advocacy" (which definitely is always a real issue), and now centre yourself in the middle, as the fiesty, "can you believe my luck?", "giving my best" sort.

Continue to build credibility, even when things get worse. You're a brave fighter!

Have a crisis based around the first-named (and real) issue.

Assure people you don't want pity, but could certainly use some assistance in what is definitely a one off, so grateful for supporters' kindness situation.

Go back to now fierce advocacy.

If only you had a little treat! Some Pringles, or a McDonalds breakfast, just enough to give your day some spark in between new shoes for the kids and lobbying

Rinse. Repeat. A dance back and forth, with plenty of music changes to keep the feet of your avid followers a-tapping.

A long, long game
You are GOOD! This is exactly how she behaves and training up her apprentice nicely too.

The pretence about it being for the greater good is the secret.

Oh and suck James O’Brien in too. The fool.

Reactions: 14
It's Mx Monroe, too. She doesn't rile me, I just roll my eyes.

It's helpful to have a mentor in any industry I guess.

Three is probably a good number in a group, to build mutual followers. Roadside Mum and the other two are a Venn Diagram. I might draft one for this group's review!

I made a word tree to start with. Please suggest words!

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
It's Mx Monroe, too. She doesn't rile me, I just roll my eyes.

It's helpful to have a mentor in any industry I guess.

Three is probably a good number in a group, to build mutual followers. Roadside Mum and the other two are a Venn Diagram. I might draft one for this group's review!

I made a word tree to start with. Please suggest words!
I had to stop reading Jack’s tweets ages ago as I couldn’t deal with her scams and lies. I flounced from mumsnet over it.

Is Bi in there? I couldn’t see. Tattoos, go fund me, aggressive strangers, doxxing, are my contributions.

And of course DELETE

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I had to stop reading Jack’s tweets ages ago as I couldn’t deal with her scams and lies. I flounced from mumsnet over it.

Is Bi in there? I couldn’t see. Tattoos, go fund me, aggressive strangers, doxxing, are my contributions.
Thank you! Just also thought of SHINS

• Haha
Evening, fellow RSM fans.

I have been very busy today, what, with being consumed by jealousy and hatred as all good mithering ninnies should be....fuming in my friendless existence. Sick with disgust at myself that I managed to provide for my family without getting my tits out or begging online......Or possibly, I might have been working, and cooking, catching up with a neighbour so I can offload a bucket of plums, and FaceTiming my eldest for an hour...oh, and organising my self for the long drive back to the UK from my Scandinavian haunt...first time in literal months! Roll on the weekend. First time I will be trying out the various border controls with my crappy, non-EU passport. Sigh.

Anyways - the gifting puddle has pulled a blinder today for our favourite ex-van dweller, and aspirational boat/horse box owner. A cabin bed. Less than a year old! For free! Worth over £300 smackers! Some people have all the luck!

Hope you are all well, this evening!

• Wow
Reactions: 20
Evening, fellow RSM fans.

I have been very busy today, what, with being consumed by jealousy and hatred as all good mithering ninnies should be....fuming in my friendless existence. Sick with disgust at myself that I managed to provide for my family without getting my tits out or begging online......Or possibly, I might have been working, and cooking, catching up with a neighbour so I can offload a bucket of plums, and FaceTiming my eldest for an hour...oh, and organising my self for the long drive back to the UK from my Scandinavian haunt...first time in literal months! Roll on the weekend. First time I will be trying out the various border controls with my crappy, non-EU passport. Sigh.

Anyways - the gifting puddle has pulled a blinder today for our favourite ex-van dweller, and aspirational boat/horse box owner. A cabin bed. Less than a year old! For free! Worth over £300 smackers! Some people have all the luck!

Hope you are all well, this evening!
Nice one, I am still having to get my bloody tits out but hoping to put them away for Christmas.

providing for your family?! What fresh hell is this?

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Nice one, I am still having to get my bloody tits out but hoping to put them away for Christmas.

Well, in my haste to be sarcastic, I may have been a bit harsh on the tit outing. Don’t want to be a sex negative misogynist now, do I!

