Roadside Mum #3 How dare you call me a Tory?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Crossing the streams...

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Sorry @HotesTilaire I could have sworn people with the mobility element were entitled to a free bus pass. I didn't mean to invalidate your disability.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Sorry @HotesTilaire I could have sworn people with the mobility element were entitled to a free bus pass. I didn't mean to invalidate your disability.
It’s ok, it varies by each local authority. It pisses me off as I try to take lots of buses to allow more energy for walking at the shop. I will take a bus two stops and then another bus two stops rather than walk part of the way. I can’t even get a jobseeker discount as I’m not looking for work 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Screenshot_20220123-102403_Twitter.jpg

Screenshot_20220123-102510_Twitter.jpg

So the zine is supposed to be out this summer but she's still looking for people to write it?

This is giving me big "Jack doing research on Wikipedia and asking for contributions two weeks before her book deadline" vibes.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Crossing the streams again. Too funny

• Haha
Reactions: 7
The full conversation about Jack's invisible book v the zine. It's all clear now 🧐

I love that the zine articles need to be USED for payment to be made. Not a great hourly rate
I thought that was a bit off too, calling for submissions (with a very loose brief!) But only those that get used are paid. Surely there's a better process for finding writers which doesn't involve people wasting a lot of time only not to be paid? I remain shocked that sourcing content is only starting *now*. Why could the process not of started while the funding was being built up.

Also, what else do the contributors get? The book appears to be released under her name, but now she's describing it as an anthology. Will the other contributors have the option to be named and credited fully (should they wish to be). Do they get any stake in future profits or is it a one off £250?

Reactions: 8
What the duck could possibly be so unspeakable, so shocking, that she wouldn't even reveal it under torture? Given the weird, almost lascivious detail in which she's spoken about playground violence previously, have the Krays been indulging in a spot of fingernail-pulling too?

Screenshot_20220123-145420_Twitter.jpg

• Angry
  • Wow
Couldn’t she ask people to submit proposals rather than writing the whole damn thing?

Reactions: 10
I know other people are finding this whole thing amusing but I just think the two of them are so depressing. I originally came here as a defensive fan of Jack's and I was willing to give RSM the benefit of the doubt, but mow I feel duped and sad. The two of them are narcs who take advantage of vulnerable people and it's making me extra pissed off today.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
it was minus 3 last night!
Picky Tory, how DARE you 🤣

I cannot believe* she's claiming poverty and talking about not having enough food or fresh food that isn't mouldy when her ex (who lives on her drive, someone said here?) has been delivering food parcels DAILY for a while.

*I absolutely can believe it.
That will be the scam you uncovered.

Suddenly an explanation for RD bringing food over. She's reading here then isn't she, after our speculation the other day.
Hmm I think there is a benefits situation here too.

Reactions: 7
well, I'm sure this will turn out to be a well-balanced fair assessment of our underfunded mental health services

Screenshot_20220123-162832_Twitter.jpg

I can't really be bothered to ss it all, but so far, there's offensive stereotypical descriptions of patients, big bad doctors who won't explain things properly and men wandering the corridors at night

she's taking a break and going to come back to it later. can hardly wait

I mean, it's just gonna be "nhs staff don't deserve period protection because of what the bastards did to me!" isn't it?

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Does she ever have a non dramatic day? Just put some washing on, do a bit of cleaning. Seems there is a disaster around every corner or if not in real time, very creative memories full of drama.
I can’t imagine. 🙄

It might be like the fox hunters who were choosing to let her live or die?

Yes, is this aimed at Jack?? She's appeared in the replies too for the first time with her own book mention
Can’t possibly be Jack. Patreon owner, successful cookbook author, writer for hire with a current piece in The Guardian Jack has just tweeted that she’s still so mired in poverty she only has £34 in her bank.

(That was sarcasm just in case you hadn’t noticed 😆)

• Haha
Some nice touches there. ‘Victorian asylum’ really sets the scene. There were probably no lockers in her room so anyone who wanted to harm themselves or take drugs couldn’t hide stuff away. Ditto the toilets that opened from the outside and no locks on the ward doors.

Some nice touches there. ‘Victorian asylum’ really sets the scene. There were probably no lockers in her room so anyone who wanted to harm themselves or take drugs couldn’t hide stuff away. Ditto the toilets that opened from the outside and no locks on the ward doors.
All fairly standard mental health facility stuff.

Reactions: 17
So no doors were lockable. But the art room was locked. The way she describes the other patients with poor mental health is a good example of what a nasty story teller she is.

A bit like her kids are cute and feisty when attacking the others but not the other way round. Then the threats come. She has no capacity to be unselfish and compassionate towards others.

• Sad
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.