Rest in Peace

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
His wife, very distressed, told the PR company he was vey ill (He is not expected to live much longer) and the PR company got the wrong end of the stick

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
Oh no. Just been announced on BBC news that Bernard Cribbins has died, aged 93. I loved him. So versatile. R.I.P., Bernard.

Edit: Aw, we posted just about the same time @Django and @UnknownTattler

• Sad
Reactions: 10
Sad to hear about Bernard Cribbins, his wife of 70 years died in the past few months too. RIP. A great actor.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Very sad to hear this. I so wanted him to get a knighthood before he passed. Shame he never was Sir Bernard.

I have a CD of him narrating The Snowman with an orchestral soundtrack.
I always play it when I'm writing my Christmas cards and wrapping Christmas prezzies. His voice was so wonderful.
Loved him on Jackanory, too.
And loved his songs that were always played on the Junior Choice radio shows.

Very fond of him.
RIP Sir.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I'm shocked and saddened that Bernard Cribbins has died. He was so talented and versatile. Another chunk of my childhood torn away. 😪

Reactions: 3
Oh no. Just been announced on BBC news that Bernard Cribbins has died, aged 93. I loved him. So versatile. R.I.P., Bernard.

Edit: Aw, we posted just about the same time @Django and @UnknownTattler
I was about to goto work when I heard the announcement, 93 years old, a great innings!

Grew up watching him in some TV show during the 70's.

Interesting fact, Bernard was one of two actors who appeared in the second DR WHO film "Earth Invasion 2150AD" and
appeared in the TV Series. In the Film Bernard played a Policeman called Tom who stumbled into the Tardis after being
knocked over the head after a "Smash and Grab". Phillip Madoc was the other actor, his role was more of a cameo but
he was in about 5 Dr Who stories. Bernard joined the cast along with Catherine Tate around 2007.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Not trying to put bad luck on him or anything, but I was surprised to learn that Brian Blessed is 85 years old. I hadn't heard about him for a long time, but seems to be going strong still. He's a legend. "BRIAAAN BLESSEEDDD!!!"

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.