Roadside Mum #3 How dare you call me a Tory?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Everyone, I'm not sure what to say, but I don't want to say nothing. There's a lot of everything to be angry about, and three cheers to us all for picking battles and quietly getting on with the fight. Quietly, not abusing a passing tweeter. Acknowledgement to you all x

@HotesTilaire , would something like this be of interest for days when you have energy for some food prep? A big bowl keeps for a week refrigerated. The recipe says x y z, but it's really about ratios, eg it sounds expensive to use freekah, but rice or quinoa can be used. And the seeds and nuts, well, I buy them one packet at a time when I shop so I spread the cost in order to have them on hand

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Oh, right. Yes. Small problem. I'm a twit. Thank you for not telling me to delete my account!

Okay, a red lentil dhal for you! Hope you like dhal! I was thinking of bulky food, plant based protein, easy to prepare on good days to avoid the old oh so tempting toasted cheese sandwich (jaffle) 😁

From what she's said in the odd tweet, I think the eldest is 21 and the krays are upper primary school age. Also the 11 year old (must be RN) is a registered young carer

I can't imagine how someone who insists on anonymity for themselves and their kids also breadcrumbs so much information about them while trying to become twitter famous and attempting to get involved in national campaigns

I have only seen the deceased child mentioned on here, does anyone know the story?

Here's a comment with screenies

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Agree with this person. A lovely contrast RM
Jesus Christ.
How is she so horrible? Why is she so horrible?
I'm still adamant that this is not a real person and some sort of poverty cos play sick game.
I know there's evidence she isn't Jack or Vonny but the more she posts things like this the more I'm convinced she's someone in the public eye in a disguise.

Reactions: 11
@HotesTilaire You didn't actually ask me but happy to wax lyrical about fasting if that's something you'd be medically capable of and willing to try?

I totally agree with @TheDragonWithAFlagon re it being mostly about intake; that doesn't make it any easier obviously, but it does mean you have some control over it, unlike your ability to exercise at any given time where you're at the mercy of ME.

I've got some experience of this as I had a long surgical recovery that had me wanting to eat my weight in mini eggs every day whilst simultaneously not gaining any weight despite serious movement restrictions. Totally unfair tbh.

Reactions: 6
@HotesTilaire You didn't actually ask me but happy to wax lyrical about fasting if that's something you'd be medically capable of and willing to try?

I totally agree with @TheDragonWithAFlagon re it being mostly about intake; that doesn't make it any easier obviously, but it does mean you have some control over it, unlike your ability to exercise at any given time where you're at the mercy of ME.

I've got some experience of this as I had a long surgical recovery that had me wanting to eat my weight in mini eggs every day whilst simultaneously not gaining any weight despite serious movement restrictions. Totally unfair tbh.
Nope fasting and vertigo do not mix. I’d be surprised if anyone with ME got on with fasting tbh.

Reactions: 4
Well, the final post Covid bonus was a diagnosis of Celiac to go with my pre existing autoimmune and connective tissue stuff and dairy issues (also very common with celiac as the part of the digestion that deals with lactose gets destroyed), so I cut out wheat/oats/barley. I think the reason gluten free has been painted as a weight loss thing is due to how that instantly eliminates so many very calorifically dense foods and redirects you towards others; I'm definitely a minimum time in the kitchen person anyway, as I've gone wobbly or actually ended up in a heap far too many times for comfort. And waking up feeling like I'd been hit by a bus, scraped up and put into a cement mixer with twenty concrete lego bricks the size of breezeblocks instead of sleeping was my life from my late teens.

The majority of stuff I eat is very easy - it costs, convenience always does, but it's worth it for me.

Ready to drink protein shakes for breakfast and as a handy emergency 'tit, I'm about to pass out again' thing. High protein snack bars were also useful when I felt like I was about to crash before dinner.

Lunches - precooked fish/seafood, rice & hardboiled eggs done in the rice cooker so they take about 50 seconds to get going and about 120 more after I've sat down for ages to put into a lunchbox, add salad, add sesame seeds.

Dinners - anything from soup and some GF bread to chicken breast/pork steak/etc in a pan with optional spices or herbs, onto a plate with rice/potatoes and vegetables from Birdseye or with microwave instructions. Nowt wrong with a jacket potato and beans/chilli. Egg and GF oven chips. Rice noodle soups (stock, tamari, sake, mirin, rice noodles, frozen peas/edamame/beans, prawns/chicken/leftover pork, mushrooms, spring onion, coriander, miso, seaweed).

Weekend stuff - decent brunch (which is bacon, avocado, egg for me), then something like marinated chicken in the slow cooker, curry (no dairy/cream/bhajis/naan, but definitely GF poppadoms and rice), sausages in a tomato/onion/courgette/pepper/harissa casserole, slow cooker roasts with veg cooked in a tower steamer, GF burger (no bun, I'd rather eat more chips or a second burger), mushrooms, salad, pickles, GF chips/wedges, steak/pork/chicken/turkey in a pan with rice/spuds/veg/salad.

Basically, because it's too much like hard work to go in search of GF alternatives, it's minimal effort fresh stuff, things that don't need fannying about with for ages and a few just open the packet and put on the plate things. With the odd holy grail item like GF scampi or a pie once in a blue moon. I'm eating far more regularly, I'm not getting as dizzy and overeating in an attempt to give myself an energy boost, better nutrition, and most of all, nobody is spending time and energy in the kitchen if it can be avoided.

