Rest in Peace

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
From DM

I am so happy that the family did not say she has been "battling" breast cancer. (The DM did)
When that word is used and people die it infers that they did not "battle" enough and lost their battle. I didn't battle it, just got on with taking my medication but it may come back at any time so did I not battle enough. I hate that word with reference to cancer.
I completely 100% agree. Cancer does what it does, and survival is not a matter of whether someone 'fights' or not. I hope you are doing well now xx

Reactions: 19
Really sad news. I lost a friend Jo when she was only 20 after she was knocked down. As kids in the school holidays along with my sister, our days consisted of watching Grease at least once a day and also 9 to 5 with Dolly Parton. So this news just brings all my youth back and Jo.

Olivia had some bloody good songs too, thanks for linking to them all.

Im proper sad tonight, I’m going to need a week off when Dolly goes :cry::cry::cry:

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I think when someone has been ill for a while, I tend to think they become immortal almost. 73 is so young too, but she crammed so much into her life.

I sometimes see this song on Now 80s and I love it

May you rest in peace Olivia ❤

still love this song and she was so pretty

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
Grease is one of my all time favourite films, I have the original double album soundtrack from the film.
Goodbye to Sandra Dee.

Australia has lost two legends with beautiful voices, within days of each other. I saw the Australian version of This is your life, featuring Judith Durham from The Seekers. The episode can be found on YouTube, and was made in 1997. One of the contributors was Olivia Newton John. They both seemed such lovely people.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Spent many a summer re enacting the pink ladies with my friends. Sandy was our idol as youngsters. RIP to the beautiful and always classy Olivia Newton John ❤

Totally Devoted to you is my all time favourite song of hers x

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I didn't know she had cancer 30 years ago. From what I've read on social media, the cancer returned and spread to her bones.

My mother died of breast cancer at 53. She was too worried about going to the Dr and left it too long. No one in the family knew until it was too late and she got treatment, which lasted a few weeks.

Unfortunately it spread to her brain and a few days later she died. I was only 13 at the time. I'm a guy and being a 13 year old boy you generally have a very strong bond with your mother, so when she died it was unimaginable. It is so important to go get checked out for any lumps.

My mother was too scared when she discovered the lump and left it too long. I always wonder what if she had gone sooner when she first discovered the lump. My grandmother on my dad's side had a breast removed due to breast cancer and she went on to live until 90 years of age, so there's also a positive story there too.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
Genuinely this is the first celebrity death that has left me quite sore, I'm usually awww sad and that's it. I don't like it.

• Sad

Magic is my favourite of all her songs.
I also love her version of "If not for you."

She was so lovely.
She shone as if there was a light around her.

RIP
She had a great aura ,even her final interview (where she was clearly unwell ) it shone through .

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Interesting about Olivia Newton-John. Her parents from what I can find seem to have lived until good ages. Then their daughter get cancer in her early 40s, then dies at 73. Sometimes genetics do not make sense. Add to that she was a slim woman, in good shape and wealthy. Her grandfather received a Nobel prize in physics. I try to make sense of death, but it is hard to know what really determines it. A mix of genetics and lifestyle. I really do not know.

Reactions: 3
Really sad news. I lost a friend Jo when she was only 20 after she was knocked down. As kids in the school holidays along with my sister, our days consisted of watching Grease at least once a day and also 9 to 5 with Dolly Parton. So this news just brings all my youth back and Jo.

Olivia had some bloody good songs too, thanks for linking to them all.

Im proper sad tonight, I’m going to need a week off when Dolly goes :cry::cry::cry:
Dolly is not dying
Interesting about Olivia Newton-John. Her parents from what I can find seem to have lived until good ages. Then their daughter get cancer in her early 40s, then dies at 73. Sometimes genetics do not make sense. Add to that she was a slim woman, in good shape and wealthy. Her grandfather received a Nobel prize in physics. I try to make sense of death, but it is hard to know what really determines it. A mix of genetics and lifestyle. I really do not know.
Sometimes it's just crappy bad luck. Grease is a movie I watch time and time again. A classic that remains relevant even now. I remember going to the Cinema 3 times before we actually got in, the queue was huge. I sincerely hope that no one tries to recast and remake it, every one of the actors was absolutely perfect.

Sometimes it's just crappy bad luck.
Oh I agree, like with many people who die of health conditions at earlier ages. You just never know when your time is up really. Look at Julia Bradbury, she is healthy, does all those walking shows, seemingly lives a healthy lifestyle, yet she was diagnosed with breast cancer a few months ago. She is ok now I think, but just shows that it's as you say, tit luck. Many overweight and unhealthy people who live beyond ages they should, but then you have kids and teens who die of cancer. We all have to die of something, but we all hope we get to see out a fair few decades of life before that happens.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.