• Haha
Reactions: 11

God, I hope the kids don't leave your tits in a cupboard below the stairs, or we'll be incandescent with yellow stickers!

There are some screenies today, the ones in which the council refused to provide a tap to Roadside Mum pre lockdown March '20. The tap both existed and didn't. It's a source of interest to me, this tap: Roadside Mum is all about the collective until she's not. Oh well, the kids are GODS. Seriously, though, did the tap exist or did it not? Somebody tell me, or I'll DELETE MY ACCOUNT

Gotta go, gotta get me some nice things!

Attachments

• Wow
  • Haha
I know the focus is on THE TAP (another Adrian Mole reference...(c’mon Council, don’t be a berk!) ... but this also suggests Roadside Dad was resident for the plague? It’s his vulnerability that is flagged here as an excuse to be in a house. Yet, he apparently does not live with them now? Another mystery. Also - the NEED to grow a lettuce for independence ... it’s so Jack, isnt it. “Agency” and “Ownership” type thing.

I have to laugh at her “I only wanted permission to squat on public land” from an organisation that cannot and never will give it for legal reasons, so that’s why we are all being fleeced by her via our taxes. How dare they not let her do exactly what she wants, where she wants and when she wants! How very dare they!

I know there isn’t enough interest or care to pick apart the exaggerations, from outright lies and see the truth, (I certainly can’t be bothered) but with each little mining expedition by Wooh, more cracks appear.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
In fairness, LTP RD was a push factor in the move to house for shielding, then they separated separated, and it's reasonable for that to be in tandem or one to follow the other

Though as a cheeky Tattler, it would be remiss not to point out Proverbs 25:24:

Better to live on a corner of the roof
than share a house with a quarrelsome wife

(Love the Adrian Mole reference. Searches of Adrian and, separately, Mole alas bring up nothing of interest. Will try Pandora)

Last edited:
In fairness, LTP RD was a push factor in the move to house for shielding, then they separated separated, and it's reasonable for that to be in tandem or one to follow the other

Though as a cheeky Tattler, it would be remiss not to point out Proverbs 25:24:

Better to live on a corner of the roof
than share a house with a quarrelsome wife

(Love the Adrian Mole reference)
Not sure what LTP stands for. And I don’t know the timeline of RSMs relationship. So, apologies if I have messed up there...30k+ tweets is a lot to wade through!

Much like Jack, she does give off the air of struggling single parent when it suits - but, unlike Jack, she does credit RD with being a supportive parent too...so, kudos to the dad! And to RSM for giving him his due credit.

Love the use of the bible...we know that RSM is a big fan so I am sure she will appreciate that one too, when she catches up here!

What’s with the massive overload of oats, by the way...is it really that cold in the UK now? Seems like a lot of oaty breakfasts being consumed by our regular gang at the moment!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Oh god. I love Sue Townsend so much. Was devastated when she died. Please don’t let RSM ruin Adrian Mole for me!!! 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 15
God, I hope the kids don't leave your tits in a cupboard below the stairs, or we'll be incandescent with yellow stickers!

There are some screenies today, the ones in which the council refused to provide a tap to Roadside Mum pre lockdown March '20. The tap both existed and didn't. It's a source of interest to me, this tap: Roadside Mum is all about the collective until she's not. Oh well, the kids are GODS. Seriously, though, did the tap exist or did it not? Somebody tell me, or I'll DELETE MY ACCOUNT

Gotta go, gotta get me some nice things!
I’m challenging my own opinions on this as I really hope I’m not bigoted wrt this, but is the reason she’s in a “more expensive” council house for tens of thousands p/a rather than the specific think she wanted is because that’s just the system that operates in this country? Surely it’s economies of scale, you’ve got departments / infrastructure / staff who are dedicated to just that task of allocating families to & maintaining council stock (idk enough about how this varies from HA etc but you know what I mean). It may not be the most cost effective solution *for her case specifically* but it’s the only way to run a system that works for the majority of people who just want decent homes?