My exercise started with 'sitting back in the office chair, see if you can feel your stomach and arse muscles' (I couldn't) and 'see if you can get part of the way out of the bath before needing to take a break - too hard? How about ''sit in the bath with the shower running over your head and think about washing your hair before somebody comes along to help you''? Still too much? Go to bed and stretch your legs or wiggle your toes and fingers whilst laying down'.

I still believe strongly that conservation of energy is vital - but the impact of those incremental changes and one instant one (the gluten business) has been significant over the last year.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Oh I’m vegetarian and I don’t eat eggs.
I went to the supermarket on Sunday for some fruit and veg and it ruined me yesterday.

Nope fasting and vertigo do not mix. I’d be surprised if anyone with ME got on with fasting tbh.
Fair enough lovely, I've met a few people who've made it work for them but you know your body best and no one should tell you different.

Loving the dahl suggestion, I'll have a think myself but for periods when I'm struggling to eat (work shifts or loss of appetite or failure of imagination or EDS flare etc) I keep some Huel and Huel bars in the cupboard. It's not exactly delicious or full of natural goodness but I know it's a nutritionally complete meal that'll line my stomach if I have to take meds and keep me going to avoid blood sugar issues and whatnot.
Handy for emergencies!

Reactions: 3
Oh I’m vegetarian and I don’t eat eggs.
I went to the supermarket on Sunday for some fruit and veg and it ruined me yesterday.

Sorry, Hotes. If I think of non meat/animal protein, I use firm tofu - and the pockets of fried tofu are less oily if you rinse them in boiling water quickly and then slice them and marinate in a tamari/sake/mirin mix or quickly stirfry in a vegetarian 'oyster' sauce with broccoli, onions, chilli and rice or rice noodles, cauliflower (baked or steamed taste the best, I think), lots of beans (love black beans, Kidney beans and azuki beans), avocado, chickpeas/carrots/spinach in curries/tomatoey casseroles - things like that.

Essentially, it's a switch from 'easy' highly processed with a fuckton of gluten containing lower nutrition/higher calorie products to protein+ less processed carbs (ie, rice & potatoes with a smaller amount of direct substitutes so I don't feel hard done by) + lots of veg that don't take a lot of time to cook. I wouldn't use Quorn, for example, as it takes a lot of time at the stove to make it taste good, and pretty much all the vegetable burgers (used to love beanburgers) contain gluten.

My best mate did something similar this past year - he didn't completely cut out wheat, but he did drastically reduce it in favour of moderate amounts of potatoes and rice, pretty much eliminating the pastry/white sliced/standard pasta/things in packets - he's managed to go from Insulin dependent type II diabetic to not needing any medication (HbAC1 was 89, now it's about 32) in about 7 months and has lost about two stone.

He's been legally blind since he was about 9 and really hasn't left the house for more than about 8 occasions until very recently due to shielding (most of his trips out were medical appointments), so exercise hasn't been much of a thing for him and his method of cooking is similar in that he doesn't spend hours in the kitchen and like things that are either in a safer means of cooking - steamer, rice cooker, slow cooker - or very quick and in one pan. He reckons that he's far less hungry or tired eating that way, too. His wife has lost weight as well on what he cooks - he does all the cooking and she does ridiculous shift patters. And, whether it's relevant to you or not, she's said that she's not had any peri menopause symptoms despite being in her mid fifties.

Reactions: 1
This would all fit well in Food and Drink! Don’t want RSM thinking we’re taking our eyes off her slippery lil grift ball.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I cannot believe* she's claiming poverty and talking about not having enough food or fresh food that isn't mouldy when her ex (who lives on her drive, someone said here?) has been delivering food parcels DAILY for a while.

*I absolutely can believe it.

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 11
I cannot believe* she's claiming poverty and talking about not having enough food or fresh food that isn't mouldy when her ex (who lives on her drive, someone said here?) has been delivering food parcels DAILY for a while.

*I absolutely can believe it.
Free of charge? She means he’s contributing towards his kids? Wow bleeping wee?! He’s doing the bare minimum, praise beans!

Reactions: 12
Free of charge? She means he’s contributing towards his kids? Wow bleeping wee?! He’s doing the bare minimum, praise beans!
The more she mentions him, the more it sounds to me like they're still together and she just likes to whine about him so the easiest way is to pretend they're not.

Reactions: 13
The more she mentions him, the more it sounds to me like they're still together and she just likes to whine about him so the easiest way is to pretend they're not.
Contributing all the brand names too, innocent smoothies aren’t cheap. Rattle rattle 🏺

Reactions: 9
RM is creating a little amusing and "mysterious" story around the food deliveries. She can't possibly say at this time where they're from!

90% likely it's freegan / supermarket bin diving food. If so, I thoroughly approve! (DELETE MY ACCOUNT!) I used to bin dive for fruit and veges scraps for my chickens, and a LOT of the time it was so good I used the produce for me and my people. Fun, frugal, a finger to supermarkets, and what a twitter delight of a story it is. We need this in the zine.

So, wow, if I'm on it, then RD and I are already good mates hahaaaa. RM, not so much

Attachments

• Sick
Reactions: 5
I hope he is contribution more than random food items. I understand RSM can't work bc of her ME but surely Roadside dad can bring in an income? I dont think she's mentioned him having a job before but I'm happy to be wrong. She's always so condescending about him

Hamsters do not need adult supervision.
I know it's too early but that could've been a good thread title

I'm assuming he'll be hamster sitting when rsm and the krays go on their city break unless he's coming with

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.