Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Chickenandgravy

VIP Member
Paul Ritter of Friday Night Dinner, Harry Potter and Chernobyl fame (amongst others) has died. 54 of a brain tumour! So sad he was brilliant

• Sad
Reactions: 19

dorydaryl

Chatty Member
People speculating on how/ why he died. Perhaps it could be similar to a Stephen Gately situation- sudden heart failure due to a previously undiagnosed condition. I know of a 37 year old who went this way just before last Christmas, leaving a young family behind :(.

• Sad
  • Heart

Wackie Jeaver

VIP Member
From DM

I am so happy that the family did not say she has been "battling" breast cancer. (The DM did)
When that word is used and people die it infers that they did not "battle" enough and lost their battle. I didn't battle it, just got on with taking my medication but it may come back at any time so did I not battle enough. I hate that word with reference to cancer.
I completely 100% agree. Cancer does what it does, and survival is not a matter of whether someone 'fights' or not. I hope you are doing well now xx

Darius had a serious accident a few years ago and in a separate incident, was put into a coma after drinking contaminated water. His health must have been affected by these. People die at any age, can't believe people are linking it to the vaccine FFS.

• Sad
Reactions: 18

Tatooine_legend1

VIP Member
I didn't know she had cancer 30 years ago. From what I've read on social media, the cancer returned and spread to her bones.

My mother died of breast cancer at 53. She was too worried about going to the Dr and left it too long. No one in the family knew until it was too late and she got treatment, which lasted a few weeks.

Unfortunately it spread to her brain and a few days later she died. I was only 13 at the time. I'm a guy and being a 13 year old boy you generally have a very strong bond with your mother, so when she died it was unimaginable. It is so important to go get checked out for any lumps.

My mother was too scared when she discovered the lump and left it too long. I always wonder what if she had gone sooner when she first discovered the lump. My grandmother on my dad's side had a breast removed due to breast cancer and she went on to live until 90 years of age, so there's also a positive story there too.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad

DoodlePoodle

VIP Member
Meatloaf!! 💔😭
I’m 50 and my parents are big fans so I was bought up listening to Bat Out of Hell. Very sad news today 😢 And 74 isn’t that old really!

• Sad

pixxyy

VIP Member
jeez 41 is no age, after Popstars I was surprised when he tried again with Pop Idol. But public opinion changed on him & we got to hear his great voice. Instead of him being the guy who sung Britney.

• Sad

Stillwater

VIP Member
It's difficult for me to feel much sympathy if the guy had a load of drugs in his system. Then again, it seems that drugs are all part of the entertainment business. The percentage of entertainers that are on drugs must be pretty high. Similar to Heath Ledger, but with him it seemed like he was suffering quite bad from health issues. I don't know, maybe it was the same for Taylor Hawkins. Who knows.
If you don't know maybe try and scrape up some of that sympathy you're having difficulty locating.

Addiction is complicated.

• Heart

Glaschelle

VIP Member
I can't believe how upset I am about Darius. I saw him in panto years ago and he was fabulous.

It's such a shame for his family.

• Heart
Reactions: 17

Serene Serena

VIP Member
I've just learnt the Northern Irish TV presenter Aideen Kennedy has died aged 43, of a terminal illness. I read her obituary and was horrified to realise
she is only survived by her children Jacob and Eva, and her parents, Noel and Maura.
She lost her older sister Fiona to cancer in 2016, and that her brother Dara had died from a brain tumour less than a year earlier at the age of 35.
Meanwhile, her older brother Rory was killed when he was just a year old in a road accident.

Just how much heartache can one family take?

• Sad

2xblended

VIP Member
Yeah, I couldn't believe it when I saw the news pop up. It's such a shock. He was amazing, I am a big fan and it's really hitting me hard.

I saw some photos on news articles where you could see some (not all, thankfully) fans were lined up with their phones trying to capture images/video of the body being taken out of the hotel. That upset me more than the news itself. Why do you want a picture of a body bag, even if it's someone famous? It's like they're desensitized to the reality of the situation.

• Heart

Tangerine Cat

VIP Member
Really sad news. I lost a friend Jo when she was only 20 after she was knocked down. As kids in the school holidays along with my sister, our days consisted of watching Grease at least once a day and also 9 to 5 with Dolly Parton. So this news just brings all my youth back and Jo.

Olivia had some bloody good songs too, thanks for linking to them all.

Im proper sad tonight, I’m going to need a week off when Dolly goes :cry::cry::cry:

• Heart

Django

VIP Member
For anyone who is interested, this is one of the most beautiful books I've read.
20220810_104727_mfnr.jpg

20220810_104734.jpg

• Heart