Also I worry this is a Tory opinion but if you want a niche living experience then surely it’s down to you to pay for that? If everyone went to the council with their ideas you’d need the bloke off grand designs down sorting them all out with taps and fields and tents etc?

Reactions: 25
I keep giggling at ..."c’mon Council, don’t be a berk!", @FlashBoof!

@heretoreaditall2019 , this has tested me, too. Really given me food for thought. The conclusion I came to uses taps as a guide. Roadside Mum says that 4/5ths of the GRT community is settled, and a UK Govt website estimates that there are between 100,000 to 300,000 Gypsy/Traveller people and up to 200,000 Roma people living in the UK

It is a lot of water taps in a system which doesn't easily know how to provide taps outside, and would be hard to manage the safety and cleanliness of each. Very tricky and hard for all

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 10
All quiet on Roadside Mum home front

Lots of retweets
No streams of invective generally
No streams of invective directed at anyone who disagrees with her replies
No playground beatings

Good

I'm off to listen to The Ragged-Trousered Philanthropists, then read all the sex parts of The Handmaid's Tale

• Haha

@heretoreaditall2019 , this has tested me, too. Really given me food for thought. The conclusion I came to uses taps as a guide. Roadside Mum says that 4/5ths of the GRT community is settled, and a UK Govt website estimates that there are between 100,000 to 300,000 Gypsy/Traveller people and up to 200,000 Roma people living in the UK

It is a lot of water taps in a system which doesn't easily know how to provide taps outside, and would be hard to manage the safety and cleanliness of each. Very tricky and hard for all
"modern travellers". Like you 'roadside' mum, ay? 🙄

• Heart
  • Haha

I really don’t understand it. Is it common to have a lone traveller with no ties to such sites or the possibility to arrange access to a tap during a pandemic? Like it doesn’t make sense to me that she wouldn’t have been able to park (?) at a family or friend’s site at the start of all this. Ngl give me a couple of days and I reckon I’d get access to a tap?

Also confused as to what sort of van she has/had? Surely it’d be a chalet with two kids? I’m obvs not a traveller with this detailed understanding but thinking of the two sites I know of locally they’re all static chalets rather than drivable caravans…?

Reactions: 11
Hate to sound all serious, I'd like to place this here for external viewers' understanding and RSM accountability. Pick a lane RSM, and make it a more pleasant, less "pants on fire" lane!

On 17 July '21 Roadside Mum said

"Mr crappy had, he told me, previously donated to me. Well, since the only time I have ever asked for money was to pay for my wheelchair (because NHS cuts mean I have to myself) I had something to say about that an' all"

Not going to argue with RSM about semantics such as the definition of words donate/ask/gift/kindness of strangers. Not going to try to cross reference her anomalies about PIP/pay wheelchair costs forward when PIP is received/the potential misspeak about NHS cuts. I don't give a sh#t about breakfasts, just the grifting of it all!

Just going to leave these screenies, the ones in which you mustn't worry and only send a gift to the cashapp if that'd please YOU

Attachments

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 17
I really don’t understand it. Is it common to have a lone traveller with no ties to such sites or the possibility to arrange access to a tap during a pandemic? Like it doesn’t make sense to me that she wouldn’t have been able to park (?) at a family or friend’s site at the start of all this. Ngl give me a couple of days and I reckon I’d get access to a tap?

Also confused as to what sort of van she has/had? Surely it’d be a chalet with two kids? I’m obvs not a traveller with this detailed understanding but thinking of the two sites I know of locally they’re all static chalets rather than drivable caravans…?
I would imagine she doesn't have any connections to anyone settled on a site, on account of her being traveller "small t". But it wasn't just access to a tap she wanted, that wasn't good enough. She wanted a private tap that she could keep locked, so only she could use it! Just laughable that she would ask the council to install that for her! Councils deny permission frequently for Gypsies to set up any sort of home on land that they OWN, no way they're going to install a private water supply for a random 'traveller' on land she doesn't own 😂

• Heart
  • Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.