Roadside Mum #3 How dare you call me a Tory?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Still in a state of bewilderment re that fairytale thread. I'm not laughing, you're laughing.

Meanwhile, screenie.

Akin to:

Me: does anyone else like cheese on toast?

RM: I have ME, and drive a car

Me: okay, boomer

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 9
cant RD take them to swimming lessons on a Saturday?
Also I did swimming in high school (and we didn’t have a pool, we went to the Council baths)

Reactions: 13
My local council has weekly free swim sessions for local residents and massive discounts for benefit claimants the rest of the time. Other councils must have similar schemes.

Reactions: 7
If she’d let them go to school occasionally, they’d learn there. Swimming lessons are still part of the curriculum.
I bloody hate to defend her and obviously I have no experience of her local schools, but IME unless you are v lucky with your school the lessons offered are unlikely to teach complete novice kids to swim properly. There's an action plan slowly coming in to try and increase the provision but with COVID it's all been pushed back.

Tends to be a cycle too, the parents who can't afford out of school lessons can't swim, so can't teach their kids themselves so the kids go on the school lessons with no knowledge and learn to tread water while the kids who have had instruction out of school get certificates for various lengths. Even in a seaside town where learning to swim should be considered essential, no question.

She's unhinged.
wtf is she on about? obviously, people shouldn't be forced to apply for jobs they're not qualified for, but the example in the article is a pilot who went to work in a warehouse.

and I'm pretty sure massage parlours don't routinely advertise down the jobcentre plus. I can't even bring myself to comment on what she's said after that, it's despicable

tw - d*ath, s*icide, swerf talk. I tried to get this in a spoiler, but couldn't

Screenshot_20220127-213156_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Angry
I may be wrong but didn't she once say a job centre worker suggested sex work to her? I may have her confused with someone else tho so I'll look for receipts
Back in the last days of the job centre with the little cardboard jobs cards, they did start allowing adverts for table dancing 😱 I think they weren’t allowed to push it though

• Wow
She's unhinged.
No one, except her, is suggesting that anyone will be forced into sex work, either directly or indirectly, by this policy though.

There is maybe a discussion that it might increase people turning to sex work, but I doubt that's the intent of the policy.

• Haha
This is already the policy anyway. You were a full-time economist? They want front of house staff in Chicken Delight, you take the order and the money. It’s 10hrsper week. Then you look for another part time job. In the meantime you get UC top up. Or get sanctioned. Your choice.

Reactions: 10
No one, except her, is suggesting that anyone will be forced into sex work, either directly or indirectly, by this policy though.

There is maybe a discussion that it might increase people turning to sex work, but I doubt that's the intent of the policy.
I agree more and more people may turn to sex work, but she's suggesting 1) the DWP are deliberately pushing people into sex work and 2) death is preferable to sex work... which is really offensive to actual sex workers. Nobody should be forced into sex work but a lot of sex workers who choose to do that work enjoy it for the most part.

• Heart
This is already the policy anyway. You were a full-time economist? They want front of house staff in Chicken Delight, you take the order and the money. It’s 10hrsper week. Then you look for another part time job. In the meantime you get UC top up.
The issue, as far as I can tell is that they're reducing the length of time before you have to look outside your field, from 3 months to 1 month. So in your example you'd have a month to find a job in finance before they started forcing you to take jobs at the chicken shack.

Quite how RSM makes the leap that this particular change will force people into sex work, either by the job centre suggesting it (unlikely) or by it being a last resort, I'm not sure, though.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
The issue, as far as I can tell is that they're reducing the length of time before you have to look outside your field, from 3 months to 1 month. So in your example you'd have a month to find a job in finance before they started forcing you to take jobs at the chicken shack.

Quite how RSM makes the leap that this particular change will force people into sex work, either by the job centre suggesting it (unlikely) or by it being a last resort, I'm not sure, though.
Yeah I think how she’s reached that is...she has ME and if she pushes too far, she suffers worse than death. If you extrapolate the consequences of overdoing with ME (migraine, aches, pain, sleep disturbance, cognitive issues, IBS) and over egg those to being worse than death then apply that level of hyperbole to a minor change to benefits rules- BAM

Reactions: 8
Why are Jack and RSM always so dramatic? It must be exhausting to live in the land of hyperbole.

Reactions: 11
You see, the policymakers have decided that sex work will be a good way to support their policy of forced abortion (per RM rant.)

Two birds and all that.